Talking about the Madden Live Challenge tournament.
It seriously was a bit of a letdown...
The sports are everywhere, so let's discuss the games...
Operation Sports Content
Sunday, November 29, 2015
11:54 AM - November 29, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K16: Southwest Division Team Breakdowns
- WWE 2K16 Patch 1.02 Arrives Today For PS3/360, Details Included
- Need for Speed Patch Scheduled to Arrive on November 25, Details Included
- Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.05 Available Now
- NBA Live 16 Game Update 1.04 Available Now, Details Included
- NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One
- Why I Love to Play NBA Live 16
- Need For Speed Patch Available Now
- NBA 2K16: Northwest Division Team Breakdowns
- Hockey Mode and More Coming to Rocket League on December 14
- R.B.I. Baseball 15 on Sale For $5 on Xbox One (Gold Subscribers), $0.99 on Mobile
- PES 2016 Data Pack #2 Arrives on December 3, Plenty of Details Revealed
- Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now (11-26-15)
- NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (11-26-15)
- FIFA 16 Title Update #4 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included
- Week 12: Operation Sports Fantasy Football Championship on FanDuel
- Free to Play PES 2016 Announced, Scheduled to Arrive on December 8 (PS3, PS4)
- I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16
- Press Row Podcast - Madden Jumps Into eSports
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included
- NBA 2K16: It's Time to Give MyTeam a Chance
- PES 2016 and the Idea of Unmitigated Joy
Saturday, November 28, 2015
07:40 PM - November 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Kevin Groves
In a day and age where video games are supposed to mimic what we see on television, there's still a fine line between fun and realism that can make or break a sports title. At its core, PES 2016 achieves what it was set out to accomplish, a blend of realism (unique player ID, team styles, etc.) and fun (fast-paced action, highlights galore, etc.).
Trying to cram 90 minutes into a 10-25 minute experience can be challenging, especially in a sport where a good majority of the play is focused in the center of the field, ways away from either goal. Sure, PES 2016 suffers from inconsistent referees and animations that could be improved, but when it shines, it illuminates the screen.
Read More - PES 2016 and the Idea of Unmitigated Joy (Written by: Kevin Groves)
Friday, November 27, 2015
10:07 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
Ever since its introduction on the Dreamcast, NBA 2K has been my favorite sports video game franchise by far. Its bread and butter is, without question, the gameplay. Basketball purists appreciate the realism and extreme attention to detail. This game is quite possibly the most authentic representation of its sport when compared to other franchises. And 2K’s continued focus on improving various gameplay mechanics keeps players coming back year after year.
With gameplay as fun and realistic as 2K’s, it’s easy to get caught up playing exhibition games, ignoring the variety of gameplay modes offered in the 2K series. In fact, my favorite mode to play is exhibition, as I have a yearly series of games with a good friend of mine. We track the final scores from each game and keep track of who’s in the lead. The gameplay mechanics are so diverse that each game feels fresh and exciting.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Its Time to Give MyTeam a Chance
06:12 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by oneamongthefence. Written by Steve Noah
Activision and Robomodo have released Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 patch 1.03, weighing in at a whopping 7.8GB. Check out the details below.
- Additional levels have been added (Underground, Wild West)
- Additional character campaigns have been added (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tyler the Creator)
- Lighting and visuals have been improved for several levels
- Ability to regain Special Meter during a single combo has been added
- Per-Mission Leaderboards have been added
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while in a Mission or Mode
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while search for the other player for Co-op Missions or Modes
- Tutorial has been updated
- Many Pro Skaters' Textures have been updated
- Several Pro Skaters have recived Sponsor update
- Create-a-Park Levels have been updated
- Increased the total number of Stat points a Campaign can earn from 128 to 150
- Several gameplay mechanics within the levels have been updated
- Grinds were updated in several of the levels
- The User Generated Content Rating System has been updated
- Added Likes/Dislikes to the User Generated Levels
- New Challenge UI Flow for matching during FreeSkate has been added
- Leaderboard functionality was updated
- Several multiplayer modes have been added and updated
- Modes added include "Daily Grind," "Skate Hoarding" and "Manual Mayhem"
- More options for user preference have been added including:
- Double tapping grind button to activate slam
- Opt in/out of Global Voice Chat
- Several UI audio effects have been added
- Misc - minor UI fixes and improvements have been made
05:17 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
In the 159th episode of the Press Row Podcast, Madden’s eSports Producer Matt Marcou joins host Rich Grisham to talk about all the details related to Madden’s brand new foray into the explosively popular world of eSports. Marcou discusses why eSports overall has gotten so big, where Madden hopes to fit into that equation, the elements that have led him and the Madden team to craft Draft Champions Ranked to fuel their eSports initiative, and much more.
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 37 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
04:35 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Groves
Make no mistake about it, FIFA's stranglehold on exclusive licenses is a major reason why the series has enjoyed so much success since the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3. The ability to pick it up and play as nearly all of your favorite clubs makes it a day-one purchase for so many of us footy enthusiasts. Combine that with stable online servers and modes galore, and it's no wonder why EA Canada has been the most praised EA development team over the last few years. Despite this stronghold, FIFA has still found a way to grow by expanding into the all-important US soccer market.
Read More - I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16
10:48 AM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Konami has just announced a free to play version of PES 2016, exclusively for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. The entry level version will feature Exhibition Mode complete with the choice of 7 teams including Bayern Munich, Juventus, AS Roma, Brazil and France. There is also a full Training section and the popular myClub feature. Users will be able to play both online and offline with unlimited access to the myClub mode.
Source - Konami
07:22 AM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Operation Sports Fantasy Football League is back for Week 12, a docket that features 13 games.
Can the Seahawks steady the ship against Big Ben, Antonio Brown and the Steelers (4:25 p.m. EST)? Saving the best for last, the undefeated Patriots travel to Mile High to square off against Brock Osweiler and the Broncos (8:30 p.m. EST).
With football comes FanDuel. Head over to the contest lobby to get started. It’s only $5 to enter, with $60 to first place. Click here to enter! We'll see you there!
Thursday, November 26, 2015
10:08 PM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Gnemi. Written by Steve Noah
FIFA 16 title update #4 is available now for PC users. Check out the details below.
The update is scheduled to arrive later for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but an exact release date was not specified.
This update includes the following items in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- The ability to quickly change price values when listing items on the transfer market.
- Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches.
- Added the ability to search your club items by Nationality.
- Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
- Improved pass receiver selection.
- Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.
Source - EA Forums
06:05 PM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, making Steph Curry the top rated current player in the game. Curry is now an overall 95, while LeBron James stays at 94. Also of note, Kobe Bryant has gone down to an overall 78, the same rating as teammates Lou Williams and Jordan Clarkson.
- Kawhi Leonard +1 (91)
- Blake Griffin +1 (90)
- Paul George +1 (90)
- Andre Drummond +1 (87)
- Jimmy Butler +2 (88)
- Kyle Lowry +1 (85)
- Brandon Knight +3 (84)
- Draymond Green +1 (84)
- Hassan Whiteside +1 (83)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo +1 (82)
- Rajon Rondo +1 (82)
- Kemba Walker +2 (82)
- Avery Bradley +4 (81)
- Jonas Valanciunas +1 (81)
- C. J. McCollum +1 (80)
- Andre Iguodala +3 (80)
- Harrison Barnes +3 (80)
- Manu Ginobili +1 (80)
- Chris Paul -1 (89)
- Carmelo Anthony -1 (86)
- Dwight Howard -1 (84)
- Marc Gasol -1 (84)
- Klay Thompson -1 (83)
- Nikola Vucevic -1 (81)
- Reggie Jackson -1 (80)
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
Let us know what you are seeing!
12:37 PM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived. Check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.
- Melvin Ingram +2 (82)
- Cam Newton +1 (94)
- Adam Vinatieri +1 (89)
- Jameis Winston +2 (84)
- Luke Kuechly +1 (98)
- Carson Palmer +1 (96)
- DeAndre Hopkins +1 (95)
- Dez Bryant +1 (95)
- Eric Berry +1 (91)
- Tyrod Taylor -1 (83)
- Jay Cutler -1 (85)
- Darrelle Revis -1 (95)
- Michael Bennett -1 (96)
- Aqib Talib -1 (92)
- NaVorro Bowman -1 (91)
- Tony Romo -1 (91)
- Randall Cobb -1 (89)
- Andy Dalton -1 (88)
- Jay Cutler -1 (85)
10:06 AM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
After apologizing about the PES 2016 roster issues earlier this month, Konami has announced data pack #2 is scheduled to release on December 3, complete with updated rosters covering all moves made until October 19.
The free update also adds new international uniforms for Germany, Italy and Spain, along with Maracana stadium and 51 more updated player likeness faces with more coming in future updates. The update also includes 8 new shoe styles, the new Nike Ordem CSF and Ordem2 balls and new entrance sequences.
Check out the trailer here, along with plenty of new screenshots here.
Read the full press release below.
KONAMI CONFIRMS DATA PACK #2 DETAILS
Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. announced today that the company remains committed to continually evolving the rosters, adding more content and providing new visual elements to the latest addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer franchise, PES 2016. Central to the free download is the addition of the recent reveal of the new international uniforms for Germany, Italy and Spain, which will be made available on Dec. 3.
PES 2016 is world renowned for its stunning recreations of players, with its Team and Player ID systems ensuring its teams and stars both resemble and mimic their real life counterparts. Data Pack #2 adds 51 new likenesses to the player rosters, including Fernando Torres, Kevin de Bruyne, Julian Draxler, Jamie Vardy and Aleksander Mitrovic. Additional players will be added in the coming updates. Along with faces, the rosters will be updated for all offline modes, correcting those missing in the previous Data Pack and covering all moves made until Oct. 19.
For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users, KONAMI has perfectly recreated the legendary Brazilian Estadio do Maracana venue, and for the first time in the series, it will include a unique pre-match intro sequence showing the exterior, the surrounding city and passionate fans lighting fireworks and flares.
Eight new shoe styles will also be added to the game, including the latest designs from Joma, Mizuno and Puma. The new Nike Ordem CSF and Ordem2 balls designs have also been perfectly replicated for use within the game. Other improvements include new entrance sequences for Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana matches.
More updates for PES 2016 are planned and details will be revealed in the coming weeks.
09:19 AM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
R.B.I. Baseball 15 is currently on sale for $5 on Xbox One, if you're an Xbox Gold Subscriber, otherwise it costs $7 (regular price is $19.99). For those of you on PlayStation 4, it appears you have been left out.
For everyone else, you can grab R.B.I. Baseball 15 for $0.99 on iOS and Android devices (regular price is $4.99).
The sale ends on November 30.
- Authentic ballparks with unique characteristics from every Major League Baseball club
- Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball mode with 16 player rosters
- Stat tracking by team, player and season league leaders across multiple seasons
- Features over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes based on hundreds of millions of data points from the MLB.com database
- Own the pitch: Control the movement of your pitch from start to finish
- Season, Postseason & Exhibition Mode
- Adjustable difficulty settings; Easy, Medium, Hard
- Intuitive touch controls
- Automatically Save and Resume your in-progress ballgame
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
06:06 PM - November 25, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Hockey mode is coming to Rocket League on December 14. "Snow Day" will replace the "Mutator Mashup" on the online playlist, with an ice-themed field and a heavy, disc-shaped puck. For those that are curious, the Mutator Mashup will still be there, it just won’t be in the online playlist.
List of upcoming "Winter Event" items:
- “Xmas” Rocket Trail
- “Blitzen” Topper
- “Christmas Tree” Topper
- “Sad Sapling” Topper
- “Santa” Topper
- “Candy Cane” Antenna
- “Holiday Gift” Antenna
IMPORTANT NOTE: You WILL NOT need to purchase any DLC to gain access to "Snow Day" or the "Winter Games" items, nor will you need the DLC to access the new "Wasteland" map that ships on the same day.
10:56 AM - November 25, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
This is guest content written by Marc Price. You can follow Marc on Twitter, listen to his Post Game Podcast, and read his work on Medium.
Today in our whirlwind tour of the NBA, we are taking a look at the NBA's Northwest Division. From the superstar laden Oklahoma City Thunder to the constantly rebuilding Minnesota Timberwolves to the dangerous Portland Trail Blazers.
In these guides we will look at the strategy for the first year as well as the first three years. Through this, we hope you get an idea of how you should approach managing and building each team in the game.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Northwest Division Team Breakdowns