How does the spiritual successor to the popular 90s game stack up thus far?
How do the game's ratings stack up?
Some ideas to make Madden more of a sim for the next year...
What is the formula the Patriots and Falcons used?
Operation Sports Content
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
09:37 AM - May 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest DiRT 4 gameplay trailer, featuring rallycross content across various classes and circuits, including Supercars racing at Lohéac Bretagne, Montalegre, Lydden Hill, Hell and Holjes. In addition to the Supercar class, DiRT 4 also has rallycross racing in RX2, Super 1600s, Group B classics and crosskarts making it a fully fledged rallycross experience.
DiRT 4 is scheduled to release on June 6 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Monday, May 22, 2017
03:04 PM - May 22, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Fraser Gilbert
Last month, I documented my first-time experiences with MLB The Show as a self-confessed “noob” of the series. Since then, I’ve spent most of my time in Road to the Show, embarking on a virtual career in a sport I’m not overly familiar with.
This is a recap of my first ever season in Road to the Show in MLB The Show 17. Prior to getting started, I opted for the zone hitting system, armed with the brilliantly accessible dynamic difficulty setting to aid my gradual progression both at the plate and in the field.
It was a season of highs, lows and endless discovery. Give it a read, let me know your thoughts and feel free to offer tips in the comments box below!
Read More - Road to the Show: A Noobs Journey in MLB The Show 17
05:53 AM - May 22, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS.MLB The Show 17 patch 1.07 is available now, weighing in at just over 47 MB. Check out the patch notes below and post your thoughts. Thanks FL1GHTMARE!
Sunday, May 21, 2017
03:09 PM - May 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18
- Press Row Podcast: NBA Playgrounds Review Roundtable
- NASCAR Heat 2 Announced, Arrives on September 12 - Cover Voting Has Begun
- Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced
- How to Build A Diamond Dynasty Squad on the Cheap in MLB The Show 17
- Some PES 2018 Features, Screenshots & Teaser Trailer Revealed, Releases September 12
- F1 2017 Announced with New Trailer and Details - Releases on August 25
- NBA Playgrounds: A New Take on Street-Style Basketball
- Madden NFL 17 Championship Recap
- More PES 2018 Features and Details Revealed
- Tennis World Tour Arrives in 2018, Ultra-Realistic Sim From Former Top Spin 4 Team
- WRC 7 Announced, Arrives in August For Xbox One, PS4 & PC - New Trailer
- DiRT 4 Trailer - Be Fearless
- AFL Evolution: What Is It and How to Play It
- How McLaren’s Chief Test-Driver Chris Goodwin Changed the Feel For Project CARS 2
- Official MLB The Show 17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (5-19)
- Diamond Dynasty Update: You Can Now Complete the Ken Griffey Jr. Program
09:01 AM - May 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA Playgrounds patch 1.10 is available now for PC users, check out the patch notes below. The patch is currently being certified on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Switch, so we should see it fairly soon.
- Added: The Challenge Mode feature, which allows you to challenge other players to online matches
- You can now switch between unranked challenges and ranked games in the online mode
- To challenge another player, you must switch to the challenge mode in the online menu and define a challenge code. By default, your challenge code is your nickname, but you can change it to your own, personal code. The person you are challenging must enter your code.
- If you have been challenged, please enter your challenger’s code and press “Accept”.
- All challenges are unranked and your ranking/ELO will be unaffected by the results of the challenge.
- Added: Toxicity system/Disconnection Manager, which penalizes players who abandon matches in any other way than surrendering
- Added: 5 new versions of Shaquille O´Neal in various teams from his career (Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic)
- Added: 15 new players join the roster
- The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich
- Added: A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.
- Added: Steam Cloud Save support
- Added: Steam Big Picture keyboard management
- Adjusted: Shots were adjusted to make the system more accessible and unified throughout all variations
- Adjusted: The steal action was adjusted further to better fit the intended gameplay
- It is now possible to perform a steal action when behind an opponent
- Changed: 3 pointers no longer fill lottery pick bar
- Increased: The difficulty of 3 pointers was increased
- Reduced: The number of steals required for the Las Vegas Challenge #2 was reduced to 10 (was 15)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Paris Challenge #4 was reduced to 6 (was 7)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the London Challenge #1 was reduced to 6 (was 10)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Las Vegas Challenge #3 was reduced to 8 (was 12)
- Reduced: The inbound time was reduced to adjust it to the overall style of the game
- Fixed: Issues related to the strength of the force feedback effects were addressed
08:22 AM - May 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The first off-screen NBA Live 18 screenshot has been revealed, via Chris Denker. By the looks of it, NBA Live 18 was shown to a select few (some of them had their face scanned into the game), so we might hear some details come from it soon.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
11:57 AM - May 20, 2017. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
The Veteran Legend Ken Griffey Jr. card has been released in the Ticket Counter, which means people who pre-ordered MLB The Show 17 and already have Rookie Legend Ken Griffey Jr. can now (in theory) complete the Diamond Program to unlock the MVP Legend Ken Griffey Jr. (99 overall). The Diamond Program tied to this MVP Griffey card still takes many other steps, and you will need to be Gold level 1 and have 5,000 Tickets to purchase the Veteran Griffey, but at least some folks out there who had been grinding and waiting for this card to be released should now be able to snag one of the best cards in the game. If you don't currently have the Rookie Griffey, the developers at Sony San Diego have said the card will be released at some point, we just don't have a date as of yet.
