Want a chance to win a next-gen console? We're partnering with FanDuel for an awesome Fantasy competition.
Our review of EA's latest work with Madden NFL 15...
Our initial impressions on the retail version of the game...
Sean confirms there will be no EASHL, OTP, GM Connected or Live the Life this year at launch in NHL 15 on XB1 or PS4.
It's officially release day for Madden NFL 15!
As with any major release, the OS Community is alive and well today talking about the game in our Madden forum, so you should not hesitate to venture in and get any questions you have answered!
Here are some more pertinent links for you to explore today:
- Our official Madden NFL 15 review for XB1 and PS4. We call the game good, but ultimately held back by some pretty big issues which need addressing.
- Want to let the world know what you think of Madden? Check into our impressions thread!
- If you are already looking for the perfect slider set, check out our sliders forum for Madden.
- Online issues? We have a forum for that.
- MUT Heads unite! We have a community dedicated to this aspect of the game, which is better than ever.
More new cars were revealed today for Forza Horizon 2, adding to the (eventual) fully revealed list of 200-plus cars in the game.
Today's cars include:
- 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
- 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
- 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo
- 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
- 1995 Ferrari F50
- 1992 Honda NSX-R
- 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
- 1985 Ford RS200 Evolution
- 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
- 1994 Nissan 240SX SE
- 1968 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
- 2012 Caterham Superlight R500
- 2009 Honda S2000 CR
Operation Sports has teamed up with FanDuel to run a fantasy football championship to kick off the season. The winner takes home cash, bragging rights, and a new PlayStation 4 or Xbox One courtesy of FanDuel. FanDuel is the leader in one-week fantasy football leagues, where you can play for real money.
The week 1 Operation Sports league starts on opening Sunday. It costs $10 to enter and pays the winner $150. If you’re new to FanDuel, sign up with promo code OS100 to receive a 100% deposit bonus, which is FanDuel’s biggest offer. Click here to go to the week 1 league on FanDuel.
FanDuel will run Operation Sports leagues for four consecutive weeks. The four league winners advance to the final round, where the top score wins the PS4 and all the bragging rights.
Here’s a little introduction to the host site FanDuel. FanDuel was featured on ESPN’s Outside the Lines last Sunday and announced a major sponsorship of the Orlando Magic on Wednesday. They’ll pay out $10 million every week this football season and are changing the way people think about fantasy sports.
There are a few great things about FanDuel’s one-week league format. There’s no long-term commitment, cash payouts are instant each week, and a bad injury won’t ruin your year. It’s a salary cap game, so you can pick any player you want for your team as long as you stay under the cap. There’s no waiting around for a draft. You do your research and fill out your team on your own time.
Click here to join the opening week Operation Sports Fantasy Football league!
EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.
UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.
New and Updated Content
- Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
- Updates to fighter records
- Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
- Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
- Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
- Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
- Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
- Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
- Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
- Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
- Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
- Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
- Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
- Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
- Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
- Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
- Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
- Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
- Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
- Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
- Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
- Fighters can change stances while blocking
- Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
- Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
- Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
- Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
- Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
- Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
- Fixed an issue with Mat damage
- Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
- Various replay fixes
Source - EA Forums
Madden NFL 15 is now available in stores. Be sure to read our review if you haven't gotten the game. If you have, leave your own impressions of your first play sessions in the comments below!
NBA 2K15 made some serious noise earlier today by debuting some in-game footage as well as the pre-game studio show and a lot of new atmosphere elements within the game. It's time to ask the OS Staff Writers what they thought of the trailer, and whether you should be as excited as you think you are for the game.
Read More - NBA 2K15: Yakkem Trailer Impressions (Roundtable)
The NHL 15 demo is available now on Xbox Live for Xbox One users. PlayStation 4 users can expect the demo tomorrow afternoon when the PSN Store updates with new titles.
UPDATE: The NHL 15 demo is now available for PlayStation 4 users. If you can't find it, click this link.
Some have had luck going to "New Demos" all the way over to the right. Games>New>Demos>New Demos (all the way over to the right) and grab the NHL 15 demo. Thanks @TheFlopfish)
The demo weighs in at 2.58 GB. Here are the details.
- New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings
- Full game with three two-minute periods
- Play in Madison Square Garden or Staples Center
- Gameplay Camera Angles: Dynamic Low, Dynamic Medium, and Dynamic High
- Practice Mode: Master the Superstar Skill Stick with a free skate against a goalie
- Difficulty Settings: Rookie, Pro, All-Star
Play a few games and let us know what you think of this year's NHL title on Xbox One!
In a tweet clarifying the above statement, Chris Manning said, "When you move your player around them, you will and can dribble around defenders. No more quick-draw charges."
So there is some good gameplay news for you today. How do you like both changes?
The first extended gameplay trailer for NBA 2K15 is here, and…Yakkem!
The trailer opens up with Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal talking in studio (in the game). From there we get an extended montage of in-game action before coming back out to a funny exchange between Johnson and Shaq on set.
What did you spy in the trailer that piqued your interest? Sound off!
Joining us this week:
- Mike Young, EA Sports (@MYSportsPhotog)
- Josh Looman, EA Sports (@Josh_Looman)
- Donny Moore, EA Sports (@Donny_Moore)
- And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)
- Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
- Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 2:22
Madden NFL 15 is here for everyone tomorrow. With the review process finished here at OS, I was able to get the chance to enjoy the game moreso than critically assess it this weekend.
In my entire playtime of Madden, there are five things abundantly clear about this year's title for OS'ers, these are the five things you need to know about Madden for launch day:
- Defense is truly better. I mean this in the you really don't want to skip over defense again type of way. It's now as much fun as offense if you let it.
- The Game plays more realistic and balanced football. It's not perfect, but you'll need to use some real football ideas and strategies to succeed.
- Connected Franchise has a few problems at launch, so you will need to be considerate of that if you pick the game up. The QB sim stats issue in particular affects the game big time in future years.
- The new community playcalling is a gimmick, but there are ideas within it that will make you really love what EA is doing. My biggest wish is that the total times a play was called would apply to your current game only (or if there was an option for that).
- While this game needs a patch or two to even out some of its rough edges, this game is well worth your time as an NFL fan. If you aren't the biggest fan of Sundays in the Fall, you may wait to see what patches do for the game.
Damian Lillard, Point Guard of the Portland Trail Blazers, announced on his Instagram account this morning, that he is the cover athlete for NBA Live 15.
Brian Mazique, over at Bleacher Report, has posted an interview with him, along with a new screenshot. The NBA Twitter feed posted the official cover art.
EA Sports has also released a behind the scenes NBA Live 15 cover trailer and blog.
Let's hope more announcements about the game are on the way soon.
Read the full press release below.
August 25, 2014 – Today EA SPORTS announced that Damian Lillard will be featured as the cover athlete for NBA LIVE 15. Lillard shared the news with his fans via social media, and EA also released a special video celebrating Lillard’s appearance on the cover.
Lillard’s involvement in the franchise goes beyond a simple cover appearance, as he has been working with the NBA LIVE team for the past two years. Lillard participated in motion capture and voice over sessions in both Orlando and Vancouver, Canada where the team was able to capture his signature movement including dribbling and shooting. The team also scanned his head for likeness and recorded facial performance as well as had design sessions about the creative direction of the game. Damian is also the star and storyteller of the new Learn LIVE onboarding mode, where he teaches players the basics of NBA LIVE 15 and recounts his own life journey in basketball. Lillard is already making his presence known in the EA SPORTS family, appearing alongside Kevin Hart and Dave Franco in the recent Madden Season video.
Damian Lillard was selected in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft by the Portland Trail Blazers, and went on to earn Rookie of the Year honors in 2013. Lillard’s impressive young career has continued to flourish, as he was named to the NBA West All-Star Team in 2014. He is also a two-time NBA Skills Challenge champion.
NBA LIVE 15 arrives with the most photo-realistic visuals in franchise history and 500+ core gameplay improvements delivering a truly fluid, fun and authentic basketball gaming experience. Reimagined visuals drop you courtside alongside the game’s biggest stars. See the intensity on a player’s face as he nails a game-winner, or the frustration of a heart-wrenching loss. All-new real-time physics on dunks and layups replicate some of the NBA’s most amazing physical plays, letting you posterize your opponent or deny his attempt at the rim. Add into the mix always-connected online game modes and LIVE’s Synergy Sports partnership and you’ll never miss a beat during the NBA season with new content updated daily, all season long.
NBA LIVE 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available on October 7 for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. To learn more about NBA LIVE 15, visit http://www.easports.com/nba-live.
- Launch Day Madden NFL 15 Roster Update Has Arrived, Details Included
- Da_Czar Brings Along Sim Nation, As He Joins the NBA 2K15 Team
- The Golf Club Arrives on August 26th For PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 15 Early Release Available For EA Sports Season Ticket Subscribers
- NHL 15 Quick Reference Guide on Console Specific Game Modes
- The Golf Club Patch Details, Server Tweaks Have Been Made to Solve Multiplayer Issues
- Early Access to Madden NFL 15 is Working For EA Access Subscribers
- NBA 2K15 System Requirements Revealed For PC Users, Will Cost $59.99
- FIFA 15 Features and Game Modes (360/PS3)
- Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web
- Layoffs Hit EA Tiburon?
- 14 More Cars Revealed For Forza Horizon 2
- NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA
- The Golf Club Available Now For Xbox One & PC, Soon For PlayStation 4
- Madden NFL 15: CoachGlass Coming to PS4 Alongside Xbox One
- NHL 15 Achievement List Has No Trace of EASHL or GM Connected (Xbox One)
- EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay
- PES 2015 Hands-On Preview (WENB)
Videos and Screenshots
- PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Brazil vs. Germany
- NHL 15 Screenshots - Bell Centre & Nationwide Arena
- NBA Live 15 Screenshot - BMO Harris Bradley Center
- NBA Live 15 Screenshot - Madison Square Garden & Barclays Center
- WWE 2K15 Videos - Goldust and Randy Orton Entrances
- 2K Uncensored Video - Durant, Curry, Harden & Davis Talk NBA 2K15
- FIFA 15 Gameplay Video - Liverpool vs. Manchester City (27 Minutes Direct Feed)
- F1 2014 Video - Austrian Red Bull Ring Hot Lap
- Madden NFL 15: Two Gap Defenders (Training 101)
- NBA Live 15 Screenshot - AT&T Center
- NBA Live 15 Screenshot - United Center
- PES 2015 Gameplay Video - Italy vs. Spain & Brazil vs. Germany
- NBA Live 15 Screenshot - Chesapeake Energy Arena
- PES 2015 Screenshots - Gareth Bale & Neymar Player Faces (PC)
- Madden NFL 15 Videos - Saints vs. Panthers & 49ers vs. Cardinals
- NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Real Madrid vs. Bayern München & Heat vs. Spurs
Features & Blogs
- Dual Threat Podcast - Season 3: Episode 3 - Pac-12 and SEC Preview
- Upcoming Press Row Podcast to Feature Much Talk About Madden NFL 15
- The News of Missing Modes in NHL 15 (Roundtable)
- Madden NFL 15: The Ten Best QBs
- Madden NFL 15: Four Tips To Get You Ready For Launch
- Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)
- Did You Lead the Panthers to Victory in the Opening Sequence of Madden NFL 15?
- Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore
- Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions
- WWE 2K15: Full Hands-On Impressions
- Press Row Hangout: Discussing Today's NHL News
- Ask Me Anything: Sean Ramjagsingh, NHL 15 Producer
- No EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Live The Life in NHL 15 on XB1/PS4 (Interview)
- The Golf Club Review (PC/XB1)
- The Medium is the Message: EASHL, Transparency, and the Core Gamer
Check out the latest PES 2015 gameplay video from bateson87PES, featuring roughly 11 minutes of direct feed footage.
The 2014 college football season is just around the corner, and we'll have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In the third episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode discuss the impact Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller's season ending injury will have on the Buckeyes, plus the guys preview their last two conferences, the Pac-12 and the SEC. In the Pac-12, the guys look at the impressive talent at quarterback across the country, USC and Washington's future under new leadership, UCLA's Heisman candidates, and if Oregon is truly a national title contender. In the SEC, the guys try to figure out the SEC East, with Georgia having to adjust to not having QB Aaron Murray, South Carolina needing to replace DE Jadeveon Clowney, Missouri trying to find their way back to Atlanta despite losing so much talent and whether Florida can rebound from their worst season in over 20 years. In the SEC West, is Alabama really the clear cut favorite, does LSU have enough on offense, is Auburn getting overlooked, can Texas A&M win without Johnny Football, and whether either of the Mississippi schools challenge for the West title. Next episode, the the guys make their predictions for the new college football playoff, who will win the Heisman Trophy, conference winners and much, much more!
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...at/id700583947) or Stitcher (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ast?refid=stpr), listen in the embedded player below or click here. Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!