Operation Sports Content
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
04:41 PM - May 2, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
GTPlanet has posted some new footage of Gran Turismo Sport, featuring the Porsche 911 GT3 RS at Nurburgring Nordschleife.
03:12 PM - May 2, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The MLB The Show 17 patch v1.05 hit your consoles yesterday and thus far, the community is reporting some good things with the newest patch. Here’s a round-up:
- Quick Counts and pitchers being pulled has largely been fixed. There’s still some instances people are reporting where pitchers may be getting pulled too soon — but overall the game is delivering a much more realistic experience here.
- Similarly, pitchers aren’t pulled nearly as fast in managed games either. The whole management system of when a pitcher is pulled seems to have been improved quite a bit.
- The bat sound has been fixed and sounds much better. (Thank goodness).
- Some are reporting home runs are the same as they’ve ever been, which wasn’t addressed in the patch but community members have shown some concern HRs are too frequent in this year’s game.
- Bunting is much improved, less frequent more ‘rocket bunts’ are being reported though they’re still there. As one note, its likely rocket bunts are more frequent with players who are bad at bunting vs. those who are good.
- There was some work done on the balls in the dirt/catcher throwing runners out that wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes. It seems most still feel this isn’t quite right, but some reports of improvement were mentioned.
- Online play issues continue at least off and on for users. There are some structural things like pause time getting some complaints as well. As for the servers, there are still reports of having issues with lag and freezes but by most accounts the game seems ahead of where it was a couple of weeks ago.
The patch looks to have improved the experience in most ways in the game. At this point, more than a month after release, the game has come a long way and there's more than enough reason to jump in if you have been hesitant to. Just keep in mind that the online experience of the game still isn't completely smooth, but overall MLB The Show 17 is playing the best game of baseball we've ever seen on consoles.
OS’ers are discussing the new patch in our patch notes thread on the forum. Be sure to report your own results for these and other issues below in the comments as well!
12:38 PM - May 2, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The beautiful thing about a new Madden in August is that the rosters for all 32 teams will look at least slightly different -- if only because the draft brings in a crop of new talent each and every year.
Because of that, teams do feel different and new approaches are developed by Madden players to take advantage of the tweaked rosters. With that said, this year's NFL Draft First Round didn't actually feature a ton of players you'd label as Madden game changers.
In fact, many of the picks were players who's importance in Madden has never been as high as a good RB, WR, or QB. I purposefully limited myself to five picks and because of that if you are an offensive lineman in any way you just had no chance to make this list. Ditto for most defensive players sans a good edge rusher.
So with that said, here's the five players I think will change Madden the most in Madden NFL 18...
Read More - The Five Rookies from the First Round Who Will Change Madden the Most
Monday, May 1, 2017
08:32 PM - May 1, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Brian Mazique, AKA FranchisePlay, has just uploaded his annual NBA 2K17 Ultimate Legends roster on the PlayStation 4, complete with more than 250 legends on all 30 teams.
Download "The Ultimate Legends Roster 3" from his PSN ID - franchiseplay99.
04:39 PM - May 1, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
And maybe we can spend time on that in a future video?
But today we're looking at bunting. When you should do it (if you are going to) and what situations makes the most sense. Of course, there's a lot of different situations you just can't cover in a 3 minute video...so we're going to keep it broad. We trust you are smart enough to fill in the gaps.
- Don't bunt with two strikes. Just don't.
- Don't bunt with two outs. Generally this is the rule, but there are exceptions here, especially with a really fast baserunner and an effective baserunner.
- Do bunt to catch the defense off guard. If the third baseman is in a shift and playing deep, a good bunt is going to get you on a lot. The catch-22 here is most hitters who a shift is done for don't bunt all that well.
- Do Bunt to move a runner with a specific end goal in mind. You shouldn't be bunting down 4 runs, but if you are tied in the 9th with a runner on first with 0 outs? Kinda makes sense then.
So let's get to it, when should you bunt in MLB The Show 17, watch the video above and leave your own comment below!
03:18 PM - May 1, 2017. Posted by TreJayMMA. Written by Steve NoahThe Nerdist Channel has posted quite a few NBA Playgrounds beta gameplay videos. Check them out and post your thoughts. The game is scheduled to released later this month.
06:14 AM - May 1, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahMLB The Show 17 patch 1.05 is available now, check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.