There was also a roster update and a new Bases Loaded pack released (5,000 Stubs, limited to three per person). The Bases Loaded pack actually has solid value this time around as you're guaranteed at least two standard packs, plus one of the old promo packs or a 10, 20 or 50 pack bundle of standard packs. So in theory you could get 52 packs for 5,000 Stubs.
In terms of the roster update, it was a relatively tame one this week, but we still have some players moving between tiers:
Diamond: Craig Kimbrel (92)
Gold: Greg Holland (87), Lance McCullers (85)
Silver: Felipe Rivero (82), Eduardo Rodriguez (80)
Bronze: Erasmo J. Ramirez (74), Justin Smoak (73), Zach Efflin (72), Matt Albers (72), James Hoyt (71), Chris Taylor (70), Tommy Pham (70), Joe Kelly (70)
Carlos Correa and Zach Greinke also became stronger Golds this week.
Silver: Masahiro Tanaka (82)
Common: Ross Stripling (69), Jarred Cosart (66)
In addition, Rich Hill became a weaker Gold, and Edwin Diaz became a weaker Silver.
Friday, May 19, 2017
05:13 PM - May 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The official MLB The Show 17 roster update is available now. Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes, we've listed some of the overall changes below.
- Craig Kimbrel+4 (92)
- Zack Greinke +1 (89)
- Carlos Correa +2 (87)
- Greg Holland +3 (87)
- Rich Hill -1 (86)
- Lance McCullers +1 (85)
- Kevin Pillar +4 (84)
- Trevor Rosenthal +3 (84)
- Adam Duvall +3 (83)
- Matt Bush+8 (83)
- Alex Wood +3 (83)
- Brian McCann +3 (83)
- Masahiro Tanaka -4 (82)
- Felipe Rivero +3 (82)
- Evan Gattis +1 (81)
- Edwin Diaz -3 (80)
- Eduardo Rodriguez +3 (80)
- Fry, Paul - BAL
- Infante, Gregory - CHW
- Machi, Jean - FA
- Lombardozzi, Steve - MIA
- Gallegos, Giovanny - NYY
- Wahl, Bobby - OAK
- Pagan, Emilio - SEA
- Powell, Boog - SEA
- Moreno, Diego - TAM
- Stanek, Ryne - TAM
- BibensDirkx, Austin - TEX
- LF Trey Mancini moved from Orioles Bench to Orioles Position.
- C Welington Castillo moved from Orioles Minors to Orioles Position.
- CP Dellin Betances moved from Yankees Relief to Yankees Closer.
- CP Aroldis Chapman moved from Yankees Closer to Yankees Minors.
- SP Blake Snell moved from Rays Starting to Rays Minors.
- SP Francisco Liriano moved from Blue Jays Starting to Blue Jays Minors.
- SP Mike Bolsinger moved from Blue Jays Minors to Blue Jays Starting.
- SS Troy Tulowitzki moved from Blue Jays Minors to Blue Jays Position.
- 1B Steve Pearce moved from Blue Jays Bench to Blue Jays Minors.
- RF J.D. Martinez moved from Tigers Minors to Tigers Position.
- CF Andrew Romine moved from Tigers Bench to Tigers Position.
- SP Jharel Cotton moved from A's Starting to A's Minors.
- SP Sean Manaea moved from A's Minors to A's Starting.
- RP Steve Cishek moved from Mariners Minors to Mariners Relief.
- RP Edwin Diaz moved from Mariners Closer to Mariners Relief.
- CP Tony Zych moved from Mariners Relief to Mariners Closer.
- CF Carlos Gomez moved from Rangers Position to Rangers Minors.
- SS Adeiny Hechavarria moved from Marlins Position to Marlins Minors.
- RP Matt Albers moved from Nationals Closer to Nationals Relief.
- CP Shawn Kelley moved from Nationals Minors to Nationals Closer.
- CP Jeurys Familia moved from Mets Closer to Mets Minors.
- CP Addison Reed moved from Mets Relief to Mets Closer.
- SP Eddie Butler moved from Cubs Minors to Cubs Starting.
- RP Mike Montgomery moved from Cubs Starting to Cubs Relief.
- SP Amir Garrett moved from Reds Minors to Reds Starting.
- 3B David Freese moved from Pirates Minors to Pirates Position.
- RF Stephen Piscotty moved from Cardinals Minors to Cardinals Position.
- SS Jhonny Peralta moved from Cardinals Minors to Cardinals Bench.
- SP Zack Godley moved from D'backs Minors to D'backs Starting.
- CF Andrew Toles moved from Dodgers Position to Dodgers Minors.
- SP Kenta Maeda moved from Dodgers Starting to Dodgers Minors.
- SP Hyun-Jin Ryu moved from Dodgers Minors to Dodgers Starting.
- SP Rich Hill moved from Dodgers Minors to Dodgers Starting.
- CF Denard Span moved from Giants Minors to Giants Position.
- SS Brandon Crawford moved from Giants Minors to Giants Position.
04:43 PM - May 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Discover why the McLaren 720S supercar in Project Cars 2 will be the closest you can get to driving the real thing. This episode details the painstaking process behind the in-game development of the new McLaren 720S by McLaren’s chief test driver, Chris Goodwin, to ensure the virtual driving experience matches up to the exacting standards of McLaren’s performance vehicles.
The Built By Drivers series dives deep into the process of the game’s development featuring the professional drivers and the amazing talent that together make Project CARS 2 the most realistic and technically advanced racing simulator in the world.
Project CARS 2 will be available late 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam.
Read More - How One Final Session with McLaren’s Chief Test-Driver Chris Goodwin Changed The Feel of Projects CARS 2
04:31 PM - May 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Guest Post
This is a special article from guest contributor and OS user Smirkin Dirk.
Australian football. For us Australians, it arouses passions only seen in love and war. For Americans, it is that weird sport that sometimes makes the Sportscenter Top 10. Greater Melbourne has roughly the same population as greater San Francisco, and we sustain 10 professional teams. The teams average between 25,000-50,000 fans per game, and the TV rights to the league were sold for $2.5 billion. 30 years ago, the league was rooted in suburban rivalries with rotting facilities and creditors kicking down doors. It is now a slick, monetized TV product with indoor dome stadiums, kiss cams and analysts using telestrators.
With one glaring exception.
Read More - AFL Evolution: What Is It and How to Play It
Codemasters and Deep Silver have released their DiRT 4 Be Fearless trailer, featuring real life rally drivers discussing how they overcome fear on the track and how they push themselves to be the best. DiRT 4 is is scheduled to release on June 6 for PC and consoles.
DiRT 4 puts you at the wheel of some of the world’s most iconic and powerful off-road vehicles as you test yourself against the road and the elements in a battle against the clock. There is also multicar racing in rallycross and landrush where you will have to be brave and fast in order to take the chequered flag.
World renowned rally driver Kris Meeke, who worked as a handling consultant on DiRT 4 commented, “You have to forget about the fear factor. It’s purely about winning or losing. That’s the real special element in rally.”
Two time FIA World Rallycross champion and DiRT 4 handling consultant Petter Solberg said, “If you believe in yourself a lot, you know you will jump in the car again and be fast... I won three races in a row after probably the biggest ever accident in rally. It’s about how much you want it.”
Featuring two different handling models, Gamer and Simulation, DiRT 4 offers both depth and accessibility for players old and new to the franchise. The game’s innovative Your Stage system allows you to produce a near infinite number of unique rally stages at the touch of a button. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
Thursday, May 18, 2017
08:20 PM - May 18, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Kylotonn has announced WRC 7, scheduled to arrive in August for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the trailer here, featuring some pre-alpha footage, along with some WRC broadcast footage.
WRC 7 is the official game of the 2017 FIA World Rally Championship, featuring the latest cars, teams and drivers, along with the latest WRC tracks and much more. Read the full interview at RedBull.
What new features and updates can we expect to see in WRC 7? What’s new in the game that you are most excited about?
Special attention was put on the rally experience for this new opus of WRC game. The level design of stages has been redefined for a more intense driving experience. Roads are bumpier, borders are closer and more dangerous. This year’s version of the game also introduces Epic stages: very long stages providing up to 15 minutes of gameplay. The skills and concentration of rally fans will be pushed to their limits. But the most exciting aspect is that the player will discover all those new challenging environments, the 13 official countries of the WRC, by driving the new WRC 2017 cars, which are more powerful, more agile and more aggressive than previous WRC cars.
Have you added any new cars or teams to the game?
