Talking about the Madden Live Challenge tournament.
It seriously was a bit of a letdown...
The sports are everywhere, so let's discuss the games...
Operation Sports Content
Friday, November 27, 2015
10:07 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
Ever since its introduction on the Dreamcast, NBA 2K has been my favorite sports video game franchise by far. Its bread and butter is, without question, the gameplay. Basketball purists appreciate the realism and extreme attention to detail. This game is quite possibly the most authentic representation of its sport when compared to other franchises. And 2K’s continued focus on improving various gameplay mechanics keeps players coming back year after year.
With gameplay as fun and realistic as 2K’s, it’s easy to get caught up playing exhibition games, ignoring the variety of gameplay modes offered in the 2K series. In fact, my favorite mode to play is exhibition, as I have a yearly series of games with a good friend of mine. We track the final scores from each game and keep track of who’s in the lead. The gameplay mechanics are so diverse that each game feels fresh and exciting.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Its Time to Give MyTeam a Chance
05:17 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
In the 159th episode of the Press Row Podcast, Madden’s eSports Producer Matt Marcou joins host Rich Grisham to talk about all the details related to Madden’s brand new foray into the explosively popular world of eSports. Marcou discusses why eSports overall has gotten so big, where Madden hopes to fit into that equation, the elements that have led him and the Madden team to craft Draft Champions Ranked to fuel their eSports initiative, and much more.
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 37 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
04:35 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Groves
Make no mistake about it, FIFA's stranglehold on exclusive licenses is a major reason why the series has enjoyed so much success since the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3. The ability to pick it up and play as nearly all of your favorite clubs makes it a day-one purchase for so many of us footy enthusiasts. Combine that with stable online servers and modes galore, and it's no wonder why EA Canada has been the most praised EA development team over the last few years. Despite this stronghold, FIFA has still found a way to grow by expanding into the all-important US soccer market.
Read More - I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16
10:48 AM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Konami has just announced a free to play version of PES 2016, exclusively for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. The entry level version will feature Exhibition Mode complete with the choice of 7 teams including Bayern Munich, Juventus, AS Roma, Brazil and France. There is also a full Training section and the popular myClub feature. Users will be able to play both online and offline with unlimited access to the myClub mode.
Source - Konami
07:22 AM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Operation Sports Fantasy Football League is back for Week 12, a docket that features 13 games.
Can the Seahawks steady the ship against Big Ben, Antonio Brown and the Steelers (4:25 p.m. EST)? Saving the best for last, the undefeated Patriots travel to Mile High to square off against Brock Osweiler and the Broncos (8:30 p.m. EST).
With football comes FanDuel. Head over to the contest lobby to get started. It’s only $5 to enter, with $60 to first place. Click here to enter! We'll see you there!
Thursday, November 26, 2015
10:08 PM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Gnemi. Written by Steve Noah
FIFA 16 title update #4 is available now for PC users. Check out the details below.
The update is scheduled to arrive later for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but an exact release date was not specified.
This update includes the following items in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- The ability to quickly change price values when listing items on the transfer market.
- Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches.
- Added the ability to search your club items by Nationality.
- Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
- Improved pass receiver selection.
- Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.
Source - EA Forums
06:05 PM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, making Steph Curry the top rated current player in the game. Curry is now an overall 95, while LeBron James stays at 94. Also of note, Kobe Bryant has gone down to an overall 78, the same rating as teammates Lou Williams and Jordan Clarkson.
- Kawhi Leonard +1 (91)
- Blake Griffin +1 (90)
- Paul George +1 (90)
- Andre Drummond +1 (87)
- Jimmy Butler +2 (88)
- Kyle Lowry +1 (85)
- Brandon Knight +3 (84)
- Draymond Green +1 (84)
- Hassan Whiteside +1 (83)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo +1 (82)
- Rajon Rondo +1 (82)
- Kemba Walker +2 (82)
- Avery Bradley +4 (81)
- Jonas Valanciunas +1 (81)
- C. J. McCollum +1 (80)
- Andre Iguodala +3 (80)
- Harrison Barnes +3 (80)
- Manu Ginobili +1 (80)
- Chris Paul -1 (89)
- Carmelo Anthony -1 (86)
- Dwight Howard -1 (84)
- Marc Gasol -1 (84)
- Klay Thompson -1 (83)
- Nikola Vucevic -1 (81)
- Reggie Jackson -1 (80)
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
Let us know what you are seeing!
