How does the spiritual successor to the popular 90s game stack up thus far?
How do the game's ratings stack up?
Some ideas to make Madden more of a sim for the next year...
What is the formula the Patriots and Falcons used?
Operation Sports Content
Thursday, April 27, 2017
01:54 PM - April 27, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Elliott Jenkins
Regardless of pre-order rewards, Stub totals, or returning player bonuses, the best place for overwhelmed newcomers to start is the Chris Archer Rookie Program. Play Vs. CPU games will boost Stubs, acquire stats for other challenges, and chip away at the Chris Archer missions. For example, acquiring Tropicana Field is easy, grabbing a Tampa Bay Rays hexagon in Conquest is (in theory) easy. That being said, after watching the Tampa Bay Rays territory get consumed by the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins in my first attempts to complete this hexagon mission, I started Conquest anew and bolted straight for Tampa Bay. I was actually able to acquire the territory (via sim no less) in only two Conquest games, which was a significantly easier departure from previous attempts.
Read More - MLB The Show 17 Diamond Dynasty: Market Evolving Despite Instability
12:14 PM - April 27, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PlayStation revealed Porsche would be coming to Gran Turismo Sport a few weeks ago. Today, Polyphony Digital has confirmed it and released a new trailer. This will be the first appearance for Porsche in the series, Gran Turismo Sport is scheduled to be released later this year.
09:38 AM - April 27, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Codemasters have just posted the first official gameplay trailer for DiRT 4. The trailer features ‘Instigators’, by Grace Potter - one of the songs from the in-game soundtrack that has been created for DiRT 4 in an exclusive partnership with Globe, Universal Music UK’s in-house sync team.
The agreement with Globe will see over 40 licensed tracks appear throughout the game, matching DiRT’s unique style and tone, and includes exclusive tracks from artists such as The Amazons, Sigma, Freak and Pretty Vicious alongside tracks from The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Queens Of The Stone Age and Bastille.
On another note, XboxAchievements have posted the DiRT 4 achievements.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
05:00 PM - April 26, 2017. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
Some new updates to Diamond Dynasty today included new cards being added to the Ticket Counter, a new Event being posted, and the addition of a time-limited Rookie Series pack you can purchase for 4,500 Stubs (limit 3 per person).
The exclusive cards in this pack are a Rookie Flashback Yasiel Puig (Gold), and a Rookie Flashback Aroldis Chapman (Silver). Some other new rookies you can find in these packs include Orel Hershiser (Gold), Kenny Lofton (Gold), Marcus Stroman (Gold), Dustin Ackley (Silver), Aledmys Diaz (Silver), Daniel Murphy (Silver), Gary Carter (Bronze), Jack McDowell (Bronze), Billy Wagner (Bronze), Fred McGriff (Bronze), Max Kepler (Bronze), Nomar Mazara (Bronze), Rollie Fingers (Bronze), and Justin Turner (Bronze).
The new players included on the Ticket Counter are also rookies. These players are Tony Perez (280 tickets, level 10), Doug Drabek (155 tickets, level 0), and Steve Finley (55 tickets, level 0). None of these players have a Player Spotlight tied to them, so only buy them if you actually want to use them for other challenges or missions.
The last big update is that a new Event will start on Thursday at 3 p.m. EST. This is the "25 and Under" Event where you can use any player 25 or under who is not a Diamond. Your team is capped at 89 overall, and the top rewards are a Hardware Legend Jackie Robinson (Silver) for a 10-win streak, and a Hardware Flashback Justin Verlander (Bronze) for 20 cumulative wins. These will be 6-inning games on All-Star difficulty.
Lastly, a quick reminder that the Time-Limited Red Sox/Yankees mission is ongoing right now and involves tallying 20 runs with Yankees or Red Sox players in Diamond Dynasty Games. It will end on April 27 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
04:43 PM - April 26, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels Expansion is scheduled to arrive on May 9 for both Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs (Xbox Play Anywhere). It is included in the Forza Horizon 3 Expansion Pass or $19.99 as a standalone purchase. The team will also release a Forza Horizon 3 update on the same day, to include improved new support for numerous popular driving wheels, improved CPU performance, additional graphical options, and more.
Below is a list of some of the new cars included in the expansion.
- 1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill
- 2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker
- 2012 Hot Wheels Rip Rod
- 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang
- 2016 Jeep Trailcat
- 2016 Zenvo ST1
- 2007 Toyota Hilux Arctic Trucks AT38
- 2010 Pagani Zonda R
- 1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49
09:41 AM - April 26, 2017. Posted by jbd345. Written by Steve Noah
Maximum Games have just announced June 27 as their release date for The Golf Club 2. Fans can pre-order the game for $39.99 to receive the Day One Edition, which includes the following "Aristocrat" bonus in-game content:
- Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power
- Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out among the crowd with an exclusive 24K solid gold driver
- Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends
- Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf
- Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge
For more details on the game, check out the official website.
09:11 AM - April 26, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
This guest post provided by the folks at NBA2kLab, where attributes and badges are tested extensively so you know what's important and what isn't. Be sure to check them out at the link!
At NBA2kLab we have received a lot of questions about which badges are the most important and which can be skipped. We would like to answer all of these questions in one place. Below you will find a tiered badge guide that will split the badges into four categories: Crucial, Commonly Helpful, Situationally Helpful, Don’t Waste Your Time. The order the badges appear within the tiers is not important. This list is for Bronze badges only. Hall of Fame badges should be prioritized every time -- with a few exceptions such as pick dodger, tear dropper, break starter, flashy passer, charge card and chase down artist.
Read More - A Comprehensive Guide to NBA 2K17 Bronze Badges (NBA 2K Lab)
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
09:30 AM - April 25, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
Among the many nuances of baseball is recognizing the importance of the count. Knowing when to swing, when to hold back and when to just let it rip no matter what the circumstance is often the difference between a good hitter and a great hitter.
Need evidence? How about Barry Bonds. In his record-breaking season, in which he hit 73 homers, Barry Bonds had an astounding 27 percent walk rate. That means that in just over a fourth of his at bats, Barry Bonds made it to first base free of charge. Taking walks, and the ability to utilize the count in his favor, was a major factor in his ability to hit homers.
Read More - MLB The Show 17: Work the Count As a Batter to Increase Your Hits
06:58 AM - April 25, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahMLB The Show 17 patch 1.04 is available now, check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.
NOTE: Server maintenance is still taking place.
UPDATE: Servers are up.
Thanks to HozAndMoose for the image!
Monday, April 24, 2017
06:20 PM - April 24, 2017. Posted by jeffy777. Written by Steve Noah
Sony Interactive Entertainment have announced plans to release their MLB The Show 17 patch, as well as perform server maintenance early tomorrow morning. More specifically at 3 AM Pacific. Once details of the patch have been released, we will post them.
03:34 PM - April 24, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Infinite Minigolf is scheduled to arrive this spring on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR and Nintendo Switch. It is currently available on Steam Early Access, with Vive support coming at launch.
Check out the trailer here and read the full press release below.
Infinite Minigolf is Coming to Consoles Spring 2017
Create and play an unlimited amount of minigolf courses on PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch this spring!
Create and play an unlimited amount of minigolf courses on PlayStation 4, PlayStation VR, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch this spring!
Zen Studios, creator of hit digital titles like CastleStorm and Pinball FX2, is delighted to reveal that Infinite Minigolf, the highly anticipated follow-up to Planet Minigolf, is coming to consoles. Currently available on PCs through Steam Early Access, Infinite Minigolf players will be able to craft their own course creations and experience tons of customization options on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch this spring! Additionally, the PC version of the game and the upcoming PlayStation 4 versions will feature VR gameplay, allowing you to create, customize, and play your courses in exciting virtual reality!
“Zen Studios released Planet Minigolf on PlayStation Network back in 2010 and players are still enjoying that game today. The community has been very vocal over the years, sharing their ideas for a new game, and they gave us more than enough new ideas to come back and develop a minigolf game for this console generation,” said Tamas Balog, Head of Studio at Zen Studios. “The team has spent a lot of time developing better tools for players to make their own content – which was the number one request from players. If you enjoy minigolf as well as creating and sharing your own content, Infinite Minigolf was designed for you.”
Using the robust toolset contained in the course editor, players are the creators, and can showcase their creative abilities to players all over the world! Players will place course tiles and a vast assortment of gameplay objects into beautifully crafted environments as they create amazing minigolf courses.
Players can participate in 8-player online multiplayer matchups, local multiplayer matchups, and a variety of fun single player modes. Unlock a huge selection of cool minigolf gear, discover fun powerups that elevate minigolf gameplay to new levels of excitement.
The PlayStation 4 and Steam versions support PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive respectively, so players can experience the world of Infinite Minigolf in stunning VR, allowing environments to spring to life in exciting ways, making for the definitive VR golf experience. Build your creations and tour them in stunning VR!
Infinite Minigolf features incredibly accurate ball physics, in addition to dazzling graphics and detailed environments, each with a distinct visual theme and gameplay features.
Infinite Minigolf will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Steam, and Nintendo Switch this spring. For more details on Infinite Minigolf check out www.infiniteminigolf.com, and visit blog.zenstudios.com for more information on Zen’s library of digital games.
12:58 PM - April 24, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Josh Houtz
As a fan of old-school hockey games, I was very excited to try V7 Entertainment’s Old Time Hockey. It appeared to be everything I loved about the NHL games of the early '90s, and I was anxious to see how it compared.
Read More - Old Time Hockey Delivers an Experience for Hardcore Puck Fans Only
Sunday, April 23, 2017
01:58 PM - April 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- MLB The Show Server Issues: Detailing the Saga So Far
- Press Row Podcast - Community Uproar
- New NHL 17 Roster Updated Adds McAvoy, Boeser & Keller
- MotoGP 17 Arrives on July 11, Exclusively at GameStop
- NBA 2K17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (4-18)
- Official NBA Playgrounds Roster Has Been Fully Revealed, Hundreds More Coming
- Operation Sports at 2K Sports Part Four: How to Get Noticed
- MLB Manager 17: Baseball Anytime, Anywhere
- Motorsport Manager Video - Strategy From The Pit Wall
- How to Pitch Every Count in MLB The Show 17
- Everybody's Golf Arrives on August 29 For PlayStation 4 - Watch The New Trailer
- FIFA 17 Available Now in The Vault For EA Access & Origin Access Subscribers
- Official MLB The Show 17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (4-21)
- OSFM 1.0 vs. 1.75: Which Contract Setup is Best For you?
Saturday, April 22, 2017
11:27 AM - April 22, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Mike Lowe
In this video, Mike Lowe takes a look at which contract setup in OSFM's 1.0 vs. 1.75 rosters is the right one for you. Mike discusses the merits of each and in the lengthy discussion really hits on several topics that will help you figure out which contract setup is the best for you...until the new version of OSFM arrives that is.
Be sure to Subscribe to Operation Sports on YouTube.
Also, be sure to check out the OSFM rosters if you haven't already on the Operation Sports Forums.
Friday, April 21, 2017
12:47 PM - April 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The official MLB The Show 17 roster update is available now.
Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Matt Kemp +3 (82), Chris Heston +3 (76), Matt Strahm +3 (76), Brett Anderson +3 (75), Erasmo J. Ramirez +4 (74), Mike Montgomery -3 (72), Mike Bolsinger +3 (71), Anibal Sanchez -3 (71), J.C. Ramirez +5 (71), Taylor Motter +1 (71), Adam Rosales -3 (70), Jarred Cosart +4 (70), Jarrett Parker +2 (70) and much more.
