Talking about the Madden Live Challenge tournament.
It seriously was a bit of a letdown...
The sports are everywhere, so let's discuss the games...
Operation Sports Content
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
07:07 PM - November 10, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS.
A new NHL 16 roster update is available now, which updates Jack Eichel, rookie portraits and presentation elements.
To get the roster update, simply follow these directions:
- In the NHL 16 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’ under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters.
04:53 PM - November 10, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Forza Horizon 2 Fast & Furious car pack is available now for $10 on Xbox One, featuring 10 cars from the "Fast and Furious" saga.
Here is the list of cars available in the pack.
- 1968 Dodge Charger “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 1970 Ford Escort RS1600 “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 2014 Terradyne Gurkha LAPV “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport C2 “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 1995 Toyota Supra RZ “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 2001 Honda S2000 “Fast & Furious” Edition
- 2002 Nissan Fairlady Z “Fast & Furious” Edition
12:33 PM - November 10, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, check out the details in the screenshot above (click the image for a higher resolution). Each roster update will contain accessory and team color changes.
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
If any other details are revealed, we will update this post. Let us know what you are seeing!
12:18 PM - November 10, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA has just released their EA Sports UFC 2 vision trailer, check it out here. While it doesn't show any gameplay, it does offer up quite a bit of details about the game, with more scheduled to be released on Friday, November 13. No official release date was announced, but it is scheduled to arrive for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in the Spring of 2016.
Check out the trailer and let us know what are you seeing!
Monday, November 9, 2015
06:20 PM - November 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
When 2K announced the WWE 2K16 Creation Studio app would release shortly after the launch of WWE 2K16, many fans figured it would have been out by now. Unfortunately, the team has announced that it will be delayed a few more weeks, with a confirmed release date to be revealed soon.
The free app for iOS and Android devices gives players the ability to take photos of their faces and easily upload the images to WWE 2K16. Once the image is in the game, it’s easy to add the face to a created Superstar or Diva. Read more about the WWE 2K16 Creation Studio app here.
05:13 PM - November 9, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
With the 2015 sports gaming season well underway, there's no better time than now to ask which type of mode has been getting the most playtime from you in all of your sports game ventures thus far this year?
Don't make this too hard, just think about which type of mode you are playing the most and vote for that option in the poll!
Also let us know how/why you've been centering in those areas in the comments!
04:56 PM - November 9, 2015. Posted by aholbert32. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has just announced EA Sports UFC 2 on their official Twitter feed. They have scheduled more details to be revealed tomorrow.
The original EA Sports UFC released on June 17, 2014, read our review here. Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson felt like the game would be released every other year, before the original game release date was even announced.
What are you hoping to see or hear about?
10:12 AM - November 9, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
When Damjan Rudež rose off the bench and eagerly began his four-and-a-half-minute shift during the Minnesota Timberwolves season opener, I knew exactly why head coach Sam Mitchell had sent him in: to shoot the rock. The 6-foot-10 reserve forward from Croatia -- who was a "DNP Coach's Decision" in the second game this year -- probably checked in and out of the LA Staples Center without being noticed by most television viewers and audience members. But if you've taken NBA 2K16's MyTeam mode online, you probably recognized Rudež's name and face immediately because his 85-rated standing shot -- plus hot spots in the corners and at the top of the key -- make him one of the best perimeter threats in the "bronze" tier, which is limited to athletes rated below a 70 overall.
Read More - NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Early Seeds Give Roster Rejects a Time to Shine
08:35 AM - November 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
FIFA 16 title update #3, which was released for PC users last week, is available for PlayStation 4 users. It is scheduled to release soon for Xbox One users, but no specific date or time has been announced. Check out the details of the title update below.
UPDATE: The update is available now for Xbox One users.
- Star heads for some players, many of which are from the newly promoted Barclays Premier League teams this season.
- New third kits have been added for Roma, Barcelona, and Inter Milan.
- Improvements to online matchmaking.
- One instance of a team celebrating a goal at the wrong moment.
- An exploit to win/loss record in FIFA Online Seasons.
- Correct country flags appearing in FIFA Pro Clubs.
- One instance of Pro Club accomplishments resetting for a small number of users.
- An issue on PS4 that caused screen size changes to not save correctly.
- Updated the default value assigned to the Buy Now option to the max value when listing an item for sale on the Transfer Market.
- Improvements to Compare Price when used on consumable items.
- Issue where your Goalkeeper was the default selection for all Player Roles.
- An issue in settings where the image of the ball didn’t match the selected ball.
