Madden NFL 20 game update 1.22 is available, featuring an updated run commit mechanic, so it’s more effective at stopping the running plays, when used toward the correct side of the run.
The patch also fixed some other gameplay issues, including an issue with a touchdown being called, during commentary, on touchdowns that were not actually scored. These mostly occurred on tackles near the goal line.
The team fixed a few playbook issues with defensive alignments, zone swapping, incorrect routes and frozen players. The developers mention they have plans to update the AI play-calling and playbooks at the end of the NFL season.
There were a few other fixes in franchise mode, along with some various commentary updates. Superstar KO also added some new X-Factors and Legends to the Draft Pool.
Check out the patch notes below and let us know what you’re seeing.
- General stability & connectivity improvements
- NFL Player Likeness Updates:
- Various commentary updates
- Addressed an issue that was preventing some Cloud leagues from being able to Advance Week near the end of the regular season
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Adjust Lineup’ tool preventing it from updating the team’s OVR and player-count correctly
- Fixed a typo in player name in an early retirement story News post
- DEV NOTE: We updated the list of disallowed player names for Face of the Franchise: QB1 mode. This means that you may not be able to make a player avatar with your preferred last name when playing through the College Football Championship games. Users can change their player’s name once they are drafted onto an NFL team, where there are no naming restrictions.
- Updated ‘Run Commit’ mechanic to be more effective at stopping running plays when used toward the correct side of the run on all game styles
- Fixed an issue causing the commentary to call out a Touchdown when a TD wasn’t scored, most frequently occurring during tackles right at the goal line
- Fixed an issue allowing the ‘Grab-N-Go’ ability to activate on running backs during RPO plays
- Fixed some issues sometimes causing players to freeze after TD celebrations
- Fixed an issue allowing an exploit work-around for the ‘Ice the Kicker’ by calling a fake FG play
- Playbook Updates:
- Fixed an issue with defensive alignment with Dime Sugar Weak vs. flipped offensive plays
- Fixed an issue causing zone swapping for 4-3 Even 6-1 and 46 Cub vs. Trips TE/Bunch TE
- Fixed an incorrect route on Gun Tight Doubles Zig Under
- Fixed an issue causing a frozen player on Close Z Clown/Close Z Corner
- DEV NOTE: We have more NFL Live AI play-calling and Playbook updates that will reflect the latest data from the end of the NFL season coming soon. Stay tuned!
Superstar KO Updates
- New X-Factors added to the Superstar KO Draft Pool
- Lamar Jackson
- Nick Bosa
- Jamal Adams
- Devin McCourty
- Chandler Jones
- Amari Cooper
- New Legends added to the Superstar KO Draft Pool
- Ed “Too Tall” Jones
- Brian Urlacher
- Andre Reed
- Randall Cunningham