Check out the first look at R.B.I. Baseball 20, in the latest gameplay trailer. The new video provides a few glimpses of the new pitching, hitting and base running mechanics in the game this year.
R.B.I. Baseball 20 will feature an all-new controls system, brand new broadcast pitching camera view, player model improvements, improved authenticity and more. Check out some of the features below.
Legends. Start. Here. Unleash greatness with your MLB crew in R.B.I. Baseball 20. R.B.I. 20 redefines arcade baseball action with major advancements and improvements.
- All-New Controls: Choose pitch types based on real pitcher data, power up to swing for the fences or play it safe for contact & streamlined base running controls
- Pitcher’s Perspective: Brand new broadcast-inspired Pitching Camera gives you a new perspective when delivering pitches
- Massive Player Model Improvements: Revamped hair & added more details including eye black, pine tar on helmets & dirt & grass stains after dives & slides
- More Authenticity: Improved stealing & pickoffs, revamped MLB ballparks, tailored cutscene animations & camera angles, better crowd behaviors & improved ball collision
- All Your Favorite Modes: Franchise, Exhibition & Home Run Derby
- Play As The Greats: 165+ MLB Legends & Legend Teams
- Weekly Updates: Up-to-date Rosters & Stats
- Groovy soundtrack: Songs from 20 artists
Christian Yelich of the Milwaukee Brewers was named the cover athlete for R.B.I. Baseball 20, back in November. One of the ascendant talents across baseball’s crop of young stars, Yelich announced his arrival in 2018 with an MVP season that saw him slug 36 home runs and drive in 100 runs, while leading the National League (NL) in batting average (.326), slugging percentage (.598), OPS (1.000) and total bases (343). He followed that up in 2019 by leading all of baseball in slugging percentage (.671) and OPS (1.100), while topping the NL in batting average for the second consecutive season (.329) as well as on base percentage (.429).
The R.B.I. Baseball 20 soundtrack features 18 songs, which you can listen to in the embedded player below, or listen to the full playlist on Spotify.
Gamers that pre-order the game through GameStop, can get one exclusive Squeezy Mate, while supplies last. One item will be chosen at random among the following Squeezy Mate players: Ozzie Albies, Gary Sanchez, Vladimir Guerrero,Jr., Christian Yelitch, Fernando Tatis, Jr., Pete Alonso, and Walker Buehler.
R.B.I. Baseball 20 is going to be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch for $29.99, as well as iOS and Android devices for $6.99. According to the official Nintendo website, the game is scheduled to release on March 16.
If you missed our R.B.I. Baseball 19 review from last year, you can read it here.
We’ve captured a bunch of R.B.I. Baseball 20 screenshots from the trailer below. Let us know if you notice anything…