Metalhead Software has released a new gameplay trailer for Super Mega Baseball 3 today. The game is scheduled to release on May 13, for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam for $44.99.
The demo for Super Mega Baseball 3 is also scheduled to arrive on May 13, allowing you to play an unlimited number of Pennant Race games (with team/stadium limitations), play limited Exhibition mode and dip into the customization suite.
Coming in Super Mega Baseball 3:
Step up to the plate and experience the deepest on-field simulation yet, comprehensive online and offline game modes including a brand new Franchise mode, and vastly refined graphics. Super Mega Baseball 3 offers a revamped user interface plus tons of new audio, team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions. All this with the same easy-to-learn gameplay that scales seamlessly from beginner to super mega levels of difficulty.
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
- An SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3. This feature will come in an update soon after launch.