Codemasters has revealed the full list of features coming to F1 2020, in their latest trailer. With two new circuits, Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort, the game caters to driver skills of all levels with My Team, improved on-track options, the reintroduction of split-screen, classic cars, and so much more.
Launching into My Team, the new driver-manager feature, the trailer explores car customization, driver market and team facilities. Before taking to the grid, players need to make off-track decisions that will boost driver and staff motivation and in turn, generate funds to improve facilities, upgrade car parts and sign a new teammate.
The trailer also highlights the range of player choice on offer. From F2 integration to shorter seasons,F1 2020 customization options allow players more control over the way they race. Struggle to master Monaco and Baku? Take advantage of shorter seasons with new 10 or 16 race options. For new players, the game introduces simplified menus and driving assists which are in addition to core F1 and F2 handling.
Following feedback from both drivers and players, F1 2020 includes several on-track improvements. ERS, as in real-life, is activated with a simple button press making the maneuver much more natural to execute. At the request of the F1 community, the game has introduced a virtual rear view mirror making it easier to identify opponents and fend off any potential attack from rivals.
Adding further levels of personalization, the all new Podium Pass allows players to race, earn and unlock. Each season will enable players to unlock free customization items by racing in their favorite game modes and earning XP. Custom cosmetic items include car liveries, race equipment such as gloves, overalls and helmets, and podium emotes. For next-level customization, players can purchase the VIP upgrade to gain access to higher-level rewards and additional in-game challenges. All players who pre-order F1 2020 will receive credit to unlock Season One VIP. Each season will contain enough currency to purchase the following VIP Podium Pass.
Deeper F2 Integration
- Choose from a full season, half season, or three-race F2 experience, before getting started on your 10-season driver career. The 2020 F2 season, will be added later this year, as a free update.
Shorter Season Options
- F1 2020 is all about giving you more ways to play. One is the shorter season options. Choose between the original and full 22 race season (including Hanoi Circuit and Circuit Zandvoort), or shorter 10 or 16 options. Now you can focus on the tracks you really enjoy.
- This year, the team introduces a rear-view mirror to help you race wheel-to-wheel against your opponents.
- Want to move your circuit map somewhere else? Change where your rear-view mirror sits? Move everything to wherever you’d like on screen. The customizable OSD is now available on all platforms.
- Based on feedback from F1 drivers, the team has simplified the ERS to make it more realistic. All you need to do to activate it is press a button.
- New to F1 2020, the Podium Pass allows to you Race, Earn and Unlock. Each season you’ll be able to unlock free customisation items by racing in your favourite game modes and earning XP. Custom cosmetic items include car liveries, race equipment such as gloves, overalls and helmets, and podium emotes.
- Want even more? You’ll be able to purchase the VIP upgrade to gain access to higher-level rewards and additional in-game challenges.
- Pre-ordered F1 2020? You’ll receive enough credit to unlock Season One VIP, and each season will contain enough currency to purchase the following VIP Podium Pass.
F1 2020 will be released on July 10 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox One X, PC/Steam, and Google Stadia. Players who purchase the Michael Schumacher Deluxe Edition will receive exclusive content and three days early access. Standard Editions is priced at $59.99, with the Deluxe Michael Schumacher Edition priced at $69.99.