Sports Interactive's football sim received a makeover, but its still as good as ever.
Don't expect a revolution this year, just another step forward for the franchise...
It's not flashy or brilliant, but it'll do just fine for this year.
General first impressions after a few days with the game...
The week 11 Operation Sports Fantasy Football league is open! It's $5 to enter and first place wins $100 this week. Here's the link.
To recap week 10, guily84 beat the field with an against-the-grain roster from top to bottom. Only 1 of his players was owned by more than 8.2% of the field. The key picks were Marshawn Lynch with his four touchdown performance (8.2% owned), and Dez Bryant (3.6% owned) and his two touchdown day against the Jaguars in London.
Congratulations to all the winners! Here's guily's lineup.
Good luck in week 11! Here’s the link.
The 109th episode of the Press Row Podcast is a special episode, taking a look at how the mainstream and independent media have to change their approaches to covering games in the current market. Polygon’s Owen Good and PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey join host Rich Grisham to reflect on the first year of the PS4 and Xbox One launches. It’s startling just how many titles – sports games and otherwise – have suffered crippling problems at launch and beyond. Should “Day 1” reviews exist anymore? Why do sites tolerate embargoes that lift after the retail release of a game? Should sites refuse post-launch embargoes over all? How can a game properly be covered after launch – and is there an audience for that coverage? Do sports games get a fair shake when compared to other AAA titles with much larger teams and longer development times?
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@PastaPadre)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@OwenGood)
- And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
- Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
- Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090, Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast) , and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1:18
After releasing their first NHL 15 roster update last month, EA Sports has released another for November.
It is available for all consoles, reflecting the current lineups in the NHL, AHL Liga, SHL, DEL, Extraliga ledniho hokeje, and National League.
ROSTER UPDATE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS*:
Xbox One & PlayStation 4:
- In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’ under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters.
- In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster Management)
- In the Roster Management section, select (Download Rosters)
- In the Download Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’
Fire up those consoles and post your thoughts.
Are you tired of playing hockey games where the puck seems superglued onto skaters' sticks? Have you ever wished that stick handling and shooting required more skill than simply touching one button? Do you dislike how easy overhead cameras have made it to pinpoint open passing and shooting lanes? Are you bored of dominating simplistic AI that never adjusts to your tactics and follows the same easy-to-beat routines every single shift? If so, you should try Hockey?, a free multiplayer-only PC game created by Cryptic Sea.
Read More - Hockey? Prototype Offers A Free First-Person, Physics Based Game on PC
NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive every day and this year Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.
NOTE: Posting the same thing every day in this topic does not make it more likely for you to get an answer, or see your suggestion implemented in the roster. If you aren’t seeing your requests fulfilled in these updates, trust that there is a reason as to why. It is possible that it is something that Mike doesn't directly work on. If you have a suggestion or a complaint, post it once or PM Mike and move on.
Check out what's new in today's roster update.
Just a small update today. Here are the notes!
