Maximizing your created player's effectiveness.
A look at what you should be aiming to do in Franchise Mode.
A look at what this year's mode has done right, and what it hasn't.
An incremental step forward still means a great experience for all baseball fans.
The NFL draft is over, and in its wake are teams which now have different looks heading into the 2015 season. Let's take a look at the teams which saw their stocks go way up in the draft in terms of how they'll play in Madden NFL 16. And while draft picks of offensive linemen and defensive tackles are huge in real life -- in Madden they're still less of a factor. Specifically QBs, WRs, RBs, and defensive playmakers like DEs are weighted heavier, and thus that's what I'm looking at when making the picks below.
- Tennessee Titans - The Titans' passing game now has a completely new look, with Marcus Mariota throwing the ball to his brand new target Dorial Green-Beckham. DGB, if you recall, was projected as a high first rounder before his off-field issues -- and he likely was a steal in the second round. The Titans were big winners in this year's draft for Madden players.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston may or may not be an eventual bust or burgeoning star depending on who you ask, its way too early to tell really, but his ratings in Madden are certainly going to reshape the perception of how players approach the Bucs. Expect usage of the Bucs online to be much higher because of Winston's expected final attributes heading into the 2015 season.
- Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper is a star in the making at wideout. If his attributes are reasonable, he'll be a fun target to throw to for the Raiders. Also Clive Walford could see some time as a pass catching TE, which could impact how some call games with Oakland.
- New York Jets - The Jets certainly didn't have a flashy draft, but they picked up Leonard Williams, who may have been the best player in the draft overall. The pass rushing threat of Williams, along with the addition of Devin Smith at wideout are going to give Jets fans some new tools to play with this year. Also, while Bryce Petty is a project, he was a great passer in college and may sport some solid throwing arm numbers as a backup.
- St. Louis Rams - Assuming Gurley is healthy and his physical stats get the respect they should -- he will be a heck of a running game option for the Rams right off the bat. Gurley is compared to Marshawn Lynch by many and it really fits. For Madden players, he's a big time weapon in the making.
Here are the key steps on how to get the Twin City team back into contention as quickly as possible, with many of these tips being able to be used with other franchises in a general sense as well.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: How to Rebuild the Twins
Slightly Mad Studios have just released their Project CARS launch trailer. The game is scheduled to release for PC users on May 6th and for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users on May 12th.
Here's a list of some of the features in the game:
- The largest track roster of any recent racing game with 110+ unique locations
- A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch
- Dynamic weather, pit stops, and pit strategy creation
- Dynamic time of day and endurance races including the Le Mans 24H
- World-class graphics running at 60 fps with up to 45 drivers onscreen
- Next-gen physics running at 600 fps and deep telemetry & tuning features
- Competitive multiplayer for up to 16 players and the ability to create public, private and friend-based lobbies with ‘Join In Progress’
- Asynchronous Time Trial with downloadable ghosts
- Regularly-scheduled community events
- Social connectivity with photo and replay modes powered by The Driver Network
- Support for 30+ wheels, community apps, and virtual reality via Oculus Rift and Project Morpheus
- Continual updates and further content after launch
A new MLB 15 The Show Challenge of the Week is available now.
This week, Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve goes up against Texas Rangers, Neftali Feliz. The prize this week is an autographed Brandon Phillips MLB baseball. The challenge ends on May 11th at 4:30 AM PT.
Make sure you share your scores, if you give it a shot.
The official weekly MLB 15 The Show roster update is available now. The update adds 14 players and includes 159 player movements. Check out all of the details below.
The Madden NFL 16 cover vote has already started on mobile devices, courtesy of Madden NFL Mobile (download here for Android devices, here for iOS devices). Users can vote from 4 cover athlete candidates.
New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson, New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown are the players to choose from.
First-round voting closes on Monday, May 11th, at 3 a.m. ET with the two finalists being announced on Tuesday, May 12th. On Wednesday, May 13th, users will be able to vote on the cover athlete all day, through the ESPN website, with the winner of the Madden NFL 16 cover to be announced that same evening at 6:00 PM ET on SportsCenter.
Thanks to NAMEisCHASE for the heads up!
Who would you like to see on the cover of Madden NFL 16?
UPDATE: Voting is now available in Madden Ultimate Team on Madden NFL 15 as well!
Here's how to vote.
HOW TO VOTE WITH MADDEN NFL MOBILE
Players will receive a Vote Collectible the first time they log in to Madden NFL Mobile each day.
