The latest Football Manager 2020 game update is available now, bringing it up to version 20.2.4. The new patch features performance optimizations, along with an updated match engine, containing a number of tweaks, improvements and changes, including improvements to one-on-one finishing and penalty kick conversion rates.
As always, this update is save game compatible and will automatically update when you log into Steam. If you’re not seeing the correct version number in the bottom left-hand of the main screen, it is recommended to restart Steam.
Here are the latest Football Manager 2020 patch notes.
- Performance and optimization improvements
Various Match Engine (version 2039) changes including (but not limited to):
- Improved one-on-one finishing
- Recalculations regarding clear-cut chances
- Tweaks to penalty kick conversion rates
- Lowered frequency of players overrunning ball and losing possession
- Improved realism of player recoveries from slide tackles
- Improved crossing variation and instruction behaviour
- Improved defensive tracking from long balls
- Improved heading accuracy
- Improvements/tweaks to referee behaviour
- Throw-in positional adjustments
- Various other balancing tweaks/improvements
Also of note, the 20.2.4 patch does not contain any winter transfer updates. Those typically arrive in late February/early March, once every window around the world has closed.