A look at Solecismic Software's newest Pro Football Text-Sim.
The OS Community is Split as to how accurate sports game ratings are for players.
A look back at what FIFA did well, and what it didn't so well.
A look at the winner of our staff's Sports Game of the Year Award.
The racing genre is undoubtedly well represented in video games. From AAA mainstays such as Gran Turismo, Need for Speed and Forza, to relatively newer titles such as Driveclub, Project CARS and The Crew, to the truly unique racers such as Trials and Trackmania, it’s hard to find a racing game angle that hasn’t been explored.
Developer Different Cloth aims to thread that needle with its newest game, Drive!Drive!Drive! Set in a low-res, polygonal galaxy that somehow seems futuristic and retro at the same time, Drive!Drive!Drive! has one big trick up its sleeve: players are forced to race multiple cars on multiple tracks at the same time.
Read More - Drive!Drive!Drive! Review (PS4)
The folks at Sony Interactive Entertainment break down their MLB The Show 17 trailer which was released earlier this month. Here are some nuggets you'll find mentioned:
- New hairstyles made it into the game (Shown in the new AA locker room).
- Road to The Show will feature a new non-linear decision making system, which will allow you to make big decisions that matter.
- More player and team specific personality will be included in this year's game.
- Spin of the ball off of the bat has been greatly improved with new hit types like curving hits down the line.
- Four new Historical Stadiums are included in the game. (Old Yankee Stadium, Hubert H. Humphry Metrodome, Shea Stadium, Sun Life Stadium) - Nice detective work 13SM13!
- All batter walkups in Diamond Dynasty will show the player card types on screen.
- Show Track allows for some new presentational elements in this year's game.
- More player specific home run swings.
- Both Ken Griffey Jr. and Ken Griffey Sr. will be on the legends roster for MLB The Show 17.
Nostalgic of 90's racing games will surely remember the first installment of Moto Racer. Microids has announced Moto Racer 4 will make its return on January 24, 2017, as a downloadable title for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A Steam version of the game is already currently available in the US for $29.99.
Check out the official trailer here and full press release below.
Microïds and Artefacts Studio announced that its popular moto racing series is set to release on consoles in North America when ‘Moto Racer 4’ launches January 24th, 2017 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Fans and newcomers of the series can expect high-octane racing action that provides two thrilling ways of playing by alternating between the high speed moto and the altitude of motocross.
Moto Racer 4 looks to continue building on the huge success that made the trilogy so popular by providing gamers with the enjoyable arcade action that’s expected from the series, by making sure it’s fast, frantic, and fun. Check out the trailer below that showcases the two styles of gameplay that each capture the thrill of the ride.
Moto Racer 4 features 15 single and multi-player game modes, with online multiplayer modes for 2 to 10 players. There’s also split-screen multiplayer for offline competition. During gameplay, players need to be well aware of their surroundings as they avoid traffic on the roads while also being mindful of the possibility of colliding with opponents.
Moto Racer 4 will be available as a downloadable title for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in in North America through the PlayStation and Xbox One Stores.
Developed by Microids and Artefacts Studio under the supervision of original creator Paul Cuisset, Moto Racer 4 revives the winning formula that made the original trilogy so successful. Accessible and entertaining with the ability to race dirty by shoving opponents, the two-wheel racing game alternates between high-speed road and dirt motocross courses. Players with a PlayStation VR headset (available in October 2016) can immerse themselves in the game using the special VR features and experience videogame racing like never before.
With over seven million units sold and critical acclaim both in the specialist press and among gamers, the original "Moto Racer" trilogy has left an indelible mark on the history of video games and it is still synonymous with extreme gaming pleasure and fierce multiplayer contests for many players.
Moto Racer 4 includes no fewer than 15 single and multiplayer game modes. In addition to regular fixtures such as the Time Trial, Single Race and Championship, here are a few features players can expect:
- Alternating high-speed road and dirt motocross courses
- Traffic on the road
- Split-screen multiplayer mode for offline competition
- Online multiplayer mode for 2-10 players
- 60 frames per second frame rate
- Vehicle and rider customization
- Possibility of colliding with opponents
- Each computer rider has a different personality and behavioral traits
- 15 single and multi-player game modes
- 30 For Nerdy Web Series Uses NHL 17 Clips to Tell Goalies' Mind-Altering Story
- Old Time Hockey Arrives in Early 2017 For PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC (Steam)
- EA's Exclusive Deal With Porsche Ends This Year
- Madden NFL 17 Title Update #8 Available Now, Here Are The Details
- WWE 2K17 New Moves Pack Available Today, Complete List of New Moves Revealed
- When It Comes To Presentation in Sports Games, What Needs The Most Improvement?
- Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain Expansion Available Now, Watch the Trailer Here
- NBA 2K17 All-Star Tournament Announced, NBA 2K Pro-Am Winner Receives $250,000 & More
- FIFA 17 Formation Tips: 4-3-2-1
- Why Licenses Are Better Than Option Files
- NBA 2K17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (12-14)
- The Golf Club VR Patch 1.06 Available, Full Details Here
- Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...
- New NHL 17 Roster Update Available (12-15)
- Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 15 Available Now
- Press Row Podcast - 2016 Sports Game of the Year
- How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty
- Four Experiences You Should Try in Steep
- Surf World Series Announced For PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC, Arrives in 2017
- Fan-Created Craig Sager Uniforms & Court in NBA 2K17 #SagerStrong
Da InFaMous NY has created Craig Sager uniforms and court in NBA 2K17. Check out his tutorial and links here.
Developer Climax Studios, in partnership with Vision Games Publishing and Standfast Interactive, have announced Surf World Series for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, scheduled to arrive in 2017, check out the teaser trailer here.
In Surf World Series, players will take to the waves to experience the thrill of pure arcade-style surfing.
- Ride monster waves from around the world at 5 legendary surfing destinations, including the sun-drenched beaches of Hawaii, and the rugged coastlines of Portugal
- Become masters of the waves, learning increasingly difficult tricks along the way, from nailing kickflips and cutbacks, to landing massive aerials and navigating treacherous tubes
- Trick their way through 45 single player challenges, or carve up the competition online against 15 other players across 3 different multiplayer modes
- Rank up and unlock countless customization options to stamp their own style on their journey to become a surf legend
For more information visit the Surf World Series website.
Read More - Four Experiences You Should Try in Steep
For those unfamiliar with it, Diamond Dynasty is MLB The Show 16's card-collecting mode and is inherently worth a try. The beauty of Diamond Dynasty is that cards are collected no matter what mode you play in. So, if you’ve played every last game of the last three seasons in franchise mode or exclusively play in Road to the Show, you still have a treasure trove of cards to utilize. Diamond Dynasty has significantly diversified available in-game missions and, as a result, has immensely prolonged MLB The Show 16's shelf life.
Read More - How Themed Missions Breathe Life Into MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty
It’s episode 200 of the Press Row Podcast! After reflecting on the milestone four years in the making, attention turns to awarding the 5th Annual Press Row Podcast Sports Game of the Year.
The top three games of 2016 are revealed, the panel reacts and discusses the reasoning behind them landing where they did, and later get to the games that didn’t place while also bringing up a few unconventional sports games that received votes. It’s a supersized episode covering just about everything to do with sports games in 2016!
On the show this episode:
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey (@pastapadre), Pastapadre
- Richard Grisham (@RichGrisham), Out of the Park Developments
- Kat Bailey (@the_katbot), USgamer
- T.J. Lauerman (@ThatSportsGamer), ThatSportsGamer
- Samit Sarkar (@SamitSarkar), Polygon
- Millennium (@MillenniumOS), Operation Sports
The official Madden NFL 17 roster update for week 15 is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams.
You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below.
- Le'Veon Bell +1 (Overall 95)
- Aaron Rodgers +1 (Overall 95)
- Ndamukong Suh +1 (Overall 93)
- Jimmy Graham +1 (Overall 92)
- Landon Collins +1 (Overall 91)
- Tyler Eifert +1 (Overall 91)
- Martellus Bennett +1 (Overall 90)
- Malcolm Butler +1 (Overall 89)
- Janoris Jenkins +2 (Overall 89)
- Sean Lee +1 (Overall 89)
- Rodney Hudson +1 (Overall 88)
- Kawann Short +1 (Overall 88)
- Terrell Suggs +1 (Overall 88)
- LeGarrette Blount +1 (Overall 87)
- Barry Church +2 (Overall 87)
- Olivier Vernon +1 (Overall 87)
- Bryan Bulaga +1 (Overall 86)
- Morgan Burnett +2 (Overall 86)
- Jack Conklin +1 (Overall 86)
- Marcus Gilbert +2 (Overall 86)
- Brent Grimes +1 (Overall 86)
- Casey Hayward +1 (Overall 86)
- Bruce Irvin +1 (Overall 86)
- Whitney Mercilus +1 (Overall 86)
- Ben Roethlisberger -1 (Overall 92)
- DeAndre Hopkins -1 (Overall 91)
- Drew Brees -1 (Overall 90)
- Darius Slay Jr. -1 (Overall 90)
- Michael Bennett -2 (Overall 89)
- Russell Wilson -1 (Overall 89)
- Taylor Lewan -1 (Overall 88)
- Brandon Marshall -1 (Overall 88)
- Tony Jefferson -1 (Overall 87)
- C.J. Mosley -1 (Overall 87)
- Zach Brown -2 (Overall 86)
- Derek Carr -1 (Overall 86)
- Jamie Collins Sr. -1 (Overall 86)
- Marcell Dareus -1 (Overall 86)
- Vontae Davis -1 (Overall 86)
- Thomas Davis Sr. -1 (Overall 86)
- Linval Joseph -1 (Overall 86)
Another NHL 17 roster update is available now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, updating the NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, NLA, DEL, LIIGA, SHL and EXTRALIGA.
