A few tips on how to play the game better than you probably are right now...
The Golf Club's Season Mode is a worthy addition to the franchise...
A look at this year's newest edition of the F1 series.
The indie football game doesn't quite live up to its promise...at least initially.
So this ended up being more of a normal update rather than a big re-ratings change. Most people you would expect to go up, went up because they've been on hot streaks. Guys who seemed "underrated" stayed that way unless they had been in the midst of a string of good games.
That being said, Chris Sale and Zack Greinke were long overdue for boosts and they each got them. Greinke went Diamond, and Sale solidified his Diamond status. Bryce Harper is another big winner as he got a boost in his rating even with his move to right field.
Lorenzo Cain and J.D. Martinez are two other players who went Gold this week. In the case of Cain it felt like a "finally!" moment, while with Martinez he's just been murdering the ball and got fast tracked to Gold tier.
Gerardo Parra and Cameron Maybin are two others who have been very good as of late and got boosts, while Charlie Blackmon further cemented his status as a good platoon option against right-handed pitchers.
(All thanks go to Daddy Leagues for these numbers! They're so on the ball I no longer have to sync up before and after roster update video clips to do all the changes myself.)
- Lorenzo Cain went from Silver to Gold
- J.D. Martinez went from Silver to Gold
- Roberto H. Hernandez went from Common to Bronze
- Jon Niese went from Bronze to Silver
- Brad Hand went from Common to Bronze
- Jeanmar Gomez went from Common to Bronze
- Gerardo Parra went from Bronze to Silver
- Zack Greinke went from Gold to Diamond
- Gonzalez Germen went from Common to Bronze
Read More - Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (7-20-15)
Owing to the success of the US Women's National Team, and the Women's World Cup, EA Sports today announced Alex Morgan, Christine Sinclair, and Steph Catley will all be appearing on separate covers of FIFA 16 when it releases this fall.
Believe it or not, all three women will be the first to ever be featured on a FIFA cover. Morgan will appear on the US covers of the game, Sinclair on the Canadian covers, and Catley on Australian covers.
“It is an incredible honor to be one of the first women featured on the cover of EA SPORTS FIFA,” said Morgan. “I know people all over the world play this game and I’m really excited that FIFA 16 is putting such an important spotlight on women’s soccer. And now to share the cover with today’s greatest player is surreal.”
“This year’s World Cup showcased the unbelievable talent and skill in women’s soccer,” said Sinclair. “I’m thrilled that EA SPORTS is celebrating female athletes in FIFA 16. To be featured in the game and to promote women’s soccer with Alex is really special and another exciting step for women in sports.”
“As soon as we knew Women’s National Teams were joining FIFA 16, we immediately recognized that Christine and Alex would be the perfect cover athletes based on their accomplishments and what they represent for their respective countries and the sport of women’s soccer," said David Pekush, Sr. Manager of North America Marketing for EA SPORTS. "They are exhilarating players and exude heart and courage on the pitch, and we are extremely proud to be working with them this year.”
Look for more news on FIFA 16 in the coming weeks.
EA Sports has just revealed the top 10 Madden NFL 16 rookie ratings, along with a video of some of those rookies reacting to their ratings.
Below are the top 10 rookies in Madden NFL 16. More ratings on these players can be seen here.
- Amari Cooper (82 OVR)
- Jameis Winston (81 OVR)
- Todd Gurley (80 OVR)
- Leonard Williams (80 OVR)
- Brandon Scherff (80 OVR)
- Dante Fowler (79 OVR)
- Melvin Gordon (78 OVR)
- Kevin White (78 OVR)
- Marcus Mariota (78 OVR)
- Vic Beasley (77 OVR)
GameStop Madden Mondays have returned. Today's video showcases the new Draft Champions mode.
Microsoft and EA Sports have just announced their Madden NFL 16 Xbox One bundle, which includes an Xbox One console with a 1TB hard drive, a full download of Madden NFL 16 and a one-year subscription to EA Access. You can pre-order on Amazon for $399.99, with a scheduled release date of August 18.
Read the full press release below.
Football fans, rejoice: The Xbox One bundle you’ve been waiting for is here, just in time for football season. Featuring an Xbox One console with a 1TB hard drive, giving you tons of space for games, a full download of Madden NFL 16 to play when the game launches on Aug. 25, plus a one-year subscription to EA Access, the Xbox One Madden NFL 16 Bundle is built for sports fans.
Madden NFL 16 brings back your favorite Madden NFL modes: Connected Franchise, Ultimate Team, and last year’s new mode, Skills Trainer. Plus, it introduces brand-new modes like Draft Champions, a Madden-style take on fantasy football. New and improved controls give you way more playmaking options on both ends of the play, whether you’re a quarterback or a wide receiver fighting for the ball in the air. And the new presentation modes make the whole thing look, feel, and sound like a prime-time broadcast. All in all, you’ve got a massive new Madden NFL experience to keep you busy for many, many hours.
Plus, if you’re a fan of any EA game, the Xbox One Madden NFL 16 bundle with one year of EA Access is a dream come true. On top of access to The Vault, a collection of awesome EA titles that are free to play anytime, and saving 10 percent on all EA digital purchases, EA Access gives members the chance play upcoming EA games on Xbox One for a limited time before their release and the ability to keep your progress if you decide to purchase the game. That’s right, with EA Access, you can take Madden NFL 16 for a spin beginning on Aug. 20 before the full game launches on Aug. 25 only on Xbox One.
And don’t forget, Xbox One is the official game console of the NFL, so you can enjoy the NFL experience with the NFL on Xbox One App, and the ability to watch games right from your console.
Available for $399 USD, you can pre-order the Xbox One Madden NFL 16 Bundle at participating retailers now. The bundle hits stores Aug. 18, a week ahead of the full game’s launch on Aug. 25. Let’s get ready for some football!
More than five years ago, I reviewed the first digital version of Blood Bowl, a traditional table-top miniatures game based on high fantasy football. That game was reissued about a million times, including multiple versions on the PC and a recent mobile release. While all of these versions offer an interesting challenge and unique gameplay, each was hampered by various issues that kept the title from greatness.
Now, Blood Bowl 2's kick off date is imminent. Can this update fix the problems of a 5-year old game based on a 30 year old ruleset? Based on recent press, I'm confident that it can. Let's look at the issues that plagued the earlier (primary 360) title and how the sequel looks to fix them.
Read More - Blood Bowl 2 Preview
The official weekly MLB 15 The Show roster update is available now. The update adds 11 players and includes 113 player movements. The "Big Update", scheduled to release around the All-Star break, is still being worked on.
Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Bryce Harper +1 (95), Chris Sale +2 (95), Zack Greinke +2 (94), Joey Votto -2 (89), Nelson R. Cruz -2 (88), Michael Brantley -2 (87), Justin Upton -4 (86), Lorenzo Cain +1 (85), J.D. Martinez +4 (85), Ian Kinsler -2 (84), Eric Hosmer -1 (84), Matt Carpenter -3 (83), Hector Santiago +2 (83), Charlie Blackmon +1 (82), Cameron Maybin +3 (81) and more.
Check out all of the other details below.
Driveclub game update 1.20 is available now, weighing in at .5GB. The update introduces ELITE Driver Levels, new club Leaderboards for every Tour event, updates to Club Challenges, a new 'Random event' feature for quick play, options to tune or disable the camera shake settings, filters for your Garage and Car Select menus, new Photo Mode filters and frames, and many more improvements.
It also paves the way for the Driveclub Horsepower Expansion Pack, scheduled to arrive on July 28, which includes 11 new tour events, 5 new trophies and the following cars:
- Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K
- Nissan GT-R NISMO
- McLaren P1 GTR
- Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R
- Ferrari FXX Evoluzione
Full details for the Driveclub Game Update 1.20, can be seen below.
Download & installation
- The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game (or you can "Check for Updates" on PS4 for the game).
- The update size is 0.5GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 10.84GB.
- ELITE Driver Levels are now available above Level 60. You'll have to prove your skills on the track as well as reach the required number of Tour Stars and Fame Points to earn these ELITE Levels! Every new Driver Level has a reward too.
- New 'Random Event' in DRIVE lets you quickly get behind the wheel and try something different. It's perfect for creating new Challenges!
- Club Challenges now show all Club Members participating and individual leaderboard positions to make it more rewarding and competitive for everyone taking part.
- New Club Leaderboards for every Tour event: go and get your Club ranked in your favourite events as soon as you update the game!
- Improved camera shake and new Gameplay Settings option to adjust the camera shake intensity - or turn it down completely for a silky smooth drive.
- New Gameplay Settings option to turn Face-offs on or off, for those of you who prefer the pure thrill of the race without any distractions or extra opportunities for earning Fame.
- New Garage options to filter the vehicles so that you can more easily find the car you're looking for.
- Adds new filters and frames to Photo Mode.
- Adds the ability to toggle ghosts on and off in Time Trial and Drift mode, by using left on the D-Pad.
- Stunning new #PS4share photo added to the loading screen (Credit: http://bit.ly/1I4UI8V).
- Updated Credits with personal messages, special thanks and new members of the team!
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
- Adds support for the Horsepower Expansion Pack (download from PlayStation®Store) - which includes the Horsepower Car Pack and Horsepower Tour Pack.