- An issue that caused a shared Concept Squad to be displayed as a playable squad in the EA Sports Football Club news feed.
- An issue with the use of historical kits by your opponent in Play a Friend’s Squad.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
10:16 AM - November 8, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Driveclub Game Update 1.24 Available Now, Features Private Lobbies and Much More
- Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update Details (11-2-15)
- NBA Live 16: The Highs and Lows of Rising Star Mode
- Konami Apologizes for PES 2016 Roster Issues, But Confusion Still in the Air
- New NBA 2K16 Patch Available Now For PC Users, Patch Notes Included
- Thanks to Roster Problems, Are You More or Less Likely to buy a PES 2017? (Poll)
- Forza Motorsport 6 eBay Motors Car Pack Arrives Tomorrow, November 3
- MLB 15 The Show: A Look Back At What Worked and What Didn't
- NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (11/3/15)
- NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (11-3-15)
- Forza Motorsport 6 November Content Update Available, Details Included
- The First 16 Days of FIFA 16's Launch Provides Some Interesting Stats
- Week 9: Operation Sports Fantasy Football Championship on FanDuel
- Need for Speed Review (PS4/XB1)
- NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (11-4-15)
- NBA Live 16 Updated Rosters Available Now, Includes 5 New Uniforms (11-5-15)
- Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16
- NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Should be Submitted to Sony & MS This Week, Some Details Revealed
- Two Special Edition Fallout 4 Cars Coming to Forza Motorsport 6
- Super Mega Baseball - Extra Innings DLC Available Now For PS4, Patch 1.02 Details
- FIFA 16 Title Update #3 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included
- NBA 2K16 Video - Shootin (Shady00018)
- NHL 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included
- Improving Be a Legend in PES
- Press Row Podcast - The Rise and Influence of eSports
- Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now (11-6-15)
- WWE 2K16 Patch 1.02 Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included
Saturday, November 7, 2015
07:16 AM - November 7, 2015. Posted by RnRexpress3423. Written by Steve Noah
WWE 2K16 patch 1.02 is available now for PlayStation 4 users. We will update this post when it becomes available for Xbox One users, scheduled to arrive sometime today.
UPDATE: The patch is available now for Xbox One users.
• Addressed several issues where performing a move would cause a character to warp unnaturally
• The AI should now be able to consistently climb to the second rope
• Fixed an issue where Superstars unnaturally dropped back to a prone position when interrupted while transitioning from a prone to kneeling position
• Fixed a warping issue when a kneeling Superstar attempted to pin a grounded opponent
• Reversing a ground stomp now provides the reversing character with adequate time to perform a follow-up action or attack
• Addressed an issue where a character could not use both Finishers if one was a strong strike and the other was a grapple
• In tag matches, reduced the delay for the AI to perform a double team tag
• Fixed several issues where reversal indicators weren’t appearing consistently
• Fixed several display and functional issues with leverage pins
• Fixed an issue with an attacker not cleanly transitioning into a dazed state after having a running attack reversed in the corner
• Reduced the delay before the victory scene after a Superstar wins a table match
• Addressed a delay that would occur if two different Stone Cold versions were used in a One-on-One match
• Addressed an issue where the player could lose character control after falling from the side of the cage onto a broken announce table in a Hell in a Cell match
• Addressed an issue where warping could occur when playing as a manager during entrance break-outs
• Addressed an issue with reversals consumed and momentum gained when reversing an announce table OMG! move
• Fixed an issue where a character would vibrate unnaturally when pushed against the ropes from chain wrestling
• Fixed an issue where the first count wasn’t grayed out when a character performs a pin after a Finisher in a steel cage match
• The charge finisher prompt now appears properly when performing a charged finisher from the top or middle rope
• Addressed several gameplay exploits that could occur in Elimination Chamber matches
• Fixed a stability issue that could occur when playing a Royal Rumble match
• Chain wrestling will no longer occur in a match after a character enters the ring with a foreign object
• Fixed an exploit where corner finisher were not properly consuming a Finisher icon under certain conditions
• Addressed numerous issues related to stability in online matches and when transitioning from the end of one match to another or when handling a player disconnection mid-match
• Alternate attires will no longer revert to the default attire and move-set when entering an online game
• Eliminated an issue where users could experience a prolonged hang while searching for a 2K Tonight match
• Fixed an issue where Custom Superstar names weren’t appearing correctly on the results screen after online matches
• Addressed an issue where a mic chat icon was incorrectly appearing for COM players
• Fixed an issue where the crowd wasn’t holding up sign boards for the Superstars or Divas in the current match
• Addressed an issue in which a player’s framerate suffered significantly after finding an opponent during a practice match
• Fixed an issue where character hair and the announce tables stopped displaying after a number of consecutive online matches
• Addressed an issue where hands were not animating as intended in online matches
• Fixed an issue with the referee’s size in 2K Tonight and WWE Live Matches
• Addressed an issue where Superstars could get stuck in an Elimination Chamber match under certain conditions
• Fixed an issue where Superstars wearing an alternate attire were invisible during victory scenes
• Addressed lighting issues with several characters when using in custom arenas or with a custom entrance
• Addressed camera propping and clipping issues during the introduction sequence before title matches and during entrance break-outs
• Addressed several presentation issues that were occurring during replays after a match
• Addressed an issue with the pre-match title presentation when using a Custom Superstar holding a Custom Championship
• Addressed an issue where male managers for Divas were performing an inappropriate animation during victory scenes
• Fixed an issue where the referee behaved unnaturally during break outs in singles matches
• Addressed numerous clipping and warping issues with clothing parts used in certain combinations
• Addressed several stability issues when modifying various parts in combination
• Addressed an issue with designs failing to appear on faces in gameplay for Custom Superstars with a face photo image applied
• Edited Move-sets for a WWE Superstar or Diva will now copy properly to other characters rather than the default move-set
• Fixed an issue where face changes could revert when selecting ‘ACCEPT’ after using Face Photo and Face Deformation
• Fixed a large number of texture issues occurring with certain outfits
• Addressed an issue with hair styles appearing unnatural when paired with certain clothing options
• Logos can now be consistently applied to sleeves and the legs of longer outfits
• Addressed an issue with improper geometry on Divas’ heads when deforming the face to look smaller
• Fixed an issue where head accessory items were not applying properly when using a particular face template
• Fixed several issues where the dummies in Edit Move-set didn’t sync properly when performing a move
• Edited multiple moves in the ground category in Edit Move-set to highlight the correct respective body parts that they target
• Fixed an issue where numerous hairstyles were appearing with a green tint
• Fixed a hang that could occur when making color changes from the Edit Layers menu
• Fixed a loss of functionality that could occur when trying to access the Edit Parts or Edit Face menu for multiple Custom Superstars in a row
WWE COMMUNITY CREATIONS
• Improved overall download and search times when using Community Creations
• Fixed an issue with sort filters not displaying the expected content
• Addressed a stability issue when trying to download a character with max logos applied
• When searching for download items by a specific creator, the downloads page will no longer reset to show all listings after backing out of viewing one item
• Addressed an issue where the player couldn’t effectively search for their own uploaded creations using the “User’s Own” search condition
• Addressed an issue where custom entrance settings for Custom Superstars were not uploading to Community Creations
• Fixed an issue where alternate attire saves were not showing up in save slots, which allowed them to be unintentionally overwritten
• Fixed several stability and presentation issues that occur when skipping certain entrances or cutscenes
• Fixed a gameplay issue when pinning Austin as Triple H when playing the match for Special Objective “Triple H vs. Steve Austin”
• Addressed an issue when trying to complete the Special Objective “Three Time Royal Rumble Winner”
• Addressed lighting issues with characters in certain cutscenes
• Addressed a warping issue when restarting the King of the Ring 1996 match
• Addressed a stability issue that could occur in gameplay against Bret Hart in the Survivor Series 1996 match
• Addressed an issue where Stone Cold didn’t properly appear in the ring in a cutscene for the Survivor Series 1996 match.
• Fixed an issue that could occur with the pin meter during the Degeneration X: In Your House 1997 match
• Fixed an issue where the player could improperly fulfill an objective against Dude Love in the Over the Edge ’98 Match
• Attributes, Abilities, and Skills now clearly display as grayed out when copying a move-set from a Custom Superstar via Quick Edit in MyCAREER
• Addressed an issue where relationships were not resetting properly upon the completion of a rivalry with a tag team
• Addressed an issue where an imported Custom Superstar would not appear properly until after the match against Enzo Amore if Career Invasion was toggled ‘on’
• Fixed an issue where the user could be matched against Sting while in a temporary alliance with him
• Eliminated an exploit where Sting’s bat could be used indefinitely during run-ins
• Addressed an issue where incorrect dialogue choices could occur during an interview
• Fixed oddities in camera movement during interviews when playing as a very short Superstar
• Fixed an issue where Tyler Breeze’s selfie stick would flicker and float in mid-air when the player performs a run-in on him
• Addressed issues where the ring announcer wasn’t correct calling the champion and challenger during certain events
• Addressed issues where an improper facial animation was used during certain scenes
• Fixed camera view and issues with Superstars gesturing to missing arena elements in several cutscenes
• Addressed an issue where commentary wasn’t playing properly in certain cutscenes
• The main event for the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View will now always be a Royal Rumble match regardless of the title the player is currently pursuing
• Addressed several issues where interactions with The Authority were causing inconsistent rivalries and match bookings to occur
• Fixed an issue where the Finisher prompt wasn’t displaying properly for the player when first performing an entrance run-in during the tutorial
• Participants in the Tag Team Championship rankings now appear more frequently in singles competition, allowing the user more opportunities for run-ins to establish rivalries
• Fixed a few instances where cutscenes were ending abruptly
• Decreased the occurrence of matches against Career Invasion Superstars since they were happening too frequently
• Fixed several instances of ill-fitting commentary in various cutscenes
• Title matches are now creatable for all matches on the match card. They do not require a rivalry.
