A crucial feature which EA nailed...
PES 2015 arrives into next-generation better than ever...
Which game mode is getting the most playtime for you at this point?
Our staff discusses whether NBA 2K15's gameplay is truly the best in sports gaming...
Operation Sports Content
Friday, October 10, 2014
12:31 PM - October 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Just wanted to share my very first NBA 2K15 video montage. Since it is my first video creation, I'll obviously learn a lot from it and get better in time. I'm no Shady, but it was definitely fun to create.
Please let me know what you think, good or bad. I'll learn from it and try to make future videos better.
YouTube version is here.
11:44 AM - October 10, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
As the sun sets on another MLB season (and rises on nearly everything else), you may be tempted to trade in one of the best sports titles of the year for a shiny new game. And, really, who could blame you? There’s a wealth of new and seemingly quality titles that have released or will release before the World Series ends.
But before you do, I’d like to sing the praises of an overlooked mode in MLB: The Show 14. The Postseason Mode is a recent and simple addition, but one that captures some of the best playoff atmosphere in sports.
Read More - In Praise of MLB 14: The Show's Playoff Mode
11:15 AM - October 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports released the Madden NFL 15 week 6 roster update, along with an Excel spreadsheet showing all of the changes. These include updated ratings and/or position changes for 728 players.
Below are some of the rating adjustments.
- Ronald Leary +5 (79)
- Branden Oliver +5 (75)
- Zack Martin +4 (83)
- Brian Quick +4 (80)
- Doug Free +3 (87)
- Travis Benjamin +3 (73)
- Austin Davis +3 (78)
- Sammy Watkins +2 (84)
- Arian Foster +2 (92)
- Pierre Thomas +2 (82)
- Eddie Lacy +2 (86)
- Demaryius Thomas +2 (94)
- Jake Matthews -4 (76)
- Devon Still -3 (70)
- Ryan Pickett -3 (79)
- Michael Johnson -3 (88)
- Jahri Evans -3 (88)
- Geno Smith -2 (73)
- Michael Vick -2 (75)
- Andre Smith -2 (88)
- C.J. Spiller -2 (84)
- Torrey Smith -2 (84)
- Christian Ponder -2 (73)
09:45 AM - October 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
WeedensProd has created another trailer for PES 2015.
07:27 AM - October 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Konami has released the minimum and recommended PC system requirements for PES 2015. The game is set to release on November 11th for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
06:56 AM - October 10, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
XboxAchievements have posted the achievement list for NBA Live 15. Not many have changed from last year. We have listed a few of them below, take a look at the full list here.
- Big Spender - 35
Buy a player with an overall rating of 90 or higher on auction in NBA LIVE Ultimate Team
- Phenom - 35
Win the MVP in Rising Star Mode
- Never Any Doubt - 35
Win the game after being down by 30 or more in the second half in a single player game
Thursday, October 9, 2014
08:31 PM - October 9, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PES 2015 will include the voice talents of Brazilian soccer announcers Silvio Luiz and Mauro Beting calling the action in their native Portuguese, when the game is released in November. Check out the latest trailer here.
Read the full press release below.
KONAMI CONFIRMS BRAZILIAN ANNOUNCERS AND NEW TRAILER FOR PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER®2015 AT BRASIL GAME SHOW
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced at Brasil Game Show that Pro Evolution Soccer®2015 will include the voice talents of renowned Brazilian soccer announcers Silvio Luiz and Mauro Beting calling the action in their native Portuguese when the game is released worldwide in November 2014. Konami also announced a new trailer that features the top 21 Brazilian club teams. The trailer debuts today at Brasil Game Show in São Paolo, which runs from Oct. 9-12.
Konami will be exhibiting at the show in Booth #PO1.
The new Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 trailer, featuring Brazilian league teams and players, can be viewed here.
“PES captures the realism of soccer like no other video game on the market, and we continue to do this through signature elements like the legendary Brazilian commentary team for Portuguese PES players throughout the world,” said Tomohiro Uesugi, President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. “With our latest trailer, we’re giving Brazilian console game players, and those throughout the rest of the world, another reason to celebrate the incredible experience.”
Serving as the distinctive Portuguese voices of the PES series since 2011, Silvio Luiz – known for his work as a radio and television host and as a soccer referee – and Mauro Beting – known for his work on radio and as a journalist and book author – once again bring their experience to Konami’s premier soccer video game.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 includes notable soccer announcers from throughout the world based on the chosen language of PES players. Konami will announce broadcast voice talent for other regions prior to the game’s November release.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 will be released in the Americas in November 2014 for $59.99 for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. The title is the first in the series to make an appearance on the new wave of console hardware. Additionally, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC (digital download version) will be available for $39.99.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, winner of several key awards this year, sees a true return to its core values of total / super responsive controls and renowned gameplay, where the user has unrestricted control over how they play. KONAMI has completely reworked numerous gameplay elements to ensure every pass, shot or off-the-ball run is finely balanced to give maximum player satisfaction within Pro Evolution Soccer 2015’s on-field action.
08:14 PM - October 9, 2014. Posted by TheTruth. Written by Steve Noah
A new patch for The Golf Club is available now for Xbox One users. Below are the details, just in case you missed them. The patch should arrive soon for PlayStation 4 users.
Extensive Network Interfacing Improvements
- Improving speed when connecting to servers and stopping time outs.
- Prevent bootflow network disconnect message from advancing to main.
- Improved stability.
- Improved frame rate.
- Course Saving error after a few hours of play – fixed.
- Fixed crash that could occur if the user stayed on a certain screens for an extended period of time.
- This fixed issues with blocky Terrain Editing within course designer.
- Optimizations, to improve frame rate.
- Sped up, so users are now not waiting 10 seconds between shots.
- Fixed multiple issues where it would get sometimes get stuck mid round.
- Fixed bunker issues around the green.
- A couple of low frequency crash bugs fixed.
- Fixed issue with Carousel menu sometimes not showing the correct state, and improved flow going back and forward.
- Links theme fixed so heavy rough wasn’t thought of as water.
- Fixed multiple issues with the flow that were causing issues with restarting a tour.
- Pop up implemented on Network fail requests.
- Allow advance through tour cards.
- Fixed a hard lock on female, left handed animation.
- Fixed a couple of animation transitions.
- Fixed spin decay bug that resulted in crazy behavior when the ball hit the pin.
- Added a cup physics material.
- Fixed tap in issue with putting.
- FMod Thread affinity fix.
- Also improved frame rate of the game.
- Fix for Grand Opening challenge (Was not being awarded).
- Fix for Lucky Number 7 Achievement (Broken when hitting water, and added test for at or above par as-per description).
- Replay bug, where ball would sometimes not replay correctly.
- Fixed issue where putting details would be hidden behind players heads.
- The ‘Auto Add Friends’ option in Game Settings will be respected again.
- The in-game scorecard will resize to fit the longest name.
- Improved the quality of the filters on the Select Rivals screen.
- Fixed the disappearing of the scorecard title text when displaying the screen for a while.
- Removed the time and date on the message center (Unity doesn’t support System Clock on Xbox One).
- Fixed the inconsistent displaying of the message center on various screens.
- Remove unneeded texts on course detail screen during offline mode.
- Fixed issue where Player edit screen becomes too dark to see the player when the background course time is evening.
- Fixed the flag marker for left handed mode.
- Fixed the longest hole out display at end of round showing spurious figure when user did not sink anything from off the green.
- Increased the limit for the length of the list when fetching data from database, so select course, tour and create course lists display correct number for certain filters.
- Username Truncations issues.
- Fixed scorecard and overview yardage discrepancies.
- Fixed scorecard color issue when in tours.
- Fixed scout camera positioning issues.
- A collection of fixes to the statistics and telemetry including the average score always stating E.
02:05 PM - October 9, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has just released their NBA Live 15 player ratings for the top 5 duos in the game.
- Chris Paul & Blake Griffin - 185 OVR (Paul - 94, Griffin - 91)
- Kevin Durant & Russell Westbrook - 185 OVR (Durant - 94, Westbrook - 91)
- LeBron James & Kevin Love - 185 OVR (James - 95, Love - 90)
- James Harden & Dwight Howard - 180 OVR (Harden - 90, Howard - 90)
- Joakim Noah & Derrick Rose - 89 OVR (Noah - 90, Rose - 89)
- 9/23 - Top 5 PGs (Released)
- 9/24 – Top 5 SGs (Released)
- 9/25 – Top 6 SFs (Released)
- 9/26 – Top 5 PFs (Released)
- 9/27 – Top 5 Cs (Released)
- 9/28 – Top 5 3Pt Shooters (Released)
- 9/29 – Top 5 Dunkers (Released)
- 9/30 – Top 5 Ballhandlers (Released)
- 10/1 – Top 5 Shot Blockers (Released)
- 10/2 – Top 5 Overall Defenders (Released)
- 10/3 – Top 5 Scoring Threats (Released)
- 10/4 – Top 5 Rookies (Released)
- 10/5 – Top 5 Passers (Released)
- 10/6 – Top 5 Rebounders (Released)
- 10/7 – Top 5 Steal Threats (Released)
- 10/8 – Top 5 Fastest Players (Released)
- 10/9 – Top 5 Dynamic Duos (Released)
- 10/10 – Top 5 6th Men
- 10/11 – Full Team Ratings (Atlantic Division)
- 10/12 – Full Team Ratings (Central Division)
- 10/13 – Full Team Ratings (Southeast Division)
- 10/14 – Full Team Ratings (Northwest Division)
- 10/15 – Full Team Ratings (Pacific Division)
- 10/16 – Full Team Ratings (Southwest Division)
01:49 PM - October 9, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
While trying to play NBA 2K15 over the past two days, I've seen that error message more than I've seen my created point guard on the court.
I've shot about 30 different face scans, not because of a poorly-lit apartment, or because of any perfectionist compulsions, but because NBA 2K15 has a terrible habit of deleting your My Player profile if a store transaction fails or the game's servers go down.
And since Tuesday, Visual Concepts' network -- despite having the company's "top engineers" working on it -- has been down more than it's been up.
You won't lose any of your player's upgrades or his career progress when you encounter those errors, but you will have to re-enter all of his information again, including his face scan.
Aside from being repeatedly bugged to "fill the window with your face," or "check your internet connection and try again," here is what stands out from playing My Career in NBA 2K15...
Read More - NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise
12:13 PM - October 9, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Xbox One users can pre-order the digital version of NBA Live 15 now for $53.99. Fans who pre-order the game will receive a bonus NBA LIVE Ultimate Team Gold Premium Pack every week for 10 weeks.
While you can start the download process, you can't play until October 28th at 12:01 AM EDT.
No official word yet for PlayStation 4 users.
11:08 AM - October 9, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.
After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.
An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.
Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?
For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.
10:02 AM - October 9, 2014. Posted by wdh6325. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA Live 15 hands-on preview has arrived, this one from iDigitalTimes.
They talk about the improved graphics, simple controls, customization and more, but they also note the game is too easy on offense and the defense is lacking. Maybe they were playing on an easier difficulty setting? Only time will tell.
Hopefully we see more soon and get some sort of official word on a demo.
09:29 AM - October 9, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
Although fans of sports video games have watched the choices dwindle dramatically over the years, one of the titles gamers can always count on being available is an NBA game. The options may limited, but no one has done NBA games better than the NBA 2K team. NBA 2K, while not perfect, has been consistent in bringing the most authentic style of NBA hoops to your console and PC for some time. With the release of NBA 2K15, we wanted to take a look at the gameplay additions and tweaks, and see if the newest edition is a slam dunk, or if it hits back-iron as time expires.
Read More - NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good
07:06 AM - October 9, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
There’s a lot to recap for week 5 with two Operation Sports leagues coming to an end.
If you’d rather get straight to the Week 6 league, click here to join. It’s $5 to play and pays $75 to the winner this week.
The Operation Sports FanDuel Championship came to a close with Ralphief beating out Ertlt and JasonD316 for the title and free next-gen console. His lineup included consistent fantasy studs Alshon Jeffrey and LeVeon Bell as he cruised to a 10-point victory. Ralph has picked the Playstation 4 over the XBox One, so you can chalk up another small victory for Sony.
The main Operation Sports league for Week 5 saw FanDuel vet AJG7479 take down the top prize. His top 4 performers Brian Hoyer, Demarco Murray, Matt Forte, and Demaryius Thomas combined for 108 of his 155.68 points.
Also shoutouts to Ertlt and Operations Sports’ Owner Steve Noah, who finished in 2nd and 3rd place less than 1 point behind AJG!
Here’s AJG’s full lineup:
Congratulations to all the week 5 winners.
Good luck in week 6! Here’s the link to join.