Operation Sports Content
Friday, August 21, 2015
07:17 AM - August 21, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
An new update is available now for WWE SuperCard, 2K’s collectible card-battling mobile game for iOS and Android devices.
Named "WWE SuperCard - Season 2," the new addition to 2K’s popular mobile game includes an expanded roster featuring new Superstars and Divas from WWE and, for the first time, NXT, as well as enhanced King of the Ring and Exhibition modes.
Check out the updated features in Season 2 below:
- A larger roster: A plethora of new Superstar and Diva cards are now available, which includes Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. In addition, Season 2 introduces NXT to WWE SuperCard, which adds the likes of Neville, Samoa Joe and Charlotte among others to the playable card roster.
- Enhanced card customization: Players can train Season 2 cards as well as transform Season 1 cards into Season 2 variants by enhancing them through WWE SuperCard’s Fusion Chamber.
- Diva domination in Exhibition Decks: WWE Diva cards can compete in new Diva Tag Team Matches. Also, a new slot is now available for WWE Divas in solo matches.
- Enhanced King of the Ring play: The 16-competitor tournament receives a strategic overhaul guaranteed to increase competition in the multi-day contest.
- More real-time options: WWE SuperCard will now feature a global chat, allowing players to connect to others around the world. Also, players can participate in weekly tournaments in real-time, which will offer exclusive rewards to enhance their Superstar card decks.
- Season 2 Cards: Hundreds of new customizable cards that you can decide how to level up.
- Updated Exhibition Mode: Play an additional Diva in solo matches and new Diva tag matches.
- King of the Ring: Become King with a new enhancement system and more active cards.
- Global Chat: Talk to anyone playing WWE SuperCard
- Revamped Card Packs: Browse the new store and check out the new multi-card packs.
- Loyalty Fusions: Your cards have value. Fuse them into Season 2 cards or keep them to play with in Season 1.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
03:08 PM - August 20, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
In the latest NHL 16 video, Associate Producer Andy Agostini talks about the innovations made to Be a GM and Player Morale. Below are some notes from the blog, but click here to read all about it.
- Being a GM in NHL 16 is about more than just getting the best players, it’s about getting the right players to play well together. Every player on an NHL or AHL team has a unique personality that you will have to manage. Deal with trade demands, teammate relationships, and much more by calling team meetings or adjusting your roster to directly affect your team’s on-ice performance.
- Every player in our game features a personality type upon entry into the league or when created for the first time (in the case of generated rookies for the Entry Draft). Each personality type includes a number of traits that impact how they react to certain events. Finding the right balance of players with the right traits and personalities can give your players boosts to their ratings and model a harmonious locker room.
- It is possible for a player to have ‘Best Locker Room Chemistry’ with a player on another team. It is important to keep in mind player relationships and who they have ‘High Locker Room Chemistry’ and ‘Low Locker Room Chemistry’ with on the team. For example, if you trade or demote a player that Henrik Sedin has high chemistry with, it may negatively impact his player morale and overall rating.
- Every player's personality is different. Certain personalities will be happier if the team is winning and won’t put much stock in the makeup of the locker room. Other personality types will put more priority on locker room harmony morale and care less about the decisions that the team may make, such as who they may sign, release or send down to the AHL.
- This year also introduces ‘Team Meetings’ into the mode, which allows the user to interact with the team based on almost 30 different key events that can happen to a team in a season, such as being on a winning streak, playing a rival, or facing elimination in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Each of the Team Meetings, and the speech you choose to give to the players based on that meeting will impact the players on the team based on their personality type and the situation. As a result of each Team Meeting, every player on the team will consider the situation they were in and how you spoke to them, which will impact their morale and overall rating. Learning what to say and when, based on the makeup of your locker room will be an important factor in maintaining high morale for your players.
- There are also Player Meetings you can have with players. There are over 20 different specific conversations you can have, ranging on topics from the recent team performance, failing to renew the contract of a teammate, to being made Team Captain. Each conversation may have an impact on personal morale.
02:01 PM - August 20, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K Sports has added the '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers (previously revealed) & '03-'04 Detroit Pistons to the list of classic teams in NBA 2K16.
There will be 12 new classic teams added this year, 7 of them have now been confirmed.
Here is the list of confirmed classic teams so far:
- '03-'04 Detroit Pistons
- '07-'08 Houston Rockets
- '99-'00 Toronto Raptors
- '07-08 Boston Celtics
- '00-'01 Los Angeles Lakers
- '02-'03 Dallas Mavericks
- '99-'00 Portland Trail Blazers
Two more teams will be revealed next Thursday.
01:57 PM - August 20, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
We posted up the scenario if the Steelers won just earlier today from the Madden NFL 16 prologue. Now, let's take a look at the other side of the prologue and what happens if the Cardianls win. Again, this video is full of spoilers so if you are the type who doesn't want to have experiences revealed before you go through them yourself, its best to not watch!
If you can't see the video above, click here.
12:49 PM - August 20, 2015. Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest NBA Live 16 video at the LIVE Spot tattoo shop, showing off some of the various tats you can add to your Rising Star.
11:50 AM - August 20, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The prologue is becoming a staple of EA Sports games, and this year's Madden is no different. The prologue in Madden NFL 16 takes us back to Super Bowl 50, with the Steelers and Cardinals battling it out. If you are averse to spoilers or if you simply want to see what happens yourself -- don't watch. If you want to see what the prologue offers, check out the video above.
10:14 AM - August 20, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chase Becotte
There have been plenty of requests by folks to put up a little info on how to make some Stubs in the Marketplace within Diamond Dynasty. This video is perhaps coming a little late in the season, but hopefully it helps clarify some things and allows you to maximize your profits as you build up a nice surplus to buy players or packs of cards in MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty mode.
If you can't see the video above, click here.
10:12 AM - August 20, 2015. Posted by b1baller. Written by Steve Noah
2K has just revealed the third NBA 2K16 digital short, titled Anthony Davis: Rise, showcasing some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay.
The video documents Anthony Davis’ rise to become one of the premier players in the NBA, as well as his journey through Perspectives Charter High School and the University of Kentucky before joining the New Orleans Pelicans and earning All-NBA First Team honors in 2015.
We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.
This video is the final in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.
If you missed the first two videos, we have links below:
- NBA 2K16 Digital Short - James Harden: Believe
- NBA 2K16 Digital Short - Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
04:08 PM - August 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The trial version of Madden NFL 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to Madden NFL 16, click View in Store and download the trial.
NOTE: It appears as though it isn't showing up for everyone in the EA Access hub. If you don’t see Madden NFL 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.
For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!
REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.
04:01 PM - August 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NBA Live 16 team shared another screenshot, this one featuring Derrick Rose. Post your thoughts!
03:44 PM - August 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NHL 16 team has scheduled their Be a GM Developer Diary tomorrow.
Anything specific you are hoping to hear about?
02:00 PM - August 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K16 Senior Producer, Erick Boenisch, a.k.a. SimBaller, has just posted a new NBA 2K16 Developer Blog detailing MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online, MyGM and much more. Read all about it here and let us know your thoughts!
To view all of the screenshots in the blog at a higher resolution, click here.
10:09 AM - August 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Chris Sanner
EA Sports just posted a new trailer featuring the Presentation Improvements in FIFA 16. EA also posted a new blog, but we've covered all of the improvements mentioned already in an earlier post on Operation Sports.
Check out the trailer above, and let us know what you think of the new presentation improvements in FIFA 16!
09:13 AM - August 19, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Even though the midwest is current experiencing a heat wave, the start of fantasy leagues, preseason rankings, and training camps have me excited that football season is finally upon us. And of course, that means the next Madden release is right around the corner. Seems like a perfect time for another ranking! Let’s take a look at the Madden teams I’m most excited to try on the virtual gridiron.
Read More - Madden NFL 16: The Seven Most Exciting Teams
Read More - Madden NFL 16: The Seven Most Exciting Teams
06:56 AM - August 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports will be kicking off their 16 hour Madden NFL 16 marathon in a few minutes, click here for the link.
Click the spoiler button to watch it here.
The team will discuss gameplay, graphics, presentation, MUT, Draft Champions and much more. Check out the schedule listed in the image above (click on it to get a better resolution).
If you are watching, please post your thoughts.