- The Horsepower Car Pack includes: Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K, McLaren P1 GTR, Nissan GT-R NISMO, Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R and the Ferrari FXX Evoluzione.
- The Horsepower Tour includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Collect every star in the Horsepower Tour to earn a new bonus Livery.
- Adds support for the UniteInSpeed Tour Pack (download from PlayStation®Store).
- The UniteInSpeed Tour Pack includes 11 new Events and 5 new Trophies.
- Collect every star in the UniteInSpeed Tour to earn a bonus Livery.
- Adds support for two new livery packs coming to PlayStation®Store. Each Livery Pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your cars with.
- Private lobbies! This is our main focus now that the servers are running smoothly and the PS+ Edition of DRIVECLUB is live.
- DRIVECLUB companion app: We'll have more news on this soon.
- More free cars: There isn't a new free car coming in July but we've got some awesome cars lined up for you in August and September!
- More Cars & Tours: The packs coming in July mark the end of the Season Pass but not the end of DRIVECLUB! We have much more coming so stay with us.
- More Game Updates: We're committed to keeping the game fresh and enjoyable for you, so we will continue to make improvements and add features based on your feedback. Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help us continually evolve the game around you.
Axis Football 2015 was released on Steam this past week for $19.99 for the PC. To celebrate the release, we sat down to chat with developer Danny Jugan to talk about what the game is right now -- and what he hopes to accomplish with it in the future.
Read More - Axis Football 2015 Interview: A Look Into the Future of the Franchise
Driveclub has just announced the Horsepower Expansion Pack, scheduled to arrive on July 28. Check out the trailer here.
It includes 11 new tour events, 5 new trophies and the following cars:
- Ferrari LaFerrari FXX K
- Nissan GT-R NISMO
- McLaren P1 GTR
- Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R
- Ferrari FXX Evoluzione
EA Sports will reveal the Madden NFL 16 rookie ratings tomorrow, along with reactions from each player.
Have any predictions?
Looking back at last year, this is what the rookie ratings in Madden NFL 15 looked like before the start of the season.
- DE - Jadeveon Clowney - Houston (83 Overall)
- OL - Greg Robinson - St. Louis (83 Overall)
- OLB -Khalil Mack - Oakland (81 Overall)
- OL - Jake Matthews - Atlanta (81 Overall)
- WR - Sammy Watkins - Buffalo (80 Overall)
- S - Calvyn Pryor - New York Jets (79 Overall)
- DL - Aaron Donald - St. Louis (79 Overall)
- S - Haha Clinton Dix - Green Bay (79 Overall)
- OL - Taylor Lewan - Tennessee (79 Overall)
- QB - Blake Bortles - Jacksonville (78 Overall)
- CB - Darqueze Dennard - Cincinnati (78 Overall)
- WR - Mike Evans - Tampa Bay (78 Overall)
- OL - Zack Martin - Dallas (78 Overall)
I posted my big predictions article last Sunday. The thought was that we would be getting a big All-Star break re-ratings update. That obviously did not happen, so this is more just a reminder that my predictions have already been made for this week.
If the re-ratings update does not happen on Monday for some reason, I'll assume it's not happening at all and go back to a normal predictions-style article next week.
- Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update Details (7-13-15)
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Prologue Win and Loss Scenarios
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Online Multiplayer Details, PlayStation-Exclusives
- Madden NFL 16 Achievements Revealed
- MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Stock Watch (7-13-15)
- Fan Yells "Baba Booey" in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (Vine)
- MLB 15 The Show Celebrates All-Star Week With A Simulation of the Game
- MLB 15 The Show Video - Home Run Derby Simulation - Who Do You Think Wins It Tonight?
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Gameplay Trailer
- Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Livestream on TwitchTV
- Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Available Today - Post Your Impressions Here
- Madden NFL 16 Will Once Again Feature Interactive Intro - This Time in the Super Bowl
- Rocket League Review (PS4, PC)
- NHL 16: Official Gameplay Balance Video, Trailer and Blog
- NBA 2K16 Has Summer League in MyGM & MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online, Team Relocation, More
- NBA Live 16 Screenshot - Carmelo Anthony
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: First Impressions
- What Do You Think of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Thus Far?
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Shot Aiming Tips
- WRC 5 Gameplay Video - VW Polo R WRC 2015 on Vodafone Rally de Portugal
- FIFA 16 Video - Gameplay Improvements For Defense, Midfield & Attack
- Could NBA 2K16 Feature Real Colleges? We Dissect...
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Day Two Impressions
- FIFA 16 Video - Moments of Magic, Dynamic Crossing, Interception Logic, Defense, More
- Nick Young is HILARIOUS in NBA 2K
- 2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16?
