NHL 18 game update 1.05 is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, check out the patch notes below.
4K Game Play:
- Xbox One X enhanced 4K compatibility
- Added a new Daily Free pack containing a mix of items which could include contracts, coins, collectibles, club items, or players. This content will be untradable.
- Added a fix for matchmaking in Competitive Seasons
Game Modes: New tournament modes and various patches are now available for download:
- Added Spengler Cup Tournament
- Added a fix where editing an unsigned prospect will cause that player to become a UFA once you start a franchise mode.
- Improved unsigned prospect growth.
- Added a fix where Created players that are put on NHL teams are also duplicated as Free Agents in Franchise Mode.
Gameplay: The following gameplay bugs have now been patched:
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t poke check the puck off the goaltender when they were skating with the puck.
- Updates to line change logic to fix situations where the closest AI skater to the puck would go for a line change rather than pressuring the puck.
- Fixed an issue in Threes where after your opponent misses a penalty shot, the AI teammate started with the puck instead of the user.
- Fixed a penalty shot logic issue where a player tripped on a breakaway after taking a clean shot was still awarded a penalty shot.
- Fixed an issue where the flip puck deke in 94 controls wasn’t always firing properly.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes after performing a body check using B/O on Hybrid controls the skater will lose puck pickup functionality.
- Corrected the faceoff formation player assignment in the defensive neutral zone formation when using aggressive face off strategy.
- Fixed a desync that would sometimes occur when starting a fight.
- Fixed the issue where skating backwards and doing the puck flip would send the puck high in the air
- Fixed some issues where players weren’t attempting one timers as expected.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to enter Defensive Skill Stick state during face offs, disrupting the expected outcomes of the face offs.
- Various gameplay and broadcast camera fixes causing issues in game play.
The following content has been added and updated in EA SPORTS NHL 18:
- Added Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Arenas Uniforms
- Canadian Hockey League (CHL):
- Added Red Deer Rebels alternate Uniform
- Added Regina Pats alternate Uniform
- Added Brian’s Optik Goalie Pads
- NHL Arenas:
- Added new St. Louis Blues Scoreboard
- All Canadian Hockey League Teams now wear CCM Ultra Tacks gloves