Maximizing your created player's effectiveness.
A look at what you should be aiming to do in Franchise Mode.
A look at what this year's mode has done right, and what it hasn't.
An incremental step forward still means a great experience for all baseball fans.
After showing us some winning tips from the 4-out 1-in set and 5 tips to break down the 2-3 zone defense, Scott O'Gallagher is back with some more NBA 2K15 winning tips for Sim Nation.
In the latest NBA 2KTV video, Scott takes a look at the Atlanta Hawks and the Hawk 4, Dive Quick 2 and shows you how to get that wide open 3 from Kyle Korver. You can watch the full video, or get right to the winning tips section at roughly the 5:16 point.
- MLB 15 The Show Challenge of the Week - Matt Harvey vs. Alex Rodriguez
- DiRT Rally Available Now Through Steam Early Access Program
- Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Details (4-27-15)
- WWE 2K15 Available Now on PC, DLC Scheduled to Release Later This Spring
- The Golf Club Collector's Edition Arrives on PC, Consoles
- Unhealthy MLB 15 The Show Online Franchises to be Removed From the System
- R.B.I. Baseball 15 Update 1.02 Released For iOS, Still No Release Date For Android
- Madden NFL 15 Update 1.05 Brings Player Likeness Update For Jameis Winston to MUT
- The Houston Astros' Hot Start Can Be Partially Attributed To MLB 15 The Show
- No Fans at the Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Game in MLB 15 The Show Live
- Final Car List Revealed For Project CARS
- Second Update Arrives for MLB Manager 2015
- Get Ready for the NFL Draft in Madden Ultimate Team
- NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (4-30-15)
- PES 2016 to Feature More Licenses Than Ever Before, First Details Coming in June
- The Golf Club May Update is Available Now (PC)
- First Round Draft Picks Now Playable in Madden Ultimate Team & Madden NFL Mobile
- Pro Cycling Manager 2015 Coming in June For Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC
Featured Articles and Media
- DriveClub Video - Jaguar XKR-S Coupe
- MLB 15 The Show: How to Use Your Created Player in Diamond Dynasty
- DriveClub Video - Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Do You Play Sports Games On the PC? (Poll)
- MotoGP 15 Trailer - Catalunya, Motegi and Aragon
- MLB Manager 2015 Review (iOS)
- DriveClub Video - Ferrari F40
- MLB 15 The Show: Josh Hamilton Returns to Texas (Video)
- What Position Are You Playing Road to the Show as? (Poll)
- Directional Hitting in MLB 15 The Show, How it Works (Video)
- MLB 15 The Show's Diamond Dynasty Disrupts the Market
- Project CARS Gameplay Video - Heavy Rain Footage at Spa Francorchamps
- Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype
Pro Cycling Manager 2015, the official video game of the Tour de France 2015, is scheduled to release in June for Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the new screenshots here.
Read more about the game at the official website.
This week’s episode features Cicero Holmes and Ryan Lewis joining host Rich Grisham to talk about a host of subjects. The three chat about how they approach their favorite sports games, whether or not the “real world” influences their attitude with the virtual equivalent, what their go-to franchise is, what they would like to get into if only there were more time, and much more. In addition, Ryan takes Cicero and Rich down the bizarre Joe Montana Football rabbit hole, offering up several theories on what that operation may actually be doing. It’s a fun episode that spans sports games in the present, the past, and the future.
Joining us this week:
- Cicero Holmes, Spawn on Me (@stubbystan)
- Ryan Lewis (@RyanTheLou)
- And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)
- Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there!
- Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom at https://audioboom.com/channel/press-row-podcast, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
Run Time: 1 Hour, 32 Minutes
As announced yesterday, all 32 first round draft picks are available now in Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team and Madden NFL Mobile. Elite editions are available by completing a set by collecting specific players and NFL draft badges. You can receive Jameis Winston for free, simply by logging into Madden Ultimate Team for a limited time.
For those of you that missed it, you can see screenshots of all the players drafted in the first round with their respective teams here. Only Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota were head-scanned.
Read the full press release below.
NFL fans eager to get the new season started can now take the field with their favorite team’s first-round draft pick in Madden NFL 15 and Madden NFL Mobile. Console gamers can add new players to their Ultimate Team™ in Madden NFL 15, and fans can put the rookies through their paces in special Live Events in Madden NFL Mobile.
All first-round rookies have been given a special ratings boost to demonstrate their full playmaking potential, and they’re ready to slot into a starting role. Fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Jameis Winston and the Tennessee Titans’ Marcus Mariota are in for an extra treat, as both players appear in Madden NFL 15 with their real-life head scans, creating the most realistic rendition possible for your Ultimate Team. Madden NFL Mobile gamers will have the opportunity to temporarily add select first round picks to their team for special Live Events, giving players their first taste of the NFL’s latest batch of talent.
