GameStop has posted their official MLB Monday, featuring MLB The Show 19’s Road to the Show mode. We’ve bulleted a few details below, along with the video and captured some screenshots. Make sure to post your thoughts.
— GameStop (@GameStop) February 18, 2019
- RTTS challenges you to define who you are as a player with archetypes like Pure Power, Small Ball, Mr. Utility, Rock Steady and The Anomaly. These influence how fast you improve your attributes on the field and through training.
- All max attributes are now capped at 99.
- Mini-games are included this year, to earn more attribute points for extra games.
- The mini-games include strength training, memorization, learning how to use the batting PCI better.
- You are not required to play the mini-games.
- There will be more impact dialog choices this year. Speak with teammates and text rivals ahead of the game.
- Interactions will define your players personality, as well as relationships with others around the league.
- Personalities affect which perks will be available during your career. There are 4 player personalities:
- Lightning Rod – You’re a doer not a thinker. You’re not necessarily concerned with planning and preparation, but you’re always able to get it done in the heat of the moment.
- Maverick – You’re an independent thinker. With a bit of a hard edge, your have a knack for getting under your opponent’s skin.
- Captain – You’re a natural born leader. You’ve always garnered respect amongst your peers and have excelled in team-based activities.
- Heart and Soul – You’ve always had a way with people. You bring a positive presence to your environment with your warm and supportive attitude.
- The more you develop your personality type, the more perks you can unlock throughout your career. The stronger your relationships, the more powerful those perks become.
- Challenges have been added in 2 flavors:
- Dynamic Challenges: Can happen during an at bat and are a great way to gain points towards a players attributes.
- Cap Challenges: Provide an extra gain towards a players cap. You can decide the goal, the harder the bigger your reward.
- Boss Challenge… (We’ll have to wait and see on this one…)