You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below.
- Connor McDavid +4 (Overall 92)
- Devan Dubnyk +2 (Overall 90)
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson +1 (Overall 90)
- Tuukka Rask +1 (Overall 90)
- Nikita Kucherov +2 (Overall 90)
- Mark Scheifele +2 (Overall 89)
- Brad Marchand +1 (Overall 88)
- Alex Galchenyuk +1 (Overall 88)
- Jeff Skinner +1 (Overall 87)
- Nick Foligno +1 (Overall 87)
- Artemi Panarin +1 (Overall 87)
- Cam Atkinson +2 (Overall 87)
- Auston Matthews +1 (Overall 86)
- Semyon Varlamov -2 (Overall 88)
- Artemi Panarin -1 (Overall 87)
- Sean Monahan -1 (Overall 87)
- Boone Jenner -1 (Overall 86)
- Tomas Plekanec -1 (Overall 86)
- Kyle Palmieri -1 (Overall 86)
- Tomas Tatar -1 (Overall 86)
- Brandon Dubinsky -1 (Overall 86)
- Steve Mason -2 (Overall 86)
- In the NHL 17 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by 'Date & Time' under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters
Read More - Why Option Files Are Better than Licenses...
HB Studios have released The Golf Club VR patch 1.06, check out the full details below. Currently the game is only available on PC via Steam, compatible with the HTC Vive.
- Putt preview can no longer be sent from ghost balls.
- The contact for putting feedback has been fixed.
- Ghost ball name tags will no longer obstruct your view on the green.
- Fixed an issue with player score not showing up at the end of a round against ghost balls.
- Adjusted golf club lengths.
Live Ghost Balls
Live Ghost Balls have been added with this patch! You are now able to join any of your Steam friends during their round on any of the available courses. When selecting a course and choosing Rivals there is now a Friends (Live) filter that allows you to join any in-progress rounds. We encourage everyone to reach out in the community and create some networks of folks to play with. There are a lot of active players out there that I’m sure would enjoy a round with you or a group.
We have added a range finder to the Vive controller that allows you to zoom in on the terrain around you. To use this feature simply lift the Vive controller to your eye and look through the top opening of the controller. This will magnify everything in this viewport. There is a reticle to help pick your target and you can lock the information displayed at any point by pulling the trigger. There is also an option to increase the magnification by pressing up on the touch-pad while looking through the viewport. This feature can come in handy when trying to locate the pin from a distance or determine how far away you are from a hazard.
Gameplay Settings Overhaul
With the increased need for gameplay settings we have adjusted the UI to allow for more options to help you customize the way you play The Golf Club VR. In addition to the new look we have added options to play without a stroke limit and to turn on mulligans. When playing with mulligans you are able to retake shots from its original location as often as you like without penalty. If you take a shot and don’t like the result, simple grab a ball from your golf bag and drop it in the circle drop zone. Note that as soon as a mulligan is played your scorecard will be removed from the server but you can still play live with your friends.
Mike Stauffer (@2KStauff) has sent us the NBA 2K17 roster update details. Check them out here.
It’s no secret that the debate between FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) usually starts and ends with licenses. With Konami and EA Sports in a race to secure as many licenses as possible, sometimes every gamer suffers in the long run. While the PES community is filled with a plethora of option files, FIFA 17 is as a “pick-up-and-play” game as we’ll see in the footy genre.
Read More - Why Licenses Are Better Than Option Files