Talking about the Madden Live Challenge tournament.
It seriously was a bit of a letdown...
The sports are everywhere, so let's discuss the games...
Operation Sports Content
Friday, November 20, 2015
01:24 PM - November 20, 2015. Posted by 23. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K16 patch #3 is available now for PC users, weighing in at 257 MB. Check out all of the details below. For those of you waiting for the Xbox One patch, we do not have a release date for it, we are simply waiting on Microsoft to release it.
- (PC) Fixed an issue where commentary would cut out for some users.
- (PC) Added a “Full Court” option to the “Broadcast Generic” camera; intended for use with 21:9 or wider screens.
- (PC) Corrected a case where instant replays where too short for users running faster than 60 FPS.
- (PC) Fixed a case where the game was unable to launch for some users.
- (PC) Resolved a hardware-specific audio driver hang that some users were encountering.
- Added support to view the uniform your opponent selects prior to starting a Play Now Online game.
- Flip Saunders patch added to Minnesota Timberwolves uniforms.
- A number of accuracy-based improvements have been made to classic team uniforms (07-08 Celtics, 99-00 Raptors, 05-06 Heat, etc.)
- A number of improvements have been made with the 2KTV viewing experience. Make sure and watch the latest episode for your chance to earn some easy VC!
- Primary Jersey and Primary Shorts colors are now used to determine both accessory and sock colors when using custom-built uniforms.
- Certain materials were not properly appearing on user-edited shoes; this should be resolved.
- Fixed an issue where users would not join the Locker Room when accepting an invite while playing in a MyCAREER game.
- Corrected a disconnect issue that could happen when pausing and unpausing the game during online play.
- Fixed an issue in MyTEAM where players/items from the 99-00 Blazers were returning when searching for the Timberwolves in the Auction House.
- Resolved an issue where too much stamina would recover during timeouts (giving the effect that players never tired).
- Finally resolved an issue where players would not sweat appropriately in longer quarter lengths.
- Fixed a rare case where you would be unable to dismiss the quick sub menu when attempting to make a substitution.
- Found a case where the camera would be pointing towards the crowd at the tip-off of an overtime game.
- Corrected the Free Throw Difficulty slider, which was flipped. Make sure to update your custom sliders if you accounted for this on your end already.
- Outdoor sound effects should no longer play in indoor environments after having previously played a MyTEAM Gauntlet game.
- Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will have their playable status updated once the diagnosis is complete.
- Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will correctly suffer from the effects of the actual injury.
- Players who pick up short term injuries (lasting only minutes long) should now have them properly removed when the remaining duration reaches zero during a game.
- Tuned the ‘hold ball too long’ event in the teammate grade logic to be a little more forgiving.
- Fixed an issue where you could be awarded ‘good foul’ in your teammate grade when fouling a three-point shooter.
- We no longer give an ‘allow offensive rebound’ teammate grade penalty after blocking an opponent’s shot.
- Addressed a movement issue that would cause players to twitch while in Deny states.
- Referees should no longer twitch during free throws.
- Pass receivers are now less likely to veer away from the basket to catch a pass.
- Improved CPU logic for when they should and should not use alley-oop passes.
- Reduced the defensive impact of defenders who are on their way down after a block attempt.
- Fixed a very rare case where a free throw shot would launch toward the wrong basket.
- Tuned body-up system to prevent sub-par defenders from being overly effective at stopping the ball handler.
- Fixed a frequent hitch in the dribble system seen when branching into certain dribble collisions.
- Tightened up ‘crowded’ dribble launches to prevent unwanted hesitations when attempting to drive to the basket.
- Fixed post-up double dribble and travel (pivot) issues.
- Tuned down excessive flopping being performed by AI players.
- Addressed the issue of ‘camping’ in MyPARK games by: 1) Disabling the set screen button within 6 feet of the basket, 2) Allowing users to initiate off-ball contact with screen setters near the rim, and 3) By adding offensive 3 seconds rule to half court games.
- Fixed a case that was causing passers to stop to throw a pass in the backcourt.
- Tuned the dribble system in order to tone down the effectiveness of behind-the-back dribble moves and ‘zig-zagging’ back and forth to get open.
- Improvements made to alley-oop defense.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent some contact layups from respecting the user’s desired finish direction.
- Reduced the frequency of unwanted contested shot fadeaways.
- Tweaks to errant pass frequency when passing out of double teams and contact shots.
- Made dive for loose balls more accurate and more likely to acquire the ball.
- Swapped out ‘Normal 13’ jump shot pullups per community feedback.