Madden NFL 15 allows players to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare with a new breed of defense, built to challenge the best offenses in the NFL. A new arsenal of pass rush moves, an intuitive tackling system, improved coverage logic, and immersive new camera angles make defense more exciting and fun than ever. Fans can call plays with confidence thanks to an all-new crowd-sourced recommendation engine built from millions of online games played by the Madden NFL community. Add in all-new NFL Films inspired presentation and it’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.
Madden NFL 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and is available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system. To learn more about Madden NFL 15, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.
Madden NFL Mobile allows fans to build a dominant team composed of the league’s best talent from past and present. Players can take their squad into head-to-head matchups against friends, play their favorite team’s full NFL season, start a new League, or jump into the always fresh Live Events. Madden NFL Mobile is available on the App Store and Google Play.
All player participation has been facilitated by NFL Players Inc., the licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association (NFLPA).
DigiProst has posted another Project CARS gameplay video. This one features the Spa Francorchamps circuit in heavy rain conditions.
If somebody is talking about sports games and what trends have changed them in the last five years, it would be easy to argue that virtual team building has been the trendsetter. Whether it's Ultimate Team (EA titles), or Diamond Dynasty (MLB The Show), or MyTeam (NBA 2K), or MyClub (PES) every major sports title has taken a stab at this mode.
And it's easy to see from both a business and consumer level why this has become a trend. There's plenty of money to be had here, and the modes are extremely popular.
At the end of the day, a ton of people like to build their own team, and just as many people like collecting things, or buying/selling things, or just opening packs of virtual cards to see what surprises are within.
In a lot of ways, many of these modes are not unlike Hearthstone or any other collectable card game (CCG for short). You usually want the best cards possible, and the idea of opening that next pack always has an allure.
But the interesting thing about Diamond Dynasty is that it decides to eschew as much of the noise as possible. And that's what I want to talk about after the jump.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show's Diamond Dynasty Disrupts the Market
HB Studios just announced that the May update is now available on Steam. Below is a list of the new and improved features. The same build has been submitted for consoles, hopefully it won't be too long until it is released.
Free New/Improved features
- Season Mode
- Tropical Theme
- Steam Shop now attached to Season Mode and Tropical Themes
- Cart Paths added
- Out of Bounds now in the game
- Drop Balls
- Unplayable Lies
- Weather Effects via course creator
- Ability to view other users profiles
- Better Camera controls on Mouse and Keyboard in course creator
- Added a drive difficulty setting based off of drive loft
- Loads more commentary – we want to keep it varied
- Season Mode
- Tours and Tournaments
- More Variety
- Crash on tour search screen
- Balls getting stuck in objects like bridges, balcony’s, dumpsters
- Overlapping text on Theme Select
- Improved end of tour flow
- X button favoring a un favoring courses
- Flickering on settings screen fixed
- Numerous Tour Creation Bugs
- Ball appearing x50 bigger at the end of a round
- Bad lie cheat fixed
- Users Average Rounds and Average Ratings for current competitions not updating
- Numerous flow fixes
- Loads more
The first details for PES 2016 is scheduled to release in June, according to PESEditBlog.
They also mention the PES team is focused on acquiring more licensed teams and leagues than ever before. In fact, some of them have never been seen before in the series.
Another NBA Live 15 roster update has arrived this morning. It includes more than 1,300 ratings changes and seven player accessory updates..
Below is a list of some of the changes you will see in the roster update. Download the Excel spreadsheet with all of the changes here.
- No player went up in overall rating.
- Mike Dunleavy Jr. -1
- DeMarre Carroll -1
- Rajon Rondo -1
- Ersan Ilyasova -1
- Jared Sullinger -1
- Leandro Barbosa -1
- Kelly Olynyk -1
- Klay Thompson -1
- Alexis Ajinca -1
- Matt Bonner -1
- Richard Jefferson -1
- Jon Leuer -1
The 2015 NFL Draft is tonight, and the excitement of Draft Day will be available in Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) as well.
Thursday, April 30, not only marks the beginning of 32 promising NFL careers, but it also marks the first time that players can take the field with first round draft picks in Madden NFL 15.
MUT players can unlock a valuable Elite edition Player by completing a Set with a few Collectibles and Player Item from Packs. This is the only way to play with the new NFL draftees in Madden NFL 15!
Here is a schedule of events as they've been unfolding:
- Special NFL Draft Badge Collectible Items were available in Packs beginning Wednesday, April 22.
- New team Draft Collectibles were also be added to Packs on the night of Wednesday, April 22. Players can collect all 32 teams, or trade for their favorites. Team Draft Collectibles cannot be auctioned, but they can be traded.
