Psyonix has announced Rocket League is going free to play on September 23 at 11:00 AM ET. As mentioned back in July, if you already own Rocket League on any platform, including Steam, you can continue playing, as you always have. However, if you’re a noob, Steam will not offer the game at all, so you will need to grab the PC version from the Epic Game Store.
If you add Rocket League to your Epic Games library between September 23 and October 23 you will receive a $10 EGS coupon that is redeemable on games and add-ons $14.99 and up.
If you have played Rocket League online prior to launch of free to play, you will be rewarded Legacy status, which includes the following:
- All Rocket League-branded DLC released before free to play
- “Est. 20XX” title that displays the first year you played Rocket League
- 200+ Common items upgraded to “Legacy” quality
- Golden Cosmos Boost
- Dieci-Oro Wheels
- Huntress Player Banner
Also of note, a new Rocket League game update is scheduled to arrive tomorrow at noon ET, which includes the following:
- Cross-Platform Progression Linking – Existing players will be able to link their platforms to their Epic Games Account. More details here.
- Legacy Status Items – Players that already own and have played Rocket League will receive their Legacy items
- Support-A-Creator Live – Rocket League will join the Epic Games Support-A-Creator program. Beginning tomorrow, players will be able to enter a Creator Code in the Item Shop which allows Creators to earn 5% of Credits Spent when their Creator Code is used
- Various Quality of Life Changes and Additions
- New Quick Chats
- Heatseeker in Private Matches
- Larger item pool for Trade Ups
- Solo Standard removed
- New Bot difficulty
- New Merc Hitbox
- Rocket League X Monstercat Remixes
- Updated Menu
- Changes to Achievements