MLB The Show 19 gRamone Russell has provided some details on defensive intelligence, situational awareness, defensive AI, user skill, player differentiation and more.
We’ve listed some of those details below, but you can read the entire blog here.
- New defensive A.I. best play decision-making logic
- Advanced fielding efficiency puts the game in your hands and allows you to make all the plays
- Situational awareness 2.0
- New Steal Indicator
- User Skill matters with User routes to the ball and the New Button Accuracy Throwing Meter
- Player Differentiation: fielding ability, reaction time, speed, and arm strength all play a huge part in your fielding success or failures; great players will consistently make the tough plays while Playing out of position will result in an increased frequency of fielding miscues
Hitting engine advancements in The Show 19 have increased the significance of user skill and player tools. We now reward multiple human batter skills and not god-level “PCI skill” how we reward: PCI skill, swing timing, and taking pitches (not getting fooled) more evenly. This helps separate users by a basket of skills, and gives each user more opportunities to improve themselves in the The Show 19. When hitting was only PCI skill, you topped out much faster and couldn’t really improve as a batter after that. With the aforementioned changes, the game allows a lot more replay, and more ways for individuals of different skills to shine. High Contact hitters like W.Merrifield, M.Brantley, J.Peraza, and L.Cain who love spraying the ball around the field or dumping line drives just over the infield are more viable and play closer to their real life counterparts in MLB The Show 19.