Operation Sports Content
Saturday, October 10, 2015
10:30 AM - October 10, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Project CARS patch 5.0 is available now for PC users, check out the details below. The patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users is coming soon, but no exact date has been revealed.
- Enforce fixed (default) setups – fixed cases where enabling this would still allow players to use custom setups. Enabled the player's custom controller settings to still be used when using fixed setups.
- Mojave layouts – fixed an issue where, if the host were disqualified, it would force end-of-race for everyone.
- Fixed an issue with tyre choices being ignored during pit stops.
- Improved AI behaviour in pit lanes to further reduce cars hitting the pit walls when driving out of the garages.
- Fixed an issue where cars under AI control would struggle to drive correctly on tracks with high banking.
- Fixed an issue where some car parts that were dislodged during a collision would not be removed when the track is cleared.
- Fixed an issue where the maximum amount of contract and invitation emails could be exceeded with DLC installed, resulting in the player not being notified of newly unlocked contract offers and invitational events.
- Fixed a bug on the splash screen where the controller used to press the A Button to start was not selected as the current controller.
- Logitech G29/G920 – updated default controller map sets for the layouts to be consistent between wheels and across platforms.
- Logitech G920 – fixed an issue with the gearshift mapping.
- Removed default assignments for wipers and lights, as this was disabling the wipers/lights turning on automatically when it started raining or got dark.
- Nürburgring GP, Sprint, Sprint Short – fixed an issue that caused issues for cars pitting in the first pit spot.
- Nordschleife – fixed an issue that caused cars to get stuck against the pit wall when driving in the pit lane.
- Nürburgring Sprint Short – fixed a cut track issue at the NGK Chicane.
- Barcelona GP – fixed cut track issue when entering the pit lane.
- Watkins Glen – improved overall track performance to address frame rate drops in certain areas.
- Aston Martin Vantage GTE – tweaked cockpit exposure to work better with rainy conditions.
- Aston Martin DBR 1-2 – set the car up so that the steering wheel remains in a static state when the user chooses the ‘hide wheel’ option, so that the user can still read the vital info displayed on the wheel.
- Aston Martin DBR1 1959 – fixed an issue where the wrong helmet was displayed when using Helmet View, tweaked inertia and roll stiffness to improve collision behaviour.
- Audi 90 IMSA GTO, Audi R8 V10 plus, Ruf Rt 12R – fixed an issue where the KERS bar would appear on the HUD of these cars, even though they don’t have KERS.
- BMW 320 Turbo – fixed an issue where the car would start 'wandering' in straight lines after a few laps.
- Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars.
- Ford Mustang GT – improve braking power to better match the car's weight.
- Ginetta G40 – partial fix for front tires overheating if pressure goes over 1.8bar.
- Historic Lotus Formula cars – improved the Helmet View exposure settings
- Lotus 98T – fixed an issue with missing bodywork in the cockpit
- Mercedes C Class DTM – adjusted steering wheel shift lights to better match the engine's power band.
- Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks.
- Display correct message when trying to toggle assists when assists are disabled.
- Fixed an issue with the Leaderboards navigation that prevented the user from changing the vehicle or location.
- Changed the displayed values for Lateral and Longitudinal weight bias, to make it more intuitive.
- Fixed an issue with bad Text spacing on the Telemetry screen.
- Fixed various issues with the HUD gearshift indicator during replays.
- Fixed an issue where making real time changes to the stability control would display incorrect information.
- Fixed an issue where the in-game Standings screen ‘Lap time’ was cleared too soon.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Sync to Race’ option was unavailable when configuring Weather Progression.
- Fixed an issue where the Best Driving Line assist appeared in the rear view mirrors.
- Localisation – added ‘United Arab Emirates’ used by Lykan to non-English language sets.
- Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly.
- Fixed a case where the ‘One more for the road’ achievement would not unlock correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the player could still toggle driving assists on via buttons, even when driving assists was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the external driving camera would clip through the track on steep banking.
- Fixed an issue with random cloud ‘popping’ in and out of view.
- Fixed an issue with clouds disappearing when using time acceleration.
- Fixed a render timing issue that would at times cause a black screen when the processor is under heavy load.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player’s view to switch from helmet camera to cockpit camera during pit stops.
