Metalhead Software has just released a new 9+ minute video showcasing Super Mega Baseball 3’s new features, including a deep dive into the new Franchise mode, that contains deep team and player management, upgrades to the existing modes, new content and customization options, and more.
In addition, Metalhead has revealed, that due to the industry-wide changes from COVID-19, there have been some logistical delays in the game’s release. They aren’t ready to announce a change from the April release window quite yet, but they are optimistic that if there is a delay, it will be minor.
The team has also announced their Super Mega Baseball 2 Team Import tool, which is scheduled to arrive soon after launch, allowing users to import their custom rosters from Super Mega Baseball 2 to use in Super Mega Baseball 3.
And lastly, a major online gameplay feature is under development and will be announced prior to launch.
Check out the video below and let us know your thoughts.
Previously announced Super Mega Baseball 3 features include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
Super Mega Baseball 3 will be released on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam for $44.99.