eFootball PES 2020 data pack 2 has arrived today, featuring updated player faces, new boots, new balls and new team kits. Italy’s Serie B is now fully licensed and eFootball PES 2020 patch 1.02 has plenty of gameplay tweaks and fixes. Check out the details below, including the full patch notes and a more detailed explanation of the gameplay fixes and changes from the developers.
The update adds over 100 updated player faces, including new content related to PES 2020 partner clubs, FC Barcelona, Manchester United, FC Bayern München, and Juventus. We’ve posted plenty of videos showing off the player face updates, new legends and a 3rd kit for FC Barcelona.
Player Face Updates
- Lionel Messi Arturo Vidal (tattoo update) Ansu Fati Carles Pérez Jean-Clair Todibo Iñaki Peña
New Legends – Rivaldo & Deco
- Recognized as the best player in the world in 1999, Rivaldo spent 5 successful years at the club winning back-to-back league titles, where he showcased his ability to score memorable goals with his deadly left-foot.
- Named Barcelona’s player of the year for the 2005–06 season, Deco was a versatile and creative midfielder, who helped the club win league and European titles during his 4-year stay.
3rd Kit Added
- FC Barcelona’s away uniform from the 1996-97 season was the inspiration for the clubs 3rd kit, which elegantly merges their iconic ’90s identity with the modern Nike aesthetic.
Player Face Updates
- Daniel James Axel Tuanzebe Lee Grant Tahith Chong Angel Gomes James Garner
New Legends – Yorke & Cole
- One of the most memorable striking partnerships in world soccer, Andrew Cole and Dwight Yorke achieved greatness in the 1998-99 treble-winning season, thanks to their telepathic understanding and lethal finishing.
FC Bayern München
Player Face Updates
- Mickaël Cuisance
New Legends – Rummenigge & Lizarazu
- Known for his speed and great dribbling ability, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge scored over 200 goals in his 10 years at FCB, earning a number of individual and club honors.
- Bixente Lizarazu was enamored for his energy, commitment and elite ability, which allowed him to control the left side of the field from a defensive position.
Player Face Updates
- Cristiano Ronaldo Paulo Dybala Aaron Ramsey Wojciech Szczęsny Sami Khedira Merih Demiral Carlo Pinsogli
Player Face Updates
- Over 100 player faces have been updated
New cleats and ball added
- 8 cleats from the latest NIKE ((Mercurial Superfly VII, Phantom Venom, Phantom Vision, Tiempo Legend VIII), PUMA (FUTURE 4.1 NETFIT, PUMA ONE 5.1), and UMBRO (Medusae 3, Velocita 4) models, along with the official balls of both the Italian Serie BKT and Superliga Argentina leagues.
New & Updated Uniforms
- Several kits have either been updated or added, including club teams FC Barcelona, A.S. Roma, and Galatasaray S.K., as well as many national team kits such as Montenegro, Luxembourg, Ireland, and Hungary.
Stadiums, Trophies, and Interview Backdrops
- The exterior of Arsenal’s home ‘Emirates Stadium’ has been updated.
- Italian Serie A TIM and Russian Premier Liga trophies have been added.
- AC Milan and Universidad de Chile interview backdrop designs have been updated.
eFootball PES 2020 game update 1.02 also arrived today, providing plenty of gameplay tweaks and fixes. Check out the patch notes below.
Updates and Additions
- New league added: Serie BKT
- Updates to some club team names
- Updates to some national team names
- Updated face models
- Updated player portraits
- Updated Manager portraits
- Updated uniforms
- Additional cleat models
- Additional ball designs
- Updated stadium data and media backdrops
- Made it possible for users on the same Side to be matched with one another to improve matchmaking wait times during the Group Match Stage.
- Removed the cap that prevented users from joining the Side with more members when there was a considerable difference in numbers between Sides.
- Introduced different Group Match Stages and Grand Finals for Basic, Intermediate, and Expert players, wherein users are sorted into an appropriate category depending on their rating.
- Various fixes applied to players and player data, including appearance-issues and players whose stronger foot was incorrect in-game.
- An issue that caused changes to the [Base Color of Media Backdrop] and [Sponsor Logo Image] menus for some teams to be reset to their defaults after installing the previous update.
- An issue affecting online PvP matches, where changes made to stadium settings prior to a match occasionally failed to carry over into gameplay.
- An issue that prevented users from receiving myClub login bonuses when accessing myClub indirectly from the Information screen in the Top Menu.
- A display issue affecting your GP counter after losing an Auction, which caused it to appear as though you were refunded more GP than you had actually bid.
- An issue when purchasing myClub Coins that resulted in a delay before they would be added to your in-game balance.
- An issue that prevented the Squad Rating value displayed in the Matchday Squad Management screen from updating when switching between squads.
- An issue that occurred in Master League when playing with the Thai League that caused the weather to be snowy even when snow had not been selected.
- An issue that prevented the super cancel technique from working as intended.
- An issue that caused the amount of overtime remaining to spontaneously change.
- An issue that caused the positioning of your defenders to become unnatural when a player marked under Mark Settings left the field.
- An issue where your opponent’s yellow cards failed to display in the Game Plan menu.
- An issue where certain phrases in the commentary did not match actual gameplay.
- An issue that caused problems with the audio playback for stadium announcements and crowd noise/chants.
- An issue that prevented obvious fouls from being flagged as fouls by the ref.
- An issue that resulted in some visual clipping during post-match scenes at Estádio Cícero Pompeu de Toledo.
- An issue that resulted in erratic ball trajectory when using the Trick FK move during a free kick with two kickers.
- Improved the system that judges which player to put the cursor on in case of a loose ball.
- Adjusted player reactions to loose balls.
- Adjusted the positioning of midfield and backline players when defending.
- A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.
The developers also chimed in with more details on the gameplay fixes and changes in eFootball PES 2020 patch 1.02.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Super Cancel technique from working as intended. This was an issue that a large number of fans flagged, so we took care to make sure that we got it right.
- We fixed the issue where the Super Cancel would sometimes fail to work under the following circumstances:
- When you charge up the kick gauge, triggering a long kick animation before taking a shot.
- When the player tried to shoot/cross a ball in a direction different to the one he is facing (which can occasionally cause players to fall over).
- When the R1 and R2 button (RB and RT buttons for Xbox One) were not released at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where goalkeeper fouls were not being called correctly. We noticed that sometimes the referee would forget to blow the whistle when a goalkeeper committed a foul. Examples of this included when your goalkeeper comes into contact with an opposing player, such as when attempting to tackle him, or when trying to catch/punch the ball. Now you will no longer have to scream for a penalty shot when your opponent’s goalkeeper commits a foul.
- Fixed an issue where the 2nd kicker in a “Trick FK” would sometimes kick the ball in a different direction. Normally, when performing a “Trick FK” you would expect that after the 1st kicker steps over the ball the 2nd kicker would prepare his shot. Although visually it may have appeared as though you were in control of both kickers, you were not in control of the 2nd kicker at all! Nope, it wasn’t your evil twin – it was just a problem with how controls worked. Specifically, if you had not switched your cursor to the 2nd kicker by the time the 1st kicker had stepped over the ball, the game would automatically put the AI in control of the 2nd kicker. To make matters worse, pressing the kick button would cause the power gauge to appear, making it look as though you were in control of how strong the shot would be, but in fact, you were not in control at all. We fixed this issue, so now you will have complete control over the 2nd kicker and how the shot will be taken.
General Gameplay Changes
- Adjusted the cursor change to target the player that is closest to a loose ball.
- Adjusted the way players react to loose balls. Regarding this issue, we want to provide some insight into how the AI works with regards to loose balls. When there is a loose ball on the pitch, the following happens:
- The AI judges where you closest player is in relation to the opponent’s closest player.
- If it determines that your player has a good chance to get there before the opponent, it will make your player dash towards the ball.
- On the other hand, if it determines your player is not likely to beat the opponent to the ball, your player doesn’t make a play for the ball, and is placed under your control instead.
- Originally, the AI was programmed to be extremely conservative when determining whether your player had a good chance to arrive first, meaning that more often than not, you would be put in control of the closest player instead of attacking the ball. We have now adjusted the algorithm to increase the number of situations in which the AI makes the player run towards the ball. The result of this is that players are more likely to attack a loose ball to try and gain possession.
- Adjusted the positioning of the defense line and midfield line. The positioning of the defence line and midfield line tended to leave a gap between the two, which allowed the attackers to pass the ball towards the frontlines with relative ease. To fix this issue, we adjusted the midfield line to be closer to the defence line, allowing for a more solid defense. As a result, the overall pacing of matches will slow down a little, since more emphasis will be put on the build up from the midfield.