- Fixed an issue with Enhanced Mirror, where enabling it could at times cause occasional drop-outs of mirror content
- Improved support for Oculus Rift rendering to desktop and headset simultaneously.
- Added command line option -vrfullscreen for use when using second screen, to use whole screen instead of windowed mode.
- Amended driver head offset when in Oculus Rift mode – defaults to 0.0 but can be set using command line -vreyeoffset amount.
- Added HUD position editing control keys to the existing HUD editing setup: AD – left/right, WS – up/down, ZE – in/out. (Note that this doesn't save yet between game restarts. We have this working internally now but it missed this patch, so will be coming your way very soon)
- HUD and Menu system is now located in world and car space instead of attached to the player’s head.
- Updated to Oculus SDK 0.7.0.0.
Source - Project CARS Forum
Friday, October 9, 2015
08:26 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Cowboy008. Written by Steve Noah
The WWE 2K16 development team continue to reveal nuggets about their game. Today they show off a quick clip featuring Goldust vs. Stardust. Post your thoughts!
For more news, details and media on WWE 2K16, check out this page.
01:58 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
With the MLB Playoffs starting in earnest, its time for our somewhat-annual non-scientific simulation, using the latest version of MLB: The Show.
For this simulation, we used the latest roster update from SCEA and the ever-enjoyable Post Season mode. We also ensured that the Wildcard games ended as they actually did, with Houston and Chicago advancing.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Full Playoff Sim
01:51 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 152nd episode of the Press Row Podcast lets us catch our breath and look around the jammed sports game landscape now that all of the major titles have been released. Our panel revisits aspects of NBA 2K16, Madden 16, MLB 15 The Show, FIFA, Rocket League, and others. Which games are staying in our current rotations, and which ones have fallen out? What do we expect to change or stay the same for the rest of the fall? Enjoy the show!
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre and Hit The Pass (@pastapadre)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Ryan Lewis, Hit The Pass (@RyanTheLou)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, Hit The Pass (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 19 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
01:15 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS.
NBA 2K16 patch #1 is available now for PC users. For those of you curious about the console patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, it is 2 to 3 weeks away. The fixes below are PC specific.
The team is aware of the dropped commentary during gameplay and will look into fixing it on the next patch.
- Added support for 21:9 UltraWide monitors, multiple monitor displays, and other non-16:9 aspect ratios.
- Fixed an issue where frame rate could stutter (even on higher end graphics cards) in either or both of gameplay and MyPARK.
- Fixed a bug where playcalling icons were not appearing for some users.
- Resolved a driver crash on below min spec DirectX 10.0 cards, such as the NVidia 9800 GT.
- Optimized crowd rendering, resulting in slightly improved performance on many configurations.
- Fixed ‘black rectangle’ artifact.
- Removed super sample configuration option due to driver instability.
This guest content provided by Out of the Park Developments.
The Chicago Cubs were seeking the first step toward ending a 100-year-plus championship drought. The Pittsburgh Pirates were hoping to win their first playoff game since 1992, after two Wild Card play-in game losses in 2013 and 2014. Chicago prevailed on the road, shutting down Pittsburgh in a 4-0 win that sent them to the NLDS against the St. Louis Cardinals.
(Did we mention that the NL Central had the top three records in Major League Baseball this year? Only one of those teams will make it to the NLCS. Wow.)
Meanwhile, the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers knew they would be matched up once the regular season ended, and they’re ready to get started in their NLDS on Friday. New York hasn’t been to the postseason since 2006, while LA has been there the past two years and six times since 2004 but hasn’t played in a World Series since they won it all in 1988.
Read More - OOTP 16: NLDS Simulation
This guest content provided by Out of the Park Developments.
The Houston Astros’ 3-0 victory over the New York Yankees on Tuesday night punched their ticket to an American League Division Series against reigning AL champs the Kansas City Royals. Meanwhile, the Texas Rangers and Toronto Blue Jays have known since the end of the regular season that they would meet in the other ALDS match-up.
Who will prevail in both series? As with our NL and AL Wild Card play-in game write-ups, we simmed each series five times and created a composite of the results to arrive at our prediction. We were helped by a handy option that was added to a special internal build of Out of the Park Baseball 16: a Game Importance dropdown that tells the AI if it should treat the sims as if they’re regular games or do-or-die affairs.
