How does the spiritual successor to the popular 90s game stack up thus far?
How do the game's ratings stack up?
Some ideas to make Madden more of a sim for the next year...
What is the formula the Patriots and Falcons used?
Operation Sports Content
Sunday, February 26, 2017
10:36 PM - February 26, 2017. Posted by smiley3. Written by Steve Noah
The official website has posted some MLB The Show 17 Franchise mode and Pave Your Path RTTS details. A lot of it is stuff we already know, but we should start hearing much more about the modes soon, more specifically on March 7, 9 and 14.
With that said, another livestream on Twitch is scheduled for Thursday, going over presentation and commentary improvements.
PAVE YOUR PATH IN ROAD TO THE SHOW
- For the first time, Road to The Show takes you beyond the walls of the stadium with Pave Your Path.
- Take your character on an epic odyssey through the world of a professional MLB player. Control your career and write your own Hall of Fame story both on and off the field.
- Interact with coaches, managers, representatives and more as you make off-the-field decisions that can affect your career in unpredictable ways.
- CHOOSE WISELY. Anything is possible on the Road to The Show, but nothing is promised.
- Make your moves and plan your perfect strategy as you take control of an entire MLB franchise. Choose what tactics to employ and where. Take over Coaching, Player Development, and GM duties. Or easily have your staff auto manage them with the flick of a toggle.
- CRITICAL SITUATIONS prompts you to take the plate in late-inning, critical situations so you have a direct effect on the standings even without playing full games. You’ll also get prompted to complete statistically significant games like hitting for the cycle or no-hitters.
- QUICK MANAGE puts you in complete control of all managerial decisions during a game, while finishing full games in a short amount of time. Jump back and forth between gameplay and Quick Manage and only play in what you decide are the most important at-bats.
- IF YOU’D PREFER TO SHUN RESPONSIBILITY AND JUST HIT SOME HOMERS, the updated Player Lock makes it easier than ever to pick a player on your team and play short Road to The Show style games in Franchise Mode.
11:39 AM - February 26, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- MLB The Show 17 Video - The Little Things: Expanded Sounds of the Show & More
- WWE 2K17 Hall of Fame Showcase Available Now
- Going Pro: The Intriguing Unknown of the Take Two NBA E-League
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Retro Mode Gameplay
- The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 "The Little Things", Disc Jam, Madden Bug & More
- Press Row Podcast - The Return of Mutant Football
- Rocket League Patch 1.29 Available Now, Adds PS4 Pro 4K Support & More
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Gameplay Changes, No PlayStation VR Support This Year
- At This Point, Are You Planning on Buying MLB The Show 17?
- Forza Motorsport 6 Content Update Arrives Today, Improvements For eSports & Forza RC
- The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Changes, Forza 6 & Rocket League Patches
- Rating the Ratings in WWE 2K17
- Project CARS 2 Interview Reveals Many More Details About the Game
- MLB The Show 17 Video - The Little Things: Part 2
- FIFA 17 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
- NBA 2K17 Park After Dark Returns This Saturday with DJ Premier
- Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions
- The OS Daily - More MLB The Show 17 Little Things, FIFA 17 Patch, Project CARS 2
- Out of the Park Baseball 18 Announces the Perfect Team Digital Cover Contest
- Disc Jam Beta Impressions
- Draymond Green's Shut Up And Slam Jam Karate Basketball Available Now
- Building a Championship Team in NBA 2K17
- Old Time Hockey Releases on March 28 For PC & PS4, Later For Xbox One & Switch
- MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Every Uniform in the Game Revealed & Much More
- Madden NFL 17 Available Now in The Vault, Free For EA Access Subscribers
- The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 "The Little Things" Livestream Breakdown
- Steep Patch Adds Plenty of Fixes and the New Alaska Mountain For Free
- MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Jumbotron Improvements
- NBA 2K17 Trade Deadline Roster Update, Including All Draft Pick Trades, Available Now
- How I Turned the Bulls Into NBA Champions (NBA 2K17)
- The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 Livestream Roundup, Disc Jam Beta Extended & Much More
Friday, February 24, 2017
09:35 PM - February 24, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The OS Daily is online and ready for viewing. Make sure to take a few minutes out of your day and get caught up on the latest sports gaming news with our host Millennium.
