Vote for your favorites from 2014!
A look at managing finances in FIFA 15.
Metalhead's Baseball title is a smashing success...
How to take the Pistons to the promised land.
Operation Sports Content
Monday, December 22, 2014
02:51 PM - December 22, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
It's that time of the year again! The annual Stevies are going to go off without a hitch (we hope) with reader voting now open! The 2014 Sports Gaming Year was a pretty good one, despite the launch day issues many titles seemed to struggle with.
It was as if every title was bent on starting as slow as possible before finally arriving at a level that'd best be described as 'good' by the end of this year.
This year, we are voting on three categories for the end of the year awards: Sports Game of the Year, The Indie/Arcade Sports Game of the Year, and the Best New Feature of 2014. Cast your ballot and be sure to check back the first week of the new year to find out who the winners are!
Vote for Sports Game of the Year
Vote for the Indie/Arcade Sports Game of the Year
Vote for the Best New Feature of 2014
10:30 AM - December 22, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Konami has added more than 1,500 new players to their mobile PES Manager app. You can download it for free on iOS and Android devices.
1. Gather Player Badges!
Photographs of players from European leagues are featured as Player Badges with an amazing initial line-up of over 1,500 players!
Prize Draw helps you collect those badges in the game. You need to use Friend Points (free) or Energy Balls (available for purchase) to play this feature. Get a hold of your favorite players and create your very own original team!
2. Take on the pitch!
Once you have Player Badges, set the formation with them, and 3D characters race across the field in heated matches.
Player Badges that have Special Skills unleash super plays!
The higher the level of Excitement is when you win a match, the more rewards you can earn! For a start, try to collect Experience Points.
Try Friendly Matches to receive Friend Points. You can use those points for playing Prize Draw.
3. Build up your team!
Train players to reach the full potential of your team!
You can increase certain abilities with special badges that are obtained by participating in various matches such as: Challenge Matches, Skill Matches, and Special Matches.
PES MANAGER is a free-to-play app. No purchases are required. The purchase of in-game Energy Balls can speed up game-play but ALL players can play the entire game for free. Energy Ball purchases can help fill out a formation which can be advantageous to various matches. In-app purchases can be disabled by "limiting in-app purchases" on players' devices.
Read the full press release below.
KONAMI Adds More Than 1,500 New Players to Popular
PES MANAGER Mobile Gaming App
PES MANAGER Mobile Gaming App
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announces that its PES MANAGER mobile soccer gaming app will be updated with new players as the new 2014-2015 season starts.
PES MANAGER is available now for iOS and Android platforms in more than 54 countries worldwide and recently achieved more than 7 million downloads since launching in May 2014.
As the new soccer season kicks off in Europe, the superstars that are available in PES MANAGER have also been updated based on the season rosters for 2014/15. The new players also bring with them brand-new uniforms and skillsets to keep users at the top of their game. Also, as a limited time offer, users will receive a special item upon logging into the game.
The updates to the game include the availability of a group of national player badges called “National Dream Greats” (NDG) and the even stronger “National Dream STARS” (NDS), which are available in the game from teams such as Germany, Spain, Brazil and more. In addition, as the season moves forward, a group of players from UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE called the “Champions League STARS” will be added as well. With these updates, users will be able to enjoy PES MANAGER with the latest sensations in line with the latest European soccer trends.
About PES MANAGER
PES MANAGER is the global version for the casual soccer simulation mobile game app known as “World Soccer Collection S”. The game offers users a chance to collect famous players from around the globe to create a dream team with the goal to win full-scale soccer game matches in Konami’s soccer simulation for mobile devices.
The game features more than 1,500 player badges with real pictures of the European soccer players. The matches in the game are presented in 3D. Users can watch their players as they perform in game, where players’ special skills can be activated at certain points during matches and the abilities shown through their unique movements. Also, the matches are presented with real voice-overs.
09:44 AM - December 22, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA Live 15 roster update has arrived this morning, but it doesn't include the Rajon Rondo or Corey Brewer trade. It does include quite a few new shoes and uniforms. When EA releases the blog with full details, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.
UPDATE: We have received a list of shoe updates,you can see them below.