- Austin Daye- Nike Kobe 8
- Lebron James- Lebron XII
- Eric Bledsoe- Lebron XII
- Avery Bradley- Add right mid calf sleeve
- Rajon Rondo- Add headband
- Jeff Teague- Remove hand wrap
- Mike Muscala- Remove compression pants. Add knee sleeves
- Derrick Favors- Remove arm sleeve
- Trey Burke- Remove arm sleeve
- Trevor Booker- Remove compression pants. Add knee sleeves. Change to medium socks
- Iman Shumpert- Remove Hex Pads
- Quincy Acy- Change protective wristband to white at home
- Ronnie Price- Remove arm sleeve
- Alan Anderson- Add right wrist wrap
- Deron Williams- Add right hand wrap
- Tyreke Evans- Remove left knee sleeve
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope- Remove right wrist wrap
- Andre Drummond- Remove compression pants. Add hex pads. Add left rubberband. Change to medium double socks
- Dwight Howard- Change hex pads to red for home and away
- Lance Thomas- Remove hand wrap. Add left knee hex pad
- Jeremy Lamb- Add left padded calf sleeve. Add right wrist wrap
- Zach LaVine- Remove calf sleeves. Add compression pants
- Paul Pierce- Add right elbow small band
-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)
WWE 2K15 - Sting vs The Undertaker (More videos can be seen throughout the day on TonyPizzaGuy's channel)
WWE 2K15 XBOX ONE - NEW ROYAL RUMBLE Gameplay (More videos can be seen throughout the day on ShakeDown2012's channel)
WWE 2K15 Next Gen Gameplay - Full List of All Unlockable Characters & More (More videos can be seen throughout the day on IpodKingCarter's channel)
WWE 2K15 (Xbox One) - AJ Lee vs Nikki Bella (w/ Brie Bella) FULL MATCH (More videos can be seen throughout the day on CMPuLs3's channel)
WWE 2K15 (PS4) - Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose - HIAC (UPDATED ATTIRES) (More videos can be seen throughout the day on TeemingTubbyEmu's channel)
NBA All Net is a licensed card collecting free to play experience on mobile devices and tablets featuring 3D graphics and several game modes. Players can take part in various games where they can relive historic career highlights of NBA players, survive the Road to Glory, battle their way through tournaments, take part in competitive leagues or compete in Ranked Matches and rise to the top of seasonal Leaderboards. Future updates include new player cards, additional game modes, and weekly events which will continue to keep NBA fans excited throughout the season.
Additional Highlights Include:
- A roster of over 500 NBA players from both past and present.
- Collect, manage and customize a roster of up to 300 players.
- PVE: play Legendary Match and relive your favorite player’s career highlights.
- PVP: compete in weekly tournament and matches to outrank them all.
- Build your five most powerful player lineup leveraging equipment, training, and evolution to become a top competitor.
- Keep track of your favorite teams throughout the NBA season with live standings.
- Full 3D match view; vividly see your superstar’s abilities, tactics, and teamwork.
Published by KICK9 Inc, NBA All Net is available as free-to-play on the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. You can find NBA All Net in the App Store right now. You can also download the game on Google Play for Android Users.
UPDATE: The game seems to be available in certain regions for iOS devices, it will not arrive for Android devices until November 26th.
In my review, I panned Madden NFL 15's presentation because of its commentary and a few other glitches in the matrix. Honestly, as the game has aged I feel like several other aspects of the presentation have noticeable flaws within them as well which have become even more visible.
Here are five things I think next year's game needs to really work on to be a clear step above this year's:
- Improve the commentary. This goes without saying, as I think this might be the most obvious place Madden needs help. Lines need to be accurately delivered at the last, with the announcers being more aware of what's going on. Even more importantly, the depth of lines needs to be about double what they are to prevent so many darned repeated one-liners.
- The stat overlays are awesome, but they disappear way too quickly. I really feel having the announcers talk about the overlays and also keeping them up for more than a few seconds would be great. Perhaps incorporate the playbook stuff into a format where there could still be a TV broadcast going on while you call plays. Just a thought.
- More 'situational realism'. This is a problem not just with Madden, but many sports games. The playoffs need to feel like the playoffs. 3rd and 1 needs to feel like a big make or break play. Arrowhead needs to sound like Arrowhead. The crowd needs to crescendo and then 'pop' when a long pass is completed. There's so much untouched material.
- Actual in-stadium music. I think this is the one little thing that could add so much. The actual kickoff and touchdown songs would be incredible -- I know the licensing can be problematic but it'd be a cool touch for NFL fans.
- Halftime shows which we don't feel like skipping through. Let me first say, I want to give EA credit for doing a halftime show. Let me also be the guy to say this as well: it could be so much better. Unlike other sports, football is a weekly event. Everyone's playing, there are moving parts around the league that implicate your game at the same time. In-game cut ins (see: NCAA Football) would be amazing, as would halftime shows that discuss the impacts of the game in progress, especially late in the year.
What would you like to see Madden NFL incorporate into the presentation next year?
EA Sports has released the Madden NFL 15 week 11 roster update, along with an Excel spreadsheet showing all of the changes. These changes include updated ratings and/or position changes for 526 players.
