A look at what you should be aiming to do in Franchise Mode.
A look at what this year's mode has done right, and what it hasn't.
An incremental step forward still means a great experience for all baseball fans.
A look at the Presentation in this year's game.
Gran Turismo 6 has yet another update for PlayStation 3 racing fans, bringing it up to version 1.18. It includes the VW GTI Supersport and GT Academy 2015, check out the video here.
Vision Gran Turismo
The "Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo" has been released.
After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.
GT Academy 2015
- "GT Academy 2015" has been added to the "Special Events" section. Eligible countries, schedules and other details will follow in a separate notification.
- We have fixed the issue found after the 1.17 update where the settings of the [Fully Customizable Transmission] were being reset to default after entering a race.
- Improved the engine sounds for the Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo
- Adjusted the deployment timings of the air brake for the Alpine Vision Gran Turismo, Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode, and Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo, when using the (DUALSHOCK®3) wireless controller.
There is a heavy importance attached to the ability to work the count in MLB 15 The Show, especially if you are playing on higher difficulties. Once you graduate to All-Star and above you will notice that no longer will the pitcher groove strikes down the pipe.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter
Nothing gets the virtual nerves going like a good one-on-one battle. For most gamers, this conjures up images of Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, and fighting three rounds to the death. But for me, few things in the gaming world excite me like battling through a tough out during an at-bat.
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but with MLB 15 The Show, I get far more joy when throwing strike three than I do belting a home run. Baseball is often referred to as chess-on-grass. Taking that one step further, each at-bat can feel like its own chess match. You have to think five pitches ahead. Taking it one pitch at a time might earn you an earlier-than-expected trip to the dugout.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Pitcher
For those of you waiting for the official MLB 15 The Show rosters, they are available now. It includes the Craig Kimbrel, Melvin Upton (Braves/Padres) trade. If the team posts an announcement that shows all of the specific changes, we will update this post. If you notice anything, let us know.
UPDATE: The details have been released. There were 33 players added this week.
- Bradley_Archie ARI
- Cunniff_Brandon ATL
- Martin_Cody ATL
- McKirahan_Andrew ATL
- Garcia_Jason BAL
- Johnson_Micah CHW
- Iglesias_Raisel CIN
- Marquis_Jason CIN
- Betancourt_Rafael COL
- Nesbitt_Angel DET
- Wojciechowski_Asher HOU
- Madson_Ryan KAN
- Orlando_Paulo KAN
- Featherston_Taylor LAA
- Blazek_Michael MIL
- Graham_JR MIN
- Gilmartin_Sean NYM
- Canha_Mark OAK
- Ladendorf_Tyler OAK
- Herrera_Odubel PHI
- Kang_Jungho PIT
- Liz_Radhames PIT
- Olson_Tyler SEA
- Andriese_Matt TAM
- Beckham_Tim TAM
- Dykstra_Allan TAM
- DeShieldsJr_Delino TEX
- Kela_Keone TEX
- Verrett_Logan TEX
- Castro_Miguel TOR
- Hynes_Colt TOR
- Osuna_Roberto TOR
- Travis_Devon TOR
- RP Kevin Gausman moved from Orioles Starting to Orioles Relief.
- SP Ubaldo Jimenez moved from Orioles Relief to Orioles Starting.
- SS Everth Cabrera moved from Orioles Bench to Orioles Position.
- SS JJ Hardy moved from Orioles Position to Orioles Minors.
- CF Rusney Castillo moved from Red Sox Position to Red Sox Minors.
- CF Mookie Betts moved from Red Sox Bench to Red Sox Position.
- CP Edward Mujica moved from Red Sox Relief to Red Sox Closer.
- CP Koji Uehara moved from Red Sox Closer to Red Sox Minors.
- CP Brad Boxberger moved from Rays Relief to Rays Closer.
- SP Alex Cobb moved from Rays Starting to Rays Minors.
- SP Chris Sale moved from White Sox Minors to White Sox Starting.
- 1B Nick Swisher moved from Indians Position to Indians Minors.
- SP Justin Verlander moved from Tigers Starting to Tigers Minors.
- CP Joe Nathan moved from Tigers Closer to Tigers Minors.
- CP Joakim Soria moved from Tigers Relief to Tigers Closer.
- LF Cody Ross moved from D'backs Position to D'backs Minors.
- CF Coco Crisp moved from A's Position to A's Minors.
- CF Cameron Maybin moved from Padres Minors to Braves Bench.
- CP Jason Grilli moved from Braves Relief to Braves Closer.
- SP Trevor Cahill moved from D'backs Starting to Braves Starting.
