Out of the Park Developments has announced Franchise Hockey Manager 6! This is the newest edition in the sports strategy series, which is the only NHL-licensed PC game on the market. Based on all the information we’ve received so far, it’s a big one – featuring a dizzying array of new features, improvements, and community-requested enhancements.
For starters, it will be available worldwide on October 11, 2019. You can pre-order it today and get 10% off (just $35.99) as well as early access to the public beta on October 7. You can also put it on your Steam wishlist if that’s your preferred method – and you’ll still get 10% off if you pick it up on Steam the first week of availability.
There are a lot of interesting new items in FHM 6 this year, and a lot of ways to find out about them. The OOTP crew did audio and video podcasts announcing the game, and there is some good information available directly from their site as well.
We spoke directly with the development team about the game, and they highlighted some of their favorite new features.
- A new rivalry system – The NHL has some of the best rivalries in sports, and FHM 6 brings them to life. As you succeed – or fail – and defeating your rivals over time, your overall success will be determined. What’s more, rivalries change and evolve over time, based on whatever is happening in your hockey universe. It’s a nifty addition to the game that adds a level of authenticity seen nowhere else.
- Fan happiness impact – Fans matter now more than ever! Your supporters’ happiness is tracked and changes in response to what happens on the ice. Attendance gains or sags, your owner pays attention and holds you accountable, and ultimately your job security depends on keeping the paying customers happy!
- New Player modeling – Personality ratings impact everything on – and off – the ice. Certain kinds of players may engage in behaviors that result in suspensions, for example.
- New Exhibition Mode– By popular demand! You can now take virtually any team in hockey history and pit them against any other team – and not just in a one-game match. Create series up to 100 games and ultimately determine who the best team ever was – or just have a little fun seeing if a junior club could even hang with the big boys!
- Incredible historic configuration – Also by popular demand! Create the ultimate historic league with all kinds of options, including numbers of teams, structure of conference and division, whether expansion happens, and so much more. The level of customization and fun ‘what if’ scenarios is pretty much limitless.
- Real historic staff – The history of the NHL is populated with, shall we say, some interesting characters in the front office and coaching behind the bench. Thanks to exhaustive research by the FHM team, hundreds of these real-world people now appear in the game and have significant influence.
There is so much more to FHM 6 that can possibly fit here, which is why we think it’s a great idea for you to check out this amazingly detailed post on the OOTP forums by the game’s producer Jeff Riddolls.
Check out below for a nice collection of screenshots too. Enjoy Franchise Hockey Manager 6!