Operation Sports Content
Friday, August 28, 2015
04:21 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NHL 16 EA Access trial is scheduled to arrive on September 10 and give subscribers 10 hours of gameplay.
With Madden NFL 16, Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR and Battlefield Hardline setting the pace, along with FIFA 16 confirmed for September 17, it looks like 10 hour trials for EA Access subscribers will be the new standard.
04:06 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
Hey everyone, hopefully the video above explains everything, but in short, we want to do a weekly rundown of some of the best highlights from the Operation Sports community.
The video would generally go live on a Friday if everything works out. If it doesn't work out weekly, then we'll go to every other week or every month. We'll be doing something similar for the other sports games as well when they come out.
If you want to submit a highlight:
Send an email to: OperationSportsYT AT gmail.com -- provide a YouTube URL or a URL to the place where we can download the clip.
Also feel free to include your name, a title for the video, and any other info you think might be needed (ex. game-winning touchdown in my CFM Super Bowl).
Hope you guys will submit some videos. If you don't, then just know I still love you all even when you disappoint me.
02:56 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has released their NHL 16 player ratings for the top 10 goalies in the game, along with screenshots of each one of them in action.
The team looked at a goalie's reflexes, puck control, and athletic ability when deciding their overall rating. Check them out below and post your thoughts.
1. Carey Price - (Overall - 94)
2. Henrik Lundqvist - (Overall - 93)
3. Jonathan Quick - (Overall - 93)
4. Tuukka Rask - (Overall - 92)
5. Pekka Rinne - (Overall - 92)
6. Braden Holtby - (Overall - 91)
7. Sergei Bobrovsky - (Overall - 90)
8. Cory Schneider - (Overall - 90)
9. Semyon Varlamov - (Overall - 89)
10. Frederik Andersen - (Overall - 89)
02:36 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Draft Champions is the newest feature in Madden NFL 16, and we're curious to know what you think about the new mode. Have you tried it out yet? Let us know if you have and what you thought of it!
Vote in our poll and leave a comment on if you plan to use Draft Champions or not throughout your Madden play-time!!!
01:27 PM - August 28, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Madden NFL 16 is a game where I have faced mixed emotions playing it. On one hand, the gameplay has arrived in every way now, and can be put amongst any other game in our genre in terms of great-playing sports games.
On the other hand, funky design decisions and truly bad bugs really hamper the experience in the gameís main mode: Franchise.
That always brings a tension in reviewing a game. It's brilliant but left wondering why some decisions were simply made.
With all of that said, Madden NFL 16 is the best football game youíve ever played, and the experience is generally becoming one that can be described as great.
Read More - Madden NFL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)
11:44 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 146th episode of the Press Row Podcast is our official Madden 16 Review Roundtable. The show is actually another two-parter; up first, host Rich Grisham is joined by Madden Creative Director Mike Young and Assistant Producer Jake Stein to talk about this year's opening cinematic. The three chat about how it came together, the thought process behind it, and the challenges experienced at launch. Up next, Rich is joined by Owen Good, Bryan Wiedey, Chris Sanner, T.J. Lauerman, and Gus Ramsey to explore Madden 16 in depth. It's one of our most popular episodes each year!
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre and Hit The Pass (@pastapadre)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Chris Sanner, Operation Sports (@ChrisSnr)
- Gus Ramsey, ESPN (@GusRamsey)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Mike Young, EA Sports (@MichaelYoungCD)
- Jake Stein, EA Sports (@JStein2469)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, Hit The Pass (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while youíre there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 2 Hours, 11 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
11:42 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
Itís that time of year again...EAís latest version of Madden is upon us. If youíre a football fan there is no better time, and if youíre a video game football fan itís, at the very least, an interesting and engaging time. The developers of Madden have gone on record that they truly understand the repetitive on-field issues that have plagued the Madden series over the last decade, and have promised the fan base to do all they can to eradicate them. Now having spent a solid 20 hours with the newest title, I take a look at just how realistic a game of football Madden 16 is on the gridiron. After all, football is a difficult game to faithfully recreate.
Read More - Madden NFL 16: Analyzing the AI
11:32 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Shut it Down Diamond Dynasty packs are available now, and throughout the weekend, for MLB 15 The Show costing 10,000 stubs.
Each pack contains 3 player cards from the best relievers and closers. You are guaranteed 1 Gold card or higher with 10 times the chance of receiving a diamond.
Below is a list of players available in packs:
- Craig Kimbrel
- Dellin Betances
- Aroldis Chapman
- Wade Davis
- Koji Uehara
- David Robertson
- Trevor Rosenthal
- Zach Britton
- Andrew Miller
- Cody Allen
- Ken Giles
- Drew Storen
- Glen Perkins
- Darren O'Day
- Mark Melancon
- Roberto Osuna
- Kevin Siegrist
- Carson Smith
- Tony Watson
- Junichi Tazawa
- Francisco Rodriguez
- Pedro Baez
- AJ Ramos
- Sergio Romo
- Hector Rondon
- Justin Wilson
- Jeurys Familia
- Joe Smith
- Shawn Tolleson
- Pedro Strop
- Josh Fields
- Luke Gregerson
- Will Harris
- Andrew Chafin
- Hunter Strickland
- Fernando Rodriguez
- Blaine Hardy
- Keone Kela
- Alex Wilson
- Sean Gilmartin
- Will Smith
- Zach McAllister
- Shawn Kelley
- Jeremy Jeffress
- Brad Brach
- Travis Wood
- Mark Lowe
- Brian Matusz
- Liam Hendriks
- Franklin Morales
09:08 AM - August 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 trailer, featuring all 10 skaters in the game. For those of you that haven't been following along with the title, you can choose from the following skaters:
- Tony Hawk
- Riley Hawk
- Chris Cole
- David Gonzalez
- Lizzie Armanto
- Nyjah Huston
- Leticia Bufoni
- Andrew Reynolds
- Aaron "Jaws" Homoki
- Ishod Wair
Start out by selecting your location (beach, skatepark, school, warehouse, and a super-secret locale), select the size of your park (small, medium, large) and start designing your park.
THPS 5 comes out on September 29 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and November 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. You can pre-order it now. For more Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 news, screenshots and videos, check out this page.
Thursday, August 27, 2015
10:22 PM - August 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Danny Webster
The point of Madden NFL 16 this year, plain and simple, is to "be the playmaker."
It's been obvious ever since Odell Beckham Jr., was named the cover athlete many months ago. Receivers were about to get their time to shine in Madden, even if it meant certain receivers coming down with never-before-seen catches and them appearing to look overpowered in the game.
Read More - Madden NFL 16: Offensive Gameplay Breakdown
10:11 PM - August 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
For many athletes, playing defense isnít nearly as fun as offensive. The same holds true for many gamers, myself included, more so when it comes to Madden. In the past, defensive efforts felt like going through the motions and that the user had little control over the outcome. Part of that is only being able to control one out of the 11 players on the field, sure, and to a large extent thereís only so much a developer can do to give the user a greater sense of control. With Madden 16, I think EA Sports has made great strides in this department.
Read More - Madden NFL 16: Defensive Gameplay Breakdown
07:29 PM - August 27, 2015. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
EA has unveiled the changes for NHL's Ultimate Team (HUT) mode. The major change is that single-player seasons will now be a thing.
This should come as no surprise for those out there who play Ultimate Team a lot as single-player seasons are in some of the other Ultimate Team modes as well. In short, the folks working on NHL 16's Ultimate Team just want to try and keep their mode in parity with the others out there.
NHL 16 will be released on September 15 in North America.
Source - NHL 16 HUT (EA Sports)
06:16 PM - August 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
After giving away a free Baseball is Better Diamond Dynasty pack (valued at 15,000 stubs) for MLB 15 The Show fans last week, the team is giving away 2 free packs this week.
Simply log into Diamond Dynasty and receive one Gold Sponsor pack and one random pack (valued at 12,000 stubs) from the list below:
- Devís Choice
- April Topps 50
- May Topps 50
- June Topps 50
- July Topps 50
- Heavy Hitters
- Trades and Rumors
- All I Do Is Win
Let us know what you grabbed in your packs.
The team has also made some improvements to the economic landscape of the marketplace, which include:
- Reintroducing Limited Time Equipment: "Stars and Stripes" and "Camo" equipment will be back in circulation for an indefinite amount of time. We always wanted to bring it back sometime, so why not now? Lots of limited time equipment was stock piled on troll accounts that have been banned, so we need more back in circulation anyway.
- Cap on Stub Balance and Order Amount: We are setting a Stub Balance Cap at 10 million Stubs. If you had played 24 hours a day since the game launched you still would not have even a tenth of this cap. We are also reducing anyone with over 10 million Stubs to 10 million. This will put a ceiling on the negative affect any one troll could have on the marketplace and it only affects about .01% (1% of 1%) of users. The few affected will get a super awesome package of packs. We also have placed a cap on the max transaction amount to prevent outrageous orders that have no business being on the marketplace.
- Buy-Order Reset: In order to properly apply the Stub Balance Cap mentioned above, we have reset all Buy-Orders on the marketplace, returning posted Stubs to their owners.
- Marketplace Caps: transactions cannot exceed 500k Stubs. This happened a few days ago.
06:05 PM - August 27, 2015. Posted by grodbetatted. Written by Steve Noah
The NBA Live Stream Team have posted a video interview with the Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio.
There are some audio issues at the beginning, but it clears up later on. Mrprice33 has given us an update on some of the details mentioned below, but watch and listen to the interview here.
- The gameplay here is from Live 15
- Editing talk at about 15:30- Sean said "I want to take the responsibility to ensure that the 450 or so players in the game and the things happening with them is accurate."
- At 17:00 he talks about the tip-off going straight to the PG. Will remain the same for 16 but they want to get it fixed for 17.
- Goal is to have roster updates at least once weekly for ratings, equipment, etc. "If anything major happens it'll be updated the next day."
- 20:00 is talk about AI improvements, Live Motion, team sets, etc. Heavy investment on AI improvements on offense and defense. "Haven't had a Live game where you can guard the basketball as well as in 16." Says that teams like the Warriors will play a lot faster and have a unique identity.
- 22 minutes or so is ratings talk. Erika says that 90+ ratings are reserved for superstars, and that there's a bigger drop off between them and stars/rotation players/etc
- 29 minutes: multiple versions of players for LUT. 93 Larry Bird is different from Legend Larry Bird. Rookie LeBron.
- 32 minutes: can deny the ball this year, lot of work with defensive AI, players recognize when they are 1 or 2 passes away. Can't barrel over helpside defenders and get to the rim, more jostling and dribble bumps, more turnovers in paint.
- 34:30: cannot fake dribble handoff, but it's defensible with coverages like pick and roll. Sean mentions that they've shown gameplay and will show it again on demo day. Seems to indicate no more raw gameplay footage.
- Then at around 37 minutes he says there is something coming next week with raw gameplay. So do with that what you will.
- 42 minutes talks about transition play, different per team, spacing is better with hit ahead and shooters finding the corners. Manual boxing out is in the game, get rewarded for it in teammate grade in Live Run/Summer Circuit.
- 45 minutes: When asked if there have been any improvements to dynasty, Sean says that it's better but there has been no real innovation there this year, something they want to focus on for 17. Pivots to Pro-Am as real focus for this year, along with controls and gameplay.
- 49 minutes: 6 different cameras this year, new default camera, hybrid between baseline and sideline camera.
05:01 PM - August 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K16 is introducing over 1,500 tattoo designs that you can move, scale, rotate and layer onto your MyPLAYER. Fans will be able to apply tattoos to the chest, back, neck, legs and arms.
Check out the video here, or on YouTube at a higher resolution here.