Don't expect a revolution this year, just another step forward for the franchise...
It's not flashy or brilliant, but it'll do just fine for this year.
General first impressions after a few days with the game...
A cool experiment which is free to play, what do we think of it?
Another free content update is available now for EA Sports UFC, adding 3 new fighters. As mentioned earlier in the week, those fighters include Myles Jury, Yoel Romero and Andrei Arlovski (check out the video here).
A couple of other fixes were also included, as seen below.
Madden Mobile, which was released for iOS and Android devices on August 26th, has received an update. Check out the details below.
The SKILLS TRAINER takes your game to the next level Ė test your skills in Live Events!
New ACHIEVEMENTS confirm bragging rights.
HEAD-TO-HEAD LIVE EVENTS let players challenge their toughest rivals for gridiron glory.
- Players can toggle through active Live Events.
- After failing an event, the player can now ďTry Again.Ē
- Live Events are now Head-to-Head.
- Some Live Events are driven by the new Skills Trainer.
- Players will now see a Coin Toss.
- If the player doesnít make the playoffs, they see a Shortened Season.
- Quarter and Time Remaining stats are now displayed for in-progress games.
Madden Mobile is free for iOS and Android devices. If you haven't tried it out, download it from the Apple Store and Google Play store today.
Most of you likely never got a chance to play WWE 2K15 pre-launch day patch, and while the experience wasn't too terrible -- it definitely improved quite a bit with the patch. 2K sent us a press release stating there are over 200 improvements within the game. Check out some of the details below.
- Added support for 6-man online match types.
- Addressed issues that may contribute to players desyncing from on another.
- Addressed various exploits in match play.
- Addressed crashes that could occur if players interacted with certain environmental objects.
- Improved frame rate and performance.
- Improved automatic targeting.
- Improved online chat functionality.
- Improved stability and speed of background matchmaking.
- Improved functionality when accepting private match invites.
- Addressed recurring privacy loopholes for private matches.
- Players Can Now Preview Content Uploaded by Other Users
- Improved Text Display and Sorting Options
Gameplay and User Interface
- Addressed several exploits/balance issues with various moves.
- Revised a number of moves that could result in severe character warping and deformation.
- Changed a couple of notification prompts to be more informative and user friendly.
- Implemented general improvements to layering and parts application for custom superstars.
- Addressed recurring issues with the preview functionality for entrances when using advanced creation.
- Improved crowd audio reactions.
WWE 2K15ís MyCareer mode is new to this yearís game, featuring your created Superstar rising up from the ranks of the NXT roster to compete on the main roster for the WWE championship. Iím a bit of the way into this mode, but still on the NXT show for now. Here are some initial thoughts of what Iím seeing:
- The opening segments where you compete in the performance center and learn how to do things is ok, but it really does lack any emotion or passion. Iím not sure if this can be improved, but it definitely feels kinda empty competing in there.
- So far Iím 5-2 in matches in the NXT level. Iíve lost a couple because I couldnít get back on offense once I was getting destroyed. The reversal timing is hit or miss for me. It seems like Iím either on it or not.
- The presentation, lack of voices for my player, and overall experience feels rather bare bones. Itís not something youíd classify as special at this point. 2K was forthcoming with the fact that they made this yearís mode as a building block to future years, but in real talk that means pretty straightforward and no frills.
- Thereís not much Ďout of the ringí interactions are decision to be made yet. I donít feel as if Iím having much control over whether the crowd loves me or hates me yet either.
- Match star ratings arenít as important as I thought for getting up to the top of the roster fast. I had a match rated 1.5 stars and William Regal told me I was obviously capable of putting on great matches so he was giving me a shot at being the new #1 contender for the NXT Title. Iím not sure that computes.
- You are given a basic set of moves you have to customize move by move. This, like many other aspects of the game, is done in an incredibly cumbersome manner. Itíd be nice if there were basic movesets to choose from so you donít have to do them all one by one. Maybe there is and Iím not seeing it as well, maybe.
- Speaking of cumbersome, the create-a-wrestler feature/process is pretty clunky. You have to wait for the game to load pieces you add onto your created wrestler, sometimes by more than five or ten seconds. What should be a pretty fast/seamless process actually took me over 40 minutes. It was so slow, I dread going back in and making adjustments to my created wrestler.