Today he gives you a MLB The Show 17 livestream roundup, Madden NFL 17 is in The Vault, talks about the OOTP 18 cover vote, Disc Jam beta extension, NBA 2K17 trade deadline roster update, Old Time Hockey release date news and much more. Check it out here and if it's something you like, please like and subscribe to our YouTube channel, and we will try our best to keep it as consistent as we can.
01:19 PM - February 24, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Joel Smith
Growing up as an '80s baby, I was introduced to sports VERY early on. The last sport I was introduced to was basketball. I'll never forget "Mickey Dordan" as I used to call His Airness; I was three. As I grew older and followed the elegance that was basketball, I always stuck to the Chicago Bulls. They were the first team I got to see play on TV. Michael Jordan was the first player I got to know.
I scrutinize and criticize everything the team does. Sometimes I like to think that I could probably run the team better than Gar Forman, so why not try to rebuild the Bulls to the greatness they once were? That's when I blew the dust off of my PS4 and booted up good old NBA 2K17. And that's where this fantastic voyage begins.
Read More - How I Turned the Bulls Into NBA Champions (NBA 2K17)
09:04 AM - February 24, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K has just released their NBA 2K17 trade deadline roster update, complete with all of the recent trades and player movement in the league. Below are just some of the transactions.
All of the draft picks that were traded, are in this roster update as well.
- DeMarcus Cousins to the New Orleans Pelicans
- P.J. Tucker to the Toronto Raptors
- Mike Scott to the Phoenix Suns
- Roy Hibbert to the Denver Nuggets
- Taj Gibson to the Oklahoma City Thunder
- Doug McDermott to the Oklahoma City Thunder
- K.J. McDaniels to the Brooklyn Nets
- Nerlens Noel to the Dallas Mavericks
- Bojan Bogdanovic to the Washington Wizards
- Lou Williams to the Houston Rockets
- Serge Ibaka to the Toronto Raptors
- Terrence Ross to the Orlando Magic
- Cameron Payne to the Chicago Bulls
Thursday, February 23, 2017
11:48 PM - February 23, 2017. Posted by HustlinOwl. Written by Steve NoahCheck out the latest MLB The Show 17 screenshots featuring the improvements to the jumbotrons in the game this year, compared to last year. Click the images below for a better view.
Guaranteed Rate Field
10:49 PM - February 23, 2017. Posted by CujoMatty. Written by Steve Noah
A couple of patches have recently been released for Steep, one of them includes the free Alaska mountain playground. Check out the trailer here and patch notes below.
- ALASKA: a brand-new mountain playground! – In addition to the Alps, you can now ride on the steeper mountains of Alaska! This new world includes 21 additional challenges, 2 Invitational Challenges, and a Mountain Story. Oh, and the cool thing? The Alaska massif is as big as the Alps and it’s an entirely FREE update for Steep players!
- Level Cap Increase – This one should please achievers and competitive players. With Alaska and new challenges coming your way, we’ve raised the level cap from 25 to 30.
- New Customization Items – In order to give you a more authentic feeling of riding in Alaska, we’ve added a bunch of new “American-inspired” items to the Store! More will be coming soon over the next few weeks.
- Branded Challenges – These additional challenges are now displayed on the Live Page! Check out now The North Face Challenge we’ve just added, and keep your eyes open for new Branded Challenges coming every 2 weeks.
- Community Challenge Rewards – Now, every time you beat a Community Challenge you’ll be rewarded with XP.
- Community Challenge Ghosts – Each Community Challenge now features the ghost of the player currently at the top of that challenge’s leaderboard.
- [PC] Additional trail added in Alaska for the Benchmark. Now players can activate benchmark with different trails and test their PC for each massif. Trails are selected automatically based on the active massif.
- Player Display Fade-out – There’s no longer a “pop in/out” effect when the player display appears/disappears.
- Player Display Border was added for better visibility.
- Improved Camera Behavior in tight areas (for example, rivers and canyons) and steep inclines.
- Completion UI Now on Progression Page
- [PC] Updated preview images for the shadow quality option.
- A few players get stuck in the onboarding after the Rooftops challenge.
- Some players’ progress gets blocked during the onboarding phase.
- In certain instances, there is an additional replica of the character in coop replay.
- The "Steep World Tour" logo is sometimes missing from the pop-up while in fixed view.
- Not able to watch medal replays in public challenges.
- Players’ final rankings are not displayed on the Live Page after the SWT Finals phase has ended.
- "My Shared Dare" is included in the Welcome Dashboard featured activities.
- Players receive no notification when they earn Steep Credits.
- Players receive no notification when they win Steep Credits during the Tournament phase of the Steep World Tour.
- When player is looking up at the sky in Free cam mode and then switch to Look-at mode. Camera stays focused on the sky.
- The Follow Camera seems to run behind when using Slow Motion.
- The camera is in the wrong position after spawning for the first time on an Invitational Challenge.
- Characters in coop replay will disappear if the player rewinds the replay video from the middle back to start and switches the camera to another character.
- The audio of Gold countdown still plays even if the challenge is completed.
- When ending a coop replay, the camera stops following the group member it was focused on.
- Subtitles continue to display even after player has skipped the end of the onboarding cinematic.
- Wrong camera behavior when the player opens the menu during the onboarding.
- HUD element “Unmark Drop Zone” continues to display if the player closes his binoculars while still being locked on to a Drop Zone.
- Creating a challenge on the last point of a trail breaks the trail interaction flow.
- The Santa Claus costume doesn't trigger its special taunt sound, “Ho, ho, ho!”
- In the last two phases of the Tournament, the notification showing the number of tries left contains a curly bracket in Portuguese.
- Saved trails are lost when rebooting the game.
- [PC] Group disbands when one of the party members starts downloading a challenge and leaves the group.
- [PC] Wrong position of UI elements when a player starts another player's dare.
- [PC] Wrong position of the Today's Suggestions on the Welcome Dashboard.
- [PC] Several localization issues.
- [PC] Character's shadow flickers on Low and Medium quality.
- [PC] Flickering of shadows from the rocks.
- [PC] Wrong position of the ghost markers when riding in GOPRO mode.
- [PC] Wrong resolution autodetects when default monitor changes from 21:9 to 16:9 using multimonitor configuration.
- [PC] "GPU usage" does not display in the Benchmark report when AMD crossfire is turned off.
08:20 PM - February 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The OS Daily is online and ready for viewing. Make sure to take a few minutes out of your day and get caught up on the latest sports gaming news with our host Millennium. This one is a one hour special, breaking down the Little Things Twitch stream for MLB The Show 17.
Check it out here and if it's something you like, please like and subscribe to our YouTube channel, and we will try our best to keep it as consistent as we can.
07:34 PM - February 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Madden NFL 17 is available now in The Vault, for EA Access subscribers. If you are not seeing it in the app, try downloading it from here.
For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
05:05 PM - February 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The MLB The Show 17 Twitch stream has just started, as they go over the Little Things in the game and much more. We will update this post with the archive link when it's over. Feel free to post your thoughts!
UPDATE: Here is the link to the archive, which shows off plenty of gameplay and scenarios in the game. They also show every uniform in the game.
03:28 PM - February 23, 2017. Posted by GlennN. Written by Steve Noah
Old Time Hockey has just announced they will release their game on March 28 for PlayStation 4 and PC, via Steam. Check out the new trailer here.
They also mentioned it will be released for Xbox One at a later date in Q2, with plans to release the game for the Nintendo Switch around the same time. We will post those release dates when they are available.
01:30 PM - February 23, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
Building a NBA championship-caliber team in NBA 2K17 is a tall task. Outside of just accumulating as much star talent as possible, it’s hard to find a whole lot of precedence for successful franchises (in the modern era) outside of the San Antonio Spurs (and even they had obvious stars). We’ve see teams like the Philadelphia 76ers try and go outside of the box, hoarding draft picks and stockpiling young talent. We’ve also seen teams like the Bulls and Knicks utilize a revolving door of players, hoping to find a few that match with their stars in Anthony and Butler.
If we’ve learned anything, it’s that there’s no one strategy in particular that builds a champion. In the last 10 years alone, we’ve seen 11 different teams reach the NBA Finals. Even the glorified powerhouses don’t make it every year. There’s hope for the underdogs in the NBA, it’s just a matter of getting out in front and finding an edge.
Read More - Building a Championship Team in NBA 2K17
11:26 AM - February 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
OK, this is kind of hilarious...
Draymond Green has been known for kicking players in the balls, let's not kid ourselves here. It was just a matter of time before someone released a game...
Fans can download Draymond Green’s Shut Up And Slam Jam Karate Basketball for free on PC, Mac and Linux.
How to Play
- Pass the ball when in danger to avoid getting kicked.
- Shoot close to the goal for a better chance to score or jump into the ring to DUNK!
- Karate the other team to steal the ball, just as the masters taught you.
- Dodge opponents attacks, grab a multitude of weapons to hurl at your opponents
- Plug in some controllers and play with up to 4 in local-multiplayer
10:49 AM - February 23, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Josh Houtz
After hearing a lot of good things about High Horse Entertainment’s new cult classic Disc Jam, I decided to turn on my PS4 and see what all the hype was about. With the Beta release last week, it seemed a good time to see what all the buzz was about. After all, I’m a big fan of Rocket League, so I was cautiously optimistic that this too could live up to that kind of hype.
As sports games overall continue to improve, my own personal expectations for what is possible even with smaller indie projects also has continued to rise. Psyonix showed that not only the big companies can make great sports games and that's exactly what High Horse Entertainment sets fourth to do. Here are my early impressions of Disc Jam.
Read More - Disc Jam Beta Impressions
08:15 AM - February 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Out of the Park Baseball 18, an Official Licensee of MLB.com, MLBPA, and MiLB.com, will feature a Digital Cover for the first time, highlighting baseball’s “Perfect Team” of 11 top players at each position and the top Manager in baseball - as voted by its passionate community
Follow-up to Metacritic’s 2016 PC Game of the Year will live-stream the cover team announcement then pit the “Perfect Team” winners against the “Perfect Team” runners-up
Out of the Park Developments, an official licensee of MLB.com, the MLBPA, and MiLB.com, today announced Out of the Park Baseball 18 will have a “digital cover” for the first time in its illustrious history. Instead of choosing a single player, however, OOTP 18 will be represented by a “Perfect Team” of the 11 best players at each position - plus a manager - to celebrate the launch of the followup to the Metacritic 2016 PC Game of the Year.
“As a deep strategy game, we feel that nothing better represents what Out of the Park Baseball is about than putting the best possible team on our first-ever digital cover,” said lead developer, lifelong baseball fan, and Out of the Park Developments CEO Markus Heinsohn. “Baseball is the ultimate team game, and our fans argue every day about what makes us the best possible lineup. What better way to represent what we are all about than having them vote on the best players and manager to put on the digital diamond?”
Out of the Park Baseball 18 will be officially released on March 24, 2017. The follow-up to the acclaimed Metacritic 2016 PC Game of the Year includes several exciting new features and a treasure trove of deep improvements to its award-winning gameplay. The “Perfect Team” voting contest opens February 23 and closes on March 9, 2017. Fans will be able to choose from two players at each position as well as a manager. Winners of the vote will be officially named the “Perfect Team” and will be forever enshrined on the digital cover of Out of the Park Baseball 18.
The players in the contest that will be voted on are:
- C: Gary Sanchez (NYY) vs Buster Posey (SF)
- 1B: Freddie Freeman (ATL) vs. Paul Goldschmidt (ARI)
- 2B: Jason Kipnis (CLE) vs. Robinson Cano (SEA)
- SS: Trea Turner (WSH) vs. Carlos Correa (HOU)
- 3B: Nolan Arenado (COL) vs. Manny Machado (BAL)
- OF: Yoenis Cespedes (NYM) vs. J.D. Martinez (DET)
- OF: Starling Marte (PIT) vs. Christian Yelich (MIA)
- OF: Jose Bautista (TOR) vs. Nomar Mazara (TEX)
- SP1: Jake Arrieta (CHC) vs. Max Scherzer (WSH)
- SP2: Clayton Kershaw (LAD) vs. Chris Sale (BOS)
- CP: Zach Britton (BAL) vs. Seung-hwan Oh (STL)
- M: Joe Maddon (CHC) vs. Bruce Bochy (SF)
On March 15, Out of the Park Baseball Community Manager T.J. Lauerman will live stream the winning team announcement. On launch week, T.J. will live stream a game pitting the winners of the contest against the runners-up. All of these events will take place live on Out of the Park Developments Twitch channel, and will be archived to the Out of the Park Developments YouTube page for later viewing.
From today to March 23, customers may pre-order OOTP 18 for $35.99, a 10% discount off its full retail price. All pre-order purchases include early access to the Gold Master version on March 20, four days ahead of the official launch on March 24.
OOTP 18 can be pre-ordered through this link.
OOTP 18 runs on PC/Mac/Linux and, like last year, it features the American League and National League logos, the World Series trophy, official logos and jerseys for all 30 MLB teams, over 150 Minor League Baseball league and team logos, and historical MLB logos.