As announced last week, the latest update for Super Mega Baseball 3 has arrived on PlayStation 4 and PC, featuring online leagues and a revamped Watch mode. The patch also includes many improvements and fixes plenty of issues that were brought up by the community.
Xbox One users are still waiting for the update and Metalhead is looking into the delay.
UPDATE: The patch is available now for Xbox One users.
Check out the patch notes below.
- New Online Leagues game mode:
- Play against friends on other platforms
- Use custom teams (optional)
- Uses matchmaking with customizable options and no fixed schedule
- Statistics tracked throughout
- Available in both the full game and in the demo/trial versions
How to get your friends into SMB3 with Online Leagues:
⚾️Pick friends on any of the platforms
⚾️Get them to download the trial/demo
⚾️Set-up a group chat to coordinate (Discord/WhatsApp/etc)
⚾️Generate & send an invite code
⚾️Get them started on Ego 15#SuperMegaBaseball3
— Super Mega Baseball (@SupMegBaseball) September 29, 2020
- Completely revamped Watch Mode for spectating AI vs AI games
- Watch the game and explore the details of the ballparks from dozens of new camera angles
- Control the camera direction and zoom for an immersive spectator experience
- Use new minimal HUD modes for a relaxed visual experience or for clean screenshots
- The speed and direction of ball deflections off of missed catches by fielders has been tweaked so that the ball continues to travel more in its current direction, and less in the direction that the fielder is moving.
- Pitchers now drop even more comebackers.
- A pitch intended to be a pitchout will now register as a pitchout even if the pitcher’s aim is slightly off.
- Further minor improvements to AI bullpen usage have been made.
- The suggested lineup algorithm / AI-generated lineups have been updated to reduce the likelihood that a big power hitter gets put in the lead-off spot while a more contact-type hitter ends up in the #3 spot.
- Home run horns have been revised.
- Pennant Race Ego assignments and Ratings have been adjusted, particularly to increase runs per game for players that were previously at Ego 80 and above.
- In Pennant Race, the Hub now shows what Ego you will be assigned in your next game.
- In Pennant Race, the standings can now be refreshed without leaving the Hub.
- In Pennant Race, the Game History screen now lists the Ego used by each player.
- [New to PS4 only, already present on other platforms] In Pennant Race, users can now see their opponent’s visual team customizations if they choose to by setting the Force Default Teams option to off.
- In Pennant Race, the randomization algorithm used to pick the starting pitcher slot and the home team has been updated.
- Various other minor UI improvements and touch-ups have been made.
- Minor cinematic camera improvements have been made.
- Various audio improvements have been made, particularly with the sound of the umpires’ voice.
- Fixed: In online play, base stealers are allowed to retreat too quickly after giving steal input or after the pitcher steps off, resulting in a “steal spamming” exploit.
- Fixed: In online play, pressing the swing button before the pitch delivery telegraphs to the batter whether a pitch is on its way, leading to a base stealing exploit.
- Fixed: Baserunners can be picked off on low throws in the dirt from the pitcher, even when no steal input is given.
- Fixed: AI outfielders sometimes throw behind runners when they should be throwing ahead of them.
- Fixed: In Pennant Race, a user can unintentionally be locked into the same team for the next race without being given an opportunity to pick a new team.
- Fixed: In Pennant Race, player stats can fail to record after a player forfeits the game.
- Fixed: A Franchise, Season, or Elimination playthrough can become inaccessible / crash the game on entry due to a corrupt mid-game save file generated via the “Finish Later” option in the pause menu.
- Fixed: In Franchise mode, Mojo and Fitness can be initialized and updated incorrectly once a new season starts.
- Fixed: In Franchise mode, season stats (AVG, ERA, WHIP, etc.) are not visible in the post game stats.
- Fixed: In Franchise mode, number of pitches thrown by pitchers in the last 3 games are not displayed in the lineup menu.
- Fixed: In Franchise mode, when loading the Franchise after completing the playoffs but before starting the offseason, the playoff bracket, stats, etc. from the wrong season can be shown instead of those from the most recent season.
- Fixed: In Franchise mode, after many seasons, the game can lock-up after pressing the Skip Offseason button.
- Fixed: Two batters appear at the plate after ball is thrown out of play during a strikeout cinematic.
- Fixed: Baserunner could end up starting the next at-bat at the wrong base following a fouled bunt third strike.
- Fixed: Sub n Swipe achievement not being awarded correctly.
- Fixed: In online play, attempting to send a chat message at an inopportune time can inadvertently trigger a stolen base attempt or other unwanted behavior.
- Fixed: In online play, a player’s batting stance appears different than the one chosen for them via customization.
- Fixed: When playing online co-op Franchise mode in the offseason, game can crash in the Sign and Release screen after advancing to the next round.
- Fixed: Exhibition team select screen can feel laggy when toggling through teams.
- Fixed: [Switch only] Base stealing help story can repeatedly trigger when playing with single joycons.
- Fixed: Pants style 3, knee cut length appear different on Male players with the Average body type.
- Fixed: Away team announcer call for Nate Hanky can incorrectly say Chilli Little instead.
- Fixed: Various other minor bugs with respect to announcer calls.
- Fixed: Umpire can incorrectly call a ball outside/inside/up/down when it is a ball that misses elsewhere.
- Fixed: Red headlights appearing on cars in Lafayette.
- Fixed: In Big Sky, players in the dugout can clip with each other during a home run cinematic.
- Fixed: Various touch-ups to Tiger Den, including moving the yellow foul line on the left-field wall so that it lines up with the foul pole.
- Fixed: Incorrect distance measurement on outfield fence in Big Sky.
- Fixed: Home run dugout celebration camera never used in Shaka.
- Fixed: Various other rare crashes in the Front End / UI across several game modes.
- Fixed: Various physics issues in stadiums outside the field of play.