Codemasters has revealed some of the features for F1 2020, which include a new mode called My Team, 2-player split-screen, customizable settings, shorter career options and much more. They also released some screenshots and details on the Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition.
My Team – Be the 11th Team on the Grid
My Team is a major new mode for F1 2020, and a first for the F1 franchise. Alongside the well-established career mode of the F1 games, you’ll be able to experience F1 2020 as a driver-manager, and it’s going to offer you a unique insight into the world of F1!
That’s not all though. Whether you’re playing ‘My Team’, or our traditional Career mode, we’re giving you more flexibility with your season lengths, and you’ll be able to choose between the original and full 22 race season (including Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort), or shorter 10 or 16 options.
For social play with friends, two-player split-screen makes its welcome return, so you’ll be able to show off those skills against your sibling or fight for first place with your friends.
We’re also adding a host of different options designed to help those of you new to F1 games and adjust the challenge to match your expertise. These modes are in addition to the core F1 and F2 racing experiences which remain as challenging as ever for those who love the intensity of simulation racing.
The Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition
Celebrate the record-breaking F1 career of the legendary Michael Schumacher. Take to the circuit in four of his most iconic cars and receive exclusive content including Michael Schumacher-themed multiplayer car liveries, helmets, race suits, and a podium celebration emote. You can also embark on your career using a Michael Schumacher driver model.
- The entire F1 2020 game and the “Seventy Edition” DLC Content.
- The 4 iconic Michael Schumacher cars:
- 1991 Jordan 191
- 1994 Benetton B194
- 1995 Benetton B195
- 2000 Ferrari F1-2000
- Exclusive Michael Schumacher in-game model, race suits, helmet designs and podium celebration emote.
- Unique Schumacher-inspired multiplayer car liveries.
Not only that, to celebrate the Seventieth Anniversary of Formula 1 itself, if you pre-order or purchase the Schumacher Deluxe Edition or the F1 2020: F1 Seventy Edition will receive an exclusive set of in-game items. A Limited Edition F1 2020 Steelbook will also be available in local markets via selected retailers.
- F1 2020 is the most comprehensive F1 game yet, putting players firmly in the driving seat as they race against the best drivers in the world. For the first time, players can create their own F1 team by creating a driver, then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid. Build facilities, develop the team over time and drive to the top.
- Customise your 10-year career mode, with a choice of F2 Championship introduction options and season lengths to allow for a more exciting, multiple season, career.
- The addition of split-screen racing, a new steering assist and a more accessible race experience means that you can enjoy the game with friends, no matter what your skill level.
- F1 2020 features all the official teams, drivers and 22 circuits, including two new races: Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort (Online connection required to download the final teams’ 2020 cars (as applicable) and F2 2020 season content.)
Game feature List
- THE OFFICIAL VIDEOGAME OF THE 2020 FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- NEW MYTEAM MODE – An immersive driving game, players can now create their own F1 team.
- Create a driver, then choose a sponsor, an engine supplier, hire a teammate and compete as the 11th team on the grid.
- Build facilities and develop the team over time and drive to the top.
- NEW – Two new races: Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort.
- NEW – Split-screen racing.
- NEW – Casual race options for more relaxed racing.
- NEW – Shorter season-length options: 10, 16 or full 22 race options.
- All the official teams, the drivers and circuits from the 2020 Formula One World Championship
- Acclaimed ten-year career mode.
- Formula 2, the ultimate training ground for F1, is also included, now with new half or full season options and 2019 and 2020* season content.
- x16 classic F1 cars from 1988-2010.
- Esports – in-game area for the online qualification events, latest news and even watch the new F1 Esports Challenger and Pro Series races.
- More ways to race: Time Trial, Grand Prix Mode, Championships and relive your glory with saveable automated highlights.
- Compete online in Multiplayer: Ranked and Unranked races, Leagues, Customisable Liveries and Weekly Events.
- *Online connection required to download the final teams’ 2020 cars (as applicable) and the F2 2020 season content post-launch.