A look at the process of reviewing tough to review games...
This year's Madden Ultimate Team is better than ever, why you should be giving it a shot.
How to stop the mesh route in Madden, in just about a minute.
Can the past-gen version offer any value to NHL fans?
During an interview with Senior Producer Rob Jones, Outconsumer shows some NBA 2K15 gameplay footage of the Oklahoma City Thunder and Cleveland Cavaliers.
The gameplay starts at roughly the 5 minute mark. Most of the video itself is in Spanish, but during the interview Rob is speaking in English.
Post your thoughts!
HoopsfixVlog has posted this NBA 2K15 gameplay video, featuring James Harden and his Houston Rockets vs. Anthony Davis and his New Orleans Pelicans.
A patch for The Golf Club has been submitted to Microsoft for the Xbox One. HB Studios is hoping that it arrives on September 22nd, but the process could get pushed another week.
They are planning to submit the PlayStation 4 patch to Sony next week.
Below are the details for the Xbox One patch.
Extensive Network Interfacing Improvements
- Improving speed when connecting to servers and stopping time outs.
- Prevent bootflow network disconnect message from advancing to main.
- Improved stability.
- Improved frame rate.
- Course Saving error after a few hours of play – fixed.
- Fixed crash that could occur if the user stayed on a certain screens for an extended period of time.
- This fixed issues with blocky Terrain Editing within course designer.
- Optimisations, to improve frame rate.
- Sped up, so users are now not waiting 10 seconds between shots.
- Fixed multiple issues where it would get sometimes get stuck mid round.
- Fixed bunker issues around the green.
- A couple of low frequency crash bugs fixed.
- Fixed issue with Carousel menu sometimes not showing the correct state, and improved flow going back and forward.
- Links theme fixed so heavy rough wasn’t thought of as water.
- Fixed multiple issues with the flow that were causing issues with restarting a tour.
- Pop up implemented on Network fail requests.
- Allow advance through tour cards.
- Fixed a hard lock on female, left handed animation.
- Fixed a couple of animation transitions.
- Fixed spin decay bug that resulted in crazy behavior when the ball hit the pin.
- Added a cup physics material.
- Fixed tap in issue with putting.
- FMod Thread affinity fix.
- Also improved frame rate of the game.
- Fix for Grand Opening challenge (Was not being awarded).
- Fix for Lucky Number 7 Achievement (Broken when hitting water, and added test for at or above par as-per description).
- Replay bug, where ball would sometimes not replay correctly.
- Fixed issue where putting details would be hidden behind players heads.
- The ‘Auto Add Friends’ option in Game Settings will be respected again.
- The in-game scorecard will resize to fit the longest name.
- Improved the quality of the filters on the Select Rivals screen.
- Fixed the disappearing of the scorecard title text when displaying the screen for a while.
- Removed the time and date on the message center (Unity doesn’t support System Clock on Xbox One).
- Fixed the inconsistent displaying of the message center on various screens.
- Remove unneeded texts on course detail screen during offline mode.
- Fixed issue where Player edit screen becomes too dark to see the player when the background course time is evening.
- Fixed the flag marker for left handed mode.
- Fixed the longest hole out display at end of round showing spurious figure when user did not sink anything from off the green.
- Increased the limit for the length of the list when fetching data from database, so select course, tour and create course lists display correct number for certain filters.
- Username Truncations issues.
- Fixed scorecard and overview yardage discrepancies.
- Fixed scorecard color issue when in tours.
- Fixed scout camera positioning issues.
- A collection of fixes to the statistics and telemetry including the average score always stating E.
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In the sixth episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode look back at Week 2 and the horror show that it was for the Big 10, or B1G, after losses by Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State, a breakdown of Virginia Tech's huge upset of the Buckeyes, plus USC Athletic Director Pat Haden's trip to the sidelines during the Trojans game against Stanford and what to take away from that bizarre scene. The guys then look forward to Week 3's biggest games, from the local battle between Maryland and West Virginia, to the marquee match-up in SEC country, as Georgia travels to South Carolina, and much, much more!
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys next Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
(Hover over the image and click for a better resolution, or click here)
The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 201st overall rated player through the 424th.
The top 200 players will be revealed later, as the Twitter account builds more followers.
Post your thoughts!
EA Sports has started their NHL 15 Hockey Ultimate Team season with their annual HUT Season Opener Sweepstakes.
They will be giving out prizes from today until September 22nd. All you have to do is play one game of Hockey Ultimate Team to get entered into the sweepstakes. Everyone that enters will receive a HUT Gold Pack on September 27th.
Check out the prizes below.
- Grand Prize: 2 tickets to an NHL regular season game (incl. travel and only available to NA players)
- Runner Up Prize: 10 users will receive 1 HUT Gold Premium Packs (untradeable, unsellable)
- Everyone: 1 HUT Gold Pack (untradeable, unsellable) – packs awarded on or before September 27
1) Create a HUT Team
Enter Hockey Ultimate Team from the NHL 15 main menu. Enter a team name and abbreviation and open your starter pack.
2) Play a HUT Game
Once your select BUILD TEAM you are all set up to jump into your first HUT game. Go to the PLAY tab and select ONLINE SEASONS or PLAY SOLO and complete one game of HUT.
3) That’s it!
Once you finish your game you’ll automatically be entered into the sweepstakes. You must play your first game from September 12 to Sept 22 at 11:59pm PT to qualify.
Here to redeem your Gold Pack:
Everyone who plays a HUT game between September 12 to Sept 22 at 11:59pm will receive a HUT Gold Pack on Sept 27. To redeem your pack go to UNOPENED PACKS on the HUT main menu.
Full rules can be found here.
The 100th episode of the Press Row Podcast features further analysis of the big sports titles that have recently landed, including further discussion of Madden 15, a spirited debate on the merits of The Golf Club, and a look into what happened with the PS4/Xbox One launch of NHL 15. Thank you to everyone who has helped us get to this great milestone, and we hope that we can be around for hundreds more episodes!
Joining us this week:
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- Chris Sanner, Operation Sports (@Chrissnr)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
Check out the latest NBA 2K15 trailer, titled "What If"...
We have just posted our interview with Visual Concepts' Kelly Wilson, as we go over what's new in the NBA 2K15 MyTEAM mode.
Read the entire interview here.
EA Sports has released their official FIFA 15 TV commercial. The demo is available now for PS3, 360, PS4, Xbox One and PC, with the game shipping on September 23rd.
Football is the world’s greatest drama and EA SPORTS™ FIFA 15 will put fans center stage. So close to the real thing, FIFA 15 takes fans on a dramatic ride - immersing them in the game so they feel and experience everything that happens on the pitch.
Launching today, the ‘Feel The Game’ campaign celebrates the arrival of FIFA 15 and depicts how players are now so close to the action they can literally feel the emotion of every tackle, save, and goal. Created by Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam, the global campaign kicks off with an epic 2:15 film that puts FIFA 15 fans at the heart of the action. Watch the video here.
Immersed in the game’s world, the film shows FIFA fans experiencing everything that the players feel. Fans are plunged onto the pitch for an in-game view of the action, separated only by a thin television screen. The action also seeps into their environments; when it rains in game, it pours in their loft; when a player receives a crunching tackle, the FIFA fan takes the impact and falls across the room; and when players rise in unison to protect their goal, objects in the room rise to the occasion.
Lionel Messi plays the hero - even one of the world’s greatest football players can feel the emotion of FIFA 15.
The campaign airs globally starting today, with versions of the film running across TV and digital channels. The full-length 2:15 TV commercial will also air on US TV broadcast during the Manchester United match on Sunday, September 14th.
NHL 15 on Xbox One and PS4 has presented me with one of the biggest cases of cognitive dissonance I've had in some time. From one perspective, it looks better than it ever has before, and it plays very well. From another point of view, it provides no meaningful ways to enjoy the game, offline or online. Sure, there are a handful of modes to be found in NHL 15, but when you consider the plethora of options that users have had before now, it just leaves a real bad taste.
Bottom line: this game isn't worth full price.
Read More - NHL 15 Review (XB1/PS4)
Confirmed player ratings:
J. Lin - 77
K. Bryant - 89
W. Johnson - 73
C. Boozer - 78
J. Hill - 76
N. Young - 78
E. Davis - 73
J. Randle - 76
S. Nash - 76
R. Kelly 71
R. Sacre - 67
J. Clarkson - 70
X. Henry - 73
S. Curry - 89
K. Thompson - 82
A. Iguodala - 82
D. Lee - 82
A. Bogut - 80
H. Barnes - 76
D. Green - 77
S. Livingston - 74
M. Speights - 72
B. Rush - 69
D. Kuzmic - 67
N. Nedovic - 67
F. Ezeli - 67
Lakers and Warriors Ratings
NBA 2K15 Game Intro Cavs vs. Knicks
NBA 2K15 Gameplay Knicks vs. Cavs Part 1
NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Knicks vs. Cavs Part 2
Check out the latest shaky cam video footage of WWE 2K15, taken from the GameStop Expo. (Video #1, Video #2)
Check out the latest PES 2015 gameplay video from WinningElevenBlogEs, featuring Spain vs. Portugal.
After the goal Spain has a sequence of 20 straight passes in their own half (from ~1:03-1:37). I don't think I've ever seen that in a video game. CPU Spain really got into a groove at times just like they would/do in real life and frustrated the user with their tiki-taka.
DriveClub is preparing an impressive and aggressive post-launch DLC campaign, which will include free content for gamers purchase the game.
The game already features 55 routes over 25 tracks in the game, but users will be getting free tracks for a few months after the game releases. Users also will get nine free cars via DLC in the months following the game's release.
Also coming to the game post-release will be dynamic weather and a photo mode, for free.
And, if that's not enough there will also be premium DLC planned well into 2015. Users can purchase a season pass for $24.99 which will give them $75.00 in post-release content.
Driveclub begins on October 7.
Additional information from the comments section: