A collection of ideas which will improve the NBA 2K series.
Some hidden details on this year's game in the candidates? And who is the favorite?
Which teams are now going to see more usage in Madden?
How to rebuild a franchise, with Minnesota as the example.
To commemorate the 10 year anniversary of MVP Baseball, MVPMods have posted a new mod for the PC version of MVP Baseball 2005, they call it MVP Baseball 2015.
It contains nearly 200 new or updated cyberfaces, uniform updates, the 2015 schedule, a full Opening Day roster including minor leagues, new in-game and menu music, new menus and loading screens, and new player audio.
To read more about the history of MVP Baseball, the guys behind the mod and much more, make sure you read this article from Ben Lindbergh, over at Grantland.
Obviously you need the PC version of MVP Baseball 2005 (if you don't have it, it's not cheap) and download the patch.
Below are the installation instructions.
- After you have downloaded the "MVP15.7z" file, double-click to open it.
- Extract the contents of the MVP15.7z file into a folder.
- Double-click the "explodeme.exe' file
- Select the folder that contains a CLEAN copy of MVP Baseball 2005 and click "Extract". Note that a CLEAN copy is a fresh install or a patched, non-modded install of the game.
- Allow the program to extract all of the new content. If the installer asks for your permission to overwrite files, select "Yes to All"
- When installation is complete, start the game and play the new MVP 15 mod!
- It is recommended that you install MVP15 over a clean install of MVP Baseball 2005 with at least up to Patch #2.
- To be able to access all of the uniforms, it will be necessary for you to install a Profile that unlocks all classic uniforms and stadiums.
- When playing in minor league stadiums listed as "Classic Stadiums," it is recommended to turn off the "Cooperstown Effect."
Mobile games are sort of hard to get a handle on sometimes, as they usually offer an experience thatís filled with caveats and qualifiers. EA Sports UFC for mobile is just such a game, as it features some decent presentation and surprisingly tactical combat, but a lot of it is mixed in with in-app purchases, grind-heavy ladders, boosts and slow drip-feeds of in-game currency. If youíre able to push away the business aspect of this game from your mind, itís kind of a decent time-waster for a few hours.
Read More - EA Sports UFC Mobile Review (iOS/Android)
Game Informer has just posted their first look at Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5, finally returning to the classic gameplay that so many gamers miss. Along with the article, they have also posted a bunch of screenshots.
The game features solo play, online co-op, competitive play and the ability to create parks and share them. Users will have the ability to power-up and shoot projectiles in specific missions. Hmmm...
Tony Hawk is obviously on the roster, along with Nyjah Huston, Aaron Homoki, Ishod Wair, Riley Hawk, Lizzie Armanto, Chris Cole, David Gonzalez, Leticia Bufoni, and Andrew Reynolds.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 doesn't have an official release date yet, but it is scheduled to be released later this year for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 releasing shortly afterwards.
Digital subscribers of Game Informer can read a 6-page feature with hands-on impressions and more details later today.
NBA 2K15 was a good game. Very solid and still playable. In its first year operating with a full-year of a next-gen system, 2K delivered above expectations and provided glimmers of hope for whatís to come down the road.
That being said, itís never too early to start looking at NBA 2K16.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Some Ideas On How to Improve the Series
The Forza Horizon 2 Alpinestars car pack is available today for $5. Check out the trailer here.
Here is the list of cars available in the pack.
- 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
- 1953 Chevrolet Corvette
- 1991 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
- 2015 Audi TTS Coupť
- 1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
- 1992 Bugatti EB110 Super Sport
The MLB 15 The Show team ran some server maintenance on Sunday May 4th at 3 AM PT. The servers were unavailable until 5 AM PT. Below are the change notes, for those of you that might have missed it.
- Fixed an issue where users could scout players that are not known to their team.
- There is now a Free Agent tab in the Marketplace of The Show. Marketplace updating will now update player listings and data that have moved from the mlb pool to free agent pool in each Live Roster update.
- Collection screen has free agent tab in Diamond Dynasty.
- Extra Innings is now MORE random, widening the pools of eligible users/DD teams.
GameSpot has posted a new Project CARS PC gameplay video on ultra settings. The PC version of Project CARS arrives tomorrow, while Xbox One and PlayStation 4 racers need to wait until May 12th.
It appears as if the passing game, specifically the receivers and DBs, are due for an overhaul in Madden NFL 16. The four candidates for the cover athlete this year include Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson, Steelers WR Antonio Brown, Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski, and Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr.
While all four players are impressive on the field, the cover voting figures to be a pretty obvious affair -- as Odell Beckham Jr. likely will win the vote in a pretty easy decision.
Here's how I'd assign the field:
The Longshot - Patrick Peterson, CB, Arizona
The Darkhorse - Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh
The Contender - Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England
The Odds-On Favorite - Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
More interestingly, the fact all of the players are involved in the passing game aspect of football probably telegraphs quite a bit of what is coming. We've been hearing (and have even reported) that the passing game was going to be a major focus in Madden NFL 16, and this does nothing but seemingly confirm that direction.
Is this the year we'll finally see the passing game take the next step? We shall soon see!
The NFL draft is over, and in its wake are teams which now have different looks heading into the 2015 season. Let's take a look at the teams which saw their stocks go way up in the draft in terms of how they'll play in Madden NFL 16. And while draft picks of offensive linemen and defensive tackles are huge in real life -- in Madden they're still less of a factor. Specifically QBs, WRs, RBs, and defensive playmakers like DEs are weighted heavier, and thus that's what I'm looking at when making the picks below.
- Tennessee Titans - The Titans' passing game now has a completely new look, with Marcus Mariota throwing the ball to his brand new target Dorial Green-Beckham. DGB, if you recall, was projected as a high first rounder before his off-field issues -- and he likely was a steal in the second round. The Titans were big winners in this year's draft for Madden players.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston may or may not be an eventual bust or burgeoning star depending on who you ask, its way too early to tell really, but his ratings in Madden are certainly going to reshape the perception of how players approach the Bucs. Expect usage of the Bucs online to be much higher because of Winston's expected final attributes heading into the 2015 season.
- Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper is a star in the making at wideout. If his attributes are reasonable, he'll be a fun target to throw to for the Raiders. Also Clive Walford could see some time as a pass catching TE, which could impact how some call games with Oakland.
- New York Jets - The Jets certainly didn't have a flashy draft, but they picked up Leonard Williams, who may have been the best player in the draft overall. The pass rushing threat of Williams, along with the addition of Devin Smith at wideout are going to give Jets fans some new tools to play with this year. Also, while Bryce Petty is a project, he was a great passer in college and may sport some solid throwing arm numbers as a backup.
- St. Louis Rams - Assuming Gurley is healthy and his physical stats get the respect they should -- he will be a heck of a running game option for the Rams right off the bat. Gurley is compared to Marshawn Lynch by many and it really fits. For Madden players, he's a big time weapon in the making.
Here are the key steps on how to get the Twin City team back into contention as quickly as possible, with many of these tips being able to be used with other franchises in a general sense as well.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: How to Rebuild the Twins
Slightly Mad Studios have just released their Project CARS launch trailer. The game is scheduled to release for PC users on May 6th and for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users on May 12th.
Here's a list of some of the features in the game:
- The largest track roster of any recent racing game with 110+ unique locations
- A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch
- Dynamic weather, pit stops, and pit strategy creation
- Dynamic time of day and endurance races including the Le Mans 24H
- World-class graphics running at 60 fps with up to 45 drivers onscreen
- Next-gen physics running at 600 fps and deep telemetry & tuning features
- Competitive multiplayer for up to 16 players and the ability to create public, private and friend-based lobbies with ĎJoin In Progressí
- Asynchronous Time Trial with downloadable ghosts
- Regularly-scheduled community events
- Social connectivity with photo and replay modes powered by The Driver Network
- Support for 30+ wheels, community apps, and virtual reality via Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus
- Continual updates and further content after launch
A new MLB 15 The Show Challenge of the Week is available now.
This week, Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve goes up against Texas Rangers, Neftali Feliz. The prize this week is an autographed Brandon Phillips MLB baseball. The challenge ends on May 11th at 4:30 AM PT.
Make sure you share your scores, if you give it a shot.
The official weekly MLB 15 The Show roster update is available now. The update adds 14 players and includes 159 player movements. Check out all of the details below.
The Madden NFL 16 cover vote has already started on mobile devices, courtesy of Madden NFL Mobile (download here for Android devices, here for iOS devices). Users can vote from 4 cover athlete candidates.
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown are the players to choose from.
First-round voting closes on Monday, May 11th, at 3 a.m. ET with the two finalists being announced on Tuesday, May 12th. On Wednesday, May 13th, users will be able to vote on the cover athlete all day, through the ESPN website, with the winner of the Madden NFL 16 cover to be announced that same evening at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.
Thanks to NAMEisCHASE for the heads up!
Who would you like to see on the cover of Madden NFL 16?
UPDATE: Voting is now available in Madden Ultimate Team on Madden NFL 15 as well!
Here's how to vote.
HOW TO VOTE WITH MADDEN NFL MOBILE
Players will receive a Vote Collectible the first time they log in to Madden NFL Mobile each day.
Cover Vote Collectibles complete one of four repeatable Cover Vote Sets, so that players can vote over and over again for the Madden NFL 16 cover athlete.
These Collectibles cannot be auctioned.
Players can also cast votes by completing four daily Live Events (one Live Event every six hours). For every successful Live Event completion, players will be awarded one Vote Collectible to be added to the finalist set in which the player wants to vote for and a chance of winning one Cover Athlete Finalist Collectible. Add this collectible to a set to unlock an 88 OVR version of the Cover Athlete Finalist.
The winning Cover Athlete will be boosted to a 99 OVR at the time of the cover reveal. Ten Cover Athlete Finalist Collectibles are required for each set, and the can be auctioned.
Live Events are unlimited play, meaning unlimited voting, as long as players have stamina.
HOW TO VOTE WITH MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
Console players will receive one Cover Vote Collectible the first time they log in to Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) during the week. This and other Cover Vote Collectibles can be used to complete Cover Vote Sets. There is one Set for each of the four semifinalists.
Some information from the press release.
After showing us some winning tips from the 4-out 1-in set and 5 tips to break down the 2-3 zone defense, Scott O'Gallagher is back with some more NBA 2K15 winning tips for Sim Nation.
In the latest NBA 2KTV video, Scott takes a look at the Atlanta Hawks and the Hawk 4, Dive Quick 2 and shows you how to get that wide open 3 from Kyle Korver. You can watch the full video, or get right to the winning tips section at roughly the 5:16 point.