Kalypso Media has revealed their Matchpoint Tennis Championships Legends Edition which includes Tim Henman and Tommy Haas. It also features a digital wallpaper and an original soundtrack. These will also be available as an additional DLC. Gamers can currently pre-order on the Xbox Store for $40.49 and for $49.49 on the PlayStation Store with a PS Plus subscription.
Matchpoint Tennis Championships is scheduled to release on July 7, day one on Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC and Cloud. The game will release on July 6 at 8:00 PM ET for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. PlayStation Plus subscribers can save 10% by purchasing prior to release.
Nintendo Switch players will need to wait until this summer. The Matchpoint Tennis Championships demo is available on Steam.
- Enter the world of professional Tennis. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers a deep career mode featuring a unique merit-based ranking system.
- Create your own 3D tennis star. Choose your look, fashion, and play style with various customization options, including true-to-life techniques such as left-or right-handed, one-handed, or two-handed backhand.
- Dominate the court as a tennis professional. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
- Fully customise your athlete and wearables. From rackets to clothing, the game features gear from top tennis brands, including Babolat, YONEX, HEAD, and many more. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Master all strokes and shots in grand style. Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: topspin, flat, lob, or slice shot.
- Take on opponents in local or online matches. Play against a cunning AI or face your friends and rivals on the court via local sessions and online cross-play.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics. Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before hitting the court.
- Practice makes perfect: hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Buff your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Mini-Game modes:Jump into various mini-games to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
- Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe. Each court has its own characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay, and hard courts.
- Replay mode. Breakpoint or deciding match point, capture your fiercest rallies on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.