• Addressed a title stability issue that could occur after a ‘No Content’ is called during a break out or run-in
• Rivalry matches with customized participants no longer appear blank on the match card
• Fixed several instances where match events weren’t triggering under the appropriate conditions
• Addressed an issue where the No. 1 Contender rank wasn’t properly displayed under “Current Ranking” when editing Superstars or Divas
• Fixed an issue where the crowd didn’t appear correctly if entering a WWE Universe match when exiting WWE Online under certain conditions
• Addressed several instances where a player’s UI could become blurred
• Reduced the delay before the match begins after the loading screen bar appears full
• Fixed numerous issues with impact sounds for certain moves or actions playing twice or not at all
• The ring announcer will now correctly announce the team name of a custom team
• Eliminated a random buzzer noise that would play during the pre-match against the AI when matchmaking for a 6-Man Elimination Chamber match
• Lilian Garcia now announces Custom Superstars when holding a title and mentions custom championships as intended
• Impact audio will now play properly when throwing a Superstar onto a table in a Table or Extreme Rules match
• Added support for the WWE 2K16 New Moves Pack downloadable content ahead of release. Players who have not purchased the downloadable content will still be able to matchmake with and participate in matches against those who have the downloadable content installed.
• Fixed a stability issue with editing Arnold T1’s entrance in Advanced Creation
Friday, November 6, 2015
05:22 PM - November 6, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived. Check out the blog here and a PDF of all the changes here.
This roster marks the mid-season update, which includes a lot of big changes, roster moves, free agent signings and more.
It also adds Tyron Smith to the list of 99 overall rated players, joining Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, J.J. Watt, Rob Gronkowski, Marshal Yanda and Von Miller.
Stefan Diggs | WR, MIN | +5 OVR (82 OVR)
Doug Martin | HB, TB | +3 OVR (88 OVR)
Carson Palmer | QB, ARZ | +3 OVR (94)
Jason Witten | TE, DAL | -4 OVR (88 OVR)
Colin Kaepernick (benched) | QB, SF | -3 OVR (77 OVR)
Vontae Davis | CB, IND | -3 OVR (91 OVR)
03:37 PM - November 6, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Whether you’re a big fan or have zero interest, the explosive growth of money, coverage, and influence of eSports is undeniable. As major game publishers analyze the eSports landscape, what – if anything – does it mean for fans of “traditional” sports video games? Are are the similarities and differences between mainstream sports and eSports? Why have eSports become so popular in the first place? Rich Grisham is joined by Kat Bailey to chat about all of these topics on Press Row for the first time.
Joining us this week:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 56 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
10:31 AM - November 6, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Groves
When news began leaking out about PES 2016, most fans looked to the usual: gameplay enhancements, tweaks to Master League, and of course, online stability. Become a Legend (BAL) sadly fell by the wayside once again. For a mode that was once the torch-bearer for single player footy career modes, the mode has become stagnant and is in dire need of a makeover.Read More - Improving Be a Legend in PES
06:44 AM - November 6, 2015. Posted by Millennium. Written by Millennium
NHL 16 patch 1.04 is available now for Xbox One (2.1GB) and PlayStation 4 (2.3GB), providing fixes for gameplay, Be A Pro, Be A GM, presentation and much more.
Check out all of the details below, taken from the PlayStation 4 NHL 16 Update History.
EASHL Club Challenges
- Select Club Challenge dressing room and search for the team you wish to challenge. When both teams are ready to play, send the challenge and start your game. The game will only count towards your Pro's Player Badges progression and personal stats.
