A look at this year's effort from Konami...
Rose is a Knickerbocker. Now what?
The worlds best selling sports game has some new tricks up its sleeve.
Big decisions loom this offseason...
Operation Sports Content
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
11:35 AM - June 15, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Mike Lowe
With over two full months of the season behind us, it's not too early to start thinking about which teams will be selling, and which teams will be buying. Of course, such trades can have an impact on the way we play MLB The Show '16 online, as oftentimes there are a handful of teams most players gravitate towards. So let's take a look at which players are most likely to be sold, and which teams they might end up with, perhaps altering our top choices of teams to choose when playing online.
Read More - MLB The Show 16: The Best Players Who May Move on the Trade Deadline
11:06 AM - June 15, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
FSB has posted their FIFA 17 hands-on impressions from E3 2016. They talk about the Frostbite engine, The Journey, physical play, attacking depth, set pieces and much more.
10:55 AM - June 15, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PlayStation has posted a 9 minute Gran Turismo Sport gameplay video, showing off some of the cars, tracks and locations in the game.
04:36 AM - June 15, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Feature announcements for upcoming sports games are an annual tradition out of E3. This year EA Sports has revealed a major new mode for FIFA 17 and a bevy of improvements and additions for Franchise mode in Madden NFL 17. In this episode of the Press Row Podcast presented by Hit The Pass those announcements are covered with guests from the development teams of both games.
Up first from FIFA 17 are Matthew Prior and Aaron McHardy to discuss the just announced story mode “The Journey” and what the new Frostbite engine will mean for the game. Then Madden NFL 17 designer John White joins the show to go through what’s new for Franchise mode this year, which includes a new way to play through games faster and a real-time score ticker.
On the show this episode:
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey (@pastapadre) Pastapadre/Sporting News/Hit The Pass
- Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) Out of the Park Developments/Hit The Pass
- Matthew Prior, EA Sports
- Aaron McHardy, EA Sports
- John White ((@EA_White) EA Sports
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
07:39 PM - June 14, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Just in time for the 2016 U.S. Open, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is on sale for $15.99 in the PlayStation Store (PlayStation Network Membership required) and Xbox Store ($16.00 - Xbox Live Gold membership required). The sale ends on June 20.
06:25 PM - June 14, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Here's the first screenshot from NASCAR Heat Evolution, scheduled to arrive on September 13 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
UPDATE (6-17): Here's the second NASCAR Heat Evolution screenshot.
UPDATE (6-26): Another NASCAR Heat Evolution screenshot has been released, this one features Sonoma Raceway.
03:26 PM - June 14, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS.
The Post-Game Podcast was able to sit down with Madden NFL 17's Clint Oldenburg and John White from EA SPORTS Tiburon for a little chat at EA Play in Los Angeles.
Below are some of the items they discussed.
- Ball physics
- Connected Franchise streamlining
- Score ticker details
- Kick meter details (kick further in Denver, power boost in domes, accuracy penalty in snow/rain games)
- Adjusting from past Madden games
- Game planning
- Risk/reward in blocking kicks, ice the kicker
Konami has released quite a few new PES 2017 screenshots, to along with the PES 2017 teaser trailer and more details, released earlier this morning.
11:41 AM - June 14, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Cicero
However, all was not golden at the event. There are a few things 2K needs to do in order to become the key figures players in the eSports arena they would like to be.
Read More - NBA 2K Can Still Do More to Improve eSports Experience
EA announced a big eSports initiative in their Press Conference on Sunday -- specifically talking about a tiered tournament system for Madden. This is pretty big news and could signal a big change in the direction sports games take over the next several years. We asked the OS Staff what their opinions were of the news...
Read More - EA's Big Move into eSports (Roundtable)
08:59 AM - June 14, 2016. Posted by OnlookerDelay. Written by Steve Noah
HB Studios have just announced The Golf Club 2, scheduled to arrive in the first quarter of next year. The game will include a very in-depth player creator, new clubs, new apparel, new swing animations, new more challenging swing options, private and public clubs/societies, a more customizable offline career mode and more.
Check out some of the features and details below, but click here to read all about it.
Unity 5 – We’ve moved the game to Unity 5. This means lots of great things for all areas of the game.
Player Creator – We’ve got a huge player creator, where player features, clothing, clubs and gear will all be customizable. It’s almost limitless with millions upon millions of combinations to get your avatar looking just as you want him or her to.