Read More - OOTP 16: ALDS Simulation
08:00 AM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Need For Speed EA Access trial is scheduled to arrive on October 29 for EA Access subscribers. All of the recently released trial games have given subscribers 10 hours of gameplay, so that seems to be the standard.
Also of note, EA Access trial games have recently arrived a day early at 5:00 PM ET. So it is very likely that subscribers will see the trial on October 28. Whichever the case, we will announce it, when it becomes available.
Need For Speed is scheduled to release on November 3 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC version has been delayed until Spring of 2016.
Thursday, October 8, 2015
04:32 PM - October 8, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Week 5 of the NFL season is here and so are the updated Madden NFL 16 rosters. Check out the blog here, along with the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.
Of note, Von Miller joins Marshal Yanda, Aaron Rodgers, J.J. Watt and Rob Gronkowski as the only players in the game with an overall 99 rating.
- A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals WR (+1 OVR to 94)
- Kam Chancellor, Seattle Seahawks SS (+1 OVR to 95)
- Devonta Freeman, Atlanta Falcons HB (+3 OVR to 81)
- Tavon Austin, St. Louis Rams WR (+2 OVR to 78)
- Ryan Delaire, Carolina Panthers DE (+5 OVR to 66)
- Todd Gurley, St. Louis Rams RB (+1 OVR to 80)
- Cameron Heyward, Pittsburgh Steelers LE (+2 OVR to 90)
- Aldon Smith, Oakland Raiders LE (+1 OVR to 92)
- Calais Campbell, Arizona Cardinals LE (+1 OVR to 97)
- Charles Woodson, Oakland Raiders SS (+1 OVR to 89)
- Robert Mathis, Indianapolis Colts ROLB (-1 OVR to 84)
- Odell Beckham Jr., New York Giants WR (-1 OVR to 93)
- Travis Kelce, Kansas City TE (-1 OVR to 91)
- Aqib Talib, Denver Broncos CB (-1 OVR to 91)
- Dwayne Bowe, Cleveland Browns WR (-2 OVR to 81)
- Frank Gore, Indianapolis Colts RB (-2 OVR to 81)
- Alfred Morris, Washington Redskins RB (-1 OVR to 85)
- Andre Johnson, Indianapolis Colts WR (-1 OVR to 84)
12:17 PM - October 8, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
Read More - NBA 2K16: How MyGM and MyLeague Are The Best Modes in the Game
08:06 AM - October 8, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K has just announced NHL SuperCard, featuring cover athlete and NHL All-Star Zach Parise of the Minnesota Wild, is available now for download free of charge on the App Store for iOS devices, as well as the Google Play Store and http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-NHL-S...=operasport-20 for Android devices.
Read the full press release below.
2K Announces NHL® SuperCard Featuring NHL All-Star, 2014 U.S. Olympic Team Captain and Minnesota Wild Left Wing Zach Parise
Cover Athlete Debuts NHL’s First Collectible Card-Battling Game With More Than 450 Cards Featuring Current and Legendary NHL Players, Exhibition Games, Season-Based Action and More
2K today announced the debut of NHL® SuperCard, the action-packed NHL® collectible card-battling game. Featuring cover athlete Zach Parise, NHL All-Star, 2014 U.S. Olympic Team Captain and left wing for the Minnesota Wild, NHL SuperCard is available now for download free of charge on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android™ devices.
“NHL SuperCard is the perfect mobile app to keep me close to the action whenever I’m on the go,” said Zach Parise. “It’s an honor to be selected as the face of NHL SuperCard, and I look forward to helping share the excitement of NHL with hockey and gaming fans in a cool new way as we kick off the 2015 season.”
NHL SuperCard challenges players to build teams comprising current and legendary NHL players, train them to their full potential, battle on the ice in exhibition games and test their luck in both season and rivals-based action. Featuring more than 450 cards in active play, with each card representing one of seven different rarity levels, NHL SuperCard offers a wealth of collectible content combined with extensive replay value. In addition, players may complement their gameplay experience by purchasing individual card packs.
