The Madden NFL 20 closed beta is set to arrive on Friday, June 14 at 12:00 p.m. EST and is scheduled to run through Sunday, June 16 at midnight.
Fans that receive a code can play all of the modes available in the game, except for Face of the Franchise: QB1 Campaign and Madden Ultimate Team.
The Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Rams, New England Patriots, and New Orleans Saints will be the only teams available in the closed beta.
Looking for a chance to obtain a Madden NFL 20 closed beta code? Here’s how.
- Beginning June 8, EA PLAY attendees have a chance to get codes to access the Madden NFL 20 beta. Stop by our Madden booth, and if you get a code, double check it’s for the right console.
- From June 10 to June 14, we’ll give codes to select players on our social channels. Make sure to follow @EAMaddenNFL on Twitter and EAMaddenNFL on Twitch.
- Our dev team will also spread the love. We’ll amplify posts from Twitter, and we’ll share codes with our communities. Check out MUTHEAD and Reddit (Madden Ultimate Team) for a chance to get a code.
- Check your email associated with your EA Account for another chance to get access. And if you’re a competitor in the Madden Championship Series, keep an extra eye on your inbox, because we’re sending out codes to randomly selected competitors.
WHAT’S A CLOSED BETA?
A closed beta is a large-scale test where a set number of players can play specific parts of an early version of a game by entering a one-time use unlock code.
For you, the player, it’s a way to get hands-on experience with Madden NFL 20. For us at EA, we takeaway learnings about how the game behaves and have an opportunity to test how stable our servers are.
WILL MY PROGRESS CARRY OVER FROM THE BETA?
It will not. To keep everyone on an even playing field at launch, we will reset any progress you made during the beta.
HOW TO ACCESS THE BETA
You can redeem your code through the PlayStation or Microsoft stores on your console.
- Open the PlayStation Store from your PlayStation 4.
- Choose Redeem Codes from the Store menu.
- Enter your code and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Go to the Games store.
- Choose Use a code and type in the code.
CAN I CAPTURE OR STREAM THE BETA?
By activating your code, you’re also agreeing to refrain from capturing or streaming the game in any way. Any content that is posted will be taken down and your access to the beta will be revoked immediately.