DIRT 5 has added cross-platform matchmaking, a free Red Bull Revolution update and much more for all platforms today. Cross-platform matchmaking allows all public lobbies on Xbox, PlayStation and PC to connect players on the different platforms. Just make sure to enable it.
The free Red Bull Revolution update features 8 Red Bull liveries for the Audi S1 EKS RX quattro, MINI John Cooper Work Buggy by X-raid, Peugeot 3008 DKR Maxi, and Volkswagen Race Touareg 3. The Porsche 911 RGT has the official Red Bull Racing eSports livery, while the Peugeot 208 WRX comes with 3 new Red Bull liveries, including the designs driven by Timmy and Kevin Hansen, as seen in the FIA World Rallycross Championship.
The iconic Red Bull arch has been added in Playgrounds mode, along with varied wet and stormy conditions at each location.
Ghost lap times have also been added in the latest update. In Time Trial and Playgrounds, you’ll have the option to display relevant lap times from the global leaderboard, straight onto the track: the global fastest lap, the global closest lap to your time, the closest lap time from your friends, or your own personal best time. See the racing lines, figure out where you can shave off the seconds, and rise up the ranks by defeating the ghosts of real-world players from the same platform.
Here’s the patch notes for the latest DIRT 5 update.
CONTENT & FEATURES
- Official Red Bull liveries – eight liveries for multiple cars
- Cross-platform matchmaking – available in Online Public lobbies for races and party events
- Red Bull arch added to Playgrounds Create mode
- Wet and stormy weather conditions added for all Playgrounds locations
- Ghost lap time options added to Time Trial and Gate Crasher events
- Stats stickers – new Driver Card stickers available for reaching progression milestones
- Chinese and Korean Localisation added
- Further fixes for crashes on Xbox One/Xbox One S, particularly on Ice Breaker events
- Fixed crash occurrences when scrolling through rewards for specific sponsors
- Fixed instances of crashes when attempting to select ‘Wireless Controller’ from the Input Settings
- Fixed crash occurrence when backing out of Photo Mode shortly after changing weather conditions
- Further checks and balances for currency payouts across multiple game modes
- PC: Fixed instances of driver animations not appearing in cockpit cam
- PC: Fixed instances of raytraced shadows appearing incorrectly
- PC: Further fixes for instances of crashes, particularly when using a Nvidia 3090 graphics card
- PC: Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 no longer defaults to a pedal preset and saves user-selected data
- PC: User-selected wheel rim presets are now stored in save data, meaning players no longer have to reselect a preset every time they boot the game
- The ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ controls on a d-pad are no longer locked to changing camera view, and can be bound to different actions by the player
- Xbox One: Fixed crash occurrence when signing out of a player profile whilst in Playgrounds
- PS5: Fixed crash occurrence in Playgrounds when a player deletes their only published Playground
- PS5: Fixed softlock occurrences when selecting ‘Show More’ in Playgrounds Discover mode
- Various visual and technical tweaks and updates across the board to improve game performance and quality of life