Sports Gaming News Weekly Wrap-Up (5-21)
Every Sunday we get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed.
Sports Gaming News
- EA Sports PGA Tour Adds Oak Hill Country Club, Camera Views and Much More – Patch Notes
- FIFA 23 Available Now in The Play List For EA Play Subscribers
- NBA 2K23 Season 7 Releases Friday, May 19 – Details Revealed
- FIFA 23 Patch #12 Available on All Platforms – Patch Notes
- WWE 2K23 Pretty Sweet Pack Available Today
- EA Sports College Football to Include Player Names and Likenesses For All Eligible FBS Players Opting In
- NBA 2K23 Patch #7 Available – Patch Notes
- Super Mega Baseball 4 Presentation Details Revealed – Stadiums, Animations, UI & More
- MLB The Show 23 Patch #6 Available Today – Patch Notes
- WWE 2K23 Patch 1.10 Adds More Playable Superstars, Fixes More Gameplay Related Issues – Patch Notes
- Golf With Your Friends Patch and Corrupted Forest Course Available Today
Operation Sports Featured Article
Regardless of the time of year (and the quality of Madden itself), OS folks are always looking ahead to some extent. Whether that’s a Lucy pulling the football situation or just the eternal optimist shining through in some folks is up for debate, but there is some chatter on the forums about a lack of news and rumors about Madden 24. It is fair to say it’s a little too quiet to some extent (just in terms of the lack of rumors if anything), but we’re still not at the moment in time where EA starts giving us news about the next Madden.
When June hits, that’s when the Madden news begins. But returning to the point about the lack of rumors, there’s not a ton to point to as of now. Before news started to hit last year, there were a lot of rumors about franchise mode, crossplay, how EA would honor John Madden, Madden coming to the Nintendo Switch, and Madden maybe replicating some tech that came to FIFA (HyperSense). We did end up getting franchise updates (albeit not as massive as maybe hoped), John Madden was on the cover of the game he pioneered, and FieldSense was a stand in for HyperMotion. In other words, it was a pretty standard year for being about 50 percent on the biggest rumors coming to fruition.