Which team without a championship has the best chance of doing it?
How to find an online franchise in Madden NFL 17.
After a successful release, where does the series go from here?
A look at what teams could be your best bet to upend the Warriors in 2K17.
We're getting close to the end of the NFL season, and Madden NFL 17 is old-hat to many OS'ers at this point. By that we mean the quirks of the game are well known, and the best ways to balance the game with sliders have been explored in a rather in-depth manner.
With that said, we're wondering how you feel about this year's game? Do you think you've gotten it to a point where it plays a pretty realistic game of football? Do you think it's not realistic at all?
Vote in the poll, and leave a comment as to what exactly you think Madden is doing right or wrong in regards to realism!
Did you happen to catch the NFL yesterday?
Basically, it was a party from beginning to end with great games just about everywhere you turned. Eight games were decided within a score, with the nightcap featuring a wild game between the Broncos and Chiefs which was decided in overtime.
And of course, our Thanksgiving football staples were also very entertaining. Dallas and Washington was thrilling while Detroit and Minnesota played in a tense defensive matchup.
In short, despite the complaints many assert over the NFL, this week really showcased what makes the league so great to begin with.
When it comes to Madden, I've personally had a lot of games which were very close -- with tense back and forth action in my franchise mode. In short, I experience a lot of games like what we've saw this week thus far and can honestly say that's made the game quite a bit of fun this year.
What about you? Are you experiencing games which have some unpredictable twists and turns in Madden?
Also who do you have in MNF tonight: Packers or Eagles?
If you've had a chance to get your hands on FIFA 17, you've probably spent some time with The Journey. It's a big part of the experience this year, utilizing the power of the Frostbite engine to deliver a story-based, single-player feature for the first time in the series' history. It has been generally well-received thus far, and player engagement has been high, as noted in a recent EA infographic.
Still, it isn't perfect. The mode follows a fairly structured form that never deviates from the script too dramatically, whether you're excelling in front of goal or making countless blunders. The mode's detractors will understandably point to this as a negative factor, but fail states do exist, and the game will adapt to your inconsistencies to a point if you're unable to perform up to scratch.
We're going to take a look at a few fail scenarios you might encounter, but keep in mind that spoilers are ahead.
Read More - What Happens If You Fail in FIFA 17's The Journey?
- Draft Day Sports: College Football 2017 Available For $34.99
- NBA 2KVR Experience Available on November 22 For $14.99
- MLB The Show 16: Turning the Yankees Back Into A Powerhouse in One Offseason
- NBA 2K17 Patch 1.06 Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Patch Notes Included
- WWE 2K17 Legends Pack Available Now
- Rocket League Game of the Year Edition Bundle Available Today on PS4 and PC
- Do You Use Sliders? (Poll)
- NHL 17 Patch 1.04 Available Now, Full Details Here
- WWE 2K17 Patch 1.04 Arrives Today, Full Details Here
- Super Mega Baseball 2 Playable at the PlayStation Experience, More Details Revealed
- Thanksgiving Day Open Post: What Are You Thankful For in Sports Gaming?
- PES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available Now
- Press Row Podcast - The Power of Livestreaming
- November 25, 2016 Topic Discussion: What Do We Mean By Sim?
- Defensive Settings Overview and Recommendations in NBA 2K17
If you were not aware, you can customize how your team plays defense by adjusting several different coaching preferences in your coach settings screen. These include:
- On and Off-Ball Pressure
- Force Direction
- On Ball Screens and Hedging (Can adjust for the Center as well as team)
- Off Ball Screens
- Post-Up Settings
- Double Teaming on the Perimeter and Post
- Pre-Rotation, Screen Help and Help Rules
- Extending Your Pressure
- Tagging on Rolls
Sim is a tough word to define.
When you think you've figured 'sim' out, the definition is presented in a different way by someone else and you are left starting all over again on a quest to understand it.
My journey started in the earlier days of sports gaming with sim meaning something akin to balance and avoiding taking advantages of a game's unfixable flaws which created imbalances. It also meant forcing yourself to do crazy things like have to run the ball in Madden.
Today, with games a lot more balanced (but not perfectly so) it seems to be morphing into another definition entirely. Balance is still key, avoiding some flaws and money plays is still important, but the overall thought of 'simness' seems to be a little different than it was before.
I typically use a self-LOL inducing phrase, 'not sim' when something extraordinary happens in sports these days.
Kevin Love gets 34 points in a quarter? Not sim. Some of the Big XII offenses of the past few years? Definitely not sim. Aroldis Chapman throwing 105 mph? Nah, not sim.
But yes, they're all real events that really happen in sports. The unexpected becomes the expected quite often, which is why many of us keep coming back to sports in the first place.
So what about you? How do you handle the sports uncertainty principle while still desiring a simulation experience? Where do you draw the line at sim vs. not sim?
Sound off in the comments!
The world of video games is constantly evolving, and no phenomenon has impacted how companies market, how media covers, and how consumers discover them more than livestreaming. On this week’s episode of the Press Row Podcast, we gather streamers and content makers from three different angles – a publisher (Adam Burnett from Out of the Park Developments), an independent media outlet (Chris aka Millennium from Operation Sports), and a self-made popular streamer (Daniel Basel aka UberYouTuber). The three join host Rich Grisham to discuss how and why they do what they do and how it impacts their favorite sports video games.
Joining us this week:
- Richard Grisham (@RichGrisham), Out of the Park Developments
- Daniel Baesel (@danielbaesel), UberYouTuber
- Chris Gunter (@MillenniumOS), Operation Sports
- Adam Burnett (@KnightAttack09), Out of the Park Developments
PES 2017 Data Pack 2.0 is available now, featuring Anfield, home stadium of Liverpool FC, Signal Iduna Park of Borussia Dortmund and Allianz Parque of Palmeiras, as well as Liverpool FC's classic kits, the anthems of Liverpool FC and Borussia Dortmund and more than 100 players' real faces and new boots.
An update patch for PES support for PS4 Pro is planned for mid-December.
- Kits - Addition of Liverpool FC's classic strips and updates to 16 other clubs' strips
- Liverpool FC / Borussia Dortmund Add Anthems - Additions of Liverpool FC's anthem "You'll Never Walk Alone" and Borussia Dortmund's "Heja BVB"
- Update Real Faces - Updates to more than 100 players' faces.
- Boots Added - Addition of 11 latest models of boots.
It's officially feast day here in America. Thanksgiving is a holiday where we share what we are thankful for, celebrate harvest, and of the year we just had. As with all Thanksgivings, many of us will gather around a table and celebrate all of this with tons of food -- and for OS'ers we'll then turn our gaming consoles on to enjoy some sports games.
We have once again had a really good year in sports gaming. Several games improved quite a bit this year, and several others have continued a streak of quality this year. The independent sports game scene is hopping, and mobile sports games only continue to improve in quality. There's a lot to like about sports games these days.
So let's hear what you are thankful for in sports gaming. Share a story, experience, or a singular thing which you are just thankful for over the last year in sports gaming!
Sound off and give thanks in the comments!
Super Mega Baseball 2 will be playable at the PlayStation Experience on December 3 and 4. Check out the trailer here.
Super Mega Baseball 2 is scheduled to be released in mid-2017.
WWE 2K17 patch 1.04 is scheduled to arrive today for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, check out the patch notes below.
