Sports Gaming News Weekly Wrap-Up (5-14)
Every Sunday we get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed. We also posted three ways MLB The Show 23 has added realism and how to quick pitch.
Sports Gaming News
- F1 23 Final Public Closed Beta Registrations Open Through May 11
- JDM: Japanese Drift Master Gameplay Video, Screenshots & Features
- FIFA 23 Coming to the EA Play List on May 16
- FIFA 23 Patch #12 Available Today – Patch Notes
- F1 23 Schedule of Upcoming Events Revealed – Gameplay Features Tomorrow
- The Crew 2 Season 8 Episode 2: USST Next Available Today
- Super Mega Baseball 4 Legends Trailer and Details Revealed
- F1 23 Gameplay Video & Blog – Handling, Physics, New Tracks, Red Flags and More
- MLB The Show 23 Patch #5 Available Today – Patch Notes
Operation Sports Featured Articles
You’ll eventually find yourself pitching with runners on base while playing MLB The Show 23. Some of those runners will be base stealing threats that you’ll have to keep an eye on while effectively managing the running game. There are various ways to keep the running game in check but the most valuable is slide-stepping — also known as quick pitching. This can be used in multiple ways to not only check those runners, but also mess with a hitter’s timing.
Let’s talk about how to quick pitch in MLB The Show 23.
As far as video game sports simulations go, the MLB The Show series has always been one of the better ones at hewing closely to how the action on the field unfolds in real life. It helps that it doesn’t have nearly as many ways to exploit faulty AI as in Madden, NBA 2K, FIFA, or NHL just by nature of the sport centering on the one-on-one battles between pitcher and hitter. This year, MLB The Show 23 has managed to take that commitment to realism even further by implementing some significant changes that impact some of the finer details of the game.
To begin with, we’ll look at how MLB The Show 23 separates good fielders from bad fielders by the way they react to balls hit their way. Then we’ll move on to the difficulty of the game’s new throwing meter and how that translates to more inaccurate tosses both across the diamond and from the outfield. Finally, we’ll discuss the series’ regular struggles with producing a realistic number of walks and whether or not they’ve done enough to solve that issue this year.