Aaron Rodgers joins J.J. Watt and Peyton Manning as the only 99 overall rated players in the game.
Richard Sherman dropped 1 point to a 97, making Darrelle Revis (98) the #1 rated corner in the game.
- Osi Umenyiora +7 (84)
- Kroy Biermann +6 (81)
- Jaiquawn Jarrett +5 (78)
- Jordan Matthews +4 (78)
- Justin Forsett +3 (83)
- Mark Sanchez +3 (78)
- Brandon Marshall +3 (78)
- Connor Barwin +2 (87)
- Odell Beckham Jr. +2 (80)
- James Harrison +2 (82)
- A.J. Hawk +2 (82)
- Brandon Mebane +2 (90)
- Mike Vick +2 (77)
- Fletcher Cox +2 (87)
- Marshall Newhouse -4 (65)
- Ja'Wuan James -3 (77)
- Jay Cutler -3 (82)
- Stefen Wisniewski -2 (88)
- Tyron Smith -2 (91)
- Mike Pouncey -2 (90)
- LeSean McCoy -2 (91)
- Orlando Franklin -2 (84)
- Carlos Dunlap -2 (85)
- Andy Dalton -2 (83)
- Kenny Vaccaro -2 (82)
- Austin Davis -1 (76)
- Russell Wilson -1 (88)
- Mohamed Sanu -1 (82)
- Ryan Tannehill -1 (83)
- Charles Woodson -1 (89)
- DeMarcus Ware -1 (91)
- Steve Smith Sr. -1 (88)
- Kyle Orton -1 (80)
- Gerald McCoy -1 (96)
- A.J. Green -1 (94)
- Matt Forte -1 (94)
- Drew Brees -1 (95)
EA Sports has posted a blog detailing the attributes that help make up the overall rating of each player in Madden NFL 15.
While the article is MUT related, it basically carries over to all other modes. Some of it might be old to some of you, but there are quite a few things you might learn from it as well. Below are some of them explained, but click here to view them all.
Ball Carrier Vision (BCV) – The runner’s ability to navigate in between blocks to hit holes.
Release (RLS) – Determines the receiver’s ability to beat Press coverage.
Strength (STR) – Provides a boost for blocking, shedding blocks, power moves, throwing and trucking.
Impact Blocking (IMP) – The ability to pancake (knock the defender down) when blocking in the open field.
Hit Power (POW) – How hard a defender tackles, including chance of fumbles and injuries.
Finesse Move (FNM) – Using swim and spin moves to defeat the offensive line. Determines time required to perform a successful move.
Play Recognition (PRC) – Reacting to run or pass and defending specific routes. Also reacting properly to play action or screen plays.
SugarRayTyson managed to get his hands on an early retail copy of WWE 2K15 for the PlayStation 4 and continues to upload plenty of videos from the game. Check out his channel here. As of this post, he has 12 videos.
WWE 2K15 hits retail stores on November 18th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It is already available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, here is a link to the OS review, in case you missed it.
With a plethora of slider options at your disposal in FIFA 15, the task to create a realistic experience can be quite daunting. Thankfully, Operation Sports has two of the best slider-makers in the business in Matt10 & Orion523, and they have recently joined forces in their quest for OS Community Sliders. They took time out from their busy schedules to answer a few questions for us...
Read More - The Quest for a Better Playing FIFA 15, An Interview With Matt10 And Orion523
NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive every day and this year Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details. Check out what's new in today's roster update.
Read More - NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-13-14)
The LeBron 12 is available now in NBA 2K15. Here are some screenshots.
UPDATE: For those asking, you can edit the shoes.
We can add Halo and Assassins Creed to the list of titles which have had serious issues at launch in the past year. In sports games alone, there have been several titles which have shipped with major problems at launch.
NBA 2K15 had major online connectivity issues. Ditto for Driveclub. NHL 15 had a ton of expected game modes not ship with the game, which isn't a technical problem but it is a consumer problem. MLB The Show had major online playability issues.
How big are these issues to you, and are you going to be adjusting your buying habits in response? Sound off by voting in our poll and leaving a comment below!