NHL 20 game update 1.40 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, focusing on player abilities to pivot with the puck, the speeds at which they can do it and the control they have of the puck when doing so.
UPDATE: (12-5) NHL 20 patch 1.40 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
The patch notes also include a few general fixes and improvements, added celebrations, presentation fixes and they have added the 2019 Spengler Cup tournament. The HUT team abbreviation will no longer display in the pause menu, prior to puck drop. They also fixed a few items in HUT Rivals and Squad Battles, added new content and fixes for World of Chel and added some new uniforms.
The team put together some videos showing what the NHL 20 pivot spamming looks like, for those that were not aware.
Here’s a look at the pivot speed adjustment.
Along with a couple of videos showing off what the team could implement, including the ability for players to lose the puck if they try to pivot at higher speeds with less control. They are also looking at the ability for players to increase their chance of keeping the puck into a pivot if they increase control by gliding, when puck loss is active.
Check out the patch notes below.
- Restricted directional toe drags to when a skater is moving forwards
- Improved player switching cases when a teammate has been injured
- Fixed a rare issue where tall players were unable to receive passes consistently (This would have been seen the most on D to D passes to stationary players pivoting to face the net)
- Fixed physics updates with goaltenders.
- Improved ability for Weakside defender to stay with their check on the rush
- If players continually pivot, their skating will be impacted more realistically
- Puck carriers pivot speeds will be impacted by trying to pivot at high speeds to simulate what they would need to do to keep control of the puck
- Added additional celebrations
- Various overlay fixes
- Fix for the Zone camera not working as intended
- Various environment camera clipping fixes
- Tournaments – Added 2019 Spengler Cup tournament
- HUT Team Abbreviation no longer displays in Pause Menu prior to puck drop
- Implemented a matchmaking cap for very high and very low Skill Ratings to improve the likelihood of these players finding games
- Fixed multiple display issues in the Ranks and Division screens
- Fixed an issue where Coin Items could not be redeemed if a player had 2,000 HUT Champions Points
- Fixed an issue where expired Loan items displayed an incorrect contract length when viewing Opponent Squad
World of CHEL
- Customize Club – The 2019-20 Canucks logo has been added, and the 2018-19 Canucks Logo has been moved to the vintage section
- New content added to World of CHEL which is to be revealed through the Chel Challenge card. Tune in regularly to see what exciting new stuff you can earn
- Fixed an MTU exploit in online modes
- Fixed an issue with the Instant Replay timeline not functioning prior to puck drop
- Fixed an issue where EASHL overlays show the player position as C
Art – Uniforms
The following uniforms have been added to NHL 20
- Belleville Senators Away and Alternate
- Hartford Wolfpack Home, Away and Alternate
- Iowa Wild Alternate
- San Antonio Rampage Home and Away
- Stockton Heat Alternate