Wolverine Studios has announced Draft Day Sports: College Football 2020, featuring custom plays, expanded playoff options, improved recruiting, player photos, new in-game media and much more. While no official release date has been revealed as of this post, gamers can pre-order now to get immediate access to the beta.
Below are just some of the new features and improvements, that are coming to the game this season.
- You can expand the playoff format, with the custom playoff option. That means, you are not bound to only 4 teams competing for the championship, you can expand it to 8.
- Talking points have been added to expand recruiting functionality. This provides a deeper and more dynamic feel to recruiting, allowing more avenues to attract players to your school.
- Custom playbooks have been expanded, giving players the ability to create custom plays or generated playbooks, based on some of the basic settings you can choose. You can also dive in and get creative at a high level, or find your comfort level with your playbook and build from a small package into a big time sophisticated scheme.
- Player photos and jerseys have been added to player cards this year. Everything can be customized to bring in the realism.
- Performance tabs have also been added to player cards. This allows you the option to view performance reports for every player on your team and make adjustments to your roster, as you see fit.
- A brand new magazine feature has been implemented, allowing you to view the entire college football universe. This magazine provides an in-depth look at recruiting, the best players that are currently playing, along with previews for every conference, to see where you rank against the competition.
- Running text commentary will be viewable in the 2D gameplay view. It includes little details, like pancake blocks being called.
- Sim speeds are now faster, so you’re not waiting too long to advance.
- Sim engine and AI management has been improved.
- Penalty logic has been improved.
- Historical prestige tracking has been added, allowing you to see which programs are on the rise or which ones are going through some hard times, throughout the seasons
- Hiring of coaches has also been improved, along with much more, which will be revealed at a later time, in upcoming blogs.
If you are looking to experience the game now, you can do just that, by pre-ordering. If you do, you will receive a license key, allowing you immediate access to the playable beta, as part of their FirstAccess program. Also, by pre-ordering with coupon code CF20FIRST, you get to save 15% and get a complementary Steam key when the game is available in the Steam store.