All the new WRC 2017 cars are included: there’s a Toyota Yaris, Citroën C3, Hyundai i20 and a Ford Fiesta, and new teams have also been added in WRC7. It’s the same for new junior-WRC cars, which runs with a Ford Fiesta R2 this year. We've also worked on a special bonus car, and rally fans will love it.
Have you placed more emphasis on realism or fun, and how do you strike a balance?
In our game developing process, we first setup a simulation behaviour for more realism, then we develop control aids to provide a wide range of handling possibilities for the player. Keep in mind that, more than ever, the new WRC 2017 cars are more powerful and agile in real life, and they realistically provide more fun.
11:58 AM - May 18, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
(Above screenshot is from Top Spin 4 on Xbox 360)
Bigben and Breakpoint have just announced Tennis World Tour, scheduled to arrive in 2018 on consoles and PC. The experienced team behind the Top Spin license are working on the game and promise it to be an ultra-realistic simulation of the sport.
Read the full press release below, more information is scheduled to arrive during Gamescom 2017.
BIGBEN AND BREAKPOINT STUDIO ANNOUNCE TENNIS WORLD TOUR
Bigben and Breakpoint are pleased to announce Tennis World Tour, the new standard for tennis games, due for release in 2018 on consoles and PC.
In order to make the best possible game and match players' expectations, the studio has brought in an experienced team which has worked on the "Top Spin" license.
Pierre André, Game Designer on Tennis World Tour and former Producer on "Top Spin 4": "For years we've wanted to create a new tennis game, a spiritual successor to "Top Spin 4". Technical evolutions now mean we can create the ultra-realistic simulation that we've been dreaming of."
Benoît Clerc, Director of Video Games at Bigben: "We are proud to give to all tennis fans a game worthy of their enthusiasm. The level of quality, wealth of content and game mechanics will ensure Tennis World Tour is one of the best sport simulations on the market."
This desire to provide a faithful tennis simulation translates into demanding gameplay during rally, a wide range of playing styles and a strategic preparation that influences the course of each match.
In addition to that, Tennis World Tour lets you experience the career of a professional: more than 30 playable tennis stars including Roger Federer, Gaël Monfils, Angelique Kerber, Garbiñe Muguruza and many more.
10:34 AM - May 18, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Konami has updated their PES 2018 website to include more details on the game. If you missed it yesterday, Konami revealed a teaser trailer, screenshots, release date and a few other things.
- The world renowned gameplay quality has been finely tuned and refined to recreate the authenticity of the beautiful game, including a more realistic game speed.
- Strategic Dribbling gives the user significantly more control in possession, with the addition of contextual shielding to protect the ball, as well as simple stick controls triggering realistic, subtle movements to wrong foot defenders.
- Real Touch+ adds a new dimension to ball control, with full body touch allowing various parts of the body to control the ball based on the unpredictability of the ball movement.
- Set pieces have been reworked with a new Free Kick and Penalty Kick system, alongside the option to choose the new one player kick off.
- Realistic visuals recreate the authenticity of football, all the way down to the finer details thanks to Real Capture.
- The benefits include true-to-life stadium lighting for day and night matches, pitch turfs and player tunnels that were recreated from more than 20,000 intricate elements of genuine data that was collected at the Camp Nou and Signal Iduna Park.
- Players have been motion captured in equally realistic environments, allowing for a complete rework of the animation system, starting with core movement such as walking, turning and body posture.
- Additionally, player models have been completely changed, with special attention paid to kit fitting and short size.
- Players photo scanned from partner teams will receive full body tattoos.
A new mode dedicated to 2v2 and 3v3 co-op play, with support for local guests. Play together with friends, take your team to the top or simply have some fun via one-off casual matches.
NEW MODES FEATURES
The fan favorite RANDOM SELECTION MATCH returns with new presentation and features. Experience life as manager in MASTER LEAGUE with pre-season tournaments, an improved transfer system and new presentation elements, including pre-match interviews and locker room scenes.
New UI for all menus and real player images for gamey screen and myClub, as well as new in-game presentation giving the game a new broadcast feel.
PES LEAGUE INTEGRATION
Compete in PES League in new modes including myClub, Random Selection Match and Online co-op.
SIGNIFICANT PC IMPROVEMENTS
PC Steam version undergoes substantial enhancements in graphics and content, meeting quality standards and ensuring parity across all current gen platforms.
09:55 AM - May 18, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Daniel Owens
Sixteen of the top Madden 17 players locked up in Burbank, CA this past weekend for their shot at $150,000, a title belt that would make The Rock blush and the right to call themselves Madden 17 Champion. Before the weekend was over, a total of $500,000 would be given away to the top-32 players.
Read More - Madden NFL 17 Championship Recap (Written by: Daniel Owens)