- Improved targeting against Superstars near the apron in multi-man matches
- Fixed an issue with the referee becoming unresponsive or slow to react after the performance of certain moves
- Addressed exploits with multiple moves, including Overhand Hammer Fist and Testicular Claw
- COM Superstars no longer have a tendency to exit the ring when a Superstar is climbing a ladder
- Improved a Superstar’s stopping animation after repeated Irish Whip rebounds
- Adjusted some moves that were not dealing sufficient damage when performed
- Managers can no longer perform grabs when standing at ringside against Superstars in the ring
- Addressed several circumstances in which managers were not triggering the intended ejection penalty
- Managers can no longer break the referee’s count out by entering and exiting the ring while two competitors are outside the ring
- Fixed an issue with Superstars not rebounding off the ropes properly when Irish Whipped during a post-match breakout
- Addressed an issue with large Superstars encountering invisible collision in the crowd area
- Fixed a warping issue that could occur when being grappled while descending a ladder
- Addressed a match rating exploit when using the Randy Orton Stomp or Elbow Drop/Knee Strike Combo signatures
- Fixed an issue in which Ric Flair couldn’t taunt when using an alternate attire in the second attire slot
- The Undertaker’s comeback now properly awards a Signature after being performed by a Custom Superstar
- Addressed several selling animations to appear more natural
- Fixed issues with COM Superstars being unable to reverse certain moves
- Addressed warping and animation syncing issues with various moves
- Fixed an issue with users being unable to kick out of pins when playing as a WWE Superstar using an alternate attire
- Addressed an inconsistency between Prestige points displayed on the post-match screen and the Prestige overlay when viewed in 2K Tonight
- An existing rivalry will now end when entering the tag team division rankings, preventing rivalries from continuing indefinitely while progressing in the tag team division
- Fixed an issue in which standing springboard attacks couldn’t be used inside the ring in MyCareer matches
- Fixed an issue in which tag team finishers couldn’t be assigned in a user’s Move-set even when the user was part of a tag team
- Addressed an issue in which Superstars recovered too quickly when being struck with a high impact move with low health
- Addressed a stability issue that could occur when completing a rival match with a cutscene
- The Tonight’s Show banner now preferences displaying current champions and Superstars participating in upcoming matches for that show
- Champions will no longer lose titles in matches when a challenger wins by way of count out or disqualification
- Addressed an issue in which “Error Roster” could appear as the name for Superstars on the match card
- Money in the Bank matches properly award the Money in the Bank briefcase even after match participants have been edited
- Fixed an issue which a blank Superstar roster image would appear on the match up screen after editing that Superstar’s attire
- Fixed an issue where a Royal Rumble match wouldn’t be booked for the Royal Rumble pay-per-view if the show’s roster included less than 30 Superstars
- Addressed an issue where controller vibration didn’t function when playing in a Royal Rumble match in WWE Universe mode
- Fixed an issue with the timeline cursor when rewinding recorded footage
- Fixed a major warping issue with boots for Superstars wearing an alternate attire
- Fixed a warping issue that occurred with Custom Superstars using The Dudley Boyz’s victory motion
- Fixed an issue with LED displays in multi-man matches
- Fixed title animation issues for certain Superstars during the pre-match cutscene of a title match Fixed multiple presentation issues with Sasha Banks’s entrance
- Fixed a visual issue with Asuka’s tassels in her entrance when using an alternate attire
- Post-match replays now trigger in matches that end with a post-match cutscene rather than a standard victory scene
- Christian and Viktor will now possess a championship during entrances if either is a title holder
- Fixed an issue with logos on Custom Superstars created in earlier patch versions shifting location after installing a more recent patch and attempting to edit the Superstar
- The DEFAULT option under the FACE section now correctly resets all facial customization, including body oil, eyes, and skin color
- A white outline no longer appear around logos after changing the logo color
- Fixed multiple issues related to Menus Screen poses not appearing correctly
- Addressed multiple issues with clothing parts clipping or warping
- Addressed positioning issues for various Custom Superstar parts
- Face Photos will now only apply to a Superstar’s head and not to the chest or back
- Fixed an issue with letter orientation reverting after the user modified it
- Drop shadow and outline settings for a logo now reset if the user switches to another logo
- Improved logo and lettering application for additional shoe parts
- The ability Immovable Object is now automatically removed when lowering a Superstar’s weight to an invalid weight class for the ability
- Fixed an issue with colors on logos applied to arms not copying properly to other attires
- Fixed an issue with the thumbnail for the user’s first created Custom Arena not appearing correctly
- Fixed several issues with side plates not displaying correctly
- The default volume for generic entrance themes has been increased
- Fixed an issue where the preview would always show the Raw arena regardless of what arena was selected under the Universe / Career section
- Fixed an issue in which deleted attire would still be displayed when a Superstar was uploaded to Community Creations
- Uploading a Show with a Custom Video under Show Load will no longer result in the uploader’s local copy having the Show Load revert to the default Raw video
- The crowd will now properly cheer or boo Superstars according to their alignment in tag team entrances
- Entrance music now plays properly in Diamond Dallas Page’s entrance
- Custom tag teams are now announced correctly in handicap matches
- The crowd will now react to taunts and moves during matches in which a Superstar has two or more managers
- Addressed an issue with the ring announcement in Fatal 4-Way matches
- Addressed a syncing issue between Sheamus’s music and Titantron video
- Fixed various missing impact sounds for various moves
- Under Options > Game Balancing, “Finisher Strength” has been renamed “Special Moves Strength,” and this option now affects Signature and Finisher damage.
- Custom Arenas now display Custom Shows they are USED IN in the Deletion Utility
- Fixed an issue where certain help info tutorials continued to appear every time a certain area or feature was accessed instead of only the first time
- Renamed the injury option in the Options > Gameplay menu to indicate it only affects “Play / MyCareer” modes. The injury option for Universe can be changed in the Story Options menu in WWE Universe
- Added support for the “WWE 2K17 New Moves Pack” downloadable content ahead of release.
- Tatanka’s comeback move will now award a signature properly (WWE 2K17 Legends Pack)
There's a bit of voodoo science behind sliders in sports games. What some of the adjustable settings within our favorite sports games do is a bit of a mystery.
Making this issue more complicated is the varying definitions of sim. What adjustments and what balance is needed for a game to be 'sim' vs. not?
Chances are, if you ask 20 OS'ers that question you will get 20 different answers as to what exactly sim is and how to best achieve it.
What does seem likely to be a truth in all of this is that sliders can change how a game plays, and sometimes dramatically so. So, in a sense, they're there for us to find whatever that moment of sim is for us.
I've personally always used sliders to achieve a balanced feel to the game that feels more realistic than the game usually does out of the box. Sometimes new features are overpowered and sliders offer a way to bring those new features down -- other times I may be hitting too many 3s or throwing too many INTs. Regardless, sliders help improve my gaming experience.
But what about you? Do you use sliders? Your own? Other settings you find on OS? Not at all?
Vote in our poll and leave a comment as to how you approach the slider question!
Rocket League Game of the Year Edition Bundles are available today for PlayStation 4 and PC, via Steam. The bundles feature the full game and multiple DLC packs for $24.99.
The PS4 version also includes the Rocket League Theme and various avatars, which are now free outside of the bundle.
- Rocket League® (Full Game)
- Rocket League® - Supersonic Fury DLC Pack
- Rocket League® - Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Pack
- Rocket League® - Chaos Run DLC Pack
- Rocket League® Theme
- Rocket League® - SHAREfactory™ Theme
- Rocket League® - Shield Logo Avatar
- Rocket League® - RLCS Avatar
- Rocket League® - Ball Avatar
- Rocket League® - Octane Avatar
- Rocket League® (Full Game)
- Rocket League® - Supersonic Fury DLC Pack
- Rocket League® - Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC Pack
- Rocket League® - Chaos Run DLC Pack
The WWE 2K17 Legends Pack is available now for $8.99 (no cost for Season Pass subscribers) on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The Legends pack features Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake, Eddie Guerrero, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Sycho Sid, and Tatanka. Check out the trailer here.
Players may purchase select WWE 2K17 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For $29.99, a savings of more than 15 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- Future Stars Pack
- Hall of Fame Showcase
- Legends Pack
- New Moves Pack
NHL 17 patch 1.04 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes 11 all new goal celebrations to showcase ultimate bragging rights and new goalie animations that make it easier to cover the post and prevent short-side goals. In Creation Zone, new logos and uniforms have been added including the LA Kings alternate uniform, Philadelphia Flyers alternate uniform and the Winnipeg Jets Classic Uniform, along with quite a few other things listed in the patch notes below.
- Added 11 new goal celebrations to the creation zone.
- Fixed an issue where a user goalie would get stuck after getting hit while in butterfly.
- Fixed an issue where after an icing the puck it would sometimes cause human players to sit on the bench for the next play.
- Fixed some issues where a goalie would get stuck in a post lean away from the post.
- Added new post lean saves for more coverage.
- Improved goalie post lean logic so goaltenders to try and make saves that keep them sealed on the post to prevent short side goals.
- Fixed an issue where some signature stances caused the goalie’s glove hand to push back behind their pad when holding the puck idle on their stick.
- Fixed issues with shot animations when in close to the net.
- Updated User goalie save logic to help them move into a save when they are requesting to push/move first.
- Added functionality to allow goalies to rotate more when coming off the post from VH to butterfly to make them more square to the puck.
- Updates to User goalie save logic on wraparounds based on requested motion.
- Updates to User goalie save delay when in good position to make a blocking save.
- Fixed an issue where a goalie would sometimes drop to butterfly when in possession of the puck on a User requested pass attempt.
- Improved the reliability of one timers by adding quicker snapshots for situations where there isn't enough time to take a full slapshot.
- Fixed an issue where precision skating would sometimes conflict with a loose puck deke attempt at a slow speed. Now if you have your stick out a deking position it prioritizes the deke request.
- Updated goalie logic so that goalies will hold their near post on pass attempts near the net to prevent easy short side goals.
- Updated goalie logic for softer shots on net so that they look to pick it up rather than make a save.
- Various crash fixes.
- General stability updates across all modes.
The following uniforms have been added:
- Los Angeles Kings Alternate Uniform
- Philadelphia Flyers Alternate Uniform
- Winnipeg Jets Heritage Classic Uniform
- Springfield Thunderbirds Home and Away Uniforms
- Tucson Roadrunners Home and Away Uniforms
- Calgary Hitmen Home and Away Uniforms
- Charlottetown Islanders Home and Away Uniforms
- Cape Breton Screaming Eagles Alternate Uniform
- Drummondville Voltigeurs Home and Away Uniforms
- Everett Silvertips Home and Away Uniforms
- Kingston Frontenacs Alternate Uniform
- Lethbridge Hurricanes Home and Away Uniforms
- Swift Current Broncos Alternate Uniform
- Oulun Kärpät Home and Away Uniforms
- Rauman Lukko Home and Away Uniforms
- Tampereen Tappara Home and Away Uniforms
- Tampereen Ilves Home and Away Uniforms
- Malmo Redhawks Alternate Uniform
- HV71 Home and Away Uniforms
- Farjestad BK Home and Away Uniforms
- Djurgården IF Home and Away Uniforms
- Karlskrona HK Home and Away Uniforms
- South Carolina Stingrays Alternate Uniform
- Bauer Vapor 1X OD1N
- Vaughn V7 XF Pro Carbon
- Brian’s G-NETIK III
- Added new jersey logos to customize for your club.
- Added 11 new goal celebrations for your Pro.
- Added a new Drop-in Feature where a group of users can play a private unranked game through the Drop-in Dressing Room lobby:
- Dressing Room Leaders can enter a 4-6 digit private matchmaking ID to matchup privately against another group using the same ID
- Both groups must be matchmaking at the same time with the exact same ID, which means this is meant for larger coordinated games or practice sessions.
- Added the ability to select and view the Player Summary screen from the disconnect and end of game pause menus.
- Fixed issues where Banners, Entry Props, and Flags were clipping through certain cameras in EASHL stadiums.
- Fixed an issue where after icing the puck while on a 4on4 as their penalty is expiring, users would have their players on the bench on the next play.
- Added a new PS4 Feature called Play Together which is used to quickly get a group of friends playing in a Drop-In Group Matchmaking session:
- Allows the host players to invite up to 6 players directly from the Party screen to a new game session
- Go to [Party] > [Play Together] > [Start Game] to create a new session
- The host will be brought to a Drop-In dressing room and the game will automatically send invites to all players the host selected,
- Allows players to join a new game session through invitation or directly from the Party screen:
- Open the invitation sent from the host and select [Join]
- Or go to [Party] > [Play Together] and select one of the Current Game Sessions to join
- Improved the Quick Swap functionality in the Edit Lineup screen for quicker line management and updated animations. Quick Swaps can now be performed without transitioning to a separate screen.
- The Synergy Details screen is now visible in the Collection search results when performing player substitutions to further enhance the team building mechanic.
- The highlight animation has been updated in all HUT screens to improve visibility.
- Added new Jersey items to some of the team collections.
- Fixed an issue where players who have a playable injury and are scratched lose morale.
- Note: if a player is fully healed and is scratched they will lose morale.
- Fixed issue where no captains were being assigned in Franchise Mode.
- Fixed multiple arena capacities.
- Fixed multiple teams merchandise images in the set prices screen.
- Improved overall stability within the mode.
- Fixed issue where a User would keep getting the doctor's approval to play popup each time they returned to the bench.
- Fixed issue where no captains were being assigned in Be a Pro.
- Improved overall stability within the mode.