- Some New Madden NFL 16 Screenshots
- Grab 2 Free Porsche Cars in Forza Horizon 2 Until July 24
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Review
- NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay, Customization, EASHL, Cycling & More
- More NBA Live 16 Gameplay News Arrives Tomorrow - Lillard & Jabari Parker Screenshots
- Bases Loaded Coming to PlayStation 4 in Japan, No Word Yet on Other Regions
- Should College Sports Games Return in the Future? (Poll)
- PES 2016 Could Have the Ability to Share Option Files on PlayStation 4
- MLB 15 The Show Diamond Dynasty Heavy Hitters Pack Available Now (12K Stubs)
- NBA 2K16 Michael Jordan Special Edition In-Game Content Image, More Pre-Order Details
- $60 Million Settlement Approved by Judge in NCAA Licensing Suit...
- Press Row Podcast - Rory McElroy PGA Tour Interview with Ryan Ferwerda & More
- NBA Live 16: Freestyle Control and Player Movement
- NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Sabres, Blue Jackets, Sharks, Jets)
- Project CARS Patch 2.5 Details Revealed, Available Now For PC
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour wasn't reviewed in the greatest light earlier this week from us, but we wanted to give the online options a bit more time before writing any opinions on how they're stacking up. Not since Tiger Woods 14 have fans of the sport of Golf had an outlet to play golf online, at least on a console. The tagline for the game claims that users can hit the links, and “golf without limits”. While that tagline may be catchy, it’s not necessarily correct.
What does Rory McIlroy PGA Tour offer fans who have waited so long to hit the digital course online? Let's dive in and find out.
Read More - Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Online Modes Review
Project CARS patch 2.5 is available now for PC users, fixing a number of crash bugs. Most of the fixes and new features listed below, will make their way to consoles on the patch 3 release.
We spent a lot of time working directly with a number of users who were struggling with game crashes, and resolved as many of these as we could. The various fixes in this patch should help a great deal in making the game more stable for those of you who were experiencing these instabilities.
Pitting, tuning, setups
- Fixed a case where the in-game tuning Setup was not being saved under certain conditions.
- Fixed the issue with cold and current tyre pressure mismatches in pitstop strategy, as well as cold pressure not being correctly applied in the tyre system.
- Ensure that the Default pitstop strategy is selected as the Active one when starting a new session.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong vehicle setup would at times be applied to the player’s current vehicle.
- Fixed another case of where cars would sometimes leave the pits with an invisible reattached wheel.
- Fixed an issue with the Pit Strategy screen where the displayed values did not reflect the saved settings.
- Fixed an issue in online races where the pit crew would ignore any changes made to the pit strategy once the player’s car was stationary in the pit box.
- Reworked some tyre compound names as displayed in the setup screen to ensure that all compounds are named to be indicative of the type of compound it represents in the pit strategy screen.
- Restrict the selectable pit strategy tyre compound types to only those available for the current vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where the Drive button would remain permanently locked when joining an in-progress session.
- Fixed an issue where, when the player progressed from qualifying to the start of the race, the player’s car would sometimes begin moving without player, resulting in false jump-starts.
- New Feature – Implemented the ability via menu sliders for the user to manually tweak the menu spring strength, stationary / low speed spring strength, and overall steering gain.
- New Feature – The Force Feedback Calibration screen now features a multiple force feedback profile selection whereby the user can select a base FFB style that suits personal preference, and then tweak it further as desired. This will then create a ‘Custom’ entry in the profile selection list in addition to the current options: "Default" (matches the FFB default settings in Patch 2.0) and "Classic” (matches the FFB settings in the original release).
- Fixed an issue with sudden loss of FFB after a crash.
- Reduced the strength of the menu spring for custom wheels.
- Fixed an issue where Mouse controls were showing a deadzone in the centre regardless of deadzone setting.
- Fixed an issue where rumble on the gamepad could at times cause the game to slow down.
- Added support and profiles for the Logitech G29 and G920 on PC
- Added accelerator slip vibration to the wheel rim of Fanatec wheels where available, and fixed brake rumble not working.
- Formula A – Added a new tire set which now includes two slick tires - soft and medium. Also rebalanced the heating and wear across all four tyre sets. Wear will now more closely match real-world Formula cars. Heating is more even front to rear also. Further rebalancing of the AI speed as was required, and tweaks to the base setup to accommodate the heat change.
- Modern street cars - New stiffer tyres for improved drivability to more closely match the real world experience, making these cars more fun and engaging to drive. Made tweaks to the individual setups of the FWD and most Supercars to accommodate the change.
- Mclaren P1 - Stiffened up the default suspension to help prevent bottoming out at tracks like Nordschliefe.