Sunday, December 21, 2014
12:09 PM - December 21, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- The Golf Club on Sale For $13.99 on Steam - Ends Sunday at 1:00 PM EST
- Driveclub Game Update 1.09 Available Now, Details Included
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (12-20-14) - Includes Corey Brewer Trade
- NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For Xbox One
- Get Bruce Lee For Free in EA Sports UFC From December 22, 2014 to January 5, 2015
- The Golf Club Feature Update #2 Available Now - Details Included
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (12-19-14) - Includes Rajon Rondo Trade
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (12-18-14) - Russell Westbrook Joins 90 Club
- Madden NFL 15 Week 16 Roster Update Available Now - Rob Gronkowski & J.J. Watt 99 OVR
- EA Sports UFC Available Now, Free For EA Access Subscribers
- The Handicap System Explained For The Golf Club
- NBA 2K15 Adds Christmas, Pride and Cavaliers Alternate Uniforms
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (12-16-14)
- 2K Announces New Free Agent Isaiah Austin in NBA 2K15
- The Golf Club on Sale For $20.99 on PS4 Until December 23, $24.49 For PC Until Jan. 2
- First WWE 2K15 DLC Available Today
- Forza Horizon 2 Storm Island Expansion DLC Arrives Tomorrow, Check Out the Videos
- PES 2015 Data Pack 2 Scheduled to Release Tomorrow, Details Included
Featured Articles and Media
- Dual Threat Podcast - Season 3: Bowl Week 1
- Press Row Podcast - Sports Game of the Year
- From Worst to First: Turning Around the Knicks in NBA 2K15
- Achieving Your Ideal Squad Balance
- FIFA 15 Beginners Guide: Youth Players
- How to Make Madden Play More Realistic Defense
- The Future of Sports Gaming Roster Updates
- FIFA 15 Beginners Guide: Player Wages and Contracts
- FIFA 15 Beginners Guide: Career Mode Finances
- Some Tips On Playing Super Mega Baseball
- From Worst to First: Detroit Pistons
- Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)
Saturday, December 20, 2014
03:39 PM - December 20, 2014. Posted by nvinceable1.
The Golf Club is currently 60% off on Steam. You can purchase it for $13.99 until 1:00 PM EST tomorrow.
12:33 PM - December 20, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another Driveclub game update has arrived this morning, bringing it up to version 1.09. This was a minor update, details below.
11:18 AM - December 20, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.
Check out the changes for this mornings roster update below.
NOTE: If you have a roster update request, please post it in this thread (comments will be locked for individual roster updates from now on). The requests in this thread, should be exclusively in reference to inaccuracies in specific jersey team colors, player accessories, shoes, jersey numbers, player information, rotations, contracts, and missing players. The thread is NOT meant to discuss player attributes/tendencies/badges/art changes.
Today’s roster update includes updates for all injuries, lineups and rotations reflecting the most recent games.
It also includes the trade that went down yesterday with the Minnesota Timberwolves sending Corey Brewer to the Houston Rockets in exchange for Troy Daniels. The update also includes Alexey Shved headed to the Houston Rockets and Ronny Turiaf to the Philadelphia 76ers.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)
10:52 AM - December 20, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In this episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode discuss the 2014-15 Bowl Season, whether there is such a thing as too much football, where Jim Harbaugh should coach next season, and which Heisman Trophy winner will have the better NFL career; Oregon's Marcus Mariota or FSU's Jameis Winston.
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys every Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
09:14 AM - December 20, 2014. Posted by OnQore. Written by Steve Noah
NBA Live 15 title update #2 has finally arrived this morning for Xbox One users. It includes Christmas uniforms and weighs in at 3.7 GB. The same patch was released for PlayStation 4 users on December 12th.
Let us know what you are seeing. Details for title update #2 have been posted below.
Synergy will affect rosters both offline and online. If a player doesn't dress, he will not be available in online or offline Play Now. This will not affect Dynasty, Rising Star or Ultimate Team.
NEW PLAYER HEAD SCANS
Added 15 scanned player heads including:
- Noah Vonleh
- Shabazz Napier
- Gary Harris
- Elfrid Payton
- Zach LaVine
- Dario Saric
- James Young
- Nik Stauskas
- T.J. Warren
- Doug McDermott
Added uniforms that teams will wear on Christmas Day
LIVE ULTIMATE TEAM
More than 50 bug fixes, as well as an improved interface for LUT Fantasy Challenges. Also added Quicksell Value view to Items, as well as Pack Bundles.
Adjustments to three-point shooting percentage and effectiveness, for both CPU and User controlled teams.
Tuned collisions and contests when driving the lane and going up for a layup for more varied results. Expect more misses if there is heavy contact in the paint.
SIGNATURE JUMPERS AND FREE THROW ROUTINES
Added more authentic shooting animations for players around the league.