Cover Vote Collectibles complete one of four repeatable Cover Vote Sets, so that players can vote over and over again for the Madden NFL 16 cover athlete.
These Collectibles cannot be auctioned.
Players can also cast votes by completing four daily Live Events (one Live Event every six hours). For every successful Live Event completion, players will be awarded one Vote Collectible to be added to the finalist set in which the player wants to vote for and a chance of winning one Cover Athlete Finalist Collectible. Add this collectible to a set to unlock an 88 OVR version of the Cover Athlete Finalist.
The winning Cover Athlete will be boosted to a 99 OVR at the time of the cover reveal. Ten Cover Athlete Finalist Collectibles are required for each set, and the can be auctioned.
Live Events are unlimited play, meaning unlimited voting, as long as players have stamina.
HOW TO VOTE WITH MADDEN ULTIMATE TEAM
Console players will receive one Cover Vote Collectible the first time they log in to Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) during the week. This and other Cover Vote Collectibles can be used to complete Cover Vote Sets. There is one Set for each of the four semifinalists.
Some information from the press release.
After showing us some winning tips from the 4-out 1-in set and 5 tips to break down the 2-3 zone defense, Scott O'Gallagher is back with some more NBA 2K15 winning tips for Sim Nation.
In the latest NBA 2KTV video, Scott takes a look at the Atlanta Hawks and the Hawk 4, Dive Quick 2 and shows you how to get that wide open 3 from Kyle Korver. You can watch the full video, or get right to the winning tips section at roughly the 5:16 point.
- MLB 15 The Show Challenge of the Week - Matt Harvey vs. Alex Rodriguez
- DiRT Rally Available Now Through Steam Early Access Program
- Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Details (4-27-15)
- WWE 2K15 Available Now on PC, DLC Scheduled to Release Later This Spring
- The Golf Club Collector's Edition Arrives on PC, Consoles
- Unhealthy MLB 15 The Show Online Franchises to be Removed From the System
- R.B.I. Baseball 15 Update 1.02 Released For iOS, Still No Release Date For Android
- Madden NFL 15 Update 1.05 Brings Player Likeness Update For Jameis Winston to MUT
- The Houston Astros' Hot Start Can Be Partially Attributed To MLB 15 The Show
- No Fans at the Chicago White Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles Game in MLB 15 The Show Live
- Final Car List Revealed For Project CARS
- Second Update Arrives for MLB Manager 2015
- Get Ready for the NFL Draft in Madden Ultimate Team
- NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (4-30-15)
- PES 2016 to Feature More Licenses Than Ever Before, First Details Coming in June
- The Golf Club May Update is Available Now (PC)
- First Round Draft Picks Now Playable in Madden Ultimate Team & Madden NFL Mobile
- Pro Cycling Manager 2015 Coming in June For Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC
Featured Articles and Media
- DriveClub Video - Jaguar XKR-S Coupe
- MLB 15 The Show: How to Use Your Created Player in Diamond Dynasty
- DriveClub Video - Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
- Do You Play Sports Games On the PC? (Poll)
- MotoGP 15 Trailer - Catalunya, Motegi and Aragon
- MLB Manager 2015 Review (iOS)
- DriveClub Video - Ferrari F40
- MLB 15 The Show: Josh Hamilton Returns to Texas (Video)
- What Position Are You Playing Road to the Show as? (Poll)
- Directional Hitting in MLB 15 The Show, How it Works (Video)
- MLB 15 The Show's Diamond Dynasty Disrupts the Market
- Project CARS Gameplay Video - Heavy Rain Footage at Spa Francorchamps
- Press Row Podcast Episode 132: Belief and Hype
Pro Cycling Manager 2015, the official video game of the Tour de France 2015, is scheduled to release in June for Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the new screenshots here.
Read more about the game at the official website.
This week’s episode features Cicero Holmes and Ryan Lewis joining host Rich Grisham to talk about a host of subjects. The three chat about how they approach their favorite sports games, whether or not the “real world” influences their attitude with the virtual equivalent, what their go-to franchise is, what they would like to get into if only there were more time, and much more. In addition, Ryan takes Cicero and Rich down the bizarre Joe Montana Football rabbit hole, offering up several theories on what that operation may actually be doing. It’s a fun episode that spans sports games in the present, the past, and the future.
Joining us this week:
- Cicero Holmes, Spawn on Me (@stubbystan)
- Ryan Lewis (@RyanTheLou)
- And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)
- Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there!
- Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom at https://audioboom.com/channel/press-row-podcast, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
Run Time: 1 Hour, 32 Minutes
As announced yesterday, all 32 first round draft picks are available now in Madden NFL 15 Ultimate Team and Madden NFL Mobile. Elite editions are available by completing a set by collecting specific players and NFL draft badges. You can receive Jameis Winston for free, simply by logging into Madden Ultimate Team for a limited time.
For those of you that missed it, you can see screenshots of all the players drafted in the first round with their respective teams here. Only Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota were head-scanned.
Read the full press release below.
NFL fans eager to get the new season started can now take the field with their favorite team’s first-round draft pick in Madden NFL 15 and Madden NFL Mobile. Console gamers can add new players to their Ultimate Team™ in Madden NFL 15, and fans can put the rookies through their paces in special Live Events in Madden NFL Mobile.
All first-round rookies have been given a special ratings boost to demonstrate their full playmaking potential, and they’re ready to slot into a starting role. Fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ Jameis Winston and the Tennessee Titans’ Marcus Mariota are in for an extra treat, as both players appear in Madden NFL 15 with their real-life head scans, creating the most realistic rendition possible for your Ultimate Team. Madden NFL Mobile gamers will have the opportunity to temporarily add select first round picks to their team for special Live Events, giving players their first taste of the NFL’s latest batch of talent.
Madden NFL 15 allows players to transform into their rival’s worst nightmare with a new breed of defense, built to challenge the best offenses in the NFL. A new arsenal of pass rush moves, an intuitive tackling system, improved coverage logic, and immersive new camera angles make defense more exciting and fun than ever. Fans can call plays with confidence thanks to an all-new crowd-sourced recommendation engine built from millions of online games played by the Madden NFL community. Add in all-new NFL Films inspired presentation and it’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.
Madden NFL 15 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and is available for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 entertainment system. To learn more about Madden NFL 15, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl.
Madden NFL Mobile allows fans to build a dominant team composed of the league’s best talent from past and present. Players can take their squad into head-to-head matchups against friends, play their favorite team’s full NFL season, start a new League, or jump into the always fresh Live Events. Madden NFL Mobile is available on the App Store and Google Play.
All player participation has been facilitated by NFL Players Inc., the licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association (NFLPA).
DigiProst has posted another Project CARS gameplay video. This one features the Spa Francorchamps circuit in heavy rain conditions.
If somebody is talking about sports games and what trends have changed them in the last five years, it would be easy to argue that virtual team building has been the trendsetter. Whether it's Ultimate Team (EA titles), or Diamond Dynasty (MLB The Show), or MyTeam (NBA 2K), or MyClub (PES) every major sports title has taken a stab at this mode.
And it's easy to see from both a business and consumer level why this has become a trend. There's plenty of money to be had here, and the modes are extremely popular.
At the end of the day, a ton of people like to build their own team, and just as many people like collecting things, or buying/selling things, or just opening packs of virtual cards to see what surprises are within.
In a lot of ways, many of these modes are not unlike Hearthstone or any other collectable card game (CCG for short). You usually want the best cards possible, and the idea of opening that next pack always has an allure.
But the interesting thing about Diamond Dynasty is that it decides to eschew as much of the noise as possible. And that's what I want to talk about after the jump.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show's Diamond Dynasty Disrupts the Market
HB Studios just announced that the May update is now available on Steam. Below is a list of the new and improved features. The same build has been submitted for consoles, hopefully it won't be too long until it is released.
Free New/Improved features
- Season Mode
- Tropical Theme
- Steam Shop now attached to Season Mode and Tropical Themes
- Cart Paths added
- Out of Bounds now in the game
- Drop Balls
- Unplayable Lies
- Weather Effects via course creator
- Ability to view other users profiles
- Better Camera controls on Mouse and Keyboard in course creator
- Added a drive difficulty setting based off of drive loft
- Loads more commentary – we want to keep it varied
- Season Mode
- Tours and Tournaments
- More Variety
- Crash on tour search screen
- Balls getting stuck in objects like bridges, balcony’s, dumpsters
- Overlapping text on Theme Select
- Improved end of tour flow
- X button favoring a un favoring courses
- Flickering on settings screen fixed
- Numerous Tour Creation Bugs
- Ball appearing x50 bigger at the end of a round
- Bad lie cheat fixed
- Users Average Rounds and Average Ratings for current competitions not updating
- Numerous flow fixes
- Loads more
The first details for PES 2016 is scheduled to release in June, according to PESEditBlog.
They also mention the PES team is focused on acquiring more licensed teams and leagues than ever before. In fact, some of them have never been seen before in the series.