Our initial impressions on the retail version of the game...
Sean confirms there will be no EASHL, OTP, GM Connected or Live the Life this year at launch in NHL 15 on XB1 or PS4.
A look at HB Studios console Golf title's debut...
A look at how gaming companies are failing gamers in their communications thus far.
Check out the archived video of Driveclub, featuring 40+ minutes of gameplay footage.
Mario Götze has been named as the cover athlete for PES 2015. If you missed the news earlier in the week, the features list was released here.
Read the full press release below.
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced today that Mario Götze is to be lead pack star of PES 2015, with the publisher also confirming that the new football title will be released across North America on all platforms on November 11, 2014.
KONAMI has previously announced a focus around on-field gameplay, with PES 2015 centered on the mantra of ‘the pitch is ours.’ This mantra sees the game faithfully recreating the heart-pumping and nail-biting tension of top-flight football through all-new control elements, including the most authentic close control system ever, new shooting routines, realistic player and team AI that mimics that of the game’s real life counterparts, and enhanced goalkeepers. Based on the focus of PES 2015, KONAMI chose Götze as a player that epitomizes the pace, skill and moments of incredible brilliance that elevate modern soccer with his eye for a pass, intelligent runs, and goal-scoring abilities and the all-round play of the midfielder. Götze will also be prominent in all marketing materials.
Götze heads up PES 2015 on the back of his most successful season to date. The skillful midfielder helped his club team, Bayern Munich, win the German league this year. At just 23 years old, Götze is already a vital player for his club and national teams, and has been described as “one of the best talents Germany has ever had.”
By looking at key facets of modern soccer, the PES Productions Team has completely reworked the game’s features. The shooting and goal-keeping mechanics benefit from a new system that allows precise aim and control over a shot’s power and also unlimited shot styles. Similarly, the goalkeeper’s intuitively close angles are capable of an amazing number of ways to react to any situation. Passing and goal-scoring has also been expanded, allowing for little knock-ons and powerful daisy-cutter passes that use new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves realistically. The close control system also steps up the realism, with the user governing the positioning of a player, but with greater options of how to dribble into space or beat a marker.
The announcement also comes as KONAMI confirms that the game will be released in the Americas for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC (Microsoft Windows) on November 11, 2014. This marks the first appearance of the seminal series on the new wave of console hardware. A free demo will also be available on September 17 across the PlayStation®4, XboxOne, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360 consoles, where users will be able download and experience the most accurate, satisfying and enjoyable football game to date.
OSer DaWolf had the opportunity to attend Gaescom, and was able to get his hands on the sticks with NBA 2K15 for a solid amount of time. With plenty of game time, and a chance to speak with Senior Prodcer Rob Jones, DaWolf put together an impressions piece for Operation Sports as we get closer to the October 7 release date of the next NBA 2K iteration.
NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One) - Read More
EA Sports has just posted a sneak peek NHL 15 gameplay trailer and noted on Twitter that we will see overhead gameplay tomorrow.
Check out the latest WWE 2K15 video from Gamescom, featuring a No Holds Barred match between Randy Orton and Antonio Cesaro.
Just in case you missed them, more WWE 2K15 video links can be seen here.
EA posted a new blog doing a deep dive into the Skills Trainer Mode.
The mode, narrated by Coach Bill Courtney from the documentary Undefeated, will seek to teach real football skills and concepts to players in an environment which rewards them for completing increasingly difficult skills. This will all happen within the Football Concepts portion of the mode.
The first area you will see in Football Concepts will be how to attack coverages. The drills you'll see cover: Attacking Cover 1, Attacking Cover 2, Attacking Cover 2 Man, Attacking Cover 3, Attacking Cover 4, Attacking Cover 6, and Countering the Blitz.
You'll learn how to go through progressions and how each defense works and doesn't.
The next drills deal with passing concepts. Basically, you will learn how to throw passes in certain patterns: Curl Flat Read, Stick Read, Smash Read, Verticals Read, Slant Flat, Flood Read, Levels Pass, Drive Pass, Shallow Cross Pass, Spot Pass, Spacing Pass and Dagger Pass.
Be sure to read the entire blog to get the full details on how the Football Concepts mode will work. You can view screens of the mode here.
Motorcycle gangs, not too long ago, were racing through America's cities and across its deserts, running over every innocent person or unlucky animal that crossed their path, all while beating up any police officers bold enough to chase after the asphalt outlaws.
Read More - Road Redemption: Alpha Build Impressions
EA Sports has announced the details for the NHL 15 Ultimate Edition, which will be available for $69.99 from select retailers. Users will get $40 in content with the $10 upgrade price.
You can pre-order the Ultimate Edition of NHL 15 by visiting Amazon.