- AI goalie attributes will be lowered in the situation where a player controlled goalie drops from game to be fair for the other team
- When a new Gameplay Tuner is available to download it will show up in the NHL 16 main menu. Note from Millennium - Settings still only show V1.00 or Latest for tuner selections
- Increased the chance of a trip when spamming pokecheck from behind the puck carrier
- Added ability for players to lose speed the more they spam pokecheck
- Tuned down the ability for players to perform defensive deflections behind them
- Pokechecks will now only connect with strength on the way out, not on the sticks return back to the player
- Addressed issue where the AI player would be able to get a full powered pass without powering up first after a User called for a pass
- The AI will no longer auto pass when a Player does a manual windup for a show outside of the offensive zone
- Increased the effect of the pass reception slider in the gameplay setting
- Addressed issue where the gosalie Butterflu Sliders weren't overriding Precision Motion
- Addressed issue where some players would be stuck in goalie control after making a pass as a goalie
- Added butterflu slides out of both VH and Hug Post to make it easier to slide across out of those positions
- User controlled goalie will now face the puck earlier as it is carried towards them
- Goalies now receive the puck more cleanly with their stick from a standing position
- Addressed issue where a goalie woudl sometimes get stuck sliing in the butterfly
- Pucks can no longer be chopped if the stick goes through the goalie first so that they behave the same as pokechecks
- Fixed issues where AI players wouldn't avoid their own net properly with the puck
- Fixed issue where User players woudl sometimes be stuck on the bench while an AI player played for them after situations where they served a penalty
- Added more conditions in goalie interference logic to increase accuracy to the calls for both allowed and disallowed goals
- Fixed the button callout for accepting fights when using Hybrid controls
- Added ability for Precision Skating to trigger at lower speeds
- Fixed issues with the True Broadcast camera pan direction in Shootouts
- Weakside AI defender won't look to hit the puck carrier when they are outside the slot
- AI will look for hits during in-zone defense even if they don't have a great angle. This will allow AI players to bump a player off the puck even twhen the puck carrier has their back to them
- Fixed issue where shot accuracy was too high on hardcore gamestyle when spinning around before taking a slapshot
- Fixed issue where in some cases, the AI goalie wouldn't track the shoowing position properly when a player was rolling the puck back before shooting in a shootout scenario
- Increased the likelihood of being drafted if the user starts in the CHL
- Enabled the user to switch between Classic and Authentic styles after entering the mode
- Decreased the likelihood of the game switching between Classic and Authentic automatically
- Players will not get penalized for long shifts until 10 seconds after they are called to the bench
- On-Ice Trainer visualizations will now show up for both teams if there are local users on both the home and away teams
- Feedback hints can now be shown when Control hints are disabled
- Coaching Feedback - Classic BAP players will not lose excessive Endurance experience for long shifts
- Coaching Feedback - Fix for some coaching instructions not clearing quickly enough
- Coaching Feedback - Defensive letter grades now accumulate correctly in EASHL
- Coaching Feedback - Tie-ups and stick lifts from faceoff grip positions were not counting as using that grip in coaching feedback
- Coaching Feedback - Deflections no longer awarded to defensive players blocking shots
- Coaching Feedback - Blocked shots that hit sticks no longer count as blocked passes if there was a recent pass
- Coaching Feedback - Shot blocks now count if they hit your stick
- Decreased amount of Team and Player meetings that occur during a season
- Decreased the amount of points an average defenseman gets during a sim
- Added a setting to Disable Team and Player Meetings
- Decreased the impact of team chemisty on the sim engine
- Added the Moncton Wildcats 3rd Jersey
- Added the Frolunda Indians Home and Away Jerseys
- Added the Providence Bruins 3rd Jersey
- Added the Nashville Predators Golden Alternate Jersey
- Added the New York Islanders 3rd Jersey
- Added the Hershey Bears 3rd Jersey
- Added the Texas Stars Home and Away jerseys
- Added the Wilkes Barre Penguins 3rd Jersey
- Improvements for Grand Rapids Home and Away Name plate bar fix
- Improvements for Kamloops Blazers Home and Away number color fixes, "C/A" placement fix
- Fix the Montreal Canadiens Home jersey eyelet and collar lace
- Updated various center ice designs for authenticity
- Updated various goal horns and goal song timing for authenticity
- Added 15 female heads to create player selection
- Equipment - Added Brian's Sub Zero 3 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
- Equipment - Added Vaughn Vintage Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
- Equipment - Added Ventus LT98 Goalie pads, blocker and trapper
- Equipment - Added CCM 4-Roll Pro III glove