We talk with NCAA Football's Ben Haumiller about Ultimate Team Mode and what to expect!
A look at five features removed from the game that should make a comeback.
Best Buy has inadvertently (or purposefully) leaked more info on this year's FIFA.
A look at what EA Sports' new game(s) which are planned to be revealed at E3 might be...
Amazon has an exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition, according to Polygon's Samit Sarkar, which will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow at a cost of $99.
What's so special about it? Well, it's not as special for those of you that already have the DirecTV service with NFL Sunday Ticket. But for those that aren't subscribers, you can get $10 off every month for the first year and get a full season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max (normally $299.95).
You also get this...
- For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
- For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
- For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
More details here.
Source - Amazon-exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition includes free year of NFL Sunday Ticket (Polygon)
We have just posted 46 more Gran Turismo 6 screenshots. GT6 arrives this holiday season with a demo planned for July.
Codemasters has revealed the full track list (82 of them) for GRID 2. The game ships on May 28th for PC, 360 and PS3.
- Tenshi Way, Okutama [Day & Night]
- Collins Park Ring, Miami [Day & Night]
- Indy Circuit Reversed, Brands Hatch [Day]
- GP Circuit Reversed, Red Bull Ring [Day]
- Arc De Triomphe, Paris [Day & Night]
- Le Trocadero, Paris [Sunset]
- National Circuit, Algarve [Day]
- Infield Circuit, Indianapolis [Day]
- Columbus Pass, Barcelona [Day & Night]
- South Circuit Reversed, Red Bull Ring [Day]
- Memorial Gate, Barcelona [Day & Night]
- Redwood Approach, California [Day & Night]
- Tatsu Valley, Okutama [Day & Night]
- Downtown Speedway, Miami [Day & Night]
- Pacific Way, California [Sunset]
- Big Sur, California [Day & Night]
- GP Circuit, Algarve [Day]
- Fountain Loop, Barcelona [Sunset]
- Championship Circuit, Yas Marina [Day (Pre-order) & Night]
- Shinto Shrine, Okutama [Day & Night]
- Sport Circuit , Indianapolis [Day]
- Saint-Laurent, Cote d’Azur [Day & Night]
- LiveRoutes, Dubai [Day]
- Al Sufouh Strip, Dubai [Day & Night]
- International Circuit, Yas Marina [Day (Pre-order) & Night]
- Ap Lei Chau, Hong Kong [Sunset]
- Riverside, Chicago [Sunset]
- Kowloon Climb, Hong Kong [Day & Night]
- Marine Gate, Barcelona [Day & Night]
- Paddock Circuit, Yas Marina [Day (Pre-order) & Night]
- Pont De L’alma, Paris [Day & Night]
- Nakheel Vista, Dubai [Day & Night]
- Hattan Way, Dubai [Sunset]
- North Circuit, Red Bull Ring [Day]
- Circuit De La Seine, Paris [Day & Night]
- Wan Chai Gap, Hong Kong [Day & Night]
- Causeway Approach, Miami [Day & Night]
- Ocean Drive, Miami [Sunset]
- Torii Rush, Okutama [Sunset]
- GP Circuit Reversed (Pre-order) , Brands Hatch [Day]
- The Loop, Chicago [Day & Night]
- Leopolda, Cote d’Azur [Day & Night]
- Cabrillo Highway, Cote d’Azur [Sunset]
- Mizu Mountain, Okutama [Day & Night]
- Gulf Approach, Dubai [Day & Night]
- Wabash Run, Chicago [Day & Night]
- LiveRoutes, Chicago [Day]
- Route d’Azur, Cote d’Azur [Day & Night]
- GP Circuit (Pre-order), Brands Hatch [Day]
- La Turbie, Cote d’Azur [Day & Night]
- Peak Road Descent, Hong Kong [Day & Night]
- Champs Elysees, Paris [Sunset]
- South Circuit, Red Bull Ring [Day]
- Sakura Pass, Okutama [Sunset]
- LiveRoutes, Miami [Day]
- GP Circuit, Yas Marina [Day (Pre-order) & Night]
- Pebble Beach Drive, California [Day & Night]
- Route De Corniche, Cote d’Azur [Sunset]
- North Circuit, Indianapolis [Pre-Order Bonus] [Day]
- Sport Circuit, Algarve [Day]
- Indy Circuit, Brands Hatch [Day]
- Magazine Gap, Hong Kong [Day & Night]
- Avenue De New-York, Paris [Day & Night]
- Underpass Ring, Chicago [Day & Night]
- Orra Quay Loop, Dubai [Sunset]
- Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong [Sunset]
- High Street, Barcelona [Day & Night]
- Club Circuit, Algarve [Day]
- Lake Shore Point, Chicago [Day & Night]
- Bixby Pass, California [Day & Night]
- GP Circuit, Indianapolis [Day]
- Oval Circuit, Indianapolis [Pre-Order Bonus] [Day]
- Columbus Bay, Barcelona [Sunset]
- LiveRoutes, Paris [Day]
- LiveRoutes, Barcelona [Day]
- South Point Bay, Miami [Day / Night]
- Art Deco Loop, Miami [Sunset]
- GP Circuit, Red Bull Ring [Day]
- South Circuit, Yas Marina [Day (Pre-order) & Night]
- Marina City, Chicago [Sunset]
- Jumeirah Beach, Dubai [Day & Night]
- North Circuit Reversed, Red Bull Ring [Day]
Simfballcritic has posted a new Madden NFL 25 video where he gives out some exclusive blocking information.
Here is a list of some of the things he covered (via californ14), watch the video for more detailed information.
- 5 new "Pull Block" animations.
- 8 new Run Block double team interaction animations.
- 6 new "Reach Blocks."
- 20+ new Pass Block/Pass Rush interaction animations.
- New zone step blocking interaction animations.
- New lateral & vertical displacement animations for OL & DL interactions.
- 30 new blocking schemes.
- All new pass blocking locomotion.
- All new open field targeting system.
- Completely reworked impact blocks and decleaters.
GTPlanet has posted the very first Gran Turismo 6 gameplay video, featuring a few laps around Silverstone’s International Circuit, in the new KTM X-Bow R. They have also posted their hands-on impressions of the game.
EA Sports will be releasing another NHL 14 trailer and blog tomorrow, featuring the all-new One-Touch Dekes and improvements to the True Performance Skating engine. In early June, we'll see something for the Enforcer Engine.
- One-Touch Dekes – Experience what it feels like to be a superstar through a new, more responsive deking system controlled only with the left stick and one-button. From beginner to advanced gamers, the system allows for quicker reactive dekes and intuitive combination dekes, creating more moves than ever before.
- True Performance Skating – Built on the breakthrough innovation that introduced physics-based skating and over 1,000 new skating animations to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise. The second year of the True Performance Skating features greater player responsiveness and unprecedented control through improved balance between speed and momentum, quicker pivots and enhanced lateral skating.
ESPN's Jon Robinson has posted a new Madden NFL 25 article discussing defensive adjustments, including an explanation of the defensive switch assist, which helps players on defense.
EA SPORTS has posted NCAA Football 14 Playbook #3: Ultimate Team. Ultimate Team is one of the most popular modes among fans of titles like Madden NFL, NHL and FIFA, and EA SPORTS is excited to offer it for the first time in the NCAA Football franchise.
In Ultimate Team, fans can build a powerhouse team utilizing the best of the best from their own alma mater, or across all college football. Some of the highlights of Ultimate Team include:
- Over 1,400 former college players available at launch
- Fans can compete in Solo Challenges against the CPU or take part in the new Head-to-Head Seasons mode against other players. Head-to-Head Seasons involves creating a 10-game season with eight increasing levels of competition
- Collections, one of the most addictive features in Ultimate Team, allows fans to collect star players, set lineups, and earn coins, special packs or rare players and items
More playbooks will be announced in coming weeks including NCAA Football Dynasty (May 28th) and Play a Season (June 17th).
EA Sports has posted another Madden NFL 25 blog, this one covers playing defense. In the blog they talk about heat-seeker tackling, defensive recovery mechanic, lunge tackles, defensive awareness, pursuit angles and more.
This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Kotaku has posted their NCAA Football 14 Ultimate Team preview.
1. Is New York's heavy reliance on three-ball and jump-shots losing series against Pacers?
Maybe the clichés are true: You live by the three, you die by the three; the Knicks are just showing their age, or maybe teams built around shooting can't rebound. "During their 26-point Game 2 win over the Pacers, the ... Read More
Anyone who has ever played Madden NFL knows that with each iteration there are changes. There are almost always additions combined with subtractions, whether they be game modes, features, or menu options. In anticipation of Madden NFL 25, we're going to focus on the five features that we miss the most from past editions of Madden.
Read More - The Top Five Features That Should Return to Madden
The Press Row Podcast just detailed everything you ever wanted to know about NCAA Football's Ultimate Team Mode. What do you all think? Will you be checking it out or will you be skipping the mode altogether?
Sound off by voting in our poll to your right on the frontpage and above you in the forums!
This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Gran Turismo 6 is coming this holiday season for the PS3. The demo arrives in July.
GTPlanet has posted the cars list featured in the demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo).
But what about the PS4 version? IGN spoke with creator Kazunori Yamauchi and he had this to say.
New Game Engine
- Compact, nimble operation
- Flexible expandability
- A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
- New suspension and kinematics model
- New tyre model
- New aerodynamics model
- Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
- From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
- Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
- Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
- Cars will be continually added online
- 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
- More new tracks will continue to be provided online
- Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
- A new course generation algorithm
- Players can form their own communities
- Various community levels from local and domestic to global
- Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
- Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
- Quick response
- Shortening of loading times
- Smart Phone