NBA 2K18 and NBA Live 18 came upon their respective releases having traveled dramatically different paths to get there. NBA 2K has grown into the second biggest sports game in the world and is guaranteed to be a smash hit now annually. NBA Live is simply trying to recapture some credibility after eight years defined more by its cancellations than even its sub-par editions.
In this episode of the Press Row Podcast both games are examined closely, with areas such as accessibility, gameplay, franchise and story/career modes discussed. The Nintendo Switch version of NBA 2K18 is evaluated and compared to the experience on other platforms. The big post-release subjects related to NBA 2K18 – uproar over the aggressive implementation of VC and vanishing MyPlayer characters – are of course also major subjects. Each basketball game offers advantages over their competitor to consider, but which game is the right one for you?
On the show this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, Sporting News/Pastapadre/Hit The Pass (@pastapadre)
- Richard Grisham, OOTP Developments/Hit The Pass (@richgrisham)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- MillsGamingTV, Operation Sports (@MillsGamingTV)
- Kat Bailey, USgamer, (@the_katbot)