How does the spiritual successor to the popular 90s game stack up thus far?
How do the game's ratings stack up?
Some ideas to make Madden more of a sim for the next year...
What is the formula the Patriots and Falcons used?
Operation Sports Content
Monday, February 13, 2017
05:09 PM - February 13, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
GameStop has just posted their MLB The Show 17 MLB Monday video, featuring some of the new features coming to Diamond Dynasty to keep you engaged throughout the upcoming baseball season.
The team has added head to head seasons, a new mode called Events and much more. Watch the video to learn more and post your thoughts.
04:18 PM - February 13, 2017. Posted by smiley3. Written by Steve Noah
Game Informer has just posted their interview with MLB The Show 17 game designer, Ramone Russell, giving us 48 more details about the game, including Diamond Dynasty, smarter A.I. (as well as more less-than-perfect-but-realistic), new ball physics, the importance of animations, and much more.
They have also included a couple of screenshots showing off the faces of Max Scherzer and Anthony Rizzo from MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB The Show 17.
We have listed some of the details below. Make sure to read the full article here and post your thoughts.
- The game has over 1,000 new gameplay animations, including non-perfect/mistake animations, which the game didn't have in the past.
- Russell estimates that there are somewhere between 25-50 new home run swings.
- Uniform detail has also improved, including a slider for sleeve length.
- Russell says the team is doing something for PS4 Pro, but can't talk about it yet.
- The old 17 heads used through the years are gone and have been replaced by 49 heads based on different archetypes.
- There are 22 new facial hair sets, including some modeled after players such as Josh Donaldson and Dallas Keuchel.
- The team is doing different body modeling for the game to represent more body types. This includes a new husky body type and sliders for hips, glutes, shoulders, and spine length in the player creator.
01:11 PM - February 13, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Skate 3, which was added to the Xbox One backward compatibility list back in November of last year, is available now in The Vault for EA Access members.
EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
For those of you that missed the news last month, EA is not presently making Skate 4, shutting down speculation that they might be.
10:22 AM - February 13, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Scott
Many football fans purchase Madden year after year with the lofty hopes that the game will mirror the actual sport they love as closely as possible. And while the folks at EA continue to take strides in the right direction in terms of making this dream a reality, there are still a number of areas in which improvements are needed if the game is ever going to measure up to what we see on the field on Sundays (and Mondays and Thursdays and every other day of the week NFL games are now held).
Read More - Six Ways to Make Madden More of a Simulation
Sunday, February 12, 2017
12:00 PM - February 12, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- GTR 3 Announced, Scheduled to Arrive in 2018 For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 & PC
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Behind Designing the NEW ERA 9FIFTY Hat
- How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18
- The Golf Club 2 Features Trailer & Interview with Producer Shaun West
- WWE 2K17 Available Now For PC
- More GTR 3 Screenshots
- MLB 9 Innings Manager Impressions (iOS)
- Codemasters Looking For F1 2017 Beta Testers
- Retro Winter Sports 1986 Impressions (iOS/Android)
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Gameplay Improvements & Animations Expansion
- Breaking Down the MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Enhancements Trailer
- Forza Horizon 3 Playseat Car Pack Available Now
- Alternate NBA All-Star Game Lineups
- Operation Sports NBA 2K17 Expansion MyGM Episode 5: Draft Scouting Tips
- Project CARS 2 Announcement Trailer - 170+ Cars, 60+ Tracks, Arrives in Late 2017
- NBA and Take-Two Launching NBA 2K eLeague in 2018, Teams Operated By NBA Franchises
- Mastering Pace of Play in NBA 2K17
- The Best Young Players to Sign in NBA 2K17: Centers
- MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Gameplay, Animations & Retro-Mode Deep Dive
- MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Livestream Breakdown
- Final Madden NFL 17 Roster Update Available Now, All Injuries Removed
- NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC Scheduled to Arrive on February 17
- How to Build a Super Bowl Champion in Madden
- Madden NFL 17 Draft Champions Update Adds QB Round, Updated Draft Pool & More
- NBA 2K17 Patch 1.11 Available Now, Resolves Matchmaking Issues Some Users Experienced
- Hot Wheels Coming to Rocket League on February 21
Saturday, February 11, 2017
04:10 PM - February 11, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Hot Wheels and Rocket League join forces on February 21 with two iconic street machines. Bone Shaker and Twin Mill III (each car sold separately - $1.99) come with wheels and six exclusive decals to customize your rides in the Garage. Check out the trailer here.
Source - Rocket League
Friday, February 10, 2017
10:22 PM - February 10, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K17 patch 1.11 is available now for PlayStation 4, soon for Xbox One. The patch resolves matchmaking issues that some users were experiencing.
05:15 PM - February 10, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has sent out another Madden NFL 17 Draft Champions update, check out the details below.
- Added a QB round. The first round of every draft will now consist of 3 QB options. After the QB round there will be no other QB’s shown in the draft. This is to give users more variety in the positions they get to choose from while drafting.
- Updated Legend Round. The pool of players in the Legend round has now been updated to account for some of the more up to date Legend items in MUT. The older Legends that were taken out the Legend round can now be found in the normal draft pool. Legend round is now 2nd round of draft instead of first.
- Updated Draft Pool. The players in the draft pool have now been completely updated. We will look to continue to update the draft pool throughout the remainder of the year.
- Updated Base Team. Base teams have been updated to now consist of all Gold player items.
10:18 AM - February 10, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Danny Webster
The New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons took separate paths to take part in one of the most memorable Super Bowls of all time, but they both fit the mold of success.
The Patriots have been at the top of the football world for the last decade and a half. They've built a consistent winner. The Falcons, meanwhile, have took some time to get to their first Super Bowl since 1999. The Patriots have had the same general structure for many years while the Falcons have had to tweak their plans during the same span.
But the point is if you're in the middle of a franchise and trying to win a Super Bowl, you're going to need a plan. These two teams came up with a plan, and you can execute a plan if you have the right mindset in Madden.
Read More - How to Build a Super Bowl Champion in Madden
Thursday, February 9, 2017
10:59 PM - February 9, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NASCAR Heat Evolution DLC is scheduled to arrive on February 17. The free DLC will include quite a few new paint schemes. The team also mentions more will be announced before it is released, so stay tuned.
FREE paint schemes include:
- Tony Stewart: Bass Pro Shops/Ducks Unlimited, #AlwaysRac14g
- Kevin Harvick: Busch Light, Busch Light (Chase), Busch, Busch (Chase), Orange Busch Hunting (Chase), Busch Throwback
- Joey Logano: Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil, AAA (Chase), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 16), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 12), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 8), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 4)
- Chris Buescher: CSX (Chase)
- Carl Edwards: Arris (Chase)
- Austin Dillon: Breast Cancer Awareness/American Ethanol (Chase)
- Chase Elliott: Mountain Dew, Kelley Blue Book
- Landon Cassill: ThePeteStore.com
- Michael McDowell: Thrivent Financial
- Casey Mears: Geico Sonoma, Geico Texas
- Paul Menard: Menards/Richmond Water Heaters, Menards/Moen, Menards/Dutch Boy
- Regan Smith: Citizen Soldiers
- Ryan Ellis: Dustless Blasting, Union/EJ Wade
- Matt DiBenedetto: Texas Police, NASCAR Heat Evolution #49, JAS
- Trevor Bayne: AdvoStrong
10:36 PM - February 9, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The final Madden NFL 17 roster update of the season is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams. All players are now fully healthy and free from injury.
You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below.
- Tom Brady +1 (Overall 96)
- Julian Edelman +1 (Overall 89)
- Marcus Cannon +1 (Overall 88)
- DeMarco Murray +1 (Overall 87)
- Melvin Gordon +2 (Overall 85)
- Alan Branch +3 (Overall 82)
- Trey Flowers +1 (Overall 81)
- Robert Alford +1 (Overall 80)
- Deion Jones +2 (Overall 80)
- James White +2 (Overall 80)
- Nate Solder -1 (Overall 87)
- Matt Forte -2 (Overall 84)
08:12 PM - February 9, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
We had our own MLB The Show 17 twitch stream, right after Sony Interactive Entertainment had theirs. Make sure you are subscribed to our Twitch channel, so you get notified when we go LIVE.
In this MLB The Show 17 gameplay breakdown, Millennium runs through the entire stream and points out plenty of details you might not have noticed. Give it a watch and post your thoughts and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
05:08 PM - February 9, 2017. Posted by Speedy. Written by Steve Noah
Sony Interactive Entertainment has just started their MLB The Show 17 Twitch stream. Watch it here.
The team will be discussing gameplay, animations and retro mode. Post your thoughts!
UPDATE: Here is the link to the archive, for those of you that missed it.
09:59 AM - February 9, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Joel Smith
One thing that is thoroughly enjoyable (for me at least) is taking my team and building a powerhouse based on youth and potential. The team might be average to begin with, but after a season or two -- and some improvement in player ratings -- my young studs usually grow into seasoned monsters.
I’ve taken the liberty of listing the top five young players at each position who have high potential and a high ceiling. You can target these players to help your team immediately, or after a few seasons of growth. The players are listed based on in-game overall; potential and basic info can be seen as well.
Read More - The Best Young Players to Sign in NBA 2K17: Centers
09:34 AM - February 9, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
There are so few players who transcend pace of play. Guys who can beat you in the halfcourt just as easily as they can beat you on a break are rare, leaving most teams scrambling to find a pace that works for them.
NBA 2K17 does a wonderful job mirroring these different types of players. Take, for instance, Marc Gasol. What Gasol (92 strength) lacks in speed and agility, he makes up for in strength and awareness. Slowing down with Mike Conley Jr., a similarly crafty player in the halfcourt, and running a play to utilize Gasol’s strengths is a winning strategy. It’s slower and often eats a ton of clock, but it works. Memphis has built a team that grinds out wins via low-scoring affairs.
Unfortunately, dictating pace of play isn’t as easy as it sounds. Game flow, a phrase that doubles as pace of play, is an idea being recognized by coaches everywhere. Oftentimes, you’ll flip on a game of basketball and find two teams butting heads over the tempo of the game. One team, like Memphis, may wish to slow things down while another team, let’s say Phoenix, wants to hurry things up.
Read More - Mastering Pace of Play in NBA 2K17