Which teams are going to be a lot better next year?
Hockey could be changing, how will it affect NHL 16?
A flaw seems to have appeared in how NBA 2K15 handles shot forms.
Operation Sports Content
Monday, March 30, 2015
10:19 AM - March 30, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
With only a few hours to go, planning out your first moves with MLB: The Show 15 should be a priority. Everyone will have a personal preference, whether it's playing with your favorite team or immediately kicking off "Road to the Show," but there are four things that will be an absolute must to play around with come Tuesday.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Four Things You'll Want to Try
09:42 AM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
WWE 2K15 update 1.05 is available now on both PlayStation 4 (450 MB) and Xbox One (5.1 GB). Check out the details in the image above. When 2K releases more information about it, we will update this post. Thanks for the heads up vtcrb!
09:06 AM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has released some more Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR screenshots. These screenshots feature Wolf Creek. If you missed the screenshots from TPC Sawgrass, click here.
Rory replaced Tiger Woods as the face of the new golf game, after EA and Tiger parted ways in 2013. The new game will utilize the Frostbite 3 engine and feature all-new commentary from Frank Nobilo and Rich Lerner of Golf Channel.
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is scheduled to release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in June.
08:50 AM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Golf Club March update arrived late last week, but the patch notes were not available until today. Check them out below.
For those of you that missed it, Season mode will come with the Collector's Edition, which is scheduled to ship on April 28th. For everyone else, Season Mode is scheduled to arrive sometime in May, most likely at a $10 price tag.
- Harvest Theme
- New Objects: Ornate / Hewn Stones / Rockery
- Wooden Steps (A few variations)
- New Fairway Brush shapes
- Some smooth, curved bursh
- New Bunker Brush shapes
- Clear Generated Tree tool
- New Tee Shape Brushes
- Handicaps change between rounds in tournaments
- Huge Speed ups on multiplayer
- Optimisations with water, animals, and more giving upto 40% improvements on some courses
- Improved joining in multiplayer games
- Fixed issue with slow loading times of big courses, making game seem like it’s hung
- Course loading optimisation
- Improved Slope Rating formulas
- Small fixes to UI regarding button call outs
- Improved display of notifications in ticker bar
- Delete message bug fix
- Bug with Object Limit Reached, when trying to publish
- Fixed issues with older courses becoming corrupt
Sunday, March 29, 2015
11:08 AM - March 29, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Out of the Park Baseball 16 Available Now for PC/Mac/Linux
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (3-24-15)
- Pure Hold'em Beta Available Now For Xbox One
- R.B.I. Baseball 15 Scheduled to Release on March 31st For Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- MotoGP 15 Announced, Details and Trailer Revealed - Scheduled to Release in June
- F1 2015 Scheduled to Release in June For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC
- NBA Live 15 Roster Update Details (3-26-15)
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (3-26-15)
- MLB Manager 2015 Launches on iOS and Android
- WWE Immortals Unleashes New Playable WWE Superstars and In-Game Event System
- Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious Available Now - Free Until April 10th
- MLB 15 The Show Trophies List Revealed
- The Golf Club: March Update Is Now Live, Patch Notes to Arrive Monday
- NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (March Update)
- NBA 2K15 Video - Winning Tips with Scott O'Gallagher, Breaking Down the 2-3 Zone
Featured Articles and Media
- NBA 2K15: Fixing Broken Shot Forms Exposes Flaw in Shooting System
- MLB 15 The Show Trailer - The Sights and Sounds of Opening Day
- MLB 15 The Show Video - MLB Monday: Graphical & Stadium Improvements
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Screenshots - TPC Sawgrass
- Driveclub Update 1.13 Available, Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 50° Anniversary Video
- Project CARS Trailer - Location Overview, Fanatec Wheel Support Comes To Consoles
- NHL 16: Upcoming Potential Rule Changes And How They'll Impact the Game
- Have You Ever Played Out of the Park Baseball? (Poll)
- Some More MLB 15 The Show Screenshots
- MLB 15 The Show Trailer - Globe Life Park and Shin-Soo Choo
- Madden: The Teams That Owned Free Agency in 2015
- The 10 Rookies That Will Change Madden 16
- Madden: The Teams That Took a Step Back in Free Agency in 2015
- 5 Star Wrestling Review (PS3)
- Press Row Podcast - Rory McElroy PGA Tour, OOTP, MLB 15 The Show & More
Online franchise. Online dynasty.
Online franchise modes -- yesterday's fad -- have all but disappeared from sports games. Are these experiences on the endangered list? Or will we get to enjoy them in the future?
We break down where the modes are going and if you can expect to see them in the years to come in this new roundtable!
Read More - Are Online Franchises Endangered? (Roundtable)
12:55 AM - March 29, 2015. Posted by Zboogie. Written by Steve Noah
Some gameplay footage of MotorStorm’s off-road buggies in DriveClub has surfaced, courtesy of AGB.
