Kalypso Media and Torus Games have announced Matchpoint Tennis Championships, scheduled to release in Spring 2022 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Nintendo Switch, utilizing the Unity Engine.
By using the right tactics, intelligent player positioning, and utilizing authentic ball physics which are a central part of the gameplay – players will be able to top the tennis tables in tournaments and competitions around the world. Sophisticated character animations and unprecedented player control are combined within Matchpoint – Tennis Championships, creating realistic rallies in which every swing of the racket counts.
Check out the Matchpoint Tennis Championships trailer featuring a first look into the tennis simulator, focusing on realistic scenarios and player reactions below.
Matchpoint Tennis Championships promises a dynamic and immersive gaming experience with an extensive career mode and a unique rivalry system. At release the game will feature a roster of 16 players, including the current number two in the world ranking list Danill Medvedev.
- Danill Medvedev
- Garbine Muguruza
- Andrey Rublev
- Casper Ruud
- Hubert Hurkaczs
- Nick Kyrgios
- Benoit Paire
- Heather Watson
- Hugo Gaston
- Madison Keys
- Victoria Azarenka
- Carlos Alcaraz
- Pablo Carreno Busta
- Taylor Fritz
- Amanda Anisimova
- Kei Nishikori
Branded player equipment from Uniqlo, Nike, and Head will also be integrated into the game.
- Start your journey in single-player or online multiplayer. A deep career mode featuring a merit-based ranking system allows for accurate and competitive matchmaking.
- Create your 3D tennis star. Choose your look, fashion, and play style with an array of customization options, including true-to-life techniques such as left-or right-handed, one-handed, or two-handed backhand.
- Dominate the court as a tennis professional. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
- Fully customize your athlete and wearables. The game features gear from all of tennis’ name-brands, including UNIQLO, HEAD, and many more – giving players the chance to use their equipment, from rackets to clothing. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Master all strokes and shots in grand style. Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: topspin, flat, lob or slice shot.
- Take on opponents in local or online matches: Defeat challenging AI opponents or challenge your friends and rivals to a virtual tennis duel.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before you even hit the court.
- Practice makes perfect: Hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Enhance your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Training modes: Jump into various mini-games to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
- Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe. Each court has its unique characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay, and hard courts.
- Replay mode. Capture your fiercest rallies and decisive matchpoints on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.