MLBAM's debut on consoles probably could have gone better...
A look at the multi-sport party game from Microsoft taking advantage of the Kinect 2.0.
If you are looking for a long term challenge in franchise mode, here are five clubs to consider.
Operation Sports Content
Monday, April 7, 2014
The MLB 14 The Show team has been looking closely at the online issues in the game and have posted an announcement, as seen below.
11:15 AM - April 7, 2014. Posted by smiley3. Written by Chris Sanner
We just received a new video from Sony of MLB 14 The Show featuring the new and improved stadiums in the game. The video centers around the theme of "The Cathedrals Are Better."
We have also grabbed plenty of screen captures from the video. You can take a look at them in the screenshots section.
- PS4 allows for individual blades of grass to be modeled allowing for more realistic striping of playing surfaces.
- Up to 1,000 unique character models in the stands. Kids will be amongst the spectators.
- Bat boys are included.
- Better color depth and accuracy, especially for night games. Seriously watch the video it looks amazing.
If dangerous speeds, challenging rivals, plausible physics and deadly collisions are necessary parts of a functioning motorsport simulation, then MXGP is a stranded machine, stuck at the starting line with a set of flat tires.
Read More - MXGP Review (PC)
09:34 AM - April 7, 2014. Posted by dran1984. Written by Steve Noah
The official MLB 14 The Show roster update is available now. Click here to see all of the details.
With assistance from HustlinOwl, registered users can download the offline file here.
08:14 AM - April 7, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
As mentioned yesterday, EA Sports UFC will ship on June 17th. Bruce Lee was also revealed as the Mystery Fighter and will be available via pre-order.
Today EA Sports has given more specific details. By pre-ordering the game, you will get instant access to Bruce Lee. Otherwise, all you need to do is complete the career mode on the Pro level.
Check out the EA Sports screenshots featuring Bruce Lee, right here and read the press release below.
Electronic Arts Inc. and the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC®) announced today that Bruce Lee, “The Father of Mixed Martial Arts”, will make his historic first step into the Octagon® in EA SPORTS™ UFC, launching June 17, 2014. Fans can pre-order today to get instant day-one access to Bruce, or they can complete the game’s career mode at Pro difficulty to unlock him. Players can fight with the legend across four different weight classes and test his legacy against the best of the best in the UFC. To see Bruce Lee realized in game, watch the EA SPORTS UFC Gameplay Series: Bruce Lee Reveal, the first cinematic trailer from EA SPORTS UFC that was released today.
“I am so excited about this opportunity to bring my father back to videogames!” said Shannon Lee, Bruce Lee’s daughter, CEO of Bruce Lee, LLC and Chairperson of the Bruce Lee Foundation. “I’m thrilled that fans can now interact with him in a new way. The EA SPORTS UFC development team has been incredible to work with, and they've done a great job capturing the look and feel of my father. I think people will love getting a chance to fulfill a fight fantasy by playing Bruce Lee in the new UFC game.”
“There’s no debate, Bruce Lee is the father of mixed martial arts,” said Dana White, UFC President. “He believed not one style of fighting was the best and that you had to have a little piece of everything to be a complete fighter. He was proven right when the first UFC event took place in 1993.”
“It has always been part of our vision to have Bruce Lee, the most iconic martial artist of all time, in the first ever EA SPORTS UFC,” said Brian Hayes, Creative Director, EA. “The team is very excited and tremendously honored to have the privilege of bringing Bruce Lee to life in our game. We’ve been working closely with the Bruce Lee team to ensure we represent the legend with as much visual and gameplay fidelity as possible.”
Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE technology, EA SPORTS UFC is built from the ground up exclusively for Gen 4 platforms, EA SPORTS UFC captures the human athleticism, physiology and emotion of the athlete like nothing before it. Step into the Octagon® and Feel the Fight with every strike, takedown and submission.
Read more about the Bruce Lee addition below.
Sunday, April 6, 2014
04:50 PM - April 6, 2014. Posted by djblue. Written by Steve Noah
It looks like the "Mystery Fighter" for EA Sports UFC (which was scheduled to release later tonight) has leaked out. According to NeoGAF user Coolade, users will be able to get instant access to him by pre-ordering the game.
Also shown in the picture is the June 17th release date. If and when we get confirmation, we'll update this post.
02:27 PM - April 6, 2014. Posted by sportsfan8812. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the official EA Sports UFC cover art, as seen from their Facebook page.
11:49 AM - April 6, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Releases For PS3 on April 8th, 360 on April 9th?
- Pre-Order Kinect Sports Rivals and Receive Exclusive In-Game Gear and Outfits
- NASCAR '14 Patch Moves to Final Testing Phase, More Details Included
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Data Pack 4 Arrives For PC on April 8th
- Sports Video Game Uniforms Aren't Simple to Make
- The NFLPA is Holding a Contest for a New NFL Mobile Game
- EA Sports UFC Screenshots - Dominick Cruz, Josh Thomson, Ronaldo Souza & Nate Diaz
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Video - New Skills and Celebrations Tutorial
- Gran Turismo 6 Update Arrives Next Week, Adds GPS Visualizer
- MLB 14 The Show Video - Community Challenges
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Soundtrack
- MLB 14 The Show Day 1 Digital Pre-Order Has Started (PS4)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Demo Available Now For 360 & PS3
- MLB 14 The Show First Live Roster Update Arrives on April 8th
- Trade in Your PS3 Copy of MLB 14 The Show and Upgrade to the PS4 Version For $19.99
- MLB 14 The Show Video - The Little Things
- MotoGP 14 Screenshots (PS4)
- NBA 2K14 Video - Rise Above (Shady00018)
Features & Blogs
- Press Row Podcast - MLB 14 The Show Review Roundtable
- MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch
- MLB 14 The Show Review (PS3)
- MLB 14 The Show: Basic Pitching Tips
- Sports Daily: $25 Corndog Edition
- Sports Daily: Tiger Woods To Miss the Masters
- Four Reasons to Play Out of the Park Baseball
- MLB 14 The Show: Initial Impressions
- Sports Daily: The End of Scholarships?
10:55 AM - April 6, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
GoodGameBro has released version 5 of their Madden NFL 25 free agency roster update for the Xbox One and PS4. It includes some of the players listed below, as they stay on top of all the free agent moves.
- DeSean Jackson (Eagles to Redskins)
- Champ Bailey (Broncos to Saints)
- Carlos Rogers (49ers to Raiders)
- Kenny Britt (Titans to Rams)
- Ryan Clark (Steelers to Redskins)
- Danieal Manning (Texans to Bengals)
- Anthony Dixon (49ers to Bills)
- Mike Williams (Buccaneers to Bills)
- Nolan Carroll (Dolphins to Eagles)
- Jacoby Ford (Raiders to Jets)
- Dimitri Patterson (Dolphins to Jets)
- Patrick Chung (Eagles to Patriots)
- Owen Daniels (Texans to Ravens)
- Darrius Heyward-Bey (Colts to Steelers)
If you want to try them out, go to Madden Share and download the GGB2014FREEAGENCY roster for Xbox One (search for WhoIsDo) or PS4 (search for Paakaa10). For more details on the roster click here.
Saturday, April 5, 2014
02:26 PM - April 5, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS.
Polygon spotted an April 9th release date for the 360 version of R.B.I. Baseball 14 on the official Xbox website yesterday. Checking on the website today, it appears the date has been removed.
PSNStores shows a release date for April 8 for the PS3 version (subject to change).
UPDATE: PlayStation.Blog doesn't have it listed.
UPDATE #2: Looks like April 9th for 360, PS3 and iOS, later for Android, X1 and PS4.
We still haven't received any official word on the price, or release date, other than a Darren Rovell tweet, about a month ago, where he stated the game was arriving on April 10th for 360, PS3 and mobile devices with no word on the Xbox One and PS4 versions.
If we hear anything more, we'll update this post.
12:11 PM - April 5, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Kinect Sports Rivals arrives on April 8th. If you pre-order (or have already pre-ordered through Amazon, you will receive exclusive in-game gear and outfits, which includes 12 outfits (6 per gender for each sport) and 5 props.
Friday, April 4, 2014
02:29 PM - April 4, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
In the 78th episode of the Press Row Podcast, our terrific panel dives deeply into as many aspects of the PS3 and Vita version of MLB 14 The Show that they can fit! Over the course of nearly two hours, the team talks about their initial impressions, the new user interface, general gameplay mechanics, how they individually approach hitting, pitching, and fielding, the new Player Lock and Quick Counts features, Road To The Show, and the overall online experience including some early Online Franchise reactions. It’s a jam-packed episode that anyone who loves baseball won’t want to miss.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Weidey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- TJ Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 48 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
11:47 AM - April 4, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
MLB 14 The Show had a lot riding on a smooth online experience for users this year, with several new online experiences in the offing giving baseball gamers a chance to have connected experiences like never before.
The problem with that is The Show series has consistently in the past been plagued with online server issues and this year seems to be no exception. A quick perusal through Twitter looking for people's comments on the online functionality yields few, if any, positive comments and reports.
Pasta Padre posted a report on his experiences experiences with regards to online play, with quite unflattering results. His experiences do seem to be the norm within the community though:
Sports gamers have now witnessed two otherwise stellar games hampered with online issues over the past six months -- with NBA 2K14 having major issues with it's online servers and in-game functionality around the 2013 holiday season and now MLB 14 The Show introducing major new efforts with regards to online play which, at least at launch, do not fully function.
This raises questions on why several titles have chosen to focus on online functionality only to have that functionality be non-functional when the game launches -- thus hampering a major selling point of the title. While it is likely The Show will have its online issues fixed sooner rather than later, you have to wonder if the future where online connectivity is emphasized is truly any better than the days where simply putting the disk in and playing local offline games was the norm.
What have your experiences with MLB 14 The Show online been like on PS3?
11:23 AM - April 4, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
As the immortal Babe Ruth once said “Baseball is the greatest game in the world, and it deserves the best you can give it.” Over the years, the development group at SCEA San Diego has found a way to do just that. The MLB The Show franchise from SCEA San Diego has widely been recognized as one of the best sports series going, and rightfully so. This year the development team finds themselves for the second time, in a transition period. The team was faced with the task of trying to keep the ball rolling on the PS3 and Vita, and start it on the PS4. The question now is, should you bother grabbing the PS3 version, if you have a PS4 system that is eagerly awaiting the date of May 6th?
Read More - MLB 14 The Show Review (PS3)
11:23 AM - April 4, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS.
After releasing NASCAR '14 patch details about a month ago, the team has gone into the final testing phase and added some more details.