Saber Interactive has announced NBA Playgrounds 2, scheduled to arrive this summer for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam). The game will feature a new Season Mode and Playgrounds Championship ranked mode. The roster is expected to feature over 200 current and retired NBA players with new player models and animations.
Below are some of the details revealed about the game, but make sure to read the full article over at the PlayStation.Blog.
- Playgrounds Championship is a worldwide online league with several divisions where you can climb the ladder to the top
- Create co-op leagues and climb the ranks with a friend or play in a solo league
- Dedicated servers for fast online matchmaking and responsive gameplay
- Added four-player online games where you can have each player be a human player online or any combination of human and AI opponents
- Season Mode is a single player experience, taking your team through a season, the playoffs, and NBA Championship, with special players to collect depending on the team you choose
- New player models, new animations, including facial animations have been added
- AI has been improved
- Dozens of tracks of new original music recorded
- New gameplay mechanics like double alley-oops have been added
New Lottery Pick Power Ups like Frozen Basket & Curse will bring a new strategic element to the playgrounds. Test them out in new playground courts in cities like Santa Monica and Grand Canyon. You can also now earn vanity items to customize your players! #PlayWithoutLimits pic.twitter.com/embY0YJ1Ok
— NBA Playgrounds (@nba_playgrounds) May 1, 2018