“NHL SuperCard represents the next step in extending 2K’s portfolio of action-packed mobile entertainment experiences,” said Harley Howe, Co-Studio Head at Cat Daddy Games. “Sports and collectible card game fans can now experience NHL action in a new way on their mobile devices, anywhere and at any time.”
NHL SuperCard features include:
- EXTENSIVE ROSTER – Explore a lineup of more than 450 current and legendary NHL players, including NHL SuperCard cover athlete Zach Parise alongside Paul Coffey, Doug Gilmour, Brett Hull, Cam Neely, Jacques Plante, Felix Potvin, Luc Robitaille, Jeremy Roenick and Scott Stevens;
- QUICK GAME – Participate in quick battle games and add new players to starting lineups;
- SEASON MODE – Compete against others in week-long NHL season simulations and earn significant rewards;
- RIVALS CLASH EVENTS – Pick a side and join likeminded players to compete against rivals for rewards;
- PLAYER TRAINING – Train player cards in playmaking, stick handling, focus and skating to perform at their maximum potential;
- CARD ENHANCEMENTS – Increase player ratings through acquisition of various enhancement-driven cards.
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
04:03 PM - October 7, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
If you're struggling to advance through Road to the Playoffs' early seeds, or are just trying to complete some of MyTeam's more restrictive challenges, here are a few of the best bronze players you can buy in NBA 2K16...
Read More - NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Best Bronze Players
Read More - NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Best Bronze Players
04:01 PM - October 7, 2015. Posted by DustinT. Written by Dustin Toms
Looks like we have some news regarding the first major NBA 2K16 patch.
The news comes from Ronnie2K. No major details yet, but Pro-Am is a major focus.
Since NBA 2K16 released on Friday, September 25, one of its major new modes, Pro-Am, has been broken for a vast majority of players. Most players are unable to even begin a game, while others can't join in with friends who live on opposite ends of the country.
We'll keep you posted when we get more details on the upcoming patch.
07:24 AM - October 7, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K has just revealed details on the downloadable content offerings, Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Make sure to check out the trailer here.
The downloadable content offerings will include a story-driven 2K Showcase surrounding the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees; access to new moves, unlockable content, player progression; and a wealth of playable WWE Legends and WWE and NXT® Superstars. The individual content packages will begin releasing in late 2015, with some packages releasing in early 2016.
- Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
- The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
- Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode;
- MyPlayer KickStart will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
- Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
- The Legends Pack will be available for a suggested price of $8.99.
- Playable matches include:
- “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
- Rikishi vs. The Rock;
- Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
- Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes
- Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
- The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
- The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
- The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
- More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
- The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
- Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
- The Future Stars Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
Players may purchase nearly all WWE 2K16 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For a suggested price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
- Legends Pack;
- 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase;
- New Moves Pack;
- Future Stars Pack.
2K also announced Digital Deluxe Editions for WWE 2K16 are now available for pre-order via PlayStation™Network and Xbox Live as follows:
PS4™ system and Xbox One ($89.99):
- Copy of WWE 2K16;
- WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
- MyPlayer KickStart;
- Theme (PS4™ system only; available immediately with pre-order purchase);
- Copy of WWE 2K16;
- WWE 2K16 Season Pass;
- Theme (PS3™ system only, available immediately with pre-order purchase).
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
04:34 PM - October 6, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Atlanta Falcons keep on winning, the Miami Dolphins keep on losing, Davonta Freeman once again reached the end zone three times and the Seattle Seahawks won another game after another controversial finish. What a week it was in the NFL, but that’s what we’ve come to expect these days.
Before we dig into the winning lineup from Week 4 of The Operation Sports FanDuel Championship, here’s what you need to know about Week 5: The contest costs $5 to play and pays $100 to first place. Click here to enter! We'll see you there!
The winning lineup from Week 4, submitted by luth58, benefited from big games by Freeman, Charles Clay, Josh Lambo and the Falcons defense, for a grand total of 138.46 -- nearly 75 points fewer than the winning lineup from Week 3!
A big congratulations to luth58 for his big win. Let’s not forget the second place finisher, mnofsteel34, who finished with 122.26 points.
Don't miss out on the Week 5 contest, as the opportunities to qualify for the Operation Sports Championship in Week 11 are dwindling.
Here’s a look at luth58 winning lineup: