It’s been a bit of a rough launch for the Xbox versions of WRC Generations. During launch week the team had issues with Microsoft and owners of the Fully Loaded Edition. Fans were expected to play the game two days in advance but were unable to do so. It was fixed a day later but many complained about the lack of force feedback and lockups when steering wheels were connected.
The team released a patch today to fix those issues but it doesn’t seem to be completely resolved. While there are less users complaining about lockups, force feedback has been reduced to almost zero. Even Fanatec users that had no issues at launch seem to be having issues connecting their wheels now. PC and PlayStation users do not seem to be affected.
Hopefully Nacon and KT Racing will provide an explanation on the situation soon or provide an updated list on what wheels should work and what is still being worked on. Below are the patch notes for the latest update.
UPDATE: (11-23) A new patch has arrived for WRC Generations fixing the issues with Fanatec wheels, Thrustmaster peripherals and force feedback issues.
New updates for #WRCGenerations on PC & Xbox are available.
• PC: Fixed random crash with some Thrustmaster peripherals
• Xbox: Fixed an issue which prevented Fanatec base to recognize steering wheel
• Xbox: Fixed FFB issues
Learn more about today's update & future ones!
— WRC The Official Games (@WRCTheGame) November 23, 2022
UPDATE: (11-17) KT Racing has provided an additional update to the situation. They are aware Fanatec wheels are not being recognized and force feedback isn’t working for some wheels, most notably the Thrustmaster TX, TMX, TS-XW and Logitech G920. They will work on the fix and provide a new patch as soon as they can.
To our Xbox players still experiencing issues with their steering wheels following yesterday's patch – We are still working intensively on the subject, we will have more details to share about it tomorrow morning (Nov 17) at the earliest.
— WRC The Official Games (@WRCTheGame) November 16, 2022
- Fixed several issues related to peripherals, including a crash if Logitech G920 is plugged in
- Partially fixed FFB issue with some steering wheels
- Some rallye names have been updated
- Some rallye branding has been updated
- Fixed an issue at the start line of Rallye Acropolis – Paleohori reverse
- Solo league hub ranking display fixed
- Compute number of players/teams going down in leagues
- Fixed Teams league history period number
- The Lancia Delta HF Evo is now showing the proper year
- The Team number of the Citroen C4 Loeb 2010 has been updated
- Fixed an issue with damaged shadows on several cars (WRC, Legends & Bonus)
- Fixed an issue with shades on the Hyundai Rally1
- Fixed a car wheel issue in several stages
- Fixed a lightpod issue on the Ford Fiesta
- Fixed an issue with Yaris mention on a car
- Fixed a lightpod issue on VW car (VA)
- Fixed the wrong car displayed in Catalog vitrine-showroom if the user doesn’t have the DLC
- Fix rendering mode not applying when we change it (requiring a game restart)
- Added a level presentation camera sequence in the shakedowns
- Game Credits updated
- Fixed an issue where we could no longer send server requests after extensive manipulations
- Better check permissions to receive friend requests on Xbox
- Fixed lighting issues on Xbox Series S
- Fixed an issue related to waiting for terrain loading when we start a custom race
- Fixed a penalty issue on starting race too early after countdown
- Fixed possible default textures on drivercards
- Fixed an issue with slider options related to pad vibration
- Fix sponsors objectives won’t trigger anymore in shakedowns
- Prevent crash in PaceNoteManager when trying to go to next pacenote
- Fixed female audio pacenotes during onboarding tuto
- Mute all meaningless sounds during the loading