Sunday, April 30, 2017
09:58 AM - April 30, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Old Time Hockey Delivers an Experience for Hardcore Puck Fans Only
- Infinite Minigolf Coming to Xbox One, PS4, PS VR & Switch This Spring
- MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
- MLB The Show 17: Work the Count As a Batter to Increase Your Hits
- A Comprehensive Guide to NBA 2K17 Bronze Badges (NBA2kLab)
- The Golf Club 2 Launches on June 27 For PS4, Xbox One, and Digital PC - New Trailer
- Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels Expansion Arrives on May 9 - New Trailer
- New Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/26/17
- DiRT 4 Gameplay Trailer & Achievements Revealed
- Porsche is Coming to Gran Turismo Sport - New Trailer
- MLB The Show 17 Diamond Dynasty: Market Evolving Despite Instability
- Press Row Podcast - Spring Break(down)
- FIFA 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See
- Official MLB The Show 17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (4-28)
- MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 4/28/17
Friday, April 28, 2017
04:09 PM - April 28, 2017. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
A new roster update and a new pack of cards went live today for Diamond Dynasty. The pack of cards is the April 28 Bases Loaded Pack.
The main draw of this pack is you are guaranteed a single Griffey equipment item to hopefully help you finish that portion of the Diamond Program. It costs 2,000 Stubs and you are limited to five packs. My personal recommendation is to pass on this pack of cards. You're very likely to just get duplicates of the Silver equipment items -- even with a triple chance of a Diamond player, with only 3 player items per pack it's not good math on that end either.
On the roster update end of things, the biggest change is that Freddie Freeman is now a Diamond player. This should make finishing the Braves collection much more expensive moving forward.
Other major changes include:
-James Paxton jumping from a Silver to a Gold.
-Bryce Harper becoming an even more dominant Diamond.
-Raisel Iglesias becoming a Gold, which gives the Reds their first Gold player of the season (Votto is a Diamond).
-Wil Myers going from Silver to Gold, which again should make the Padres collection a little more pricey to finish as this is the first Padres player to go Gold.
-Ivan Nova, Chris Devenski, Ervin Santana, Jason Vargas and Dylan Bundy jumped from Bronze to Silver players.
-Jason Heyward and Curtis Granderson jumped from Bronze to Silver.
-And Eric Thames was finally added to the game, and he comes in at a 82 overall, with 80 power against lefties and righties.
-EDIT- OS user PRBoricua has also pointed out the Player Spotlight mission for the All-Star Ken Griffey Jr. has been altered so you now have unlimited Ranked Seasons games to get the 10 home runs and 22 RBIs to unlock the Breakout Ken Griffey Jr.
04:05 PM - April 28, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The official MLB The Show 17 roster update is available now.
Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Bryce Harper +4 (94), Mookie Betts +1 (94), Freddie Freeman +4 (92), Craig Kimbrel +2 (88), Carlos Carrasco +2 (87), James Paxton +5 (85), Raisel Iglesias +3 (85), Wil Myers +1 (85), Chris Devenski +8 (84), Brad Brach +4 (84), Cesar Hernandez +3 (84), Marcell Ozuna + 2 (83), Eric Thames + 8 (82), Ivan Nova +5 (82), Ervin Santana +3 (82), Danny Duffy +1 (82), Carlos Gonzalez -2 (82), Rougned Odor -2 (82), Jose Abreu -2 (81), Jason Vargas +5 (80), Dylan Bundy +4 (80), Jason Heyward +2 (80), Devon Travis -3 (80), Andrew Benintendi +2 (79), Addison Russell +1 (79), Luis Severino +5 (78), Chase Headley +3 (78), Miguel Gonzalez +4 (77), Steven Souza Jr +4 (77), Ryan Zimmerman +4 = 77), Mitch Haniger +9 (76), Aaron Judge +8 (76), Taylor Motter +5 (76), Jacob Barnes +22 (75), Mark Reynolds +5 (75), Chase Anderson +4 (75), Franklin Gutierrez -4 (75), Jharel Cotton +13 (74), Andrew Triggs +10 (74), Grant Dayton +28 (73), Kendall Graveman +2 (73), Brad Peacock +9 (71), Seth Smith +2 (70), Antonio Senzatela +8 (68), Trey Mancini +6 (68), Amir Garrett +5 (68), Shane Peterson +5 (63) and much more.
PLAYERS ADDED THIS WEEK
- Covey, Dylan - CHW
- Bonilla, Lisalverto - CIN
- Bonifacio, Jorge - KAN
- Junis, Jake - KAN
- Thames, Eric - MIL
- Valdez, Cesar - OAK
- Lively, Ben - PHI
- Pivetta, Nick - PHI
- Neverauskas, Dovydas - PIT
- Osuna, Jose - PIT
- Cordoba, Allen - SDG
- Diazl, Miguel - SDG
- DeJong, Chase - SEA
- Arroyo, Christian - SFO
- Hu, ChihWei - TAM
- Bass, Anthony - TEX
- CF Jackie Bradley Jr. moved from Red Sox Minors to Red Sox Position.
- 2B Brock Holt moved from Red Sox Position to Red Sox Minors.
- 3B Pablo Sandoval moved from Red Sox Position to Red Sox Minors.
