EA Sports has officially announced the return of college football! EA has partnered with Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), the nation’s leading collegiate trademark licensing company, to bring back college football video games. The partnership makes EA Sports the exclusive developer of simulation college football video game experiences.
The new franchise will deliver authentic, high-quality gameplay and rights to more than 100 college institutions. The all-new title will feature the logos, stadiums, uniforms, gameday traditions and more that EA Sports fans know and love, recreating the unmatched pageantry and passion for college football.
Development of EA Sports College Football has just begun, with launch timing still to come, as the project progresses in the years ahead.
We’re blown away by your passion for #EASPORTSCollegeFootball. We look forward to sharing more information as development progresses in the next couple of years.
— EASPORTSCollege (@EASPORTSCollege) February 2, 2021
Here are some details…
- Deliver authentic college football experiences and the high quality gameplay that fans have long loved in college football games from EA Sports
- Through the CLC partnership, the franchise will include the rights to more than 100 institutions featuring the logos, stadiums, uniforms, gameday traditions and more that fans have come to know and love
- While this college game will not include student-athlete names, images and likenesses, EA Sports is continuing to watch those developments closely
As we hear more details, we’ll be sure to update everyone. Until then, let’s all celebrate the return of college football!
- EA Sports revives college football franchise as courts mull NCAA’s stance on amateurism (Washington Post)
- EA Sports to do college football video game (ESPN)
- Everything you need to know about the return of EA Sports’ college football video game (ESPN)
- EA Sports is making a new college football video game (Polygon)