The third episode of the EA’s spotlight series is all about Madden NFL 22 scouting in franchise mode. Executive producer Seann Graddy, Franchise producer Tom Lischke, and Franchise game designer Andre Weingarten discuss their vision and provide plenty of details.
The actual scouting discussion doesn’t start until the 47:57 mark, so check it out and let us know your thoughts. We’ll have a feature on it soon.
- Madden NFL 22 is taking that idea to a new level by putting the voice of the player at the heart of the development process earlier than ever via the Madden Design Council.
- The team is taking feedback on YouTube, Twitter, etc. to heart and added highly requested features like Staff Management, weekly game strategy and a new scenario engine
- The team outlined the major updates already in Madden NFL 22, including X Factor Customization, Playoff Bracket and Commissioner Controls
- The team worked on an overall revamp of the feature, moving away from the scouting point system
- The feature allows players to make key decisions throughout the season that progress every single player on your board at different points
- Players will move up and down on the draft board, based on media reception, etc.
- AI will draft players based on those changes and the overall perception of the players
- The Madden team implemented a new feature called Focus Scouting
- Players will be assigned a talent range for consideration in the NFL Draft
The new Madden NFL 22 scouting feature will be released in September, through a live service update. Unfortunately, users will have to restart their franchise after the update.
The Standard Edition of Madden NFL 22 releases on August 20. Fans that pre-order the Dynasty or MVP Edition will get it on August 17. Madden NFL 22 early access arrives for EA Play subscribers on August 12.