Sony San Diego has posted a quick MLB The Show 21 Q&A session with Coach and Ramone, as they go over some March to October and Franchise Mode questions from the community. You can watch the video below, but we’ve also listed some of the key points.
- MTO will still give points to Team Affinity, rewards have been increased
- New logic has been introduced to make March to October more exciting, more fair and more in line with the regular season experience
- Unfortunately, you can’t play multiple seasons in March to October this year
- Updated commentary has been implemented in special episodes of March to October (ex. Opening Day, Postseason and World Series)
- There have been changes and upgrades to lineup and rotation logic, as it stays more true to the user settings this year
- Trade logic has been tuned and reworked, more information on that soon
- You can use Stadium Creator in Franchise Mode (Next-Gen Exclusive Feature)
- Budget systems have been changed from a weekly to yearly system in Franchise Mode, logic has been improved
- The depth chart screen, as seen in the Diamond Dynasty teaser video, will be in franchise mode as well as March to October (screenshot below)
- There are plenty of new improvements to contract negotiations, call-ups and send downs. You’ll need to wait for the Feature Premiere to find out.
The March to October and Franchise Mode Feature Premiere is set to arrive Thursday at 6:00 PM ET, so keep your eyes open for that.