Ten new player ratings revealed for Madden NFL 15.
A complete breakdown of Madden's new tackling mechanic this year.
A deep dive into the Superstar Skill Stick feature in NHL 15.
A look at seven potential dream matches for Sting in WWE 2K15.
Operation Sports Content
Sunday, July 13, 2014
12:15 PM - July 13, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NHL 15 Screenshots - American Airlines Center & Rogers Arena
- OOTP 15 on Sale For $19.99 Until July 16th - Patch #4 Available Now
- What Really Killed NCAA Football? The Lawsuit or the Lack of a Playoff?
- LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)
- The Golf Club Submitted to Microsoft and Sony, Official Release Date Coming Soon
- Joe Montana Football 16?
- Madden NFL 15 Gauntlet Mode Teaches You How to Play Football, Get Better at Madden
- Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet
- Enter The GMC Madden NFL Sweepstakes -Meet the Developers, Play the Game Early & More
- NHL 15 Screenshots - New Faces in New Places
- NBA 2K14 Video - He's Back (Shady00018)
- NHL 15 Screenshots - Captured From Next-Gen Hockey Player Trailer
- Madden NFL 15 Video & Blog - War In The Trenches 2.0
- NHL 15 Video and Screenshots - Next-Gen Hockey Player
- Madden NFL 15 Screenshots - Evans, Bortles, Bridgewater & Manziel
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Hands-On Impressions (IGN, CVG)
- Madden NFL 15 Interview with Presentation Director, Brian Murray
- Driveclub Videos and Interview - Dynamic Weather in Action
- The Golf Club Video - Turn Based Multiplayer
- NASCAR '14 Patch Has Finally Arrived
- The Golf Club Video - Playing in a Tournament
- More Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Interviews
Features & Blogs
- NBA 2K15: The Return of the King
- EA Sports UFC: Learn the Vernacular of MMA
- Press Row Podcast - Behind the Scenes at EA Sports Summer Showcase
- Pure Pool Hands-On Impressions
- Wii Sports Club Review (Wii U)
10:18 AM - July 13, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Today should be d-day minus two towards NCAA/College Football 15’s launch.
We should be celebrating the first new-generation effort of collegiate football, with the expected beautiful graphics and enhancements we were expecting all along.
This week should be the kickoff to our sports gaming season, where nearly every AAA game is released over a four month period.
Read More - It Should Be NCAA Release Week...
Saturday, July 12, 2014
09:06 PM - July 12, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports will be releasing NHL 15 screenshots from every NHL arena over the next few months. Today they have released screenshots of American Airlines Center and Rogers Arena.
Previously released arena screenshots:
- Madison Square Garden & Joe Louis Arena
- Consol Energy Center & Staples Center
- TD Garden & The Pepsi Center
- Honda Center & Xcel Energy Center
09:37 AM - July 12, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
For those of you that might be still on the fence, OOTP 15 is on sale for $19.99 until July 16th. For the rest of you that already have the game, patch #4 is available now, check out the details below.
Download links and more information can be found here. In case you missed our review, read that here.
- Improved 3D ball flight engine, using realistic physics-based calculations
- Improved 3D ballpark importer / editor
- Improved memory management resulting in increased stability and speed, especially with large games
- Free agent compensation / arbitration is now more realistic. OOTP correctly assigns FA comp status to all free agent-eligible players who stayed on the team the entire year, and compensation draft picks are only given when the user/AI offered arbitration to this player.
- Draft picks with signability of "impossible" no longer state their demand. You have just one shot to convince the player with a great offer.
- Added the option to hide player nicknames (in the player personality section of the game setup)
- Improved the league events editor. When in commish mode, users can edit the dates of existing events and also create events using the internal event types. That way experienced users may fix problems with events caused by league scheduling errors.
- Improved in-game AI for several situations
- Improved in-game play-by-play commentary
- Moved the "Force Start / Position" section in the player strategy screen from the depth chart strategy to the pitching strategy for pitchers and renamed it "Force Role."
- Re-ordered the items in the team menu to match the order of tabs on the team screen
- Fixed issues with touchpads on Macs
- Fixed several bugs and rare crashes
09:14 AM - July 12, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Chris Sanner
Checking in today with his personal take on the lack of NCAA Football this summer, Owen Good writes that it won't be the lawsuit that does the series in, it will be the lack of a playoff option in old games.
What do you think about the lack of a playoff option in NCAA? Are you going to play last year's game with updated rosters?
Friday, July 11, 2014
02:56 PM - July 11, 2014. Posted by CM Hooe. Written by Steve Noah
Joe Montana tweeted this CG image of himself... Twice, for some reason... with the following hashtags.
He then followed it up with a bunch of pictures from the Legends of Candlestick flag football game, which featured retired players (see the full rosters here) with Joe Montana and Dan Marino quarterbacking the respective sides.
The image Montana tweeted doesn't really match up, does it? Could we get a Joe Montana Football 16 announcement in the coming days or is it just wishful thinking?
With the exclusive license still in the hands of EA, if a videogame version of Joe Montana Football does arrive, it won't have any current NFL player names, likeness, etc.
Maybe it will feature retired players, similar to All Pro Football 2K8? Maybe it's going to be a simple mobile game. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.
Either way, if we do see a football game from Joe, with a 16 at the end of the tweet hashtag, we probably won't see it until 2015. Let's hope for the best.
If anything solid comes from this, we'll update everyone.
UPDATE: Thanks to jlfarris (via FaceMask), it does in fact look like a mobile game is in the works, utilizing Unreal Engine 4.
What are your thoughts?
01:20 PM - July 11, 2014. Posted by DustinT. Written by Dustin Toms
He’s coming home.
LeBron James has announced, via Lee Jenkins of Sports Illustrated, that he will be returning to his roots. LeBron is going back to Cleveland.
After what may have been the most anticipated sports announcement in history, Cleveland fans can finally stop forcing trades in NBA 2K14 to land the King to his original kingdom. Once 2K15 drops in October, LeBron will be on the roster in what is already shaping up to be one of the most dangerous virtual lineups in the history of sports gaming. Here’s a look at the Cavaliers’ projected starting lineup for NBA 2K15.
Read More: NBA 2K15: The Return of the King
12:34 PM - July 11, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
Well, not so much. I quickly learned that a fight between two greats in the octagon is a lot like a game of chess sped up multiple times with extremely violent consequences. Every wrong move is felt, and detrimental to the fighter's odds of winning the fight. Conversely, every right move is cause for celebration - even though there is little time to celebrate it.
Read More - EA Sports UFC: Learn the Vernacular of MMA
11:24 AM - July 11, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Chris Sanner
Lebron James is coming home.
How does this change the NBA, your view of LeBron, and all the other angles to the story you can think of?
11:06 AM - July 11, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of The Golf Club have been submitted to Microsoft and Sony, respectively. So we should get an official release date soon.
10:37 AM - July 11, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 92nd edition of the Press Row Podcast sees host Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) joined by Press Row regular T.J. Lauerman (@thatsportsgamer) on a trip to New York City to get some hand-on time, presentations, and demonstrations of three key EA Sports fall releases. Rich gets a tour of some new features in Madden NFL 15 with producer Danny Doeberling, sits down with the head of NHL 15 Sean Ramjagsingh (@Rammer34), and gets a demonstration of the key elements of FIFA 15 along with a 1-on-1 discussion of it with its lead designer Santiago Jaromillo (@Santiagoj83). Then, Rich and T.J. are joined by fellow Press Row regular Samit Sarkar (@samitsarkar), who also attended the event, to summarize their feelings and compare notes.
It’s a fun episode that – like we love to do here at Press Row – gives you a bit of a peek inside press events to see what goes on at these kinds of sessions.
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 11 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
07:56 AM - July 11, 2014. Posted by jpdavis82. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports released a brief Madden NFL 15 video featuring the new Gauntlet mode yesterday. A couple of sites have posted their previews this morning. If any more show up, this post will be updated.
- Madden NFL 15 Wants You To Be A Student Of The Game (Game Informer)
Thursday, July 10, 2014
04:54 PM - July 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 video. This one features the new Gauntlet mode. I had fun with it at E3, so I might be able to answer a few questions. Otherwise, ask away and I'll get some answers from the Producers.
Is this something you are interested in?
12:50 PM - July 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
GMC is giving you a chance to win an exclusive Madden NFL experience. Check out everything you can win below and if you're interested, sign-up right here.
- Air travel for 2 to Orlando, Florida
- A 3-night stay at a local resort hotel
- A tour of the EA SPORTS Tiburon Studios
- Meet and greet with Madden NFL developers
- A chance to play Madden NFL 15 before public release on 08/26/14.
- $500 gift card
- 2 All-day tickets to a local theme park
- Transportation provided to and from airport, hotel and EA SPORTS Tiburon Studios
- An assortment of EA SPORTS games and apparel
12:09 PM - July 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has just released some more NHL 15 screenshots. These feature Paul Stastny (St. Louis Blues), Christian Ehrhoff (Pittsburgh Penguins), Ryan Miller (Vancouver Canucks), Thomas Vanek (Minnesota Wild) and Jarome Iginla (Colorado Avalanche).