IGN has posted a new MLB The Show 19 video with senior staff designer, Steve Merka, as he discusses what’s new in Road to the Show this year.
We’ve posted the video below, along with some bullet points. Let us know your thoughts.
- Archetypes have been consolidated from 15 to 5 – Pure Power (upper body strength to sling and wreck it), Small Ball (combo of speed, fielding and contact), Rock Steady (clutch player in the field and the plate), Mr. Utility (ability to play almost anywhere), The Anomaly (rare combo of power and speed)
- Major Strengths (the fastest and easiest way to train (Medium Strengths (takes some effort to train), Weaknesses (hardest to train)
- Personalities affect which perks will be available during your career. There are 4 player personalities:
- Lightning Rod – You’re a doer not a thinker. You’re not necessarily concerned with planning and preparation, but you’re always able to get it done in the heat of the moment.
- Maverick – You’re an independent thinker. With a bit of a hard edge, your have a knack for getting under your opponent’s skin.
- Captain – You’re a natural born leader. You’ve always garnered respect amongst your peers and have excelled in team-based activities.
- Heart and Soul – You’ve always had a way with people. You bring a positive presence to your environment with your warm and supportive attitude.
- More details on Personality Growth and Relationships