Madden NFL 19 game update 1.18 has arrived, featuring some gameplay updates, specific to alignment issues in playbooks, tuning for pass accuracy and throw power, special teams tweaks, new logic in pass coverage and more.
Check out the patch notes below and let us know what you’re seeing.
- Addressed an issue with mouse selection not functioning throughout the Customize Your Season flow after continuing from a Play Now game
- Fixed an issue that allowed users to get players in unrealistic alignments via audibles that was being used as an exploit
- Increased the Passing Accuracy and Throw Power penalties when wildly dropping back, very far behind the line of scrimmage, and throwing across the QB’s body
- Improved kickoff trajectory to avoid kickoffs that are difficult for the returner to successfully catch or recover in a reasonable amount of time
- Removed any chance at a kick block if the Jump Snap mechanic on defense is mistimed to be early on Competitive and Simulation Game Styles (this will prevent defensive users from spamming the button until the snap)
- Added new logic for Cover 4 Quarters to better handle vertical routes from Trips formations when the #3 receiver (closest receiver to line of scrimmage) is in a detached alignment
- Added coverage logic for the Deep Half Safety in Cover 6 to prevent him from matching vertical routes being ran by inside receivers
- Adjusted coverage logic for Seam Flat defenders in Cover 3 Match so that they properly match wheel routes that are run by a receiver aligned in a slot position
- Fixed an issue causing a TE in a wing or fullback position on certain HB Toss plays to target defenders on the backside of the formation
Madden Ultimate Team
- The previous Huddle tab will be renamed “Competitive”, and taken over with Madden Championship Series content, including the streaming schedule and the Gameday Program, which has competitive-themed offers, like unique Club Championship uniforms and competitor coaches.