Snooker 19, the official video game of World Snooker is scheduled to launch in the Spring on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Snooker 19 invites you to make history and break records as you assume the career of your favorite snooker pro, or start a brand new journey fresh from the Q-School academy. Play in every officially licensed tournament as any of the top 128 players in the world including: Mark Selby, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Ding Junhui and legends of the sport like Ken Doherty and Jimmy White.
Justin Forrest, the Game Director of Snooker 19 mentions quite a few details about the game at PSBlog.
- 3 forms of Snooker can be played: traditional snooker, six red snooker (shorter less tactical form of the game), and snooker shootout (introduces shot timers and rules designed for a fast, high intensity game experience)
- 4 different Aiming Aid settings that give the user different levels of on screen feedback for cue ball and object ball direction
- In local multiplayer games, there is a handicap system that allows each player to select a different level of Aiming Aid
- 2 different career paths in Career Mode (‘Pro Seasons’ where you start a career as any established Pro Player including players within the top 16, and ‘Rising Stars’ where you start off at the bottom of the rankings as a young up and coming snooker star of the future.)
- 2 online modes – Online VS allows quick skill based competitive online matches against random opponents as well as enabling friend vs friend matches.
- The Online Tournament mode runs events in line with the real world WSA tournaments. These are ranked matches where finishing position on the Tournament Leaderboard provides rewards that can be used to personalize your snooker pro/s.