Golf Societies – We’ve now got golf societies, not only places where you and your friends can hang out and play against each other in tournaments but huge public clubs. (All currency referred to is GAME CURRENCY, not real money)
- Societies will have club captains that will design out seasons with entry restrictions, prize money and major tournaments
- Tournament and society entry can be restricted by entrance fees and handicap ratings.
- Societies will have their own bank balance so they can choose their own clubhouse. The richer the clubs the grander the clubhouse. The luxury of a plush club the status that comes with that needs to be earned to get there.
- Major Tournaments – Using club size and popularity crowds will turn up for the clubs majors. The bigger the club, the bigger the crowds. The HUD will become more TV like and the commentary will also add to the occasion.
- Career Mode – Players will also be able to play away a more singular game against AI. Using offline societies and AI players to earn money and work your way through the challenges of increasing difficulty. All money earned here can be transferred to your online career, so it’s well worth taking part.
- Swing – we’re currently looking at a 3 level swing mechanic. The easy level will very much be based off of what we have now, but with tempo added and a distance reduction, Hard will be very punishing if in any way off centre and the tempo isn’t correct but when it’s good you will get a considerably further distance. Doing this gives us the variation we want, the difficulty some want and brings in the actual point of multiple tees.
- Practice Swing – You’ll now be able to take practice swings.
- HUD Numbering and Shot Shaper – These will be rounded giving you less ability to dial a distance while working on the shot shaper to make it much harder when trying to dial in distances.
We have a full driving range, putting green and chipping green. This is a full sandbox mode, giving you the ability to go out there and improve any part of your game.
- We’ve invested heavily in the character this time out, getting full photogrammetry scans of people and clothing to make your player look as realistic as possible.
- We’ve also invested in a huge array of motion capture from two brand new golf pros. Well not only have a lot of great new shot animations but lots of post and pre shot stuff as well.
- Full specular effects on everything on your course, this makes it look even more realistic than it did before.
We won’t be adding a traditional lobby, but we will be improving live multiplayer extensively. We’ll be adding more game modes and the ability to play non friends.
08:36 AM - June 14, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the new PES 2017 teaser trailer, along with some of the features in the game below and post your thoughts!
- Real Touch
See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball.
- Precise Pass
Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.
- Goal Keeping
Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when that goal is scored.
- Advanced Instructions
Strategies that are quite individually defined such as Tiki-taka and Tight Marking which is strongly based on team ideology can be set in Advanced Instructions, which adds a huge variety in how you plan to win.
- Total Team Control
Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport.
- Corner Kick Strategies
Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or Man to Man. Offensive options also included such as specific player movement.
- Adaptive AI
For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play! Player and team behaviour has always been a staple of the PES series, and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.
- Authentic Visuals
For PES 2017 the visuals have seen a major upgrade, offering Authentic Visuals thanks to the further incorporation of Fox Engine. Nothing has been left untouched, from player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped. Never has a game looked so real.
- Natural Player Movement
Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players and goalkeepers to life – but it doesn't stop there. New features such as Real Touch and Precise Pass see huge benefit, giving a vast array of movements when trapping and passing the ball.
- Master League, myClub, Versus Match Analysis, EDIT DATA SHARING on PS4 and more!
- An auction house for scouts gives you more choice in the players you can sign in
- Versus Match Analysis! Track match statistics/records when playing friends offline.
- Master League! Dedicated budgets for transfers + wages. 6 month loans. Time element added to deadline day.
- Staying with Master League. More team roles, including 'Hero' and 'Bad Boy'.
- Huge news for our awesome community, Edit Data Sharing on PS4. Created team/players can be transferred onto consoles via USB.
- Edit Data Sharing on PS4 will be multi-regional too, allowing PES fans around the world to share their edit data.
E3 – The Electronic Entertainment Expo – is the world’s largest gathering of interactive entertainment and takes place at the Los Angeles Convention Center between June 14-16. With the popular football simulation series riding a critical high with two consecutive gamescom ‘Best Sports Game’ accolades, PES 2017 sees KONAMI building on the strong on-field performance of its predecessors with a detailed focus on control and the addition of key gameplay enhancements designed to offer an unprecedented level of control.
