Codemasters and EA have released F1 2021 patch 1.15 today for all platforms. The update allows your custom team to be used in Grand Prix mode as the 11th team.
All teams will have equal performance, so this is the perfect opportunity to compete against the entire F1 2021 grid in full, racing with your currently selected livery.
You will also be able to pick a teammate from the F2 2020 and F2 2021 seasons (except for Mick Schumacher, Nikita Mazepin, and Yuki Tsunoda) – as well as the My Team Icons, which are available to purchase in-game.
The team has also added Multiplayer connection warning icons. Users will see the icons whenever you or your online opponent have in-game connection issues. See the icons and what they actually mean in the official blog.
some additional feedback when playing in Multiplayer in the form of the connection warning icons – you’ll see those if you or your competitors experience connection difficulties in-game. Here’s what we’ve added and what they mean:
Check out the patch notes below.
- Custom team can now be used within Grand Prix
- Network warning indicators have been added to multiplayer games
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the garage after retiring during a practice or qualifying session
- Addressed an issue where players could not connect to online sessions on particular accounts
- Adjusted AI on the following tracks and corners to reduce overall speed:
- Austria – Red Bull Ring: Turn 9
- Belgium – Spa-Francorchamps: Turn 10
- Netherlands – Zandvoort: Turn 7
- Addressed an issue where Force Feedback would be lost after using Quick Resume on console
- Addressed an issue where penalties could be incorrectly given on Jeddah pit entry or exit
- F2 qualifying positions will now be correctly carried forward into race sessions
- Race 3 points will now correctly be shown on the race results screen for F2™ 2021
- Addressed an issue where the F2 Champion could incorrectly be declared after the final feature race in career
- Addressed an issue where VO lines for Fittipaldi were using the incorrect lines
- Adjusted speed limit for Zandvoort pit lane to match the official season
- Position indicator is now correctly displayed in the second sprint race of an F2™ 2021 session
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes