A few tips on how to play the game better than you probably are right now...
The Golf Club's Season Mode is a worthy addition to the franchise...
A look at this year's newest edition of the F1 series.
The indie football game doesn't quite live up to its promise...at least initially.
Visual Concepts' Community Managers, Chris Manning and Ronnie Singh, just finished their regular Tuesday Twitch stream. This week, the duo discussed NBA 2K16's plans for Germany's upcoming Gamescom convention, plus they answered several community questions about the recently revealed 2K Pro-Am mode.
If you don't want to watch the entire 47-minute broadcast, here is a summary of the stream:
- The 2K Pro-Am mode will have "eSports elements," which will be discussed in more detail at a later date.
- There won't be any "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am mode, even in the 40-person arena. Ronnie said that all the player icons moving around NBA 2K15's Rec Center were causing the lag in that mode, not the 40-person player load.
- The developers are making sure that the fill-in AI players on 2K Pro-Am mode will be "mediocre," so that lineups with more human players will always have a competitive advantage.
- The "ELO" leaderboard system is designed to reward teams who are beating other highly ranked teams. Wins against low-ranked teams won't count as much.
- 2K's marketing schedule is "really, really close" to releasing NBA 2K16's first gameplay videos. Some screenshots of the cover athletes (James Harden, Stephen Curry, and Anthony Davis) will appear on Facebook tonight at 9:00 PM PST.
- More of the new historic teams that have been added to NBA 2K16 will be announced later this week. The 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors, 2000-2001 Los Angeles Lakers, and 2007-2008 Boston Celtics have already been revealed.
- There is no playable NBA 2K16 demo at Gamescom this year. Ronnie's reasoning for this decision was that the gamers attending this conference generally are not NBA fans.
IGN has posted some PES 2016 gameplay footage between Juventus F.C. and A.C. Milan. Andre Bronzoni and Gustavo Petro are speaking in Portuguese, so keep that in mind before hitting that play button.
In a rumor based initially from a pretty credible Twitter source, it looks like Euro 2016 could be coming to PES 2016 via DLC on an exclusive basis.
With Konami already wrapping up licensing for the Champions League, Europa League and Super Cup -- this is another license in Pro Evolution's arsenal.
The UEFA Euro 2016 Tournament will be held in the summer of 2016 in France, with 24 total national teams being featured for the first time ever. At the present time, 53 national teams are vying to secure the 23 available slots with France getting an automatic bid already.
News Tip: Only Pro Evolutions
EA Sports has released Madden NFL 16 team ratings for the AFC North today, along with a few more player ratings.
Baltimore Ravens (85 OVR)
- Breshad Perriman (73 OVR)
- Maxx Williams (74 OVR)
- Justin Forsett (87 OVR)
- Marshall Yanda (98 OVR)
- Kelechi Osemele (90 OVR)
- Terrell Suggs (93 OVR)
- Daryl Smith (90 OVR)
- C. J. Mosely (88 OVR)
- Elvis Dumervil (88 OVR)
- Will Hill (88 OVR)
- Jeremy Hill (86 OVR)
- Andrew Whitworth (95 OVR)
- Kevin Zeitler (89 OVR)
- A. J. Green (92 OVR)
- Mohamed Sanu (79 OVR)
- Marvin Jones (78 OVR)
- Tyler Eifert (81 OVR)
- Geno Atkins (89 OVR)
- Carlos Dunlap (88 OVR)
- Michael Johnson (81 OVR)
- Vontaze Burfict (86 OVR)
- Rey Maualuga (83 OVR)
- Dre Kirkpatrick (77 OVR)
- Ben Roethlisberger (95 OVR)
- Antonio Brown (97 OVR)
- Le’Veon Bell (94 OVR)
- Martavis Bryant (80 OVR)
- Markus Wheaton (75 OVR)
- Stephon Tuitt (73 OVR)
- Cameron Heyward (88 OVR)
- James Harrison (84 OVR)
- Arthur Moats (80 OVR)
- Shamarko Thomas (76 OVR)
- Josh McCown (72 OVR)
- Johnny Manziel (71 OVR)
- Dwayne Bowe (83 OVR)
- Andrew Hawkins (80 OVR)
- Brian Hartline (78 OVR)
- Isaiah Crowell (74 OVR)
- Terrance West (73 OVR)
- Duke Johnson (73 OVR)
- Danny Shelton (75 OVR)
- Desmond Bryant (79 OVR)
- Randy Starks (79 OVR).
- Karlos Dansby (90 OVR)
- CB Joe Haden (90 OVR)
- Donte Whitner (90 OVR)
- Madden NFL 16 AFC East Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Punters
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Kickers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Safeties
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Cornerbacks
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Defensive Tackles
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Defensive Ends
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Outside Linebackers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Middle Linebackers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Offensive Linemen
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 6 Quarterbacks
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs
- Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed - Top 10
We recently had an opportunity to interview Jeff Thomas, vice president of sports development at Visual Concepts to discuss some more details about the new 2K Pro-Am mode in NBA 2K16. While we had many questions from the OS community, most of them could not be answered at this time, due to details on other modes yet to be announced. With that said, enjoy the quick interview and let us know what you think.
Read More: NBA 2K16 2K Pro-AM Interview with Jeff Thomas
Turn 10 Studios released a new Forza Motorsport 6 trailer today, during the Xbox Briefing at gamescom 2015.
Forza Motorsport 6 ships on September 15 exclusively on Xbox One.
The FIFA 16 EA Access trial is scheduled to arrive on September 17 and give subscribers 10 hours of gameplay.
With Madden NFL 16, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR and Battlefield Hardline setting the pace, it looks like 10 hour trials for EA Access subscribers will be the new standard.
If you are looking to get an Xbox One, Microsoft and EA Sports announced their FIFA 16 Xbox One bundle. It includes an Xbox One console with a 1TB hard drive, a full download of FIFA 16 and a one-year subscription to EA Access. You can pre-order on Amazon for $399.99, with a scheduled release date of September 15.
Glenn has given his thoughts on the EASHL beta, and now I'm ready to hop in with my own thoughts. Also check out the video we recorded yesterday with thoughts on EASHL's Beta...
Read More - EASHL Beta Shows Improvement for the Mode, But Some Old Issues Remain
XboxAchievements have posted the NHL 16 achievements. They also have quite a few new screenshots within each achievement, if you want to click through them all.
We've listed a few of the achievements below, but check out the link to see them all.
- Conference Champions - 15
Be a member of an EASHL club that has recently won a Division Title and return to the Seasons HUB.
- Developer - 30
Have a player that you drafted grow to 90+ overall in Be A GM mode.
- Drafted - 30
Have your Be a Pro player drafted in Be a Pro mode while playing an entire season in the CHL.
- Grow it Out - 15
With a created player, grow a playoff beard in a playoff round in any mode.
- Huddle Up - 15
Improve at least 10 players morale via a team meeting in Be A GM Mode.
- Master Negotiator - 15
Sign a 1st line Forward, a Top 2 Defenseman or an Elite Goalie during Free Agency in Be A GM mode.
- Not My Gatorade! - 30
Knock off the opposing goalie's Gatorade bottle from the net by scoring a goal.
- We Salute You - 15
Watch the Rangers Home Salute NIS after a User wins as the Home team in any mode.
IGN has posted some WWE 2K16 gameplay and entrance videos, along with some gameplay details. Chain grappling returns, with more transitions and moves, they will also have more impact with the different attribute values each wrestler has. So you will see ties, resulting in cheap shots or breakups. Working grapples are new this year, if you initiate the grapple, you can rest to gain more stamina, while your opponent loses some.
Below are a few more WWE 2K16 details:
- MyCareer is back, and this time it goes a lot further, all the way to you gaining admission to the WWE Hall of Fame.
- Create a Diva, Create a Show, Create an Arena, and Create a Championship are back in!
- WWE Universe: Wrestlers can now be booked to multiple shows
- Online has been "overhauled."
- Three-man commentary team, with John "Bradshaw" Layfield joining King and Cole.
- Ladder, handicap, and tornado tag match types added back in.
- No loading screens between entrances, and you can assault opponents during their entrance!
- Improved ref and manager AI.
Source - IGN
2K France has revealed the French cover for NBA 2K16, featuring Tony Parker. The cover also confirms 25 Euroleague teams.
Since no other announcements were made about the teams, we can assume the same teams from last year are included.
Below are the Euroleague teams included last year. If anything changes, this post will get updated.
- Alba Berlin
- Anadolu Efes Istanbul
- Brose Baskets Bamberg
- Budivelnik Kyiv
- Crvena Zvezda Telekom Belgrade
- CSKA Moscow
- EA7 Emporio Armani Milan
- FC Barcelona
- FC Bayern Munich
- Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
- Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul
- JSF Nanterre
- Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
- Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius
- Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar
- Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
- Montepaschi Siena
- Olympiacos Piraeus
- Panathinaikos Athens
- Partizan NIS Belgrade
- Real Madrid
- Stelmet Zielona Góra
- Unicaja Málaga
- Zalgiris Kaunas
The first NBA 2K16 screenshots have been released by the Toronto Raptors, as they revealed their 2015/16 uniforms (another link here).
Big thanks to YoungTune, DIRK41NOWITZKI, Da InFaMoUs NY and @ColtsnPacers for locating them all.
J.B.L. just announced prior to Monday Night Raw that he will be joining Michael Cole and Jerry 'The King' Lawler in WWE 2K16 as an announcer. This means that WWE 2K16 will feature a three-man commentary team, which could be an effort to boost the series' particular weak point.
Commentary has not been a strong suit of the series ever, and this attempt at a three man booth with additional banter could liven up the TV style presentation. This same approach worked well in the NCAA Football series, so it'd be great if the results were similar in WWE 2K. We're hoping to have more information on the presentation in WWE 2K16 in the coming weeks as future news updates arrive.
With the EASHL Beta program continuing, we managed to get Jayson Young away from his PS4 to talk to us about what he thinks of EASHL so far in a new video.
In the video, Jayson talks about what he likes about the mode, what he's worried about, and gives an outlook on what you can expect. Also, in case you missed it -- we posted additional impressions on the NHL 16 EASHL Beta earlier today from our own Glenn Wigmore as well.
Check out the new NBA Live 16 team select screenshot that was just released on the official Facebook page. The screenshot also provides some player ratings (probably not final).
UPDATE: ProjectLeet has mentioned these ratings are old, so don't focus on them.
Al Horford (84 OVR)
Paul Millsap (82 OVR)
Thabo Sefolosha (76 OVR)
Kyle Korver (76 OVR)
Jeff Teague ((85 OVR)
Nikola Vucevic (83 OVR)
Aaron Gordon (72 OVR)
Tobias Harris (80 OVR)
Victor Oladipo (84 OVR)
Elfrid Payton (79 OVR)