A hands-on look at Madden...
The game is striving to be the "Infinity Blade' of sports games.
A look at FIFA from the show floor...
A quick look at what Forza is bringing to the table this fall...
Operation Sports Content
Sunday, July 5, 2015
12:30 PM - July 5, 2015. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
Another week is coming to a close in Diamond Dynasty, and the big pack released this week was the June Topps 50 Player pack. It costs 12,000 Stubs, and it has not caused prices on the Marketplace to dip much at all -- presumably due to the high cost. Instead, it seems the Marketplace is slowly recovering from some record-low prices that cropped up last weekend when the last batch of special-edition packs were released.
As this is a holiday weekend, I'm not sure if the roster will be released Monday morning or not, but we'll assume for now it will be. Either way, fewer names are on this list than usual as honestly not a ton of players stuck out to me this week.
Ratings Boost Probability: High
-Zack Greinke - A lot of folks have been bugging me about adding Greinke for a couple weeks now, but I had held off as I thought there were some better elite pitchers this season. I had been pushing for a Chris Sale upgrade over Greinke, but Sale still has not gotten his boost. Regardless, Greinke now joins him as somebody who I think just clearly is pitching like one of the best pitchers in the majors.
-Taijuan Walker - It's really been a crazy turnaround for Walker after his dreadful start. He's got five wins in the last month to go with over a strikeout per inning and a WHIP under one.
-Mike Montgomery - Walkers' teammate has also been a really great story, and I think it's fair to say Mike Montgomery also deserves a lot of praise at this point.
-Carlos Correa - He's amazing. I don't need to put stats here, Carlos Correa is just amazing and needs to be at least a Silver.
-Buster Posey - On some level, I really doubt Posey gets a boost this week, but to me he's been the best hitter over the last month and so I have to put him here.
Read More - Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (7/5/15)
06:24 AM - July 5, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update Details (6-29) - Scherzer, Pujols & More Go Up
- MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (6-29-15)
- NBA Live 16: Breaking Down What We Know, What to Look For (Video)
- At this point, are you buying Rory McIlroy PGA Tour? (Poll)
- NHL 16 Q&A Update - EASHL, Rookie Availability, No Face-Off Changes or Advanced Stats
- NHL 16 Screenshots - Stinger (Columbus Blue Jackets) & Bailey (Los Angeles Kings)
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details
- ￼Plenty of Games with Gold Deals This Week, Including Skate 3 For $4.99
- FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video
- FIFA 16: Hands-On Thoughts, Looking Ahead at What to Expect
- Driveclub Game Update 1.19, RPM Expansion and Velocity Tour Packs Available Now
- Madden NFL Mobile Update Arrives on August 19, Some Features Revealed
- Madden NFL 16: More Hands-On Impressions
- New Patch Available Today For The Crew
- R.B.I. Baseball 15 Available Now For Android Devices $4.99
- NBA 2K16 Features Body Scans for More Player Authenticity
- Rocket League Releases July 7, Free for PS Plus Subscribers
- NBA Live 16: Is Online Team Play Coming? (Video)
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Not a Yearly Title, Will Feature Free Content Updates
- NBA Live 16 Screenshots - Jimmy Butler
- F1 2015 Features Trailer
- NHL 16: Hands-On Discussion, Future Outlook (Video)
- Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA
- NBA Live 16 Features Improved Lighting and Visuals - New Screenshots
- MLB 15 The Show Server Maintenance Scheduled For July 7 & July 9 (5:00 - 11:00 AM PT)
- MLB 15 The Show June Topps 50 Diamond Dynasty Pack Available Now & More
- NBA Live 16 Screenshots - Kevin Durant & Kobe Bryant
- Peter Moore Discusses Microsoft's 2004 Decision to Stop Making Sports Games
- Madden NFL 16: E3 Recap, and What to Look for Next
- FIFA 16 Cover Revealed, FIFA 16 Ultimate Team Legends Exclusive to Xbox Again
- WWE 2K16 Cover to be Revealed Monday, July 6 on RAW - Who Do You Think it Will Be?
- Press Row Podcast - Summer Games
- Amazon Prime Members Can Pre-Order Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR For $49.99
- Amazon Prime Members Can Pre-Order Madden NFL 16 For $45 (Xbox One) $49.99 (PS4)
- NHL 16 Distinct Team Arena Atmosphere Details and Screenshots
- Has Innovation Become a Thing of the Past With Sports Games?
- The Racing Games Lineup This Fall Looks Exceptional
Saturday, July 4, 2015
09:21 AM - July 4, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
If youíre an owner of the either an Xbox One or PS4, particularly the PS4, then the racing landscape has proven to be somewhat barren up until recently. And if you are looking for a simulation-style title, then the choices have been even more limited. Forza 5 and Horizon have dropped on the Xbox, and Project Cars is now available for both systems, so the thirst for racing bliss has been somewhat filled, but there is always room for more. Starting this summer, and rolling into the fall, there are some intriguing titles that will hit the retail market, and a few that racing fans should definitely keep on their radar.
Read More - The Racing Games Lineup This Fall Looks Exceptional
Friday, July 3, 2015
03:08 PM - July 3, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
The best sports games aren't necessarily innovative. But they do, however, contain innovative features.
Take a look at our most recent "Greatest Sports Game Ever" poll, and it's easy to match the top finishers with a ground-breaking feature. MVP Baseball 2005: Hitter's Eye. NFL 2K5: First-Person Football. College Hoops 2K8: 6th Man Meter.
This isn't to say that all great games innovate or that all innovative games are great. There just seems to be an inherent connection between those games we view as quality titles and the ability to bring something new to the table.
Read More - Has Innovation Become a Thing of the Past With Sports Games?
03:03 PM - July 3, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahNHL 16 continues to build on their authentic arenas and atmosphere with signature effects and well known props throughout the league. Check out a few examples in the images below.
Minnesota Wild - Xcel Energy Center
The Lighthouse in the Xcel Energy Center will blast a foghorn when the Wild score a goal and after a home ice victory.
Detroit Red Wings - Joe Louis Arena
The Legend of the Octopus in Detroit is one of the oldest and most iconic traditions in the sport of hockey. Thatís why we had to get Al The Octopus looking just right.
Calgary Flames - Scotiabank Saddledome
During playoff games, the C of Red will be going nuts when the Calgary Flames take to the ice. To make the experience even more authentic, fire will blast from the Saddledome flamethrowers after every goal.
Washington Capitals - Verizon Center
Speaking of red, youíll see a ton of it when you visit the Verizon Center during playoff time. Caps fans will #RockTheRed during the postseason as they cheer on their hometown Capitals.
NHL 16 arrives on September 15 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
SOURCE - EA Sports
02:53 PM - July 3, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can pre-order Madden NFL 16 (Standard Edition only) for $45.02 on Xbox One and $49.99 on PlayStation 4. Add it to your cart to see the price.
02:47 PM - July 3, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can pre-order Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR for $49.99. Add it to your cart to see the price.
01:59 PM - July 3, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 140th episode of the Press Row Podcast features a breezy, free-wheeling discussion with regulars Kat Bailey, Bryan Wiedey, and Rich Grisham on a whole range of topics. The panel remembers with fondness when July meant NCAA Football, discusses how online leagues impacted how they continued to play games longer than they had before, looks ahead to the upcoming Rocket League title hitting PlayStation 4 (for free!) next week, wonders if arcade sports games could make a comeback, and wraps with Kat and Rich getting into a rather heated argument about FIFA's shooting mechanics on console versus the Vita. Lastly, Bryan and Rich talk about the positive reaction to their new Hit The Pass site and what it has meant to them.
Enjoy the show, and Happy Fourth of July!
Joining us this week:
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- Bryan Wieday, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, Hit The Pass (@richgrisham)
- Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while youíre there
- Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
Run Time: 1 Hour, 23 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
01:08 PM - July 3, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The WWE 2K16 cover is scheduled to be revealed on Monday, July 6 on RAW. Who do you think it will be?
The roster for WWE 2K16 features over 120 unique models and all of them will ship with the game, which releases on October 27 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
12:03 PM - July 3, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The global cover for FIFA 16 has been revealed, featuring FC Barcelonaís Lionel Messi. In Australia, France, Latin America, Mexico, and The United Kingdom, fans can vote on who they would like to see share the cover with him. The FIFA 16 cover voting ends on Sunday, July 5 and the winners will begin to be revealed on July 8. If you would like to vote, click here.
For those of you into FIFA Ultimate Team, Legends will once again be exclusive to Xbox users, just like they were for FIFA 14 and FIFA 15.
FIFA 16 ships on September 22 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
11:53 AM - July 3, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Today, we're sitting down with Ben Vollmer to discuss his experiences with Madden NFL 16 at E3. We discuss what Madden is doing right and what we should be most concerned with as the game marches towards release in late August.
If you haven't done so yet, be sure to read Ben's thoughts on Madden from E3, both his initial hands-on impressions and his more fleshed out impressions of the game from the show.
Be sure to watch the video above and also check out the E3 gameplay trailer for the game if you haven't done so already.
08:25 AM - July 3, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Jayson Young
IGN's Ryan McCaffrey recently interviewed three men who have helped shape Microsoft's video game legacy: Xbox designer Seamus Blackley, former Xbox 360 frontman Peter Moore, and current Xbox One headman Phil Spencer. While the entire hour-and-a-half discussion is an informative listen, sports fans will particularly want to hear the conversation from 19:08 to 22:45, where Peter Moore explains Microsoft's decision to drop-out of the sports gaming business shortly after signing a deal with Don Mattrick -- then President of Electronic Arts' Worldwide Operations -- to finally get EA's games onto Xbox Live. NCAA Football 2005 was Electronic Arts' first Xbox title to include online play, despite the fact that Microsoft's gaming network had been up and running since November of 2002.
Read More - Peter Moore Discusses Microsoft's 2004 Decision To Stop Making Sports Games (Written by Jayson Young)
Thursday, July 2, 2015
07:41 PM - July 2, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NBA Live 16 Twitter feed continues to provide new screenshots from the game. Today they showcased Kevin Durant and Kobe Bryant.
05:42 PM - July 2, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
June Topps 50 (12,000 stubs) Diamond Dynasty packs are available now for MLB 15 The Show. Each pack contains 3 player cards limited to the top 50 performers from the month of June. You are guaranteed 1 Gold or higher with 5 times the chance of receiving a Diamond. These packs will be available through the weekend.
Also of note:
- No Tax on the Marketplace all weekend
- 704 Free Stubs given to all users who have connected to MLB 15 The Show online
POS NAME OVR
- 1B Miguel Cabrera 99
- CF Mike Trout 99
- 1B Paul Goldschmidt 97
- SP Max Scherzer 97
- RF Giancarlo Stanton 94
- LF Bryce Harper 94
- SP Chris Sale 93
- C Buster Posey 93
- SS Troy Tulowitzki 93
- 2B Dustin Pedroia 92
- 3B Manny Machado 92
- SP Madison Bumgarner 92
- SP Zack Greinke 92
- SP Chris Archer 91
- 3B Todd Frazier 91
- CP Kenley Jansen 90
- 1B Albert Pujols 89
- 3B Nolan Arenado 89
- SS Jose Reyes 88
- LF Yoenis Cespedes 88
- CP Trevor Rosenthal 88
- 1B Freddie Freeman 87
- SP Jacob DeGrom 87
- C Matt Wieters 86
- 2B Brian Dozier 86
- CF Brett Gardner 86
- LF Starling Marte 86
- C Brian McCann 84
- CP Zach Britton 84
- RF George Springer 83
- RF Jason Heyward 82
- CP Mark Melancon 82
- RF JD Martinez 81
- RP Darren O'Day 81
- 2B Brandon Phillips 81
- 2B Joe Panik 81
- 3B Maikel Franco 81
- CF Charlie Blackmon 81
- LF Curtis Granderson 81
- RP Chasen Shreve 80
- SP Jaime Garcia 80
- SP Yovani Gallardo 78
- SP Marco Estrada 78
- CF Cameron Maybin 78
- SS Carlos Correa 77
- SS Xander Bogaerts 77
- SP Taijuan Walker 77
- C Welington Castillo 75
- RP Ken Giles 75
- RP Will Smith 74
02:17 PM - July 2, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The MLB 15 The Show servers will be down on July 7 and July 9 from 5:00 - 11:00 AM PT. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.