Gamersyde has posted another NBA 2K15 gameplay video from Gamescom, featuring the Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs.
If you missed the gameplay footage from yesterday, there are some links here.
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Eagles vs Redskins l Broadcast Camera l CPU vs CPU (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Browns vs Jaguars (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Broncos vs Raiders (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Falcons vs Buccaneers (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Jets vs Patriots (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Browns vs Steelers (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Lions vs Vikings (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Gameplay l Defensive Camera l Ravens vs Bengals (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Pre-Game l 49ers vs Cardinals (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Pre-Game l Ravens vs Bengals (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Pre-Game l Dolphins vs Bills (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Pre-Game l Browns vs Steelers (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Pre-Game l Giants vs Cowboys (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15: Relocation Options (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15: Relocation Logos & Uniforms (GoodGameBro)
- Pulling a 90 Overall Elite Peyton Manning in MUT 15 (GoodGameBro)
- 7 Elite Cards Pulled in Madden Ultimate Team 15 (GoodGameBro)
- Madden Ultimate Team 15: Item Binder Overview (GoodGameBro)
- Madden Ultimate Team 15: Gold Value Pack (GoodGameBro)
- Introduction to Madden Ultimate Team 15 (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15: Overall Team Ratings (GoodGameBro)
- First Look at the Madden Ultimate Team 15 Store (GoodGameBro)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team - Team AiiR faces off w/ Cullenburger (AiiRxJONES)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team - Starting up a dynasty | Starter Pack Opening (AiiRxJONES)
- Madden 15 NEW Gauntlet Mode Next Gen Gameplay - Overview of Challenges & Boss Battles (QJB)
- Madden 15 Player Franchise Next Gen Gameplay - Prototype CB Creation & New Drills ft London Bridges (QJB)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team Next Gen Gameplay - MUT Store, Gold Pack Opening, Team Style & New Look (QJB)
- Madden 15 Owner Mode Next Gen Gameplay - Offseason Free Agency, Scouting & NFL Draft (QJB)
- Madden 15 gameplay - Patriots at Jets 1st half -All Madden (simfballcritic)
- Madden 15 Early Gameplay - ZFarls Vs AntoDaBoss (PrimaGamesVideo)
- Madden 15 Gameplay - Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redskins (AntoDaBoss)
- MADDEN 15 Gameplay: Cowboys at Redskins (CPU vs CPU) 1st Q (madscientist06)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team "Master Pack" Challenge and All Solo Challenges (Miguel "Gator" Lozada)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team "Rookie Pack Opening" MUT 15 (Miguel "Gator" Lozada)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team "Different Team Styles" Selection (Miguel "Gator" Lozada)
- Madden NFL 15 Exclusive Gameplay: Jaguars vs. Texans! - Xbox One - PeterJaguars - Madden 15 Gameplay (PeterJaguars)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team Next Gen Gameplay - Pro Pack Opening, Showing Lineup & New Features (QJB)
- Madden 15 Ultimate Team Next Gen Gameplay - QJB vs AiiRxJONES - Johnny Manziel Clutch (QJB)
- Madden 15 Player Franchise Next Gen Gameplay - Hard Hitting CB Knocks Out Julio Jones Wk 1 (QJB)
- Madden 15 Gameplay: Cowboys at Redskins (CPU vs CPU) 2nd Q (madscientist06)
- Madden 15 gameplay - Geno Smith has inaccurate tendencies (simfballcritic)
PlayStation Access has just posted over 20 minutes of gameplay video footage from PES 2015. Your thoughts?
From Michael Saperstein, one of the developers of the old High Heat Baseball series, as well as Your Turn Football, comes this latest game from Glu Games, Tap Sports Baseball.
Tap Sports Baseball allows you to choose your team and challenge other players in a complete baseball experience featuring simple controls, well done graphics, and deep stats. In short: It's what R.B.I. Baseball should have been -- and it's free to play!
Here are some features:
Current Big League Players
Choose from your real-life favorite players, sign them to your team and climb the standings!
Easy 1-Touch Controls
Tap to bunt or swing and watch the ball fly out the ballpark! Avoid bad pitches and perfect your timing to make contact. Simple controls and short gameplay sessions let you play anywhere, anytime!
Play With Your Friends
Get social and play multiple games with your Facebook friends simultaneously! Link your account so you can invite and see your friends in-game.
Experience Real Baseball Strategy
Bunt, Pinch Hit, Steal and other real game strategies are all included! Make on-the-fly decisions based on the current play with player stats and master each inning in realistic 3D environments.
We're going to have more on Tap Sports Baseball soon, be sure to download the app and let us know what you think! You can find the Tap Sports Baseball on the App Store and on the Google Play Store.
More FIFA 15 gameplay videos have been posted today on YouTube, from day 2 at Gamescom. If the embeds don't work for you, here are the links: (Video #1, Video #2, Video #3)
If you find any FIFA 15 videos, post them below and we will add some of them to this post.
Here is a WWE 2K15 video showing off the entrances for John Cena and Randy Orton.
Just in case you missed them, more WWE 2K15 video links can be seen here.
EA Sports is set to launch a new engine later this year for FIFA World, a new free-to-play game for PC gamers. Check out some of the features.
- FIFA World Ultimate Team – Build your own unique club that plays your style of football and hit the pitch to compete in online and offline modes. Play the 24/7 transfer market and strategically outwit other gamers in buying, selling and trading the world’s greatest superstars to create your Ultimate Team.
- League Mode – Lead your favorite real-world club to victory in Online Seasons and experience the drama of promotions and relegation as you battle against other community players to climb the league tables and reach the top flight.
- Accomplishments – Complete challenges and earn rewards for in-game tasks revolving around gameplay, transfer market, tournaments, online play and more. Check FIFA World daily for limited time accomplishments that reflect activity from the real world of football and accomplish to earn coins, packs and XP!
- Accessible Controls – Play with traditional gamepad devices , keyboard controls or try the new mouse based controls that are simple to use, but a challenge to master; and offer first time FIFA players and casual fans an easy and intuitive way to play. The choice is yours!
- EAS FC Social Hub – Capture and share spectacular goals and beautiful moments you create on the pitch and instantly post them to the in-game social feed. Keep up with your friends’ in-game activity and debate and discuss the latest results and highlights with the community.
- Single Player Tournaments - Enter your Ultimate Team into single player tournaments and challenge football clubs from around the world! Win trophies and you'll unlock new tournaments while earning rewards to boost your squad.
- Feature Tournaments - Every week new featured tournaments put your Ultimate Team in the spotlight, challenging you to beat some of the world’s best clubs to earn even bigger rewards for your Ultimate Team including coins and packs!
- Match Invites – Challenge your friends to an Ultimate Team showdown and see who has what it takes to rule the pitch.
- Player Impact Engine – The physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.
- Pro Player Intelligence - CPU players are infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.
- Tactical Defending - The defending mechanism places equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
- Precision Dribbling - Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
- Complete Authenticity - 31 officially licensed leagues, more than 600 clubs and 16,000 players.
Improved Gameplay To Bring A New Level Of Authenticity To Free-To-Play Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. has announced that EA SPORTS™ FIFA World, a new free-to-play* game for PC, is set to launch a new game engine that will give fans an even better, more realistic, football experience. By removing the barriers of having access to a console or a high powered PC, EA SPORTS FIFA World brings the FIFA experience to more gaming and football fans around the globe. Available in 9 languages, fans with an average spec laptop or desktop PC and a broadband Internet connection can play a fun, free*, authentic football game, driven by live content and featuring real players and real clubs from over 30 officially licensed leagues.
Since being announced at Gamescom 2013, EA SPORTS FIFA World has seen more than 3.5 million registrations from over 180 countries register to play the Beta, with over 45 million total matches played. Based on fan feedback, over 20 major updates have been made to the game, including gamepad and keyboard-only controls, as well as Accomplishments - a new feature that captures compelling storylines from the real world of football as they happen, challenging and rewarding fans to recreate and re-live these defining moments in EA SPORTS FIFA World.
“In FIFA World we have created a live service platform that allows us to fundamentally change the game by adding new features and modes through regular updates, all while keeping fans engaged with dynamic live content that follows the real world of football,” said Executive Producer Mike McCabe. “After almost a year of working closely with our fans we are very excited for our biggest update yet - a brand new game engine.”
The award-winning development team at EA Canada has adapted some FIFA HD** fan favorites with a number of new features to bring EA SPORTS FIFA World’s new game engine to life. With smarter AI, teammates will adapt to your style of play by making better attacking runs in the opponents half. Off the ball, improvements to Defensive AI result in better marking and run tracking. Game-changers like First Touch Control and Complete Dribbling redefine how players control and run with the ball, making offensive play feel even more authentic. An improved Player Impact Engine brings real world physics to the game like never before, to the point where each challenge and tackle feels realistic and rewarding. Upgrades to the Keyboard and Mouse Controls and Tactical Free Kicks are only some of the other improvements fans can expect with the new engine.
To complement the new game engine, fans can expect a number of updates in the coming months with new features such as video sharing, which will allow fans to upload their goal replays directly to YouTube, as well as roster updates, new kits, boots and club badges, as well as the addition of the Turkish Super Lig.
Start building your club in EA SPORTS FIFA World for free* by registering here.