- These Collectibles are needed to complete the NFL Draft Sets coming on Thursday, April 30. The Team Draft Collectible has to match the NFL Team that drafted the Player in order to complete the Set.
- Non-tradeable NFL Draft Badge Collectibles are also be available in Solo Challenges, which can be used to complete player-specific Sets on the night of the NFL Draft.
- On Draft Night (tonight), the MUT Team will be adding special edition Player Items for each first-round draft choice into Packs for you to collect.
There will be plenty of action tonight, with each first-round pick ushering in different items in MUT. A new Set will be available as each first-round pick is made, and players can add Items to receive a valuable Elite edition of the player.
The new sets tonight will consist of the following:
- Team Draft Collectible for the NFL Team that selected the player
- Base edition Player Item for that player
- Several NFL Draft Badge Collectibles
Will you be watching this year's draft and collecting items in MUT? Let us know what you hope to get tonight!
MLB Manager 2015 received its second update in the App Store yesterday (it was already available on Android), with complete Opening Day Rosters now in the game. Also added are hints, which were put back into the game -- as well as several small bug fixes.
You can check out our review of MLB Manager 2015 here.
This video is provided by OS Guest Poster Jake Berger. You can find (and subscribe) to Jake on YouTube, as well as follow him on Twitter.
Welcome to the second episode of Jake's MLB 101 series. The first guide dealt with Zone hitting.
Today we're keeping the topic on hitting, but we are going to look at the new directional hitting mechanic. We'll break down how its programmed, and explore ways we can use that knowledge to improve our hitting.
Check out the full video above and be sure to subscribe and follow Jake at the links above as well!
Slightly Mad Studios has finally released their full car list for Project CARS featuring a wide variety of vehicles from the world of Open Wheel, GT, Le Mans Prototypes, Supercars, Track Day cars, Karts, Road cars, Historic Touring, and US Trans-Am and Stock.
There are six question marks in the list, which will most likely be part of the free monthly car updates revealed at a later date.
PROJECT CARS STANDARD EDITION
- Alpine A450
- Ariel Atom 300 Supercharged
- Ariel Atom 500 V8
- Aston Martin Rapide S Hydrogen Hybrid
- Aston Martin Vantage GT3
- Aston Martin Vantage GT4
- Audi R18 TDI LMP1
- Audi R8 LMS Ultra
- Audi R8 V10 Plus
- BAC Mono
- BMW 1 M CoupÈ (E82)
- BMW 320 Turbo Gr.5 (E21)
- BMW M3 Gr.A (E30)
- BMW M3 GT (E92)
- BMW M3 GT4 (E92)
- BMW Z4 GT3
- Caper Monterey Stockcar
- Caterham Seven Classic
- Caterham Superlight R500
- Caterham SP/300R
- Ford Capri Zakspeed Gr.5
- Ford Escort RS1600
- Ford Focus RS
- Ford Mustang Boss 302R1
- Ford Mustang Cobra SCCA TransAm
- Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth Gr.A
- Formula Gulf 1000
- Ginetta G40 Junior
- Ginetta G55 GT3
- Ginetta G55 GT4
- Gumpert Apollo S
- Lotus 49 Cosworth
- Lotus 72D Cosworth
- Lotus 78 Cosworth
- Lotus 98T Renault
- Marek RP219D LMP2
- Marek RP339h (PM 06a) LMP1
- McLaren 12C
- McLaren 12C GT3
- McLaren P1
- Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evo2 DTM
- Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.8 AMG
- Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X FQ400
- Oreca 03 Nissan
- Pagani Huayra
- Pagani Zonda R
- Palmer Jaguar JP-LM
- Radical SR3 RS
- Radical SR8 RX
- Renault Clio Cup
- Renault MÈgane R.S. 265
- Ruf CTR3
- Ruf RGT-8
- Ruf RGT-8 GT3
- RWD P20 LMP2
- RWD P30 LMP1
- SMS Formula A
- SMS Formula B
- SMS Formula C
- SMS Formula Rookie
- SMS Kart 125cc (Kart01)
- SMS Superkart 250cc (Kart02)
- Sauber C9 Mercedes
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe DTM
- McLaren F1
- Ford Mk. IV
- BMW M1 Procar (E26/1)
- Ariel Atom Mugen
- Ruf CTR3 SMS-R
- Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
- W Motors Lykan HyperSport – Free Car #1
Road to the Show is still the original career mode in sports games which really made huge strides in how we play and perceive these types of modes. While the mode didn't get huge wholesale changes this year, it's still a solid experience.
What are you playing as this year? Are you a pitcher? Infielder? Outfielder? Catcher? Sound off in our poll and leave a comment about your progress!