IGN has posted a new MLB The Show 19 video with gameplay designer, Ramone Russell, as he discusses some of the new features in the game this year. We’ve listed some bullet points below, but check out the full video here.
- 3 main focuses: User skills, defensive efficiency, make great defensive players stand out (not every player will be able to make the same type of play)
- Better defensive (higher rated) players at all positions, can make diving catches and stops a lot easier than lower rated players
- The AI knows whether or not they need to get the throw off quickly or take their time, depending on the runner speed
- Hitting isn’t all about the PCI this year. It relies more on a range of different things, like PCI, swing timing, being able to lay off pitches and more
- Contact hitters are more valuable this year
- Online baserunning exploits have been corrected, as the AI can make quicker decisions, since tags can quickly branch into a throw
- Lower rated players in the outfield will have bad jumps on the ball (in all 8 directions), the higher the rating, the better the jump