We got a ton of new content in FIFA 20 FUT on Friday, so I just want to briefly hit on everything that’s here.
First up, we got a Karim Benzema Player SBC to coincide with the release of the Team of the Group Stage — a batch of 16 Champions League players and two Europa League players who will be in packs through the weekend. This SBC is running about 75K right now, according to FUTBin.
It consists of two challenges:
La Liga – Prime Electrum Players pack
- At least one La Liga player
- One IF player
- Minimum squad rating of 83
- Minimum team chemistry of 75
Real Madrid – Rare Mixed Players pack
- At least one Real Madrid player
- Minimum squad rating of 84
- Minimum team chemistry of 70
Speaking of the Team of the Group Stage, the players in those packs are:
- Lionel Messi (96 overall)
- Kevin De Bruyne (93)
- Harry Kane (92)
- Robert Lewandowski (92)
- Kylian Mbappe (91)
- Mohamed Salah (91)
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen (91)
- Sergio Ramos (90)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (90)
- Dries Mertens (89)
- Heung Min Son (89)
- Raheem Sterling (89)
- Hakim Ziyech (87)
- Lautaro Martinez (86)
- Bruno Fernandes (86)
- Corentin Tolisso (85)
- Erling Haland (84)
- Nicolo Zaniolo (83)
We’ll take a deeper look at some of these players in an upcoming post. In addition, a reminder that these do not upgrade like the Road to the Finals cards do round to round. These cards will remain static.
Also, on the topic of Messi:
— EA SPORTS FIFA (@EASPORTSFIFA) December 6, 2019
It will be interesting to see the cost to complete this SBC. Also, I imagine we will see inflation on various La Liga players in anticipation of this SBC. (But an overall crash in some other areas, including with Messi cards.)
The other Team of the Group Stage player who is available to you comes via season objectives. Nicolas Tagliafico can be unlocked if you complete these objectives:
Defensive Double – Earn 10-game loan Team of the Group Stage Tagliafico
- Assist and score using defenders in same Squad Battles match (minimum semi-pro difficulty)
Rival Goals – Gold Players pack
- Score using Eredivisie player in three separate Rivals matches
Winning Feeling – Premium Electrum Players pack
- Score using Argentinian players in four separate Rivals wins
Transition Passer – Shadow chemistry style
- Assist using defenders in five separate Rivals matches
Battle Winner – Premium Gold pack
- Win two Squad Battles using at least five Argentinian players in starting squad (minimum professional difficulty)
I’ve said all I can about using Rivals to do these objectives, but these are not too terrible beyond winning four separate Rivals game while scoring with Argentinians. Even that one is not so terrible because at least there is a healthy amount of quality Argentinian scorers. Still, this is not the most enjoyable way to go about unlocking players.
That being said, we’ll take a closer look at this card and the Benzema one when we look at the other Team of the Group Stage cards.
The other new SBCs released on Friday were Early Doors and Standing Ovation. Early Doors runs you about 6-7K and Standing Ovation hovers around 5K to complete right now.
Early Doors – Premium Gold Players pack
- Minimum three nationalities
- Only one player from a club
- Minimum one UCL player
- Gold players only
- Minimum 75 team chemistry
Standing Ovation – UCL Rare Player
- Minimum two leagues
- Minimum three clubs
- Max of three players from a nation
- At least nine gold players
- Minimum 80 team chemistry
I would probably pass on these unless you have extra untradeable cards to spare. I am also still waiting on a truly memorable SBC that shakes up the UCL market, or maybe the FIFA team is fine with the UCL blues being similar in price to the base golds — it would just be a slight tweak from prior seasons if that’s the case.
The Week 5 season objectives are also out now. As always, these are helpful to do in order to get closer to the level 30 season level. You can also always catch up on your old objectives because none of them expire until the season rolls over.
Finally, we have a new Elite Storyline with three objectives attached to it. Again, these are more to get you closer to the level 30 season rewards and make you feel like those Storyline players you unlocked are serving you in some capacity.
Winning Story – Jumbo Premium Gold pack
- Win three Rivals matches using a Storyline player in your starting squad
Passing Story – Gold Players pack
- Assist a goal in three separate Squad Battles matches using a Storyline player (minimum professional difficulty)
Playing Story – Jumbo Gold pack
- Play 8 Rivals matches using a Storyline player in your starting squad.
These are the sort of Rivals objectives I’m fine with having in my to-do list. I can do them if I want, but I’m not losing out on anything major if I have no interest.