- Made low-rated shot blockers less accurate and capped their jumping verticals.
- Made decisions by the CPU to steal a pass more reasonable through tuning the frequencies in certain situations.
- Improvements to double team logic.
- Increased the difficulty in stealing the ball from post players.
- Improvements to logic system for when ‘ankle breakers’ should play and when they should not play.
- Fixed an issue in which points would not count for shots that go in after a flagrant foul call (i.e. And-1 on flagrants).
- Fixed a MyTEAM post move score exploit by better defining post shot scenarios.
- Added jam ups to spin layups to prevent the offense from barreling through heavy traffic.
- Improved CPU logic for when to hustle back in transition defense.
- Added a pop-up overlay to let the user know when the Adaptive Coaching Engine is changing their freelance offense.
- Adjusted freeland motion cut times and fixed an issue with swing freelance starting positions.
- Adjusted stationary hop jumper shooting percentages to make them a more viable option on offense.
- Tuned back the frequency of missed dunks in traffic.
- Fixed an issue where if someone called for an icon pick and got interrupted by a stealing defender, the ball handler was previously unable to pass the ball by any means for the remainder of the possession.
- Improvements to help defense and rotation logic.
- You now have the ability to design an ‘Away’ uniform for your Pro-Am team. The appropriate uniform will be worn depending on if your team is Home or Away for the current game.
- The correct overall rating for your MyPLAYER will now be shown on the Pro-Am loading screen.
- Accolades will now unlock based on your performances in custom arena Pro-Am games.
- A number of fixes have been applied to improve lineup building during the Pro-Am.
- Made CPU players that take over for quitting users less effective in Pro-Am.
- A Pro-Am game will end immediately with a win if all opposing players have quit out of the game.
- ‘Quit’ deterrents have been added to deter users from quitting out of Pro-Am games. Too many quits will result in the short term inability to play the mode.
- Removed the 10-second delay that would occur before the start of a game to 21 in MyPARK.
- Fixed an issue with the squad countdown timer displaying incorrectly when traveling between parks.
- Users can no longer celebrate when their opponent scores in 21.
- Camera flashes should no longer be seen in empty custom-arena matches. Progress further in your MyCAREER to draw more people to your Pro-Am games!
- Fixed a very rare issue where some users were reporting a hang when exiting their MyPARK.
- The ball should no longer get stuck to your MyPLAYER when celebrating in the park.
- Corrected an issue where some users were not receiving the correct amount of VC after winning a MyPARK Ante-Up game.
- Fixed an issue where stats would sometimes show as incorrect in the Game Recap following a Pro-Am game.
- Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to travel back to their home parks at the end of Rival Days due to travel restrictions.
- A large number of other MyPARK performance fixes and enhancements have been made to improve the overall experience.
- Fixed an issue where certain store rewards (from Connections) weren’t saving upon unlocking. Previously unlocked items should again show up as owned items.
- Added support for crowd members to hold up ‘big head’ posters of your MyPLAYER.
- Users should now start seeing ‘photobombs’ again once they reach their second NBA season in MyCAREER.
- Custom code added to prevent very similar shades of white/grey/black uniforms from being matched up automatically as part of the ‘alternate uniform night’ feature. This logic also applies to the MyGM/MyLEAGUE modes.
- Fixed a MyCAREER issue where your contract could inadvertently change after being traded between two teams.
- Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER.
- Reduced the max amount of scheduled minutes your MyPLAYER can get to 38 (pro-rated) minutes. Actual playtime can vary based on game conditions, of course.
- MyPLAYERs who have retired from their NBA careers can now access their MyCOURTs.
- When not participating in a MyCOURT scrimmage, users can now freely walk around. Have fun.
- The game will no longer hang when attempting to equip the skateboard from the 2K Sports Store while in your MyCOURT.
- Sock length is now customizable for your MyPLAYER via the 2K Sports store.
- Tuned the fair market value for players; teams should now be signing players for the appropriate amount of money.
- Improved negotiation options when negotiating with Staff.
- Generated prospects should now have their own unique jumpshot animations, free throw animations, and signature size-ups. Note that this particular change will only work on GMs/LEAGUEs started post-patch.
- Improved support of the NBA’s new tie-breaker rules for Playoff seeding.
- Teams are now less likely to trade away newly signed players, specifically those signed to longer contracts.
- The League Realignment option will now appear during every offseason in MyLEAGUE, even if a team was not relocated during the current season.
- Location/Team-specific crowd chants have now been disabled for relocated teams (as they no longer apply).
- Support has been added for users who wish to use position lock with multiple controllers.
- Added playcalling support during Scrimmages.
- If a user has relocated or rebranded a team with new uniforms, those uniforms will be used for Summer League/Scrimmage/Freestyle rather than the team’s current practice uniforms.
- Players with the ‘Force 6th Man’ option turned on will no longer complain about wanting to be starters (and their expectation are adjusted accordingly).’
- Fixed an issue where changing your uniform for a Summer League game would result in the game being played in a non-Summer League environment.
- Injuries are now turned off during the Hoops Summit game in the offseason.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when jumping out of a game and into SimCast.
- Taking an invalid gameplan into a SimCast game will no longer cause the game to hang.
- Fixed an issue where hot spot player tendencies would get overwritten after changing them and leaving the Edit Player menu.
- Corrected an issue when using Player Lock where users would sometimes control all players, rather than just their own.
- Copying/Pasting/Deleting of gameplans should now function properly in MyLEAGUE Online.
- Trade Notifications in MyLEAGUE Online will now properly be deleted after being handled by the user.
- (PS4) Sony’s invite system can now be used to invite users to your MyLEAGUE Online.
- Corrected an issue that would cause the game to stutter during a MyLEAGUE Online fantasy draft when the timer would run out with auto-draft enabled.
- The calendar now displays scheduled user games when one falls on the same day as the Player Re-signing deadline.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Standing Shot Close’ would sometimes be errantly displayed multiple times in the Training Camp Results overlay.
- Added ‘Normalize Played to Sim Minutes’ and ‘Normalize Played to Sim Stats’ to MyGM settings. Give them a try.
11:43 AM - November 20, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
It used to be, our games were released and that was that. Any bugs that came with a console game were bugs that were there forever.
In retrospect, those were kind of dark times. There were several notable bugs which made playing some games downright difficult after awhile. Thankfully, consoles discovered the internet could do a lot of cool things in the late 2000s and game makers began going the PC route with patches, content updates, and more.
So here we are, in 2015, with some games taking advantage of the technology and some games not. Let's talk about the games which have the best post-release support...
Read More - What Game(s) Exemplify the Best Post-Release Support? (Roundtable)
07:28 AM - November 20, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Chris Sanner
If you are EA Sports, what do you do just after you release what you claim is your biggest patch ever?
The answer is, believe it or not, give Madden to anyone who wants it for a weekend free of charge.
EA is offering gamers on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One a chance to play the full version of Madden NFL 16 for free -- and if you decide to buy the full game after your trial expires all of your progress will carry over.
Xbox One users will have 10 hours of playtime while PlayStation 4 users will have an unlimited amount of time to play. Check it out and let us know what you think of the game if its your first time playing this season!
You can queue them up from the following sites
Thursday, November 19, 2015
06:20 PM - November 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K has added more NBA 2K16 uniforms, which include Pride uniforms for the Phoenix Suns and Chicago Bulls, retro Hardwood Classic uniforms for the New York Knicks and Memphis Grizzlies, as well as Stretch uniforms for the Brooklyn Nets, Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards.
06:09 PM - November 19, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived. Check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.
- Adrian Peterson +2 (92)
- Zach Miller +2 (75)
- Cam Newton +1 (93)
- Alfred Morris +1 (80)
- Aaron Rodgers -1 (98)
- Peyton Manning -2 (86)
- Eddie Lacy -2 (83)
- Marshawn Lynch -1 (96)
- Max Unger -2 (88)
04:45 PM - November 19, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
EA Sports Posted the above tweet earlier today, with a 15 second clip of a 'mystery' entrance being worked on for EA Sports UFC 2.
Any guesses on who is being modeled here?
12:28 PM - November 19, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
EA Sports announced the Madden NFL Live Challenge which will be held within Draft Champions Ranked Mode from this month through the NFL Regular Season -- the very best players will meet at the Super Bowl for some big prizes.
To get more info, and to get the lowdown on what the tournament is and what EA is planning, we got a chance to send some questions in to Madden NFL 16 eSports producer, Matt Marcou.
Read More - Interview with Madden's Matt Marcou, eSports Producer
11:34 AM - November 19, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
Electronic Arts, in partnership with Twitch and the NFL, is inviting fans to participate in the EA SPORTS Madden NFL Live Challenge* for their chance to prove their mastery over the competition and potentially win big prizes. Starting today, anyone in North America who participates in the new Draft Champions Ranked** mode in Madden NFL 16 will be automatically entered for a chance to compete in the next round in their effort to take home the title. Everyone will have a chance to play, as a worldwide free trial of the full game of Madden NFL 16, including Draft Champions Ranked, will be available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on November 20 – 23.
Throughout November and December players are encouraged to climb the Draft Champions Ranked leaderboards, and the top 64 players on Xbox One and the top 64 on PS4 will be invited to compete in the next round. Throughout January these competitors will continue to battle, culminating in the top four heading to San Francisco Super Bowl week for the finals, with the championship game taking place at the Madden Bowl venue immediately before the NFL players’ tournament. The tourney winner will take home $20,000, and the remaining prize money will be split among the other finalists.
“Madden NFL has a deep heritage and long tradition of competitive play; local tournaments, dorm rooms, living room couches, you name it - and our players have asked for an officially-sanctioned structure where they can truly prove themselves,” said Roy Harvey, GM of Madden NFL. “There are some amazing competitors out there, so we want to give them a chance to show their skills in an official tournament. We’ll also be streaming matches on Twitch so not only can everyone play, everyone can engage and tune in.”
Fans can also check out EA SPORTS Madden NFL Live, streaming on Fridays on Twitch and NFL.com at 12pm ET and airing on NFL Network on Saturdays at 12pm ET. Make sure to watch weekly for highlights and analysis of the tournament, as well as tips to help players succeed in the Madden NFL Live Challenge.
“Over the years, Madden NFL has amassed a huge following on Twitch as live social video continues to grow in prominence among gamers,” said Nick Allen, Twitch's Project Manager for the Madden NFL Live Challenge. “Being able to watch a major event like this from different parts of the world, while cheering via chat for our community’s top players captures the changing face of sports entertainment.”
Draft Champions Ranked delivers the excitement of a fantasy draft to Madden NFL 16 by allowing players to assemble a team of current NFL players and all-time legends over a series of quick rounds, then take their squad on the field against other drafted teams. Do you have the personnel prowess and the on-field skills to take on all comers and secure a spot in the championship rounds?
During the competition, EA SPORTS will also be hosting a special invitational tournament featuring past Madden NFL champions to fill out the other half of the finalist bracket. These elite players will square off for a spot in the finals, with four of them joining the other qualifiers in San Francisco for the grand finale. Will the ultimate Madden NFL Live Challenge victor come from the old guard? Or is there an unknown Madden NFL player out there poised to win it all?
Players looking for inspiration and insider info can check out a special event today at 4pm ET on Twitch (twitch.tv/easports), where four of the best Madden NFL 16 players will compete against one another in the new Draft Champions Ranked mode. Study the best to learn their drafting and gameplay strategies, alongside tips on the best formations, plays and tactics that will likely pay dividends when preparing for the Madden NFL Live Challenge.
09:50 AM - November 19, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
In an attempt at the ultimate make-good, Konami announced on their blog today that all existing users of PES 2016 will get UEFA Euro 2016 content free.
First off, good for Konami for realizing things haven't gone well and trying to find a tangible way to make things better for existing customers. The UEFA Euro 2016 content is going to be very valuable and its not just a small thing to give what could have been a huge revenue booster away.
Secondly, hopefully this whole thing has been a wake up call to the folks behind PES to make sure that this doesn't happen again. As you may recall, updated rosters in PES 2016 didn't come with the game -- and subsequent updates didn't fully resolve the issue.
With this move though, it looks like Konami is on the path towards recovery, which is good news indeed!
01:26 AM - November 19, 2015. Posted by Ownal0t. Written by Steve Noah
EA has just released NBA Live 16 updated rosters. Check out the blog here, along with the official spreadsheet with all of the changes.
NBA Live 16 is currently on sale for $34.79 on Amazon for PlayStation 4 and $34.99 for Xbox One gamers.
For those of you looking for updated face scans, EA plans to release a patch to include them in the future, no release date has been given. In fact, no patch news at all have been revealed since the last one, which released a month ago.
- Steph Curry +3 (97)
- Russell Westbrook +3 (97)
- Damian Lillard +2 (92)
- Jimmy Butler +2 (91)
- Al Horford +2 (90)
- Enes Kanter +3 (86)
- Manu Ginobili +3 (85)
- Karl-Anthony Towns +3 (85)
- Greg Monroe +2 (85)
- JJ Redick +2 (83)
- Ricky Rubio +2 (83)
- Ryan Anderson +3 (80)
- Kristaps Porzingis +1 (80)
- Jeremy Lamb +4 (79)
- Matthew Dellavedova +3 (78)
- Chris Paul -2 (93)
- James Harden -2 (93)
- Marc Gasol -4 (91)
- Al Jefferson -2 (89)
- Zach Randolph -3 (88)
- Klay Thompson -3 (88)
- Paul George -3 (87)
- Andrew Wiggins -2 (86)
- Kyle Lowry -2 (85)
- Ty Lawson -3 (84)
- Gordon Hayward -3 (82)
- Monta Ellis -2 (82)
- Goran Dragic -2 (82)
- Timofey Mozgov -2 (82)
- Reggie Jackson -2 (81)
- Joe Johnson -2 (80)
- Luol Deng -3 (81)
- DeMarre Carroll -3 (78)
The roster update also includes the following new uniforms (Thanks TheGamingTailgate!)
- Chicago Bulls Pride (Gray)
- Los Angeles Clippers Road Alternate (Black)
- Memphis Grizzlies '74-'75 Road (Red)
- Brooklyn Nets Stretch
- Houston Rockets Stretch
- Phoenix Suns Pride (Gray)
- Washington Wizards Stretch
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
09:58 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Psyonix plans to release their Rocket Club Chaos Run DLC in early December, check out the trailer here. The post-apocalypse DLC will include the following items and cost $3.99.
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies
06:25 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Operation Sports Championship is underway. Good luck to the 10 users who qualified. If you’re one of the many who didn’t, Operation Sports is here to offer you a new league each week until the regular season ends.
NOTE: The Championship round entrants (all 10 winners) have been auto-entered, so make sure you look at your "upcoming" tab to enter your team.
Before you run off to register for the Week 11 contest, here’s a quick look at how Week 10 played out. Taking down first place was Altohombre, who finished with a score of 148.78, led by strong outings from Bears running back Jeremy Langford, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and the Chiefs defense -- yes, the Chiefs defense.
Altohombre will join nine other qualifiers in the 2015 Operation Sports Championship. Congrats!
The Week 11 Operation Sports FanDuel League is open to all users! Make sure to enter your lineup before all the seats fill. Good luck! We’ll see you back here next week.
Here’s a look at Altohombre’s winning lineup:
05:55 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, check out the details in the screenshot above (click the image for a higher resolution). Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
If any other details are revealed, we will update this post. Let us know what you are seeing!
04:09 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The folks at Sports Interactive announced today that Football Manager Mobile 2016 will launch on iOS and Android app stores later today.
Football Manager Mobile 2016, the little brother of Football Manager 2016, has plenty of features embedded to make it a compelling experience on the iOS and Android platforms.
Lead Your Club to Glory
Think you can do better than the real managers? Football Manager is where you can prove it. Pick a club from any of the 14 playable nations and take on the challenge of leading them to domestic and continental success. You can also take charge of a national team and attempt to make a name for yourself on the world stage.
Simple and Quick Experience
Football Manager Mobile is the most accessible version of the Football Manager experience. The game focuses on tactics and transfers and is compatible with almost all smartphones and tablets. Football Manager Mobile is designed to be played in short bursts on the move making it the ideal commute companion.
2D Match Engine
The 2D match engine offers a top-down view of the pitch, giving you a clear view of how your tactics are working over the course of the match.
Football Manager 2016 features a realistic transfer market. You can compete with AI managers for the very best players in the world, unearth the footballing superstars of the future or, if you’re working on a shoestring budget, take advantage of loan signings and free transfers. In Football Manager, there’s a player for your every need.
Set your team up the way you want. Choose from dozens of tactical combinations and instructions and make substitutions and tactical changes during the match itself.
There are a range of unlockables available in Football Manager Mobile, allowing you to accelerate your progress through the game. These range from being able to build a new stadium to generating an in-game son.
Football Manager Mobile 2016 should be available in both the Android and iOS app stores later today!
03:05 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
Ones And Twos Is An Imbalanced Scoring System
After two years of ignoring one of MyPark's biggest issues, NBA 2K16 finally smartened up and changed the Park's scoring system to a normal NBA style of two pointers and three pointers. For some reason, though, The Gauntlet remains stuck with the old, unbalanced scoring setup.
Scoring baskets by ones and twos rewards reckless outside shooters who chuck up contested bombs all game long while penalizing players who are efficient scorers from mid/close range.
The Gauntlet needs to adopt the standard scoring system to decrease the value of outside shooting and make dominant post players/mid-range specialists worth having on your team. Right now, superstar perimeter players like Grant Hill and Michael Jordan, whose only weakness is poor three-point shooting, are less desirable cards than one-trick ponies like Steve Novak or Hedo Turkoglu.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Gauntlet Mode's Disappointing First Season