12:37 PM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived. Check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.
- Melvin Ingram +2 (82)
- Cam Newton +1 (94)
- Adam Vinatieri +1 (89)
- Jameis Winston +2 (84)
- Luke Kuechly +1 (98)
- Carson Palmer +1 (96)
- DeAndre Hopkins +1 (95)
- Dez Bryant +1 (95)
- Eric Berry +1 (91)
- Tyrod Taylor -1 (83)
- Jay Cutler -1 (85)
- Darrelle Revis -1 (95)
- Michael Bennett -1 (96)
- Aqib Talib -1 (92)
- NaVorro Bowman -1 (91)
- Tony Romo -1 (91)
- Randall Cobb -1 (89)
- Andy Dalton -1 (88)
- Jay Cutler -1 (85)
10:06 AM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
After apologizing about the PES 2016 roster issues earlier this month, Konami has announced data pack #2 is scheduled to release on December 3, complete with updated rosters covering all moves made until October 19.
The free update also adds new international uniforms for Germany, Italy and Spain, along with Maracana stadium and 51 more updated player likeness faces with more coming in future updates. The update also includes 8 new shoe styles, the new Nike Ordem CSF and Ordem2 balls and new entrance sequences.
Check out the trailer here, along with plenty of new screenshots here.
Read the full press release below.
KONAMI CONFIRMS DATA PACK #2 DETAILS
Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. announced today that the company remains committed to continually evolving the rosters, adding more content and providing new visual elements to the latest addition to the Pro Evolution Soccer franchise, PES 2016. Central to the free download is the addition of the recent reveal of the new international uniforms for Germany, Italy and Spain, which will be made available on Dec. 3.
PES 2016 is world renowned for its stunning recreations of players, with its Team and Player ID systems ensuring its teams and stars both resemble and mimic their real life counterparts. Data Pack #2 adds 51 new likenesses to the player rosters, including Fernando Torres, Kevin de Bruyne, Julian Draxler, Jamie Vardy and Aleksander Mitrovic. Additional players will be added in the coming updates. Along with faces, the rosters will be updated for all offline modes, correcting those missing in the previous Data Pack and covering all moves made until Oct. 19.
For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users, KONAMI has perfectly recreated the legendary Brazilian Estadio do Maracana venue, and for the first time in the series, it will include a unique pre-match intro sequence showing the exterior, the surrounding city and passionate fans lighting fireworks and flares.
Eight new shoe styles will also be added to the game, including the latest designs from Joma, Mizuno and Puma. The new Nike Ordem CSF and Ordem2 balls designs have also been perfectly replicated for use within the game. Other improvements include new entrance sequences for Copa Libertadores and Sudamericana matches.
More updates for PES 2016 are planned and details will be revealed in the coming weeks.
09:19 AM - November 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
R.B.I. Baseball 15 is currently on sale for $5 on Xbox One, if you're an Xbox Gold Subscriber, otherwise it costs $7 (regular price is $19.99). For those of you on PlayStation 4, it appears you have been left out.
For everyone else, you can grab R.B.I. Baseball 15 for $0.99 on iOS and Android devices (regular price is $4.99).
The sale ends on November 30.
- Authentic ballparks with unique characteristics from every Major League Baseball club
- Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball mode with 16 player rosters
- Stat tracking by team, player and season league leaders across multiple seasons
- Features over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes based on hundreds of millions of data points from the MLB.com database
- Own the pitch: Control the movement of your pitch from start to finish
- Season, Postseason & Exhibition Mode
- Adjustable difficulty settings; Easy, Medium, Hard
- Intuitive touch controls
- Automatically Save and Resume your in-progress ballgame
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
06:06 PM - November 25, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Hockey mode is coming to Rocket League on December 14. "Snow Day" will replace the "Mutator Mashup" on the online playlist, with an ice-themed field and a heavy, disc-shaped puck. For those that are curious, the Mutator Mashup will still be there, it just won’t be in the online playlist.
