A new Forza Horizon 4 game update has arrived, featuring a new set of reward cars, ranging from new Minis to the latest futuristic supercar from Apollo. It also includes a new Horizon Story, a night-time remix of one of the best Showcase events in the game, along with a new online mode – Custom Adventures.
Check out the new features and patch notes below.
Online Adventure Anti Griefing Measures
This update adds two new features designed to reduce griefing behavior and wall-riding in Ranked and Quickplay Online Racing Adventure. Players who slide along walls to attempt to corner will have a slowdown applied to their cars for a short period of time. The system will ghost players when a high difference in speed is detected. The faster car will now be ghosted to reduce the number of high speed impacts, for example when players are too late on the brakes and fail to make the corner. This will also reduce occurrences of players intentionally colliding at high speed to force other players off the track.
New Story – THE CAR FILES
It’s time to join the exciting world of car insurance! Automotive Consultant Hans Liebold has set up shop in Bamburgh Village, and is looking for a business partner to help prove (or disprove) a range of peculiar insurance claims! This new Horizon Business adds 10 chapters of gameplay, and the ability to unlock the Crash Test Dummy morph-suit.
New Online Mode – CUSTOM ADVENTURE
Sign up for Custom Adventures, where you can freely select Car Class, Racing Series, Freeroam Rush and Collisions. Note that Custom Adventure only finds other players looking for exactly the same type of Adventure.
New Showcase Remix – NIGHT FLIGHT
Strap into a classic 80s speed machine, and race a jet black delta-wing at night.
Cross Platform Fixes
- Fixed an issue which prevented Hats from appearing on the player character in open top vehicles
- Fixed an issue where entering replays twice, would result in the player receiving no Credits or Influence
- Added in a prompt when starting seasonal championships to ensure the correct difficulty is set to earn the top reward
- Fixed an issue with the Koenigsegg Agera RS Audio becoming distorted after driving for an extended period of time
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to see cars they had been awarded in their garage, only on event sign up
- Fixed an issue where map slams for new activities would reset a player’s map filter settings
- Fixed an issue where the Broadway Danger Sign PR Stunt wasn’t always activating or calculating distance properly
- Fixed an issue where selecting a rivals event through My Rivals for an event on a different island would result in an infinite load
- Fixed an issue in festival playlist where achieving exactly 80% wouldn’t show the Seasonal reward as achieved
- Added more details to Map Pins for seasonal events, which will now show vehicle restrictions
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to begin a Private Adventure in a convoy
- Fixed an issue with the F150 Hoonitruck engine audio being incorrect
- Various Stability improvements
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Treasure Hunt Location from spawning if the player had system notifications turned off.
Note: Some events, such as the Showcase Remix and the New Horizon Story, will be available later this week with the switchover to the summer season.