PES 2017 is founded around the‘Control Reality’ ethos, elevating the award-winning gameplay to a new level viaincredible new control elements and a new standard of visual realism, without sacrificing what made PES successful in the first place –playing a match with your friends. The industry-leading Fox Engine once again powers the series to reach new heights, with KONAMI looking to its focus on first touch, the making and receiving of passes, and AI that adapts to counter the way users play to elevate the game’s acclaimed realism.
Previous PES releases have seen KONAMI’s revolutionary Team ID and Player ID help PES mimic the way real players and teams move and play. PES 2017 adds new layers to these foundations with the advent of its ‘Real Touch’ system. Real Touch determines the many ways players receive a ball, dependent on the height and power of the pass, and the natural ability of the player. A new ‘Precise Pass’ system further emphasizes the game’s use of new ball physics, as players make passes based on the runs of other teammates, before perfectly placing a threaded ball in their path.
E3 will also see KONAMI giving a deeper insight into PES 2017’s Master League and my Club modes, as well as showcasing new additions that are in response to requests from the bustling PES community. Goalkeepers have been totally overhauled, producing stunning multiple saves, dominating the penalty box, andlooking to close down threats via perfect positioning. The Los Angeles showcase will also be used to highlight PES2017’s ‘Adaptive AI’ that recognizes and looks to counter repeated playing patterns from the opposition, doubling up markers on integral players, snuffing out wide attacks and interrupting passing play. New tactical advances will also be premiered, as the new ‘Total Team Control’ tactical system and new corner and advanced instruction systems for tactical adaptation are revealed.
The new gameplay additions are complemented by a stunning level of graphical detail. PES 2017benefits from the addition of hundreds of new animations, ensuring that passes and clearances are met fluidly, and that collisions and tussles are realistically recreated. Player likeness are also taken a new level with ever-more famous players added to the rosters in near-photographic quality and with the running styles and individual attributes that they show in real life. Smaller aesthetic touches are also abound with players’ breath fogging in cold conditions, goalposts visibly rattling as the ball strikes them, and all new lighting and stadium effects.
PES 2017 continues an astounding run of form for the KONAMI title. Its stunning visuals, beautifully realized animation, improved referees, and in-game tactical switches in both open and set play situations create a new benchmark in soccer simulation.
07:01 AM - June 14, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Ubisoft has announced Steep, an open world set in the Alps and Alaska, where gamers can wingsuit, ski, snowboard and paraglide down the mountains with a Go-Pro view of everything. Check out the trailer and walkthrough videos above.
Ride a massive open world of the Alps and Alaska, where the powder is always fresh and the run never ends. Defy and master the world’s most epic mountains on skis, wingsuit, snowboard, and in paraglide. Go solo or drop in side by side with other players. Record and share the most insane stunts ever captured. Dare your friends to try out your custom lines, then challenge the world to beat your best tricks and relive your most epic wipeouts.
- RIDE YOUR WAY - Navigate the open world freely and create your own path as you decide how to explore your massive mountain playground.
- LIVE UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS WITH FRIENDS - Share thrilling, adrenaline-fueled experiences with other players.
- PARTICIPATE IN A WIDE VARIETY OF CHALLENGES - Prove that you’re the king of the mountain by dropping in unique and spectacular challenges that put your skills to the test.
- SHARE EVERYTHING - Relive epic moments and challenges, and share replays across all social media.
Monday, June 13, 2016
01:29 PM - June 13, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Xbox One fans can design their own Xbox wireless controller with Xbox Design Lab, with more than 8 million different color combinations to choose from. Each controller will cost $79.99, with optional laser engraving for an additional $9.99. For orders placed between now and August, delivery will begin in early September; all other orders will be delivered within 14 business days.
Design yours here and let us see what you come up with.
Platform: Xbox One
12:20 PM - June 13, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
During the Xbox E3 2016 briefing, Microsoft announced the Xbox One S, starting at $299.99 for the 500GB version, $349.99 for the 1TB version and $399.99 for the limited quantity 2TB launch edition, all scheduled to arrive in August.
At the end of the Xbox briefing, Microsoft announced Project Scorpio (codename for now), a new console that will play native 4K games and high-fidelity VR. The console will feature a performance speed of six teraflops and arrive sometime in the 2017 holiday season.
What are your plans? Getting the Xbox One S or waiting for Project Scorpio?
Platform: Xbox One