The developers for MLB The Show 21 have been digesting all the Road to the Show feedback from the community and listed some of the upcoming fixes and improvements.
We absolutely want players who only want to play RTTS to be able to feel like they can progress in and enjoy the mode without having to touch anything else. For players who enjoy multiple modes, our hope is that they’ll discover a more interconnected system where everything is feeding into everything else. A RTTS player should feel like they can freely progress by playing RTTS and only RTTS. Any participation in DD is purely optional and at no point should anyone feel like they need to monetize to progress their RTTS career.
Chase touched up on many of the concerns from the community, including RttS mode, in our MLB The Show 21: Launch Day Guide and Community Concerns article. So make sure to check it out.
Obviously, it takes time to investigate and implement the fixes and improvements, but here’s a list of what is currently being worked on for a future update.
- Fixing an issue where the user isn’t being prompted to create their player when starting RTTS
- Fixing an issue where ballplayers aren’t getting enough progress from RTTS training choices and base gains
- Fixing issues where some loadouts do not progress your player as intended
- Buffing archetype items overall and regulate Ballplayer in DD as needed, without having to constrain growth in RTTS for non-RTTS reasons
- Looking into ways within the RTTS locker-room hub to better surface archetype progression and upgrades acquired
- Looking into ways of making it clearer that playing DD should be completely optional to progressing your Ballplayer or RTTS advancement. It IS true that playing RTTS is required to maximize the progress of your Ballplayer and while we are interested in any feedback on that moving forward, it is unlikely to change in ’21.
As the team implements improvements and fixes, they will continue to monitor the feedback from the community to improve the mode.