F1 2021 has added Portimao, home of the Portuguese Grand Prix, along with the Aston Martin safety car, complementing the existing Mercedes AMG GT R. The team has also released F1 2021 patch 1.10 and a new trailer with information on all of the upcoming updates and free content.
Portimao is the first of three circuits added to the F1 calendar for the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship. The free update allows players to re-write history following Lewis Hamilton’s win in May.
The Aston Martin Safety Car can be seen in the following races:
- Great Britain
- Saudi Arabia (when added in game)
- Abu Dhabi
Imola, home to Max Verstappen’s first win of the season, will be available in October, followed by Jeddah in November ahead of its debut as the season’s penultimate race. F1 2021 will also include several updates throughout the remainder of the F1 and F2 season.
September 13 2021
Updated Car Performances
New Aston Martin Safety Car
F1 Sports Update
Jeddah Street Circuit
F2 2021 Season
“We’re thrilled to finally release our first free circuit and update our players on what’s to come in the months ahead,” said Paul Jeal, F1 Senior Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Our players have let us know how excited they are to experience the new 2021 season circuits, and Jeddah will be a highlight releasing a few weeks before it makes its F1 debut in December.”
Xbox and PlayStation players can also try F1 2021 for free with a trial available now to download via the respective digital stores. The trial allows players to sample the opening of Braking Point alongside a Grand Prix at Monza and the opening weekend for My Team.
F1 2021 patch 1.10 is also available addressing quite a few lingering issues. Check out the patch notes below.
- Portimao has been added to the available tracks in all modes
- F1 2021 vehicle performance has been brought more in-line with the real season. All F1 Time Trial leaderboards have been reset as a result of this change.
- Aston Martin safety car has been added to tracks where it is used in the real season
- Fixed a crash when watching highlights or replays on Xbox Series consoles
- Various improvements to Xbox multiplayer connections
- Addressed an issue where the race could end after the first lap in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where the MFD could pop up when tyre wear reached 20% increments
- Addressed an issue where users could not enter the pits with heavily worn engine components while using steering assist
- Race strategy practice programme is now locked to standard fuel mode to bring this in line with race regulations
- Addressed an issue when adjusting HDR peak nit, it would not show a change on the images
- Fixed a crash quitting to the front end after negotiating a contract in two-player Career
- Fixed a crash when viewing standings after retiring from a league
- Dazzle camo helmet now displays correctly
- Fixed a crash when renegotiating with their current team after a reboot in two-player Career
- Addressed an issue where ERS toggle input could not be recognised
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes