A look at the aftermath of the NHL trade deadline upon the game.
A look at the best free agents in this year's offseason and where they should go.
Looking for a team for this year's MLB 14: The Show franchise mode? Here's a few ideas to get you started.
PWX is back on Kickstarter and this time it's not only met but exceeded its goals.
If you thought breaking up with your significant other through email or text message is bad, wait until you hear about this one.
According to a screen-grab from yesterday, Darren Sproles found out he was being shopped around by the New Orleans Saints via a Tweet by @ESPNNFL.
Granted, we live in a culture where media is driven by the race to obtain and release information, but organizationally this reeks of poor leadership by the Saints front office. Perhaps it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things as NFL players are essentially business assets in a billion dollar industry. But for the sake of corporate unity, it's incredible to see front-office executives skip over the line of communication with players and go straight to the media.
Sound Off: Which NFL franchise suffers the most from poor leadership?
- Two high school basketball coaches in Iowa have stepped down after feeling bullied by players' parents.
- Ervin Santana has inked a deal to join the Atlanta Braves for 2014.
- Only in hockey will players fight; then hug and high-five. [YouTube]
- Recent reports have stated that Kobe Bryant is done for the rest of the season.
- Trades, Signings, and Cuts -- Oh My! Get ready for the NFL's free-agent free-for-all.
At the end of the day, R.B.I. Baseball 14 is pretty much exactly what we thought it would be. A report filed by Polygon says the game will be the fast-paced baseball game from your childhood with two button controls.
MLB also commented that players will behave as they do in real life, with real-life data being the basis for attributes and player behavior within the game. The game will feature a season mode, an exhibition mode, and a playoff mode. No cost information was revealed, but it was revealed the game will be a digital release on PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, and mobile platforms.
R.B.I. Baseball 14 will release on the PS3/Xbox 360 initially (reported to be April 10), with the next-gen consoles release following that. You can see more screens of the game here.
What do you think? Is R.B.I. Baseball 14 what you expected? Are you going to buy?
The NHL trade deadline for 2014 provided some decent fireworks, with several teams busying themselves with various deals throughout the day (as well as the few days leading up to the deadline). While a couple of teams ended up landing one big fish (Marty St. Louis for Ryan Callahan comes to mind), there were several organizations that either changed their lineup substantially or started the process of some kind of rebuild. Here are the teams that I feel changed the most, one way or the other, after the 2014 trade deadline. NHL 2014 has reflected these changes – and all the rest – in its most recent roster update.
Read More - NHL 14: Five Team's Changed by The Trade Deadline
Check out the latest Kinect Sports Rivals trailer as real gamers become Champions.
Kinect Sports Rivals ships on April 8th, exclusively for the Xbox One. More details can be found at the official website.
Need some MyTEAM points for NBA 2K14? Use the following locker code for Xbox One and PS4 to get 20,000 MT for free. It expires on Monday, March 17th. (Remember to use the dashes)
This locker codes expires on March 17th.
The team building/card collecting game modes have now been around for a couple of years -- and they seem to be big time money makers for sports game publishers. However, it remains to be seen if they have attracted the attention of the hardcore sports gamers.
Have you played these modes and, more importantly, have you enjoyed playing them?
Sound off by voting in our poll on the right side of the frontpage!
By bringing in Bonds, San Francisco hasn't crossed any lines that other clubs don't already do by inviting former franchise staples to instruct on various aspects during the Spring. But while Bonds may not be the physical behemoth he once was, his smaller frame can't hide the elephant in the room -- his continued dodging of the PED use issue and it's distraction on a team trying to focus on 2014.
When St. Louis welcomed in Mark McGwire as their hitting coach, 'Big Mac' decided it was time to come clean about his past. While Bonds isn't assuming that level of coaching responsibility, he also isn't showing signs of being accountable for his alleged PED use -- once again becoming a side show that the Giants pretend doesn't exist while trying to appease all sides.
Sound Off: How would you feel about Barry Bonds coaching for your favorite team?
- Tiger Woods has turned to using spectators' heads as barriers to contain his wild drives. [Animated Gif]
- Dallas Stars forward Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench during last night's game against the Blue Jackets.
- Get it while it's hot! Minor League baseball team Lehigh Valley is selling 'bacon gear'.
- Time for the East to coast: The Miami Heat are officially in the playoffs.
- A new MMA submission move? The Fart Cloud. [YouTube]
Gaming Trend has posted their EA Sports UFC hands-on preview, as they took Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson into the octagon and talk about presentation, controls, atmosphere, ground game and much more.
Read plenty more here.
In a recent interview with IGN, Sony Worldwide Studios America software product development head, Scott Rohde stated the following:
It's never a good sign to see a game is go back to the drawing board. If we hear anything else, we'll let you know.
Milestone has released some more MXGP The Official Motocross Game screenshots. Check out the press release below.
Milestone, one of the most recognized racing videogame developers and publishers for consoles and Windows® PC, releases the fourth batch of MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame. This new exciting videogame is based on the official FIM Motocross World Championship and it will be available from 28th March 2014 on PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC®.
MXGP The Official Videogame presents a preview of the track from The MONSTER ENERGY FIM MXoN - LATVIA – KEGUMS (www.mxon2014.lv & www.bkf.lv). The track is 1540 meters long and is characterized by its hard sand surface.
MXGP features all the riders, teams, bikes and rules from the official MXGP 2013 calendar including a redesigned career mode for living the feelings of Motocross.
Developed by Milestone Studio, MXGP, The Official Motocross Videogame will be available from 28th March 2014 for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Xbox 360® and Windows PC®.
Free agency begins, will the Broncos be able to get over the hump?
Free Agency is the drug that keeps us football fanatics sane during the offseason, and it begins today! This year, the signing period becomes even more important to us because the NFL Draft has been pushed back to May, forcing the suspense rise on who your favorite team will be taking in the first round. So with this upcoming free agency let's go all in and enjoy it while it lasts. I've chosen ten free agents and placed them on the Madden team with the best fit. This isn't necesarily where they'll end up once it's all said and done, but that's why the suspense is worth it: we get to banter back and forth about topics like this.
Read More - Madden NFL: The Best 2014 Free Agents
Which of the following titles has you most excited this Spring? Is it The Golf Club? MLB 14 The Show? EA Sports UFC? Or is it FIFA World Cup 14?
Sound off by voting in the poll! If you are seeing this on the frontpage, the poll is to the right on the sidebar!
The Golf Club will feature wildlife throughout the course.
Check out the screenshots.
Gran Turismo 6 update 1.05 is available now, introducing multi-monitor compatibility and much more. Check out the details below.
Additional Features in the Open Lobby
- [Time Trial], [Drift Trial], and [Free Run] have been added to the [Race Type] option within [Room Settings] of the Event Settings screen.
- It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].
- It is now possible to select Karts in one make races held on weather enabled tracks.
- It is now possible to check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialog before entering a room.
- In the [Race Alone] mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yours (when only spectating, cars other than the one in focus) will appear as lines.
- [Multi-Monitor Settings] has been added to the [Start Button]>[Options]>[Display] options.
- A [Car Search] feature has been added to the [CARS] section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.
- The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear have changed accordingly.
- [Traction Control] is now available to adjust in the [Driving Options]. [Skid Recovery Force] is also now available.
- [Brake Balance] is now available to adjust in [Machine Settings]. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.
- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.
- The increments of the [Front/Rear Torque Split] in [Car Settings] has been changed from 5 to 1.
Check out the latest Project CARS trailer, created by ExpressionOfNothing. The game is still in pre-alpha, but looks great. What do you think?