List of upcoming "Winter Event" items:
- “Xmas” Rocket Trail
- “Blitzen” Topper
- “Christmas Tree” Topper
- “Sad Sapling” Topper
- “Santa” Topper
- “Candy Cane” Antenna
- “Holiday Gift” Antenna
IMPORTANT NOTE: You WILL NOT need to purchase any DLC to gain access to "Snow Day" or the "Winter Games" items, nor will you need the DLC to access the new "Wasteland" map that ships on the same day.
10:56 AM - November 25, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
This is guest content written by Marc Price. You can follow Marc on Twitter, listen to his Post Game Podcast, and read his work on Medium.
Today in our whirlwind tour of the NBA, we are taking a look at the NBA's Northwest Division. From the superstar laden Oklahoma City Thunder to the constantly rebuilding Minnesota Timberwolves to the dangerous Portland Trail Blazers.
In these guides we will look at the strategy for the first year as well as the first three years. Through this, we hope you get an idea of how you should approach managing and building each team in the game.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Northwest Division Team Breakdowns
The Need For Speed patch, which was detailed a couple of days ago, is available now. Everything you need to know about the patch, can be seen here.
Get in a few races and let us know what you think.
Tuesday, November 24, 2015
02:44 PM - November 24, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
If you’re an older gamer like myself, then you remember the reason(s) that got you into playing video games in the first place. Sure, there are a handful of auxiliary reasons, but for me it was the insane amount of fun and excitement they provided. As the gaming demographics have changed over the years, so have the expectations from the gaming community.
Now, not only do we ask the games be fun, but also incredibly realistic, both in look and play -- especially in regards to sports games. Fair or not, that’s the world each developer lives in these days, and any misstep (or four) can set your franchise back for years.
Read More - Why I Love to Play NBA Live 16
12:26 PM - November 24, 2015. Posted by Jhawkfootball06. Written by Steve Noah
Previously released for PlayStation 4 and PC users, NBA 2K16 patch #3 is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 2.1 GB. Get a few games in and post your thoughts!
Patch notes are below.
- Added support to view the uniform your opponent selects prior to starting a Play Now Online game.
- Flip Saunders patch added to Minnesota Timberwolves uniforms.
- A number of accuracy-based improvements have been made to classic team uniforms (07-08 Celtics, 99-00 Raptors, 05-06 Heat, etc.)
- A number of improvements have been made with the 2KTV viewing experience. Make sure and watch the latest episode for your chance to earn some easy VC!
- Improved the results of face scanning.
- Primary Jersey and Primary Shorts colors are now used to determine both accessory and sock colors when using custom-built uniforms.
- Certain materials were not properly appearing on user-edited shoes; this should be resolved.
- Fixed an issue where users would not join the Locker Room when accepting an invite while playing in a MyCAREER game.
- Corrected a disconnect issue that could happen when pausing and unpausing the game during online play.
- Fixed an issue in MyTEAM where players/items from the 99-00 Blazers were returning when searching for the Timberwolves in the Auction House.
- Resolved an issue where too much stamina would recover during timeouts (giving the effect that players never tired).
- Finally resolved an issue where players would not sweat appropriately in longer quarter lengths.
- Fixed a rare case where you would be unable to dismiss the quick sub menu when attempting to make a substitution.
- Found a case where the camera would be pointing towards the crowd at the tip-off of an overtime game.
- Corrected the Free Throw Difficulty slider, which was flipped. Make sure to update your custom sliders if you accounted for this on your end already.
- Outdoor sound effects should no longer play in indoor environments after having previously played a MyTEAM Gauntlet game.
- Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will have their playable status updated once the diagnosis is complete.
- Players who have not yet had their in-game injury diagnosed will correctly suffer from the effects of the actual injury.
- Players who pick up short term injuries (lasting only minutes long) should now have them properly removed when the remaining duration reaches zero during a game.