The big thing Iíve noticed about MyCareer is that itís like the rest of the game at this point. Far from bad, but far from great as well. Itís adequate or solid, with plenty to keep you busy and enough to keep you playing, but itís clear the developers were just wanting to get a basic level of functionality down this year before doing anything new or exciting. That sets up a potentially amazing future but a pretty barebones and merely adequate experience today.
WWE 2K15 is out as of today, and while many of you are enjoying the game -- there are some of you who don't know what the game offers when it comes to match types. There are several different match types to choose from, here's the complete list:
1 vs. 1
- Extreme Rules
- Falls Count Anywhere
- Iron Man
- Last Man Standing
- No Holds Barred
- Steel Cage
- Hell in a Cell
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Fatal Four Way
- Fatal Four Way Extreme Rules
- Elimination Tag
- Battle Royal
- Elimination Tag
- Hell in a Cell
- Elimination Chamber
- King of the Ring
The game also includes the Royal Rumble match. The most notable exceptions in my opinion are Survivor Series matches, as well as other bigger tag matches. Still, there's plenty of options to play around with, hopefully we get some create-a-match type of features in the future.
After some much needed time away with family and friends, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) has provided us with the details of this mornings roster update.
NOTE: Posting the same thing every day in this topic does not make it more likely for you to get an answer, or see your suggestion implemented in the roster. If you arenít seeing your requests fulfilled in these updates, trust that there is a reason as to why. It is possible that it is something that Mike doesn't directly work on. If you have a suggestion or a complaint, post it once or PM Mike and move on.
Read More - NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-18-14)
EA Sports has released another FIFA 15 video tutorial. This one teaches players how to score on free kicks. It shows the controls, shot power and best players to score with Power Free Kicks, Dipping Free Kicks, Curling Free Kicks and Driven Free Kicks.
If you need a cheat sheet on the skill moves in FIFA 15, a Reddit user by the name of Maniiia, has posted them here.
With WWE 2K15 having kind of a strange release schedule, a lot of users have been waiting to see whether the new consoles make this year's entry worthy of the upgrade. After spending some time with the Xbox One version, it's safe to say that 2K's influence on this year's product is obvious. From some of the subtle animations changes and presentational flair, everything has received a boost in some way.
Then again, from what I've seen, there are clearly areas where corners have been cut to ship a product on time, such as missing modes, a smaller roster and a diminished creation suite. We're not talking NHL 15 levels of feature and mode omission here, but there are some items missing, so make sure you go in with your eyes open. Some users are quite upset at only 25 create-a-wrestler spots, for instance, compared to 100 on previous generation hardware.
Here are some of my quick impressions... (Make sure you share yours)
Read More - WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions
As mentioned last week, the Driveclub 1.07 update has arrived, adding photo mode, tracks, cars and more. The team is still working on getting the servers stable.
Check out the details below.
- Adds Photo Mode to the game. You can enable Photo Mode during gameplay by pressing the right side of the Touch Pad and share your favourite pictures with the Share button.
- Adds three new tracks - all including reverse variants: Yedapalli in India, Los Pelambres in Chile and Wester Ross in Scotland.
- Adds support for the Renault DeZir DRIVECLUBô Edition and BMW M5, 2013 to PlayStationģStore (available as free download to full game owners from Nov 25-SCEA, 26-SCEE, 27-SCEJ).
- Adds support for the Ignition Expansion Pack - which includes the Ignition Car Pack and Ignition Tour Pack - to PlayStationģStore (free download available from Nov 25-SCEA, 26-SCEE, 27-SCEJ).
- W Motors Lykan Hypersport
- Caterham SP/ 300.R
- KTM X-Bow R
- BMW M4
- Renault Twin'Run Concept
- Adds support for the Photo-Finish Tour Pack to PlayStationģStore (free download available from Nov 25-SCEA, 26-SCEE, 27-SCEJ).
- Adds support for two new livery packs to PlayStationģStore (free download available from Nov 25-SCEA, 26-SCEE, 27-SCEJ).
- Changes have be made to corner cutting, corner penalties & collision penalties for balancing purposes.
- Improves the Server Announcements functionality and implements a restyled screen.
- Adds the ability to manually trigger reset-to-track by pressing the left side of the Touch Pad.
- Adds the ability to view a Club's current unlocks (Vehicles, Paint Jobs, Club Badge Shapes and Accolade Stickers).
- Integrates Player and Club Cards into various option menus.
- Adds the option to hide and unhide the results screen in order to view the post-race cameras.
- Adds Newest Clubs to the list of potential recipients when sending a Club Challenge.
- Adds the ability to search for a Club by name when sending a Club Challenge.
- Plus a number of minor bug fixes, performance improvements and usability tweaks.
2K has just released their WWE 2K15 launch trailer and also announced that you will be able to download up to 20 pieces of content from Community Creations per day.
2K today released the fourth and final episode of ďThe Making of WWE 2K15,Ē which takes a detailed look into the gameís spotlight on key rivalries in WWE history. In this installment of the series, titled, ďIntroducing 2K Showcase,Ē Executive Producer Mark Little, Senior Designer Bryan Williams and Game Designer Ramelle Ballesca dive into the story-driven mode and illustrate how WWE 2K15 puts fans in the driverís seat for some of the most pivotal and personal rivalries in WWE history.
Included in 2K Showcase are the rivalry between WWE Superstars Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels from 2002-2004, as well as the rivalry between John Cena and CM Punk from 2011-2013. Featuring documentary-style video packages of classic WWE footage, WWE Superstar commentary and cinematic cut scenes, players have the ability to recreate these ďlarger than lifeĒ moments or stage dream matchup between WWE Superstars past and present through unlockable content available in the mode.
If you missed the previous Making of WWE 2K15 videos, check them out in the links below.
- The Making of WWE 2K15 Video - Episode 1: A New Generation of Wrestling
- The Making of WWE 2K15 Part 2 - The Game Has Changed
- The Making of WWE 2K15 Episode 3: MyCAREER
It's been an interesting year for Konami's PES team. While EA rushed to harness the power of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with FIFA 14, Konami decided to release PES 2014 on the Xbox 360 & PS3 utilizing the critically acclaimed Fox Engine. Despite receiving numerous gameplay patches throughout the year, PES 2014 often felt more frustrating than fun. Those who stayed the course with PES 2014 were ultimately rewarded with the best gameplay since PES 2011.
As news began to emerge on PES 2015, the community remained cautiously optimistic as Konami boasted that this year, "The Pitch is Ours." It's a claim that the community had heard before and all signs were pointing towards a pivotal year for a franchise that has seen its market share decrease in Europe and the United States over the past few years.
With the release of PES 2015, Konami has attempted to re-embrace its roots, focusing its attention on what it does best: gameplay. Now that kickoff whistle has blown, it's time to take to the pitch and see how successful PES 2015 is this year at replicating the beautiful game.
Read More - In PES 2015, The Old Magic is Back on the Pitch (XB1/PS4 Review)
Another free content update is scheduled to arrive for EA Sports UFC on Wednesday, November 19th. Myles Jury and Yoel Romero have been confirmed.
UPDATE: Andrei Arlovski has been confirmed.
According to GameplayDevUFC, this content update will not feature any gameplay fixes.
We will update this post as more information comes in.
Who do you hope to see?
If you want to help improve the NBA Live 15 experience, this is a very unique way to possibly help the game improve this year.
WTF is a long-time member of our site and also an EA Sports Game Changer, so he has a voice with the developers and constructive feedback will only help the experience in NBA Live 15 improve. Read his message and leave your own constructive feedback in the comments!
At their core, video games are supposed to be fun experiences that may or may not mimic real life. The key though, is for them to be fun and easy enough to use that people can actually play them.
When it comes to iOS games, that charge can be summed up even simpler: the games have to have a premise simple enough to pick up and play, but they have to offer enough depth and reward you for your skill enough to keep you playing.
TrueSkate is a great example of perfectly fine iOS game design. The premise is simple, you can skate around a skate park and try to join together tricks for higher combos or you can try to complete any number of missions to earn in-game currency to buy more skateboards or unlock new items in the game.
Read More - TrueSkate Review (iOS/Android)