Franchise Hockey Manager 3, officially licensed by the NHL, is available today for $39.99 on PC and Mac. Fans can purchase the game on the official site, Steam (10% off until November 7) and other online retailers.
Check out some of the features below.
- Officially licensed by the NHL®! Teams will have their real logos, insignias, and uniforms along with the Stanley Cup® Championship and post-season awards!
- New Career Mode: Path to glory: A streamlined and more approachable way to play, with improved game and information flow as well as news from around the world that impacts your experience.
- Generate your GM/Coach, assign your skills as you wish, start low and work your way up – or take the helm of your favorite team and take it to the Stanley Cup® Championship!
- New Role-Based Tactical System: Allows the coach to choose from a variety of pre-set tactics to build their team’s “system” and then assign players specific roles that fit into that system.
- Rebuilt Injury System – Injuries are now generated directly from in-game events and correspond to specific activities – fights will break noses more than they will sprain ankles. Players are now rated for durability in different parts of their bodies, and serious injuries in one place can leave them more vulnerable to more injuries of the same type later in their career.
- Updated Development Process – Player development has received some significant changes, introducing more variability and making player evaluation much more uncertain.
- Updated Interface – The well-received FHM 2 interface has been refined even further to make playing the game easier than ever.
- Steamworks Support – Adding mods like logo or jersey packs is now easier than ever.
- Achievements – Your in-game accomplishments can earn you 50 different achievements that work in both the Steam and non-Steam versions of the game. If you play through Steam, you get a Steam achievement that matches the in-game one.
- And Much More:
- Star ratings have been rescaled so there’s much more diversity within leagues
- More logical penalty calling
- A new game rating system that adds offensive and defensive game scores
- Leagues now have a functioning central scouting organization that you can use to guide your own scouting and drafting
- A more detailed coaching model
- Improved AI throughout the game, for example trade AI, roster AI, in-game AI, contract AI and so on, resulting in a more challenging game play.