- SS Troy Tulowitzki moved from Blue Jays Position to Blue Jays Minors.
- SS Ryan Goins moved from Blue Jays Bench to Blue Jays Position.
- RP J.P. Howell moved from Blue Jays Minors to Blue Jays Relief.
- 2B Jason Kipnis moved from Indians Minors to Indians Position.
- SS Jose Iglesias moved from Tigers Position to Tigers Minors.
- 1B Miguel Cabrera moved from Tigers Position to Tigers Minors.
- CP Bud Norris moved from Angels Relief to Angels Closer.
- CF Rajai Davis moved from A's Position to A's Minors.
- 1B Danny Valencia moved from Mariners Position to Mariners Bench.
- SP A.J. Griffin moved from Rangers Starting to Rangers Minors.
- LF Matt Kemp moved from Braves Minors to Braves Position.
- 1B Ryan Howard moved from No Team to Braves Minors.
- SS Adeiny Hechavarria moved from Marlins Minors to Marlins Position.
- SS Miguel Rojas moved from Marlins Position to Marlins Bench.
- SS Trea Turner moved from Nationals Minors to Nationals Position.
- CP Jeurys Familia moved from Mets Minors to Mets Closer.
- CF Jake Marisnick moved from Astros Bench to Astros Minors.
- SS Jhonny Peralta moved from Cardinals Position to Cardinals Minors.
- 3B Jedd Gyorko moved from Cardinals Bench to Cardinals Position.
- SP Shelby Miller moved from D'backs Starting to D'backs Minors.
- 2B Logan Forsythe moved from Dodgers Position to Dodgers Minors.
- 2B Chase Utley moved from Dodgers Bench to Dodgers Position.
- CF Joc Pederson moved from Dodgers Position to Dodgers Minors.
- SP Jarred Cosart moved from Padres Starting to Padres Minors.
03:46 PM - April 28, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Fraser Gilbert
With EA Play just around the corner, it won’t be long until we get our first look at FIFA 18. The next entry in EA's bestselling soccer series will incorporate the Frostbite engine for the second year running, and has already been confirmed to feature a second season of story mode, The Journey, which debuted in FIFA 17.
Ahead of the inevitable reveal, I've taken this chance to highlight a few things I'd like to see in FIFA 18 later this year. Be sure to add your own ideas to our wishlist in the comments below.
Read More - FIFA 18 Wishlist: Features We'd Like To See (Written by: Fraser Gilbert)
06:14 AM - April 28, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
In this week’s episode of the Press Row Podcast, host Bryan Wiedey and Rich Grisham have a follow-up discussion on last week’s topic regarding consumer unrest before moving on to address other subjects. Those include whether it’s a good or bad idea to continually tinker with fundamental elements of games such as the constant changes being made to shooting in NBA 2K17, the potential of the upcoming arcade-style game NBA Playgrounds, what the WNBA could mean for NBA Live 18, and a handful of listener questions.
Joining us this week:
Thursday, April 27, 2017
01:54 PM - April 27, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Elliott Jenkins
Regardless of pre-order rewards, Stub totals, or returning player bonuses, the best place for overwhelmed newcomers to start is the Chris Archer Rookie Program. Play Vs. CPU games will boost Stubs, acquire stats for other challenges, and chip away at the Chris Archer missions. For example, acquiring Tropicana Field is easy, grabbing a Tampa Bay Rays hexagon in Conquest is (in theory) easy. That being said, after watching the Tampa Bay Rays territory get consumed by the Atlanta Braves and Miami Marlins in my first attempts to complete this hexagon mission, I started Conquest anew and bolted straight for Tampa Bay. I was actually able to acquire the territory (via sim no less) in only two Conquest games, which was a significantly easier departure from previous attempts.
Read More - MLB The Show 17 Diamond Dynasty: Market Evolving Despite Instability
12:14 PM - April 27, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PlayStation revealed Porsche would be coming to Gran Turismo Sport a few weeks ago. Today, Polyphony Digital has confirmed it and released a new trailer. This will be the first appearance for Porsche in the series, Gran Turismo Sport is scheduled to be released later this year.
09:38 AM - April 27, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Codemasters have just posted the first official gameplay trailer for DiRT 4. The trailer features ‘Instigators’, by Grace Potter - one of the songs from the in-game soundtrack that has been created for DiRT 4 in an exclusive partnership with Globe, Universal Music UK’s in-house sync team.
The agreement with Globe will see over 40 licensed tracks appear throughout the game, matching DiRT’s unique style and tone, and includes exclusive tracks from artists such as The Amazons, Sigma, Freak and Pretty Vicious alongside tracks from The Chemical Brothers, Disclosure, Queens Of The Stone Age and Bastille.
On another note, XboxAchievements have posted the DiRT 4 achievements.