PLAYERS ADDED THIS WEEK
- Camargo, Johan - ATL
- Johnson, Brian - BOS
- Taylor, Ben - BOS
- Garcia, Willy - CHW
- May, Jacob - CHW
- Arroyo, Bronson - CIN
- Astin, Barrett - CIN
- Davis, Rookie - CIN
- Garrett, Amir - CIN
- Turner, Stuart - CIN
- Winker, Jesse - CIN
- Carle, Shane - COL
- Freeland, Kyle - COL
- Holland, Greg - COL
- Senzatela, Antonio - COL
- Jimenez, Joe - DET
- Guthrie, Jeremy - FA
- Moore, Tyler - MIA
- Riddle, JT - MIA
- Haley, Justin - MIA
- Sewald, Paul - NYM
- Wheeler, Zack - NYM
- Higashioka, Kyle - NYY
- Kozma, Pete - NYY
- Montgomery, Jordan - NYY
- Montas, Frankie - OAK
- Knapp, Andrew - PHI
- Stassi, Brock - PHI
- Lee, Zach - SDG
- Stammen, Craig - SDG
- Torrens, Luis - SDG
- Marrero, Chris - SFO
- Peterson, Shane - TAM
- Pruitt, Austin - TAM
- Robertson, DanielR - TAM
- Hauschild, Mike - TEX
- Robinson, Drew - TEX
- Lawrence, Casey - TOR
- CF Michael Bourn moved from Free Agent 1 to Orioles Minors.
- SP Jake Odorizzi moved from Rays Starting to Rays Minors.
- SP Erasmo Ramirez moved from Rays Relief to Rays Starting.
- SP Aaron Sanchez moved from Blue Jays Starting to Blue Jays Minors.
- 3B Chris Coghlan moved from Free Agent 2 to Blue Jays Position.
- 3B Josh Donaldson moved from Blue Jays Position to Blue Jays Minors.
- SP J.A. Happ moved from Blue Jays Starting to Blue Jays Minors.
- CF Lonnie Chisenhall moved from Indians Minors to Indians Position.
- CF Tyler Naquin moved from Indians Position to Indians Minors.
- 2B Whit Merrifield moved from Royals Minors to Royals Bench.
- RP Andrew Bailey moved from Angels Relief to Angels Minors.
- SS Adam Rosales moved from A's Bench to A's Position.
- SS Marcus Semien moved from A's Position to A's Minors.
- 1B Mark Canha moved from A's Bench to A's Minors.
- SP Kendall Graveman moved from A's Starting to A's Minors.
- RP San Dyson moved from Rangers Closer to Rangers Minors.
- CP Matt Bush moved from Rangers Relief to Rangers Closer.
- SP Andrew Cashner moved from Rangers Minors to Rangers Starting.
- 1B Derek Dietrich moved from Marlins Position to Marlins Bench.
- 3B Martin Prado moved from Marlins Minors to Marlins Position.
- SP Joe Ross moved from Nationals Minors to Nationals Starting.
- SP Clay Buchholz moved from Phillies Starting to Phillies Minors.
- SP Zach Eflin moved from Phillies Minors to Phillies Starting.
- RP Oliver Drake moved from Orioles Relief to Brewers Relief.
- CF Starling Marte moved from Pirates Position to Pirates Minors.
- RF Adam Frazier moved from Pirates Bench to Pirates Position.
- SP Jon Gray moved from Rockies Starting to Rockies Minors.
- RP Pedro Baez moved from Dodgers Minors to Dodgers Relief.
- SP Trevor Cahill moved from Padres Minors to Padres Starting.
- LF Jarrett Parker moved from Giants Position to Giants Minors.
- C Buster Posey moved from Giants Minors to Giants Position.
- C Nick Hundley moved from Giants Position to Giants Bench