Codemasters has released a new developer insight video, featuring Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer and Jon Armstrong, Rally consultant, as they show off the surface degradation seen in DiRT Rally 2.0.
Check it out below, along with some screenshots.
DiRT Rally 2.0, including official licensed content of the FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy, will launch on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X and Windows PC on Feb. 26, 2019.
Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from Feb. 22, 2019. The retail versions of the DiRT Rally 2.0 Day One Edition includes the stunning Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec along with early unlocks for the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and Alpine Renault A110 1600 S.
Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately from their digital store of choice.
Carve your way through a selection of iconic rally locations from across the globe, knowing that the smallest mistake could end your stage. You will need to rely on your instincts with the most immersive and truly focused off-road experience yet, including a new authentic handling model, tyre choice and surface deformation. Power your rally car through real-life off-road environments in New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA, with only your co-driver and instincts to guide you. Race on eight official circuits from the FIA World Rallycross championship, complete with licensed Supercars and support series. Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment.
• OVER 50 OF THE MOST POWERFUL OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Tear through environments with an iconic roster of historic and modern-day rally cars, VW Polo GTI R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X & Citroen C3 R5. Also take on the challenging power of the Chevrolet Camaro GTR.4.
• 6 REAL LIFE RALLY LOCATIONS –Take the wheel through the stunning environments of New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA.
• FEEL YOUR RACE – Improved handling, surfaces, fallibility and environments deliver the most authentic and focused off-road experience ever.
• THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Barcelona, Montalegre, Mettet, Lohéac Bretagne, Trois-Rivieres, Hell, Holjes and Silverstone in a multitude of different series.
• DEVELOP YOUR OWN TEAM – Create a team, hire your staff and expand your garage of vehicles as you choose.
• TUNING – Tune your vehicle to suit your driving style and environmental characteristics. Alleviate wear and tear by configuring each car’s set-up, and upgrade your parts to ensure your vehicles are ready for whatever challenge lies ahead.
• GET COMPETITIVE – Race the entire DiRT Community in Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges, with worldwide leaderboards and events.