- Tuned the ‘hold ball too long’ event in the teammate grade logic to be a little more forgiving.
- Fixed an issue where you could be awarded ‘good foul’ in your teammate grade when fouling a three-point shooter.
- We no longer give an ‘allow offensive rebound’ teammate grade penalty after blocking an opponent’s shot.
- Addressed a movement issue that would cause players to twitch while in Deny states.
- Referees should no longer twitch during free throws.
- Pass receivers are now less likely to veer away from the basket to catch a pass.
- Improved CPU logic for when they should and should not use alley-oop passes.
- Reduced the defensive impact of defenders who are on their way down after a block attempt.
- Fixed a very rare case where a free throw shot would launch toward the wrong basket.
- Tuned body-up system to prevent sub-par defenders from being overly effective at stopping the ball handler.
- Fixed a frequent hitch in the dribble system seen when branching into certain dribble collisions.
- Tightened up ‘crowded’ dribble launches to prevent unwanted hesitations when attempting to drive to the basket.
- Fixed post-up double dribble and travel (pivot) issues.
- Tuned down excessive flopping being performed by AI players.
- Addressed the issue of ‘camping’ in MyPARK games by: 1) Disabling the set screen button within 6 feet of the basket, 2) Allowing users to initiate off-ball contact with screen setters near the rim, and 3) By adding offensive 3 seconds rule to half court games.
- Fixed a case that was causing passers to stop to throw a pass in the backcourt.
- Tuned the dribble system in order to tone down the effectiveness of behind-the-back dribble moves and ‘zig-zagging’ back and forth to get open.
- Improvements made to alley-oop defense.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent some contact layups from respecting the user’s desired finish direction.
- Reduced the frequency of unwanted contested shot fadeaways.
- Tweaks to errant pass frequency when passing out of double teams and contact shots.
- Made dive for loose balls more accurate and more likely to acquire the ball.
- Swapped out ‘Normal 13’ jump shot pullups per community feedback.
- Made low-rated shot blockers less accurate and capped their jumping verticals.
- Made decisions by the CPU to steal a pass more reasonable through tuning the frequencies in certain situations.
- Improvements to double team logic.
- Increased the difficulty in stealing the ball from post players.
- Improvements to logic system for when ‘ankle breakers’ should play and when they should not play.
- Fixed an issue in which points would not count for shots that go in after a flagrant foul call (i.e. And-1 on flagrants).
- Fixed a MyTEAM post move score exploit by better defining post shot scenarios.
- Added jam ups to spin layups to prevent the offense from barreling through heavy traffic.
- Improved CPU logic for when to hustle back in transition defense.
- Added a pop-up overlay to let the user know when the Adaptive Coaching Engine is changing their freelance offense.
- Adjusted freeland motion cut times and fixed an issue with swing freelance starting positions.
- Adjusted stationary hop jumper shooting percentages to make them a more viable option on offense.
- Tuned back the frequency of missed dunks in traffic.
- Fixed an issue where if someone called for an icon pick and got interrupted by a stealing defender, the ball handler was previously unable to pass the ball by any means for the remainder of the possession.
- Improvements to help defense and rotation logic.
- You now have the ability to design an ‘Away’ uniform for your Pro-Am team. The appropriate uniform will be worn depending on if your team is Home or Away for the current game.
- The correct overall rating for your MyPLAYER will now be shown on the Pro-Am loading screen.
- Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
- Accolades will now unlock based on your performances in custom arena Pro-Am games.
- A number of fixes have been applied to improve lineup building during the Pro-Am.
- Made CPU players that take over for quitting users less effective in Pro-Am.
- A Pro-Am game will end immediately with a win if all opposing players have quit out of the game.
- ‘Quit’ deterrents have been added to deter users from quitting out of Pro-Am games. Too many quits will result in the short term inability to play the mode.
- Removed the 10-second delay that would occur before the start of a game to 21 in MyPARK.
- Fixed an issue with the squad countdown timer displaying incorrectly when traveling between parks.
- Users can no longer celebrate when their opponent scores in 21.
- Camera flashes should no longer be seen in empty custom-arena matches. Progress further in your MyCAREER to draw more people to your Pro-Am games!
- Fixed a very rare issue where some users were reporting a hang when exiting their MyPARK.
- The ball should no longer get stuck to your MyPLAYER when celebrating in the park.
- Corrected an issue where some users were not receiving the correct amount of VC after winning a MyPARK Ante-Up game.
- Fixed an issue where stats would sometimes show as incorrect in the Game Recap following a Pro-Am game.
- Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to travel back to their home parks at the end of Rival Days due to travel restrictions.
- A large number of other MyPARK performance fixes and enhancements have been made to improve the overall experience.
- Fixed an issue where certain store rewards (from Connections) weren’t saving upon unlocking. Previously unlocked items should again show up as owned items.
- Added support for crowd members to hold up ‘big head’ posters of your MyPLAYER.
- Users should now start seeing ‘photobombs’ again once they reach their second NBA season in MyCAREER.
- Custom code added to prevent very similar shades of white/grey/black uniforms from being matched up automatically as part of the ‘alternate uniform night’ feature. This logic also applies to the MyGM/MyLEAGUE modes.
- Fixed a MyCAREER issue where your contact could inadvertently change after being traded between two teams.
- Improved PlayVision to better help you understand what you should be doing on offense in MyCAREER.
- Reduced the max amount of scheduled minutes your MyPLAYER can get to 38 (pro-rated) minutes. Actual playtime can vary based on game conditions, of course.
- MyPLAYERs who have retired from their NBA careers can now access their MyCOURTs.
- When not participating in a MyCOURT scrimmage, users can now freely walk around. Have fun.
- The game will no longer hang when attempting to equip the skateboard from the 2K Sports Store while in your MyCOURT.
- Sock length is now customizable for your MyPLAYER via the 2K Sports store.
- Tuned the fair market value for players; teams should now be signing players for the appropriate amount of money.
- Improved negotiation options when negotiating with Staff.
- Generated prospects should now have their own unique jumpshot animations, free throw animations, and signature size-ups. Note that this particular change will only work on GMs/LEAGUEs started post-patch.
- Improved support of the NBA’s new tie-breaker rules for Playoff seeding.
- Teams are now less likely to trade away newly signed players, specifically those signed to longer contracts.
- The League Realignment option will now appear during every offseason in MyLEAGUE, even if a team was not relocated during the current season.
- Location/Team-specific crowd chants have now been disabled for relocated teams (as they no longer apply).
- Support has been added for users who wish to use position lock with multiple controllers.
- Added playcalling support during Scrimmages.
- If a user has relocated or rebranded a team with new uniforms, those uniforms will be used for Summer League/Scrimmage/Freestyle rather than the team’s current practice uniforms.
- Players with the ‘Force 6th Man’ option turned on will no longer complain about wanting to be starters (and their expectation are adjusted accordingly).’
- Fixed an issue where changing your uniform for a Summer League game would result in the game being played in a non-Summer League environment.
- Injuries are now turned off during the Hoops Summit game in the offseason.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when jumping out of a game and into SimCast.
- Taking an invalid gameplan into a SimCast game will no longer cause the game to hang.
- Fixed an issue where hot spot player tendencies would get overwritten after changing them and leaving the Edit Player menu.
- Corrected an issue when using Player Lock where users would sometimes control all players, rather than just their own.
- Copying/Pasting/Deleting of gameplans should now function properly in MyLEAGUE Online.
- Trade Notifications in MyLEAGUE Online will now properly be deleted after being handled by the user.
- (PS4) Sony’s invite system can now be used to invite users to your MyLEAGUE Online.
- Corrected an issue that would cause the game to stutter during a MyLEAGUE Online fantasy draft when the timer would run out with auto-draft enabled.
- The calendar now displays scheduled user games when one falls on the same day as the Player Re-signing deadline.
- Fixed an issue where ‘Standing Shot Close’ would sometimes be errantly displayed multiple times in the Training Camp Results overlay.
- Added ‘Normalize Played to Sim Minutes’ and ‘Normalize Played to Sim Stats’ to MyGM settings. Give them a try.