EA and Codemasters have announced Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc as the global cover athletes for F1 2021. The teams also revealed seven iconic drivers featured as part of the F1 2021 Digital Deluxe content for My Team.
The carefully crafted three-tiered roster, which allows players to select an Icon from the start, includes some of the greatest drivers to grace the pinnacle of motorsport. Players will also get an early look at their Driver Stats ahead of the 2021 driver reveal later in the campaign.
- Michael Schumacher (Overall Rating – 94) 91 wins in 308 races, and seven-time World Champion
- Ayrton Senna (Overall Rating – 94) 41 wins, 65 pole positions, and three World Championships
- Alain Prost (Overall Rating – 93) 51 wins, 41 fastest laps, and four World Championships
- Jenson Button (Overall Rating – 90) Won the 2009 World Championship in Brawn GP team’s first season
- Nico Rosberg (Overall Rating – 89) Won nine of 21 races during his 2016 Championship winning season
- David Coulthard (Overall Rating – 87) Won 13 races,62 podium finishes, and runner-up in 2001
- Felipe Massa (Overall Rating – 86) 11 victories, 41 podiums and runner-up in the 2008 season
The seven Icons have been added to the driver market, all ready for you to hire. If you can meet their expectations and salary requirements, they are available to join your team, allowing you to create the greatest My Team.
Take team owner and lead driver roles in My Team, our driver-manager feature. First introduced in F1 2020, it allows you to create a new Formula 1 team and take your place alongside the established 2021 driver line-up. From choosing your livery, engine supplier to hiring a teammate from F1, F2 or one of the seven driver Icons above, you’ll be able to take control and go for glory.
F1 2021 releases on July 16 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. Players who pre-order the Standard Edition will receive the Braking Point Content Pack, a set of exclusive in-game items inspired by the fictional stars of the new story experience, and 5,000 PitCoins.
Benefits for the digital Deluxe include the seven iconic F1 drivers for use in My Team, complete with customization content, 18,000 PitCoins, the Braking Point Content Pack, and three days early access.
F1 2021 supports Xbox Smart Delivery and PlayStation’s free upgrade when players switch to an Xbox Series X|S or PlayStation 5.