A look at the process of reviewing tough to review games...
This year's Madden Ultimate Team is better than ever, why you should be giving it a shot.
How to stop the mesh route in Madden, in just about a minute.
Can the past-gen version offer any value to NHL fans?
The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 151st overall rated player through 200.
The top 150 players will be revealed later, as the Twitter account builds more followers.
Post your thoughts!
EA Sports has released a roster update for NBA Live 14. It includes the offseason moves, but none of the rookies were included. Based off of first glance, it doesn't appear as though any jersey numbers were updated. LeBron James is still wearing 6 and Kevin Love is wearing 42.
Big player names have been moved to their appropriate teams, even some of the most recent transactions are in.
- Leandro Barbosa with the Warriors.
- Shawn Marion with the Cavs.
- Not seeing Jared Dudley on the Bucks, he's still on the Clippers roster.
- Kendall Marshall with the Bucks.
- Cartier Martin with the Pistons.
- Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw with the Knicks.
- Mike Miller with the Cavs.
- Mo Williams with the Wolves.
Polyphony has released a new update for Gran Turismo 6 featuring new cars and tracks, as well as other odds and ends on the PS3.
New to the game are two new cars. The Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo and the Nissan GT-R NISMO Edition. Also new is the first original long course called Circuito de la Sierra, which is modeled after the Ronda region of Spain. Players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time. The time remaining can be extended by passing through checkpoints in the 12 different sectors of the course. During your drive you can raise your score and combo level by successfully overtaking vehicles and passing through speed traps along the way. Be careful, any impact to the barriers or other cars will cause your combo to be lost.
If you have the game, be sure to let us know how the new Sierra Time Rally mode is!
The Crew has released two more trailers for the game, expected to release on November 11th, 2014 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PC.
Early access to FIFA 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers with a six hour gameplay limit.
As most of you are already aware, this includes time spent in the menus as well. So make sure you close out of the game and the app to be sure the timer stops.
Play a few matches and post your impressions.
Codemasters has released another F1 2014 video. This one features a hot lap at Singapore. They have also released some new screenshots.
F1 2014 arrives for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on October 21st with plans to release a new F1 title on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC next year.
The Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition arrives on October 21st. It will include all six of the previously released downloadable content. You can view the new trailer here.
Read the full press release below.
Game Includes All Need for Speed Rivals DLC with Some of the World’s Finest Automobiles
Ghost Games™, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio, announced today that the critically acclaimed Need for Speed™ Rivals Complete Edition will be in-store on October 21 in North America and October 24 in Europe. Players will get the chance to take the rivalry between cops and racers to Redview County with even more cars. Play as either a cop or racer, where each side of the law has its own set of high stakes challenges, rewards and consequences. Risk everything in the ultimate high stakes rivalry.
Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition will include all six of the previously released downloadable content:
- Ferrari Edition Special Complete Pack – Includes both Cop and Racer versions of these extreme machines - The Ferrari F40 and the Ferrari F50.
- Simply Jaguar Complete Pack – Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the Jaguar C-X75, the most advanced Jaguar ever created, and the Jaguar XJ220 - the world’s first Hypercar.
- Concept Lamborghini Complete Pack – Includes both Cop and Racer versions of the astonishing Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo and the stunning Lamborghini Miura Concept.
- The Koenigsegg Agera One – The Koenigsegg One:1 is in a category of its own. It´s not a Supercar, not a Hypercar…It´s a One:1. The name refers to the almost impossible and highly sought-after ratio of one horsepower per kilogram.
- Complete Movie Pack – Includes Cop and Racer versions of the GTA Spano; and Lamborghini Sesto Elemento. Plus, the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 722 Edition as a Cop and the Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR Roadster 722 S as a Racer.
- Loaded Garage Pack – Complete your vehicle collection with the Loaded Garage Pack which includes the Ultimate Cop Pack, Ultimate Racer Pack, Premium Livery Pack, Classic Muscle Livery, Track Day Livery, VIP Matte Kit Livery and Digital Revolution Livery.
EA Sports has revealed the complete list of leagues and clubs in FIFA 15. For MLS fans, it looks like the expansion teams for New York City FC, Orlando City SC and Atlanta didn't make the cut. New York City FC and Orlando City SC will most likely be added in an update, similar to how the Whitecaps and Timbers were. Atlanta doesn't begin play until 2017.
UPDATE: Orlando City will be available in the November update.
With the 20th season just around the corner, the MLS has revealed a new logo, along with club versions of the crest. The evolution of the logo can be seen here, via Deadspin.
FIFA 15 will feature them, as seen in the second video on this page. Let's hope they can get all the stadiums in next year.