- CF Matt den Dekker moved from Mets Minors to Nationals Bench.
- 3B Anthony Rendon moved from Nationals Position to Nationals Minors.
- RP Jerry Blevins moved from Nationals Relief to Mets Relief.
- 1B Eric Campbell moved from Mets Position to Mets Minors.
- RP Phil Coke moved from Free Agent 1 to Cubs Relief.
- LF Chris Dominguez moved from Free Agent 1 to Reds Bench.
- RP Chad Qualls moved from Astros Closer to Astros Relief.
- CP Luke Gregerson moved from Astros Relief to Astros Closer.
- 3B Matt Dominguez moved from Astros Bench to Astros Minors.
- SP Jeff Locke moved from Pirates Minors to Pirates Starting.
- CF Gary Brown moved from Giants Minors to Cardinals Minors.
- 2B Aaron Hill moved from D'backs Position to D'backs Bench.
- RP Rex Brothers moved from Rockies Relief to Rockies Minors.
- CP Joel Peralta moved from Dodgers Relief to Dodgers Closer.
- CP Craig Kimbrel moved from Braves Closer to Padres Closer.
- RP Joaquin Benoit moved from Padres Closer to Padres Relief.
- CF Melvin Upton Jr. moved from Braves Minors to Padres Minors.
A new MLB 15 The Show Challenge of the Week is available now, for those of you into the mode.
This week, Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez (already with 5 home runs on the young season) goes up against Seattle Mariners ace, Felix Hernandez. There are no prizes this week, but share your scores, if you give it a shot.
OSFM 2015 opening day V.1 rosters are available now for MLB 15 The Show.
To download the roster, follow these simple directions:
- Tab over to the Community tab
- Go to Vaults
- Roster Vault
- Browse Rosters
- Find the #OSFM2015 roster, created by RIDINDWNKINGSL dated 04/12/15 Download it, save it, enjoy it
This is the first of many versions to come. But in my opinion the best we have ever released. Following this will be V.2 with corrections, more edits, more equip etc. Watch for that, no timeline. If you notice any corrections that need to be made, please use this thread.
This set features:
- Full minor leagues
- 25 Man rosters set (big request so we went with 25 instead of 40)
- Edited contracts (thanks to Tabarnes)
- Equip Edits
- DL guys in A ball
For those looking to donate, see Willard76's post below.
- RIDE Release Date Delayed Until June 23rd
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Will Not Include Augusta National
- Jim Beglin Returns to Work on the Commentary For PES 2016
- Forza Horizon 2 Furious 7 Car Pack Available
- 2K Sports Restores NBA 2K14 Servers After Outrage
- NHL 15 Arrives in The Vault For EA Access Subscribers
- NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (4-9-15)
- NASCAR '15 to Release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on May 22nd
Featured Articles and Media
- MLB 15 The Show: Online Impressions After A Week of Playing
- MLB 15 The Show: Presentation Impressions
- MLB 15 The Show: How Has Your Online Experience Been? (Poll)
- MLB 15 The Show Review (PS4)
- The New Gameplay Mechanics in MLB 15 The Show (Video)
- Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious Review
- MLB 15 The Show Review (PS3)
- Some More Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots
- The Masters Not in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour at Launch is...?
- MLB 15 The Show Video - Diamond Dynasty Walkthrough
- MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs
- MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode
- Press Row Podcast - MLB 15 The Show Review Roundtable
- MLB 15 The Show: PS Vita Impressions
- MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Guide
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Guide
We often laud the console versions of The Show for their consistent quality — which, admittedly, might come at the expense of groundbreaking new features. However, this slow march toward perfection is an ideal match for a game that is itself slow to implement change.
On the Vita, however, nearly any change can be hard to spot. Outside of directional hitting and some new animations, MLB 15: The Show feels remarkably similar to last year’s version.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: PS Vita Impressions
This is it! One of the most anticipated episodes of the year is here, as we gather our crew for the annual MLB The Show Review Roundtable. We dive into most of what this year’s premier baseball game has to offer, including on-field gameplay, Road To The Show, Franchise, Diamond Dynasty, and more. Few games offer as varied of a sports experience than The Show, and panelists Kat Bailey, Owen Good, Samit Sarkar, and T.J. Lauerman pull no punches with host Rich Grisham as they break down everything they love and hate.
Be sure to check out Rich Grisham’s review of MLB 15 The Show for GamesRadar right here.
Also check out Kat Bailey’s review of MLB 15 The Show for US Gamer right here.
