Tonight at 7:00 PM EST, the MLB Network will announce the 2018 season predictions, made by Out of the Park Baseball 19, as part of their Predictions Special.
UPDATE: (3/30) Here’s the video for those of you that missed it.
The Out of the Park Developments team simulated the 2018 Major League Baseball season 1,000 times and put together a forecast that includes expected division winners and how the playoffs will unfold, including the World Series.
Out of the Park Baseball 19 includes:
- New 3D stadiums and 3D player models with improved on-field movements, including running, sliding, jumping, and throwing.
- New in-game screen design for an optimized virtual dugout.
- 2018 roster sets with all Opening Day MLB rosters, as well as the complete minor league system from Triple-A to rookie leagues and the Arizona Fall League. All Major League (and over a thousand minor league) player ratings will be based on the popular ZiPS player projection system. The 8 international leagues, as well as independent minor leagues in the US, also return this year with accurate rosters.
- Rewritten scouting reports that give a more detailed and realistic look at players.
- New tournament modes! Create a stand-alone tournament bracket and draw any teams in history into it. The possibilities are endless!
- Ultra-realistic AI roster management and in-game decisions.
- A reworked ratings module.
- User voting for end-of-season awards.
Many more improvements, including:
- Redesigned interface, with the ability to choose between 6 different fonts
- 800 custom team logos for fictional leagues
- Improved Manager Home screen, with a more customizable layout and new widget options
- A new stat — RA9-WAR (WAR based on runs allowed) — for pitchers
- Delayed substitutions for injured players
- And much more!
This summer, Out of the Park Developments will unveil an exciting new online mode called PERFECT TEAM. An open Beta will happen this spring, and the company will announce more information soon.
OOTP 19 runs on PC/Mac/Linux and like last year it features the American League and National League logos, the World Series trophy, official logos and jerseys for all 30 MLB teams, over 150 Minor League Baseball league and team logos, and historical MLB logos.