Pictures of the buggies were shown on the Japanese PlayStation Blog earlier this month, which considering the game was developed by Evolution Studios – which developed MotorStorm – this isn’t too much of a surprise.
Saturday, March 28, 2015
10:54 AM - March 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Last week on NBA 2KTV, Scott O'Gallagher showed us some winning tips from the 4-out 1-in set for NBA 2K15. This week he gives us 5 tips to break down the 2-3 zone defense. It's much longer this week (thanks to fan feedback), so make sure you check it out and let your voice be heard this week.
Also in the video is an interview with Hillsong NYC Pastor and mentor to the NBA stars, Carl Lentz along with 2K top plays of the week.
Friday, March 27, 2015
09:15 PM - March 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has released their NHL 15 roster update for the month of March, updating rosters to reflect the current lineups in the NHL, AHL, CHL, Liga, SHL, DEL, Extraliga ledniho hokeje, and National League.
Changes have also been made to player ratings across the NHL. These new player ratings will be reflected in all game modes including online play. The full list of updated player ratings is here, it includes 40 players.
ROSTER UPDATE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS*:
Xbox One & PlayStation 4:
- In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’ under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters.
- In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster Management)
- In the Roster Management section, select (Download Rosters)
- In the Download Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’
Fire up those consoles and post your thoughts.
04:50 PM - March 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The crew at The Golf Club posted an update on the status of the major March update.
The major update will include a new theme and items for courses. We'll post some impressions of the new update when it goes live soon!
Update: The update went live a little earlier than expected and is now available. Good news! Patch notes will arrive on Monday.
03:39 PM - March 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PlayStationTrophies have posted the trophies list for MLB 15 The Show on the PlayStation 4. For PlayStation 3 users, PS3Trophies has you covered right here.
Below are just a few of them, make sure to click the links above to see them all.
- The "Me" In Team
In any game mode, total 7 RBIs with one player in a game. Must play an uninterrupted game against the CPU without switching sides or fast-forwarding (excluding RTTS). Excludes Community Challenges mode.
- You're My Boy Blue
Successfully win a replay challenge.
- See What I Did There?
Perform a slide step and successfully throw out a baserunner. Must play an uninterrupted game against the CPU without switching sides or fast-forwarding. Excludes Community Challenges mode.
03:12 PM - March 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Spring is technically here – although the weather may not agree with that – so our thoughts turn to baseball and golf. Episode 127 is a three-part show. Up first, Bryan Wiedey and T.J. Lauerman join host Rich Grisham to talk about what they’re looking forward to the most from MLB 15 The Show. Second, Rory McElroy PGA Tour Executive Producer Brent Nielsen joins Rich to chat about the recent news surrounding EA’s upcoming next-gen golf game. Lastly, Out of the Park Baseball’s Brad Cook drops by to discuss his just-released PC baseball sim, and why the new MLB license transforms the experience.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Brent Nielsen, EA Sports (@BrentNielsen71)
- Brad Cook, Out of the Park Baseball (@bradcwriter)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 22 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
10:23 AM - March 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
Professional wrestling games are a bit odd. They must capture the spirit of a scripted form of entertainment, while providing a competitive experience with an undetermined outcome. You often change between promoter and athlete, scheduling matches which you then play in. Yet, despite these contradictions, I usually enjoy these titles, even though I am not an ardent follower of the real shows.
Enter 5 Star Wrestling, a PS3 digital title that seeks to recreate the pro wrestling experience. Like the genre’s big budget titles, this smaller game is full of inconsistencies. This time, however, they serve to make a rather dreadful experience.
Read More - 5 Star Wrestling Review (PS3)
08:14 AM - March 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The standalone expansion of Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious is available now. It is free until April 10th, after that it will cost $9.99.
Queue it up on Xbox 360 here (2.2 GB) and on Xbox One here (15 GB). Additional details about the game can be seen here, along with a launch trailer here.
Download it and let us know what you think!
Thursday, March 26, 2015
03:30 PM - March 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Macho Man Randy Savage and Stone Cold Steve Austin are available now for WWE Immortals on iOS devices (coming soon for Android devices), along with an all new events system. Macho Man (Renegade, Macho King) and Stone Cold (Icebound Watcher, Texas Rattlesnake) will have 2 variations.
Read the full press release below.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and WWE today announced that WWE Immortals for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices will now offer two new characters – Macho Man Randy Savage and Stone Cold Steve Austin – along with an all new Events System.
These new characters mark the second wave of additions to the WWE Immortals roster since the game’s launch in January 2015, following the recent introduction of Superstar Randy Orton in February. WWE Immortals will continue to add new playable characters to its existing roster with an unveiling of additional WWE Superstars every month.
Both of the new characters for March 2015 will be available in two variations, including:
- Macho Man Randy Savage – Renegade
- Macho Man Randy Savage – Macho King
- Stone Cold Steve Austin – Icebound Watcher
- Stone Cold Steve Austin – Texas Rattlesnake
The March updates for WWE Immortals are available today on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, and are coming soon to Android devices.