A look at managing finances in FIFA 15.
Metalhead's Baseball title is a smashing success...
How to take the Pistons to the promised land.
A more in-depth look at the upcoming arcade baseball title from Metalhead.
Operation Sports Content
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
02:03 PM - December 17, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Matthew Coe
Sports gamers have a variety of ways to receive roster in 2014. Going forward into 2015 and beyond, there is a debate over what kind of delivery method is preferred by the community. In this piece, we'll take a look at using rosters generated by companies like Synergy and SportVu versus the method that is tried and true: manual handmade edits. Let's look at the debate.
Read More - The Future of Sports Gaming Roster Updates
11:06 AM - December 17, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
Thanks to BradyBunch88 on the Operation Sports Forums for his great FIFA beginners guide. If you want to cheat ahead in this series, you can see the full document at the link. Throughout the rest of this week, we'll be posting tidbits from the guide to help newer FIFA players along. Today, we're looking at players wages and contracts!
Wages - I have yet to not give the player what he wants. If you squad rotate a lot, you can typically give a player what he wants if he wants to be an important player or a crucial player. The key is making sure you can meet your player's expectations.
Contracts - Again, this is a story of giving the player what they want. If a player does reject, don't give up and offer again the next week.
Canceling Contracts - If/when you do this, make sure you never want that player again because they likely won't re-sign for you ever.
Player Morale - If a player says that he is unhappy, that means he wants to play more. Give the player a couple of games on the field and they'll typically come back saying, "Thanks for putting me back into the team."
If they are unhappy because management is poor, the solution to that is simple: win more games. If they're unhappy because they are underpaid, you can give them a new contract or sell them, whichever makes more financial sense for your club.
How do you manage players wages, contracts, and morale in FIFA 15?
08:37 AM - December 17, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K Sports has just added the Christmas uniforms for the Wizards, Knicks, Thunder, Spurs, Cavaliers, Heat, Lakers, Bulls, Warriors and Clippers, as well as the new Pride uniforms for the Celtics and Magic, along with the new Cavaliers alternate uniform for NBA 2K15.
This year's uniforms include each player's first name on the back of the jerseys, but in NBA 2K15 it still shows the last name. We will continue to upload some screenshots of the new uniforms here.
NOTE: These uniforms are all tied to the 2K Sports official roster update, so you have to start over to see them in other modes. They are available in MyTEAM.
UPDATE: These uniforms are scheduled to arrive for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 fans tonight.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
07:20 PM - December 16, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.
Check out the changes for this mornings roster update here.
NOTE: If you have a roster update request, please post it in this thread (comments will be locked for individual roster updates from now on). The requests should be exclusively in reference to inaccuracies in specific jersey team colors, player accessories, shoes, jersey numbers, player information, rotations, contracts, and missing players. The thread is NOT meant to discuss player attributes/tendencies/badges/art changes.
05:32 PM - December 16, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K announced today that former Baylor University center Isaiah Austin is now available as a playable free agent in NBA 2K15 on all platforms. To celebrate his remarkable courage and character during his career-ending diagnosis of Marfan syndrome, 2K conducted facial scanning with Isaiah at the NBA 2K studios to fulfill one more part of the dream of any aspiring basketball athlete by becoming an in-game player in NBA 2K15.
Fans will have the opportunity to add him to their team as a free agent as well as in the MyTEAM mode, and view him on this week’s episode of NBA2K TV.
For those that are curious, Isaiah Austin is rated an overall 73.
01:44 PM - December 16, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
With The Golf Club rolling out feature update two, which includes the new Handicap system, there are also a few other important additions to the game on top of that. In the second feature update, there will also be two new official 72 par courses added to the game.
Flin Flon Golf Club, built using the Boreal Theme, and Great Tottington Golf Club, built using the brand new Countryside Theme, are included in feature update number two. Be sure to check out our new screenshots of both courses.
Feature update two of The Golf Club should arrive by Christmas.
01:32 PM - December 16, 2014. Posted by wiscowilz. Written by Steve Noah
2K Announces Availability of First WWE® 2K15 Downloadable Content Offerings
WCW® Superstars Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, Fit Finlay, Lex Luger and Lord Steven Regal set to join playable, in-game roster
2K today announced the availability of new downloadable content for WWE® 2K15, the latest release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Featuring five playable WCW® Superstars, the downloadable content offering* via Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, includes the following items:
- Playable WCW Superstars: Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page, Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal and Lex Luger.
- WCW Pack is available now for a suggested price of $7.99.
UPDATE: 2K Games is adding two iconic characters to the game--Hulk Hogan and Sting--who were initially offered as exclusive pre-order and special edition bonuses.
Source - GameSpot
10:45 AM - December 16, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
Thanks to BradyBunch88 on the Operation Sports Forums for his great FIFA beginners guide. If you want to cheat ahead in this series, you can see the full document at the link. Throughout the rest of this week, we'll be posting tidbits from the guide to help newer FIFA players along. Today, we're looking at the financial aspects of career mode!
Transfers and Loans - The best way to loan or transfer a player is to put them up for sale before the transfer window is open.
Financial Difficulty - Don't shoot yourself in the foot here. When you set the difficulty higher, it actually just doesn't give you the full amount of money you make from selling a player. You can sell a player for £10 Million, and you only will get £8 Million to use with the club taking £2 Million. It's best to set this to lenient rather than moderate or strict if you want to have the full funds available to you.
Financial Takeover - This is your friend and its one way to improve your club. Think about it, how many small clubs are being taken over by billionaires? This kind of thing happens in the real world quite often, and if you happen to gain promotion into the Premiere League (or you are working with a club at that level), you will need decent players to survive. This option can be found in your EA Sports Catalogue.
Finances - Here you can choose how much transfer money you want in relation to how much in wages you want to pay. It doesn't really matter what you put unless you don't have a lot of money, but you can push this to its absolute limit! If you keep the wage/transfer balance around 50/50 you really can't go wrong. The golden rule is that you need money to offer new contracts, so you need to adjust your settings accordingly.
What are some of the approaches you take to managing your clubs finances in FIFA 15?
Monday, December 15, 2014
05:49 PM - December 15, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
One of the most surprising games of the year is easily Super Mega Baseball. With some deceptively deep on-field gameplay, Super Mega Baseball has won over a few of our hearts since starting to play it over the last few days.
If you are planning on picking up the title, be sure to read our review first and then check out these tips to get you started:
- Pick an ego that works for you. I have played everything from the low egos (15 or so to start) up to 99. They progressively get harder, and honestly every game should do difficulty like this. It just makes sense.
- As you play on higher and higher egos, you will need to learn to work the count as a batter and wait on a good pitch. The lower difficulty levels you aren't as penalized if you 'miss' on your targeting while swinging, but get up past 50 and things really begin to get tough, especially for players who aren't as good at contact hitting.
- Pitch to the outside of the strike zone, just as in real life. Leaving pitches over the heart of the plate is going to result in you giving up runs.
- In the same way, getting a good feel for the pitching meter/motion is essential. Missing over the heart of the plate is truly a bad idea, and sometimes the meter is going to want to push you there. You have to develop quick reflexes in order to ensure your pitches end up on point.
- Mix your pitches up. This is obvious baseball 101 but those principles do work in the game. Throwing straight fastballs won't work, and throwing straight junk won't work. With so many pitches in your arsenal, you shouldn't ever have a problem mixing your approach up.
- I have found the power swing mechanic isn't something I used much at all. If you focus on getting great contact, you'll see similar results on the lower difficulty levels. Once you move up though, the power mechanic has more of an impact.
- Pitching wise, there is a power pitching mechanic, but I am honestly not using it and not giving up a lot of runs. My mileage seems to vary with others though.
Be sure to let us know some of your tips when you get a chance to play the game!!
04:42 PM - December 15, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahThe Forza Horizon 2 Storm Island Expansion DLC arrives tomorrow for Xbox One gamers. It will cost $19.99 ($9.99 if you are a Forza Horizon 2 VIP subscriber). Make sure you check out the videos below for more information about the DLC.
If the embedded videos below don't work for you, click here and view them at IGN.
02:56 PM - December 15, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
It is hard to believe that it's been 10 years since the likes of Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton won an NBA Championship for the Detroit Pistons. Motor City haa gone downhill ever since and have somehow resulted in having the NBA's most under-achieving team. It isn't as if they haven't tried; moves to get Brandon Jennings and Joel Anthony were supposed to provide balance and depth. Yet, here they sit, in last place in the Central division. Here are three moves you can make in your NBA 2K15 association to restore their former glory:
1. Get Rid of Josh Smith: Look, it's not as if the Pistons probably haven't tried. Smith is both the highest paid player on the Pistons (by a long shot) and one of the least efficient. Even if you can't get anything for him, it's worth trying to unload him on a contender with a lot of room in the budget.
2. Embrace the Tank: No one wants to be called a quitter, but the Pistons aren't making the playoffs this year. Instead, focus on the years to come. If you can be open to dealing one of your bigs in Drummond or Monroe, all the better.
3. Turn Monroe into a Star: If you don't follow my previous advice to get a haul for Monroe, then do everything you can to turn him into a star. He's already one of the best at his position, but the Pistons really need him to be even better than that. Regardless of who is around him, Monroe will always be the Piston's most important piece.
11:23 AM - December 15, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
If you’re an older sports gamer, than you probably have fond memories of past baseball games such as Ken Griffey Jr.’s Winning Run, R.B.I Baseball (Classic version) and Baseball Stars. What do all of these games have in common? Well, that would be a simple, engaging, and fun approach to America’s past time. While games like this are a rarity these days, the ambitious developer, Metalhead, aims to bring a small piece of that era back, with Super Mega Baseball. Did they succeed?
Read More - Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)
09:09 AM - December 15, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PES 2015 Data Pack 2 is scheduled to release tomorrow for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes new UEFA clubs, 73 new/updated player faces (click here to see a list of all the players that are included), four new stadiums, 10 new boot styles, 2 new match balls, kit updates, updated transfers and more.
Check out the details and press release below.
- 4 new UEFA clubs: FC Basel, BATE Borisov, Beşiktaş and NK Maribor - all fully licensed.
- 73 new/updated player faces: including Aaron Ramsey, Karim Bellarabi, José Callejón, Gerard Deulofeu, Iker Muniain, Rúben Neves and Luke Shaw. Konami confirm more faces will be added throughout the game's lifespan.
- Four new stadiums for PS4 and Xbox One: Estádio do Morumbi, Saitama Stadium, El Monumental and Estádio Mineirão.
- 10 new boot styles gives users the latest designs from Adidas, Mizuno and Umbro.
- Two new match balls: Ligue 1 OMB and the Adidas Conext 15.
- Kit updates for sides such as River Plate, Estudiantes and the German national team.
- Updated transfers: Live Updates will also reflect all deals from next month's January transfer window.
- myClub update: A 'huge' number of improvements, with Event Competitions and offline tournaments implemented to give users more ways to earn GP.
KONAMI Announces Pro Evolution Soccer 2015’s ‘Data Pack 2’ Update Contents
Free Update Includes New Teams, Faces, Stadiums and myClub Advancements
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced that it will be releasing its free ‘Data Pack 2’ download for Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 users. The new update, available from tomorrow, December 16, will include: four teams, 73 player faces, four stadiums and a number of key advances to the popular myClub mode.
As part of KONAMI’s commitment to continually enhance PES 2015, which has won a number of awards including 'Best Sports Game' at both Gamescom and Paris Games Week, the free download will be implemented on December 16. With PES 2015 exclusively featuring the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa Cup competitions, players will now also have access to official recreations of FC Basel 1893, Besiktas, FC Bate Borisov and NK Maribor – all featured in this year’s tournaments. All four teams will be fully licensed in the game, and will include respective team kits, rosters and iconography.
Acclaimed for its incredible player likenesses, the PES 2015 update adds 73 new player faces from all over the globe, including renowned stars such as José Callejón, Aaron Ramsey, Karim Bellarabi and Gerard Deulofeu. Up and coming stars such as England left-back Luke Shaw, Spanish star Iker Munian and Portugal’s Ruben Neves – all focal to the continuation of the PES 2015 Mantra: ‘The Pitch is Ours’ – will also be part of the update. All 73 updated players have been selected based on community requests worldwide, and will be joined by even more additions throughout the year.
Tied into these likenesses is the addition of a new element within myClub, a mode that allows users to build a team of world-class players using points earned for achieving milestones or through good play. These points can be spent on building a new team, and players can also be added via micro-transactions. The 73 new players, as well as upcoming stars, will also be featured in upcoming myClub events.
Further bolstered with Event Competitions, myClub provides users new ways to accumulate points for their team. A new panel will be added to the main menu screen, and Event Competitions will be open for limited times only. Players will be matched online, in one-off games or tournaments. A scalable selection of rewards will be gifted to the winning players. A tournament against CPU-controlled users is also available, with players matched against teams of similar ability and earning various rewards for successfully winning the tournament.
The update also includes the faithful recreation of four new stadiums including Estadio do Morumbi, Saitama Stadium, El Comumental and Estadio Mineirao, with the latter an exclusive to PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Other additions to the main game include 10 new boots showcasing the latest styles from adidas, Umbro and Mizuno, as well as the adidas Pro Ligue 1 and Conext 15 official match balls.
Additional kit updates and enhancements include those of River Plate, Estudiantes De La Plata and the German national side. All player moves have also been finalized, with additional January moves and loans to be constantly updated via PES 2015’s weekly stat updates, which reflect the form of players and sides within the game on an ongoing basis. Smaller improvements and enhancements have also been made to the Squad lists within myClub.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
12:11 PM - December 14, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (12-13-14)
- 2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs
- NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Coming Soon For Xbox One
- The Golf Club Feature Update #2 Submitted, Includes New Handicap System
- Madden NFL 15 Week 15 Roster Update Available Now
- EA Sports UFC Coming to the EA Access Vault on December 18th
- NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PC
- Free Legends Content Update Available Now For EA Sports UFC
- WWE 2K15 Patch 1.02 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One - Patch Notes Included
- NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included
- Bo Jackson Is Coming to Madden NFL 15
- Driveclub Game Update 1.08 Available Now, Full Details Included
Featured Articles and Media
- Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Videos
- Driveclub REDLINE Expansion Pack Trailer
- Dual Threat Podcast - Season 3: Army - Navy Week
- NBA 2K15 on Sale For $29.99 (Xbox One & PlayStation 4)
- From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers
- Press Row Podcast - Old Friends and New
- New NHL 15 Roster Update Raises Rookie Ratings, Improves CHL
- NHL 16 Survey Reveals More On Potential New Features
- New WWE 2K15 Patch Moves Game Forward
- The Golf Club Video Tutorial - Placing Multiple Objects
- Super Mega Baseball Interview with Scott Drader
- Several PSN Sports Titles On Sale Now
- NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement
- Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Teaser Trailer Is Here
- No Joy in Mudville for Xbox Owners
- PES 2015: Unlocking the Keys to Success
- From Worst to First: Turning Around the Oakland Raiders in Madden
11:37 AM - December 14, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
We have posted four new gameplay videos of Super Mega Baseball. Check out the one embedded above or check all of them out at the links below:
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #1
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #2
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #3
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #4