Operation Sports Content
Saturday, August 29, 2015
EA Sports has released their NHL 16 player ratings for the top 10 defensemen in the game, along with screenshots of each one of them in action.
The team looked at puck skills, senses, shooting, defense, skating, and physicality when deciding their overall rating. Check them out below and post your thoughts.
1. Shea Weber (Overall Rating - 94)
2. Duncan Keith (Overall Rating - 93)
3. Drew Doughty (Overall Rating - 93)
4. Ryan Suter (Overall Rating - 93)
5. Erik Karlsson (Overall Rating - 91)
6. P. K. Subban (Overall Rating - 91)
7. Victor Hedman (Overall Rating - 91)
8. Ryan McDonagh (Overall Rating - 90)
9. Roman Josi (Overall Rating - 90)
10. Alex Pietrangelo (Overall Rating - 90)
Previously released NHL 16 player ratings:
02:33 PM - August 29, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahNHL 16 continues to build on their authentic arenas and atmosphere with signature effects and well known props throughout the league. Check out a few examples in the images below.
Anaheim Ducks – Honda Center
During the NHL Playoffs, Anaheim fans will ‘Paint It Orange’ at the Honda Center.
Boston Bruins – TD Garden
At the start of home games, fans at the TD Garden will pass around a large Boston*Bruins*flag throughout the arena.
Colorado Avalanche – Pepsi Center
During the pregame warmup, the intro prop in Colorado will now lift into the rafters before the puck drops at center ice.
Los Angeles Kings – Staples Center
The 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions have had their in-arena banners updated to show off their most recent accolades.
St. Louis Blues – Scottrade Center
After the Blues score in the Scottrade Center, LED lights will animate from the stanchions behind the net and fog will fire from the center ice scoreboard.
If you missed the previously announced arena atmosphere details, check them out below.
- NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details & Screenshots (Stars, Oilers, Islanders, Maple Leafs)
- NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Sabres, Blue Jackets, Sharks, Jets)
- NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Wild, Red Wings, Flames, Capitals)
- NHL 16 Arena Atmosphere Details (Lightning, Penguins, Predators, Hurricanes)
01:11 PM - August 29, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
I noticed the Buffalo Bills tweeted an image of defensive end, Mario Williams with red contacts in Madden NFL 16, so I had to go in and check it out myself.
Just one of the "little things" in the game.
11:55 AM - August 29, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Bruce Lee has been added to the EA Sports UFC Mobile roster. You can download him for free until September 3, 2015 and play him in the Flyweight or Lightweight division, using his base character.
Here are the other EA Sports UFC Mobile updates:
- Enhanced Live Event visuals
- Save time and Auto Train your fighters to give them the optimal boost
- Reduced download size – get in the game even faster
- Behind-the-scenes improvements to keep you in the fight
Friday, August 28, 2015
06:06 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by PVarck31. Written by Steve Noah
The WWE 2K16 development team continue to reveal nuggets about their game. Today they confirmed 100 save slots are available for your CAW's this year.
Let us know what you think!
For more news, details and media on WWE 2K16, check out this page.
04:34 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA players continue posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today.
(Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.)
- John Wall (Overall Rating - 87)
- Kobe Bryant (Overall Rating - 85)
- Aaron Brooks (Overall Rating - 75)
- Terrence Ross (Overall Rating - 73)
- Langston Galloway (Overall Rating - 72)
- Kevin Durant - (Overall Rating - 91)
- Andre Drummond - (Overall Rating - 83)
- Isaiah Thomas - (Overall Rating - 81)
- Hassan Whiteside - (Overall Rating - 81)
- Rudy Gobert - (Overall Rating - 79)
- Jared Sullinger - (Overall Rating - 77)
- Tony Wroten - (Overall Rating - 75)
- C. J. Miles - (Overall Rating - 73)
- Isaiah Canaan - (Overall Rating - 73)
- Evan Fournier - (Overall Rating - 72)
- Shelvin Mack - (Overall Rating - 72)
- C.J. McCollum - (Overall Rating - 72)
- Kyle Anderson - (Overall Rating - 71)
- Shane Larkin - (Overall Rating - 70)
- Spencer Dinwiddie - (Overall Rating - 70)
- Quincy Acy - (Overall Rating - 69)
- Perry Jones III - (Overall Rating - 69)
- Pierre Jackson - (Overall Rating - 69)
04:21 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NHL 16 EA Access trial is scheduled to arrive on September 10 and give subscribers 10 hours of gameplay.
With Madden NFL 16, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR and Battlefield Hardline setting the pace, along with FIFA 16 confirmed for September 17, it looks like 10 hour trials for EA Access subscribers will be the new standard.
04:06 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
Hey everyone, hopefully the video above explains everything, but in short, we want to do a weekly rundown of some of the best highlights from the Operation Sports community.
The video would generally go live on a Friday if everything works out. If it doesn't work out weekly, then we'll go to every other week or every month. We'll be doing something similar for the other sports games as well when they come out.
If you want to submit a highlight:
Send an email to: OperationSportsYT AT gmail.com -- provide a YouTube URL or a URL to the place where we can download the clip.
Also feel free to include your name, a title for the video, and any other info you think might be needed (ex. game-winning touchdown in my CFM Super Bowl).
Hope you guys will submit some videos. If you don't, then just know I still love you all even when you disappoint me.
02:56 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has released their NHL 16 player ratings for the top 10 goalies in the game, along with screenshots of each one of them in action.
The team looked at a goalie's reflexes, puck control, and athletic ability when deciding their overall rating. Check them out below and post your thoughts.
1. Carey Price - (Overall - 94)
2. Henrik Lundqvist - (Overall - 93)
3. Jonathan Quick - (Overall - 93)
4. Tuukka Rask - (Overall - 92)
5. Pekka Rinne - (Overall - 92)
6. Braden Holtby - (Overall - 91)
7. Sergei Bobrovsky - (Overall - 90)
8. Cory Schneider - (Overall - 90)
9. Semyon Varlamov - (Overall - 89)
10. Frederik Andersen - (Overall - 89)
02:36 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Draft Champions is the newest feature in Madden NFL 16, and we're curious to know what you think about the new mode. Have you tried it out yet? Let us know if you have and what you thought of it!
Vote in our poll and leave a comment on if you plan to use Draft Champions or not throughout your Madden play-time!!!
01:27 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Madden NFL 16 is a game where I have faced mixed emotions playing it. On one hand, the gameplay has arrived in every way now, and can be put amongst any other game in our genre in terms of great-playing sports games.
On the other hand, funky design decisions and truly bad bugs really hamper the experience in the game’s main mode: Franchise.
That always brings a tension in reviewing a game. It's brilliant but left wondering why some decisions were simply made.
With all of that said, Madden NFL 16 is the best football game you’ve ever played, and the experience is generally becoming one that can be described as great.
Read More - Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)
11:44 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 146th episode of the Press Row Podcast is our official Madden 16 Review Roundtable. The show is actually another two-parter; up first, host Rich Grisham is joined by Madden Creative Director Mike Young and Assistant Producer Jake Stein to talk about this year's opening cinematic. The three chat about how it came together, the thought process behind it, and the challenges experienced at launch. Up next, Rich is joined by Owen Good, Bryan Wiedey, Chris Sanner, T.J. Lauerman, and Gus Ramsey to explore Madden 16 in depth. It's one of our most popular episodes each year!
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre and Hit The Pass (@pastapadre)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Chris Sanner, Operation Sports (@ChrisSnr)
- Gus Ramsey, ESPN (@GusRamsey)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Mike Young, EA Sports (@MichaelYoungCD)
- Jake Stein, EA Sports (@JStein2469)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, Hit The Pass (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 2 Hours, 11 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
11:42 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
It’s that time of year again...EA’s latest version of Madden is upon us. If you’re a football fan there is no better time, and if you’re a video game football fan it’s, at the very least, an interesting and engaging time. The developers of Madden have gone on record that they truly understand the repetitive on-field issues that have plagued the Madden series over the last decade, and have promised the fan base to do all they can to eradicate them. Now having spent a solid 20 hours with the newest title, I take a look at just how realistic a game of football Madden 16 is on the gridiron. After all, football is a difficult game to faithfully recreate.
Read More - Madden NFL 16: Analyzing the AI
11:32 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Shut it Down Diamond Dynasty packs are available now, and throughout the weekend, for MLB 15 The Show costing 10,000 stubs.
Each pack contains 3 player cards from the best relievers and closers. You are guaranteed 1 Gold card or higher with 10 times the chance of receiving a diamond.
Below is a list of players available in packs:
- Craig Kimbrel
- Dellin Betances
- Aroldis Chapman
- Wade Davis
- Koji Uehara
- David Robertson
- Trevor Rosenthal
- Zach Britton
- Andrew Miller
- Cody Allen
- Ken Giles
- Drew Storen
- Glen Perkins
- Darren O'Day
- Mark Melancon
- Roberto Osuna
- Kevin Siegrist
- Carson Smith
- Tony Watson
- Junichi Tazawa
- Francisco Rodriguez
- Pedro Baez
- AJ Ramos
- Sergio Romo
- Hector Rondon
- Justin Wilson
- Jeurys Familia
- Joe Smith
- Shawn Tolleson
- Pedro Strop
- Josh Fields
- Luke Gregerson
- Will Harris
- Andrew Chafin
- Hunter Strickland
- Fernando Rodriguez
- Blaine Hardy
- Keone Kela
- Alex Wilson
- Sean Gilmartin
- Will Smith
- Zach McAllister
- Shawn Kelley
- Jeremy Jeffress
- Brad Brach
- Travis Wood
- Mark Lowe
- Brian Matusz
- Liam Hendriks
- Franklin Morales
09:08 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 trailer, featuring all 10 skaters in the game. For those of you that haven't been following along with the title, you can choose from the following skaters:
- Tony Hawk
- Riley Hawk
- Chris Cole
- David Gonzalez
- Lizzie Armanto
- Nyjah Huston
- Leticia Bufoni
- Andrew Reynolds
- Aaron "Jaws" Homoki
- Ishod Wair
Start out by selecting your location (beach, skatepark, school, warehouse, and a super-secret locale), select the size of your park (small, medium, large) and start designing your park.
THPS 5 comes out on September 29 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and November 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. You can pre-order it now. For more Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 news, screenshots and videos, check out this page.