Our in-depth review of EA's World Cup title, does it match up to its big brother's greatness?
We talk to MK Knight, the Godfather of the ultra-realistic Full Minors Rosters here at OS.
A basic guide on soccer defense...
A look at the next-gen debut of the Trials franchise.
- First Glimpse of NBA Live 15
- Trials Fusion Trailer - Competition Gameplay, Trials Frontier Available Now
- MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview (SI Extra Mustard)
- The Crew Launches in Autumn 2014, New Gameplay Trailer Released - A Car MMORPG?
- EA Sports UFC Screenshots - Roy Nelson, Glover Teixeira and Mark Munoz
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Trailer - Sights and Sounds
- IGN Hosting MLB 14 The Show PS4 Livestream on Monday, 2:00 PM EST
- 10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14
- Driveclub Video - Graphical Improvements
- MLB 14 The Show Video Comparison Between the PS3 and PS4 Versions
- Forza Motorsport 5 Content Update Arrives Tomorrow, Free Long Beach Circuit
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Included
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Trailer
- MLB 14 The Show PS4 Gameplay Videos (IGN)
- Out of the Park Baseball 15 Available 4/18, iOOTP 2014 on 4/17
- EA Sports UFC Demo Confirmed
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Gameplay Videos
- MLB 14 The Show PS4 Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PSNation)
- MLB The Show Batting Stance - Pitching Motion App Coming Soon (iOS, Android)
- Gran Turismo 6 Update 1.06 Available Now, Details Included
- NHL 14 Dynamic Ratings Update - Kopitar, Nyquist, Vanek, Strome, Crosby & More
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Hands-On Preview (Polygon, Sports on Earth)
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Releases on April 9th - $19.99 For 360, PS3 - $4.99 For iOS
- MLB 14 The Show Online Gameplay Announcement
- MLB 14 The Show Video and Screenshots - The Stadiums (PS4)
- MLB 14 The Show Roster Update - Official April 7 Details
- EA Sports UFC Screenshots and Video - Bruce Lee Revealed, Game Ships June 17th
- Pre-Order EA Sports UFC and Get Bruce Lee, Release Date Set For June 17th
- EA Sports UFC Cover Art Revealed
Features & Blogs
- Sports Daily: Is It Right To Hate On Kentucky Basketball?
- MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today
- Sports Daily: Who Deserves the NBA MVP Edition
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Demo Impressions
- Kinect Sports Rivals Reviewer Impressions
- Press Row Podcast - PAX East Preview with Garnett Lee
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 First Impressions
- Sports Daily: Balls and Strikes Edition
- MLB 14 The Show: Hands-on Preview (PS4)
- Sports Daily: The Madness Is Over Edition
- MLB 14 The Show: Hands-On Preview Video w/New PS4 Footage
- Operation Sports - Dual Threat Podcast: Season 2 - Episode 31: Finals Week
- MLB 14 The Show Interview: Organist Bobby Cressey
- MXGP Review (PC)
Operation Sports' partner FanDuel is running a one-day fantasy baseball league tonight. It's $2 to play, and the winner takes $2,000. The league starts at 7:05 PM EST and ends after the night's last game. Click here to join. Good luck!
As most of you are aware, the NBA Live team has been getting together with many of the NBA teams during the season and capturing their faces for NBA Live 15.
Marc D'Amico unveils the process the Celtics went through to become real-life characters for NBA Live 15. Check out the video clip that actually has a few facial scans that you will see in the game. We've captured some of them here, but make sure you watch the video to see the technology behind it.
A big thanks to @CelticBoyHooks!!
After a few days since R.B.I.'s release on old-gen consoles, what do you think about the game at this point? Be sure to vote in our poll and leave a comment about your overall impressions below!
What excites you more -- jaw-dropping performances by elite athletes or a group of average players that display the very essence of a great team?
More specifically, do you enjoy the model set forth by the Kentucky men's basketball program? By all appearances, it wouldn't be a stretch to label the Wildcats as a stepping stone, not a destination.
The sports purist and team-builder inside of me loathes this model set forth by Kentucky. But at the same time, if it works (and it has -- two title appearances in three years including a championship) and we still complain, maybe that just makes the rest of us 'haters.'
Sound Off: Do you enjoy teams like Kentucky that load up on and lose elite stars yearly, or side with teams built over a longer period of time?
- Hmmm...ninety-three points on 15 shots is pretty decent -- wait, what!? [Image]
- Minnesota beats North Dakota at the Frozen Four on a goal with 0.6 seconds left. [Animated Gif]
- A young Marcus Smart? That flop was a 'flop.' [YouTube]
- The 2014 Masters tournament -- in one epic photograph. [Image]
- DYK? Greenland can't join FIFA due to their inability to grow regulation-length grass.
Ubisoft released another Trials Fusion gameplay trailer today.
Read the full press release below and visit the official website here for more information.
Think you've got what it takes to rule the competition? Go head-to-head-to-head-to-head in intense, local supercross multiplayer, but be sure to make all the right jumps and stick all your landings. Go against the best of the world's best, but be aware that every split-second counts. Whether racing locally against your friends or challenging the top times and scores in the leaderboards, Trials Fusion gives you different ways to take on anyone who dares to attempt stealing your platform-racing crown.
The much-anticipated Trials game for the next-generation will be here on April 16th, 2014 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and on April 24th, 2014 for the PC. Pre-purchase the standard or deluxe edition of the PC version now and get access into the playable Beta program today. Take on an unlimited array of platform-racing challenges in the unreal world of Trials Fusion!
Trials Frontier Now Available
Ubisoft announced that Trials Frontier, the free-to-play mobile title from RedLynx and its best-selling and award-winning Trials series, is now available only on the App Store. The series’ first appearance on mobile devices, Trials Frontier transports players to the distant future where they find themselves the newcomer in a run-down town desperate for a hero.
Players will practice their skills, learning how to race, flip and cruise through tracks as they earn new gear for their bikes and complete missions for the townsfolk in order to prepare for a face-off with the town villain, Butch. As players progress through the game they will unlock new maps, tracks, bikes and fine-tune their racing skills.
Trials Frontier will receive regular post-launch updates that include new bikes, missions and the introduction of infinite multiplayer brawls to keep players competing and racing on the newest bikes. Stay connected with friends through time challenges, leaderboard sharing capabilities and social network integration to prove who has the fastest time.
Players can connect with Trials Fusion, coming out April 16 on console and April 24 on Windows PC, to gain access to bonus rider gear and see what some of the tracks looked like in their prime.
After playing it for two days, Jon Robinson from SI Extra Mustard has posted his hands-on impressions of the PS4 version of MLB 14 The Show and claims it is the best next-gen sports game he has ever seen.
If you have no favorite Major League team, or happen to be bored playing with your favorite team and are looking to resurrect a franchise from the ashes, than you should keep on reading. Sure, it’s easy to grab a team like the Dodgers, Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers, or Yankees and all but guarantee yourself a playoff spot on a yearly basis, or you could travel the unconventional route and pick a franchise whose farm system is healthy, and has at least some talent at the Major League level to supplement the upcoming future prospects.
We are going to take a look at five different teams, their farm systems, and what talent they have on the big league level already.
Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today
Ubisoft is launching The Crew this Autumn and it sounds pretty good, according to this write up from IGN. The creative director stated, "This is an MMORPG that just so happens to feature cars."
Check out the full press release below.
Ubisoft Announces the Crew to Launch in Autumn 2014, Releases Worldwide Premiere Gameplay Trailer
Ubisoft announced that The Crew (see the new screenshots here) will be available this fall for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and PC.
The Crew is a revolutionary action-driving game that takes gamers on an exhilarating ride throughout a massive, open-world recreation of the United States, brimming with exciting challenges and populated by other real players.
The Crew’s worldwide premiere gameplay trailer shows four cars, each with different tuning specs and riding in an iconic region of the United States, forming a crew to continue their journey together across the living, breathing open-world.
From April 8th, players will be able to win exclusive rewards through the Golden Plates treasure hunt. Golden Plates are license plates hidden within the game assets (screenshots, trailers, etc.) that have already been revealed or that will be revealed until the launch of The Crew. At launch, submitting the license plate code into the dedicated website hub will unlock in-game rewards, goodies and mystery rewards.
The Crew is now available for pre-order in two different editions for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Limited Edition will grant early access to rides that will prepare gamers for any road—and off-road—conditions. Players who pre-order this edition will receive early access to the BMW Z4 sDrive35is, Mini Cooper S, and Dodge Ram SRT-10 and their respective sets of full custom and performance parts. The Muscle Edition, which can only be pre-ordered at GameStop, will include all early unlock content from the Limited Edition and will also grant exclusive early access to the 2015 Ford Mustang GT. Both Editions include 10,000 bonus Crew Credits. Players can pre-order The Crew for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at their local retailers.
For more information on The Crew, please visit thecrewgame.com.
When you have a brand to protect and that brand is founded in masculine dominance and ego, it takes a lot to even hint that someone else is more deserving than you when it comes to the top awards in your sport.
But when The King -- and reigning MVP -- was asked who deserves this year's award the most, he may not have shouted it from the rooftops, but even LeBron knows that Kevin Durant has been 'more consistent' throughout this NBA season.
According to ESPN:
|"I would say he's [Durant] the most consistent basketball player as far as the MVP this year, man," James said. "He's put up some great numbers."|
Sound Off: Who is this year's NBA MVP?
- An epic sports movie for the guys that don't deserve one. [YouTube]
- If you're a fan of disc golf -- and even if you're not -- you have to check out this video. [YouTube]
- Why even jump? Just your standard 7'5" high school basketball player. [YouTube]
- Nik Stauskas of Michigan Wolverines has decided to enter the NBA draft.
- Check out these huge hits from the NRL (Australian Rugby League). [YouTube]
The 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil demo has launched and after playing through a few matchups, here are some impressions of the demo:
- The atmosphere is a definitely good thing. World Cup games have always had ‘it’ and this edition is no different. Everything from the menus to the in-game presentation is top-notch as you’d expect.
- The gameplay is definitely faster than FIFA 14. This is probably because a more casual audience is going to inevitably play World Cup 14 — so the game is being made more accessible to the casual soccer fan. With that said, if you loved the momentum and such from FIFA 14 you are probably not going to like the dialing back of it in World Cup.
- The set-piece tactics are actually a huge addition to the game. Being able to have real decisions to make when a corner or free kick comes about makes all of the difference in the world in taking this aspect of the game from rudimentary to actually somewhat exciting.
- The new ball physics and responses from players make this game feel like almost a yearly release from last year’s FIFA. Seriously there are some real and present differences here with players more responsive to controls than in FIFA 14.
- The headers are much better than in the current-gen versions of FIFA 14. You can tell next-gen technology was brought into World Cup just on this alone.
- To me at least, goalkeepers seem to be a bit better than in FIFA Soccer 14.
- I rolled my eyes initially at the Adidas’ Ball Physics, thinking it was a set of minor tweaks to make the game seem ‘different.’ However, after playing through the demo, I actually think I like how the ball behaves in World Cup current gen vs. FIFA next-gen. It’s a small difference, but the ball actually feels like a ball should feel as it rolls and flies around the pitch.
- Overall, the game seems to be geared more towards accessibility and fun rather than simulation realism. This isn't a shock, but some will be put off from buying the game because of that, even though some aspects of the game actually might be at their best levels yet on the current-gen consoles.
EA Sports has just released some more EA Sports UFC screenshots. These feature Roy Nelson, Glover Teixeira and Mark Munoz. More screenshots of other athletes in the game will be released in the coming weeks, prior to the June 17th release on Xbox One and PS4.
Previously released screenshots below.
- Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson
- Chael Sonnen
- Rashad Evans
- Minotauro Nogueira & Demetrious Johnson
- Costas Philippou
- Forrest Griffin & Chan Sung Jung
- Chuck Liddell, Erik Perez, Donald Cerrone & Mike Easton
- Cung Le & Joe Lauzon
- Frank Mir, Jose Aldo & Ricardo Lamas
- Scott Jorgensen & Cub Swanson
- Cain Velasquez, Brad Pickett & Mark Hunt
- Demian Maia & Rory MacDonald
- Rousey, Melendez, Lawler & Henderson
- Carmont, Condit, Dos Santos, Machida & Hendricks
- Fabricio Werdum, Anthony Pettis & Gegard Mousasi
- Miesha Tate, Dan Henderson and Ian McCall
- Dominick Cruz, Josh Thomson, Ronaldo Souza & Nate Diaz
- Bruce Lee
EA Sports has released a new 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil trailer. This one features the sights and sounds of the game.
Some of the features in the trailer are listed below.
- 21 brand new venues, including all 12 of the authentic Brazilian World Cup stadiums
- 19 officially licensed managers
- EA Sports talk radio
- New crowds scenes, including banners, flags and live city events from all over the world
As always, for more information on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, visit our official news page.
IGN will be hosting a livestream of MLB 14 The Show (PS4 version) on Monday, April 14th at 2:00 PM EST.
Hunter Pence of the San Francisco Giants and Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers will battle it out, while Sony San Diego designer, Ramone Russell talks about the game and answers questions.
Having previously experienced the Kinect Sports Rivals demo, I knew something of what to expect in this full release of the first real “Kinect 2.0” motion game. I've only played the retail version for a short while, but what's here does seem to pick up where the demo left off — that is to say, there's some surprisingly good stuff, some acceptable stuff and some bad stuff.
Read More - Kinect Sports Rivals Reviewer Impressions