Week 2 was another big success with 93 Operationsports members playing in our championship league! It’s not too late to join, since each league lasts just one week. Week 3’s league is just $5 to enter, pays out $500 in total cash prizes, and the winner gets to compete for the championship and a free Playstation 4 or Xbox One in the week 5 final!
Here’s the link for week 3’s league. All lineups lock and the league starts on Sunday at 1:00 PM ET.
Congratulations to Ertlt, who won the week 2 league behind 80 combined points from a trio of Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson and Randal Cobb combined for 80 of his 149 points!
Here’s Ertlt's full team, which was good for a nice $75 payout in week 2! For his win, Ertlt also earns a chance to win a PS4 in the week 5 championship league.
Click here to join the week 3 league. Good luck!
DarkAlextesteur (Dark_Alex) has posted over 30 minutes of Driveclub gameplay video. FYI, it's in French...
There's a new baseball game coming to town by the name of Super Mega Baseball. Super Mega Baseball promises to bring a fresh and fun new experience for PlayStation gamers, with a graphical style that's a bit over the top -- but with quite realistic baseball on the field.
Created by Metalhead Software, the game seeks to begin to fill the void left by big publishers who vacated the non-licensed but more lighthearted area within world of sports video games.
In a blog on PlayStation.com, co-founder of Metalhead Studios Scott Drader said this about the vision behind the game, "I’ll acknowledge that there’s some nostalgia in my words. The reality is that games have improved, and so have expectations. There are reasons we see fewer sports games now. There are reasons that indie developers haven’t penetrated the sports genre in the same way they have other genres. I could talk all day about how these things came to be, but let’s just say that we decided it was absolutely necessary that we make a new couch-coop/competitive baseball game."
Here are some relevant details on the game:
- 2-4 player couch co-op/competitive: This can be head-to-head, 2v1, 2v2, or co-op vs the CPU. When you’ve got a teammate, you’ll be alternating batting/running each at-bat, and alternating pitching/fielding each inning. This means everyone’s involved and you’ll have to be on your toes. There’s per-user, sliding difficulty settings, meaning you’ll be able to easily setup a close game between friends of any skill levels.
- Ultra responsive, blazing fast gameplay: In a nutshell, you’re going to spend most of your time telling your players what to do. All the cinematic stuff is skippable and you’ll be able to cut through 9-innings in 20 minutes. The basic controls are ultra-easy to learn, but you’ll need to master jumping, diving, wall-catches, power-swings, and cut-off plays to properly dominate your friends.
- Full batting/pitching stats: There’s not much to say here other than that the information you expect to see is all there.
- Realistic simulation and physics: Don’t be fooled by the light-hearted/comical presentation; the fundamentals of the sport of baseball are here.
- Leveling System: You’ll tally up Starpoints for hits/strikeouts/catches during each game, Level Up once you have enough, and then hire staff to train and coach your players, boosting their abilities. Use that jacked up team to win at higher difficulties (and post higher leaderboard scores than your friends!).
- Team customizations: Customize the look of your squad to your hearts delight. You can make as many aesthetic adjustments as you want. Laaaaadies… are in the house (and the game).
Added two brand-new game features and a variety of prizes. Climb your way to the top of “The Ladder” or pick sides in real life WWE matchups with the “People's Champion Challenge!”
- New “People's Champion Challenge” Mode: WWE SuperCard will take real life WWE matchups and let you pick a side. Earn wins for your side to increase your rank, win the matchup, and acquire exclusive cards based on your performance!
- “The Ladder:” Every game counts towards gaining ground in your climb to get to the top of “The Ladder.” The higher you ascend, the more rewards you’ll unlock. Track your progress and see how many games left until your next big prize!
- Added WWE Diva Paige cards. NOTE: Only available as prizes in “The Ladder.”
- New Ultra Rare Card Pack added in store.
As mentioned earlier this morning, NBA 2K15 will allow Xbox One (with Kinect) and PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation 4 camera) gamers to scan their faces into the game. These can be used in MyCAREER and MyGM modes.
Check out the video to see how it works.
UPDATE: You can re-face scan at any point as you wish. Grow a beard? Have a nice goatee? Get a shiner? All up to you. Will update on spot.
If you are looking for a PlayStation 4 camera, they are on sale for $40.21.
Check out the official press release below.
2K today revealed all-new, in-game face scan technology for next gen consoles that enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never before. Players can scan their face into NBA 2K15 directly through native, first-party camera hardware, allowing them to take customization to a new level for their MyPlayer. Now players can see themselves live the life of an NBA athlete in MyCareer mode and play alongside familiar faces online in multiplayer gameplay modes. With 2K’s facial scanning technology, NBA 2K15 will be the first game on next gen consoles to allow players to create a true, 3D representation of their face.
Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.