Joining us this week:
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 38 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
MLB: The Show 15's franchise mode is tremendously deep this year. Most of the legacy issues within the series have been ironed out and balancing budgets with winning is now the mode's biggest concern. This adds a unique twist: Do you go after the star who will almost certainly be attached to a mega-sized contract? Or do you build through the draft and prioritize development? These are things that have to be considered before starting your franchise. So without further adieu, here is our quick guide to franchise mode:
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Quick Guide to Franchise Mode
NASCAR '15 is scheduled to release on Xbox 360 and PS3 on May 22nd for $19.99. The PC version will be available on Steam the same day, but a price was not given. While the press release states it will be available exclusively at GameStop, GameInformer has noted that the game will also be available to download on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Store for those respective systems.
Check out the new NASCAR '15 screenshots here, along with a sizzle trailer and new video featuring a first look and enhancements to the game.
Read the full press release below.
Dusenberry Martin Racing announced today that its NASCAR® '15 racing game will launch exclusively at GameStop for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 22, 2015. The NASCAR '15 PC game is available on Steam® as well.
NASCAR '15 has been updated with all new 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ paint schemes and features the career mode, teams and tracks, and enhanced online multiplayer and leagues. Tom Dusenberry, CEO of Dusenberry Martin Racing said, "While NASCAR ’15 is a legacy game we are excited to offer the updated NASCAR video game at a value price for the NASCAR fan." NASCAR '15 will be sold in stores exclusively at GameStop for $19.99 at launch.
"NASCAR continues to seek ways to engage fans across multiple platforms, and NASCAR '15 is the latest way fans can interact with our sport," said Blake Davidson, Vice President of Licensing and Consumer Products for NASCAR. "The release of NASCAR '15 is the first step in a long-term plan with Dusenberry Martin Racing to take an aggressive approach to create innovative gaming products that puts racing in the hands of NASCAR fans and gamers alike."
GameStop will continue to build on its successful NASCAR team relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing by becoming the exclusive in-store retailer of NASCAR '15. GameStop Merchant Jon Davis said, "GameStop is thrilled to be partnering with the Dusenberry Martin Racing team with its initial NASCAR game launch. GameStop's partnership with Joe Gibbs Racing is a big part of our marketing strategy and having this chance to connect directly with NASCAR '15 game fans make perfect sense for GameStop."
NASCAR '15 will be available in stores exclusively at GameStop starting on Friday, May 22, 2015.
Though its opening week has been beleaguered by technical difficulties, Diamond Dynasty's redesign for MLB 15: The Show has transformed the mode from being a total afterthought in MLB 14: The Show to being something that I somehow want to keep playing, despite all of its mechanical kinks. If Sony San Diego's quality assurance department can squash some of these bugs over the next week or two, then Diamond Dynasty could become one of the better fantasy team modes in sports gaming.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Hits and Whiffs
Another NBA Live 15 roster update has arrived this morning. It includes 3,526 ratings changes, 13 player movement updates, and eight accessory changes.
Below is a list of some of the changes you will see in the roster update. Download the Excel spreadsheet with all of the changes here.
- Isaiah Canaan +3
- Jerami Grant +2
- Allen Crabbe +2
- CJ McCollum +2
- Reggie Bullock +2
- Kent Bazemore +2
- Aaron Brooks +2
- Luke Babbitt +2
- Dorell Wright +2
- Elijah Millsap +2
- Terrence Jones +2
- Alexis Ajinca +2
- Brook Lopez +2
- Gorgui Dieng +2
- Festus Ezeli +2
- Aron Baynes +2
- Gorgui Dieng +2
- Festus Ezeli +2
- Aron Baynes +2
- Austin Rivers -1
- Ersan Ilyasova -1
- Dwyane Wade -1
- Joe Ingles -1
- Terrence Ross -1
- Lavoy Allen -1
- Jon Leuer -1
- Luis Scola -1
- Robert Covington -1
- J.J. Hickson -1
- Chris Kaman -1
- Mitch McGary -1
- Eric Bledsoe -1
- Vince Carter -1
- Damjan Rudez -1
- Adreian Payne -1
- Rodney Stuckey -1
- Udonis Haslem -1
- Rudy Gay -1
- Adreian Payne -1
- Rodney Stuckey -1
- Udonis Haslem -1
- Rudy Gay
NHL 15 is is available now in The Vault for EA Access subscribers. Check out the trailer here.
As an Xbox One exclusive, EA Access gives subscribers ($4.99 a month/$29.99 a year) access to The Vault, which provides full digital downloadable games for NBA Live 15, NHL 15, Madden NFL 15, EA Sports UFC, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25 and Need for Speed Rivals. EA Access subscribers also receive 10% off EA digital purchases and trial versions (typically 6 hours) of EA games before they are released.