To celebrate the new free bike parks update for Descenders, the game is available to play for free, through the weekend on Steam. If you enjoy the game, after the free weekend, you can purchase it with a 40% discount.
The new Bike Parks update adds a new section for hand-crafted bike parks to Descenders. Previously, Descenders has only featured procedurally-generated maps, however after adding mod support in October, it became clear that players loved the crafted bike parks that modders were creating.
The team plans to bring in brand new, hand-crafted bike parks to the game on a monthly basis, starting with a selection from Descenders art director Roan Albers, and bike park designer Spe. In particular, the fully kitted out Stoker Bike Park is now available to ride with friends, complete with numerous new trails to explore.
Here are the full details on the latest update.
- Bike Parks:
- From the main menu, you can now enter Ride -> Bike Parks.
- Stoker Bike Park has had 3 more trails added.
- Bike Park levels all have seeds. This makes it so that you can play the levels in multiplayer lobbies.
- Mod of the Year unlocks:
- We recently held a Mod of the Year competition. The winners (Spe, Dogtorque, Kingkrautz) have had a chance to create their own outfit+bike and see it added to the game. Congratulate them on the Descenders Discord and ask them for the key to unlock their outfit in your game.
- Mt. Rosie map has been drastically optimized for lower-end systems.
- You can now save and play replays from mod levels.
- Mod of the Year sign added to Mt. Palumbo.
- Bugfix: Going 100km/h sometimes caused a crash.
Of note, this updated content will be coming soon to Xbox One/PC Game Pass players.