We’ve made timing for releasing your shot more forgiving for both online and offline play. Now, the timing feels more natural and predictable.
BALL TRAJECTORY AND PHYSICS
Tuned the shot arc and rim physics for more organic shot types and results. Gone are the days where every made three-pointer is a swish.
DEFENSIVE BITE AND PUMP FAKE ANIMATIONS
Players will recover much quicker and have better overall positioning while defending dribble moves and fakes.
Tuned the AI during inbound plays to be more responsive and initiate more movement.
SHOT FEEDBACK METER
Enhanced the feedback system to include your player’s rating for that particular shot type and whether you were open or not.
Cleaned up some of the invisible boundary issues when moving along the baseline with the ball.
Tuned stealing to address spamming issues with results in more fouls being called.
END OF GAME AI
Address late game AI issues where players would not react or respond naturally – often causing them to dribble the ball out or not attempt a shot with the clock winding down.
Adjusted the intentional foul animation to address player warping issues.
Friday, December 19, 2014
05:48 PM - December 19, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
For those of you that didn't get Bruce Lee in EA Sports UFC via pre-order or purchased him individually or in a bundle in the UFC Store, you're in luck.
Bruce Lee will be available to download for free to play in EA Sports UFC from December 22, 2014 through January 5, 2015 on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. All variations of Bruce Lee will be available, as listed below.
- Bruce Lee – Bantamweight Division (Currently $1.99)
- Bruce Lee – Featherweight Division (Currently $1.99)
- Bruce Lee – Lightweight Division (Currently $1.99)
- Bruce Lee – Welterweight Division (Currently $1.99)
- Bruce Lee – Weightclass Bundle (all four divisions) - (Currently $5.99)
Source - EA Sports
04:45 PM - December 19, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Here it is! The most anticipated show of the year – the 2014 Press Row Podcast Sports Game of the Year. The votes have been tallied and the winners are announced. As always, none of the panelists are aware of who wins coming into the show, and the discussions leading up to the unveiling and the reactions afterwards are the best part of it. This year we also add two new twists – we award our first-ever Rookie of the Year award and we “present” the Sports Game of the Year award to the development team for their reaction! It’s our best-ever Game of the Year episode, and we hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we did putting it all together. Happy Holidays!
Joining us this week:
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- Chris Sanner, Operation Sports (@ChrisSnr)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 51 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
04:41 PM - December 19, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Knocked out of the playoffs in your year-long fantasy league, but still want to play this weekend? You can play with us in the Week 16 Operation Sports FanDuel league this week. It's $5 to join, first place wins $50, and the top 10 teams all win cash this weekend. You can click here to join.
Week 15's top performers were Leveon Bell (27% owned) and Odell Beckham (29% owned). They had monster Sundays, and it's no coincidence they were both on the league's winning lineup from coletrain3193.
FanDuel fantasy football leagues run through the conference championship games of the NFL season, but they offer one-day fantasy leagues for every other major sport. To sign up to check out fantasy NBA, NHL, NCAA Football, or NCAA Basketball on FanDuel, you can sign up here!
03:09 PM - December 19, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Golf Club Feature Update #2 is scheduled to arrive later today and contains plenty of content and many bug fixes (282 of them). Below are some of the contents, but click here to see all of the bug fixes.
UPDATE: It is available now.
- New Theme – Countryside
- Handicap System
- New Game Mode – Stableford
- Multi-plant tool in Greg Norman Course Designer
- Optimization on all Platforms
- Expanded Commentary
- Ability to change Tee Box Styles and Colours
- New Official Course – Flin Flon Golf Club
- New Official Course – Great Tottington Golf Club
- New Official Tournaments for all handicap levels – some available immediately, most progressively over the holidays.
- New Official Tours for different handicap levels – to be released over the holiday period.
01:37 PM - December 19, 2014. Posted by DustinT. Written by Ben Vollmer
There has been so much buzz and too little punch for the New York Knicks over the last decade. It many ways, it disproves the theory that as long as you have a superstar, you can still win a lot of games in the NBA. Despite Carmelo Anthony's loyalty to the storied organization, things only seem to be getting worse. With bloated salary and little talent, where can the Knicks even begin? Here are three moves that every Knicks owner can make in NBA 2K15 to return Spike Lee's favorite squad into powerhouse form:
1. Find a Partner in Crime: Do what the Knicks have failed to the past few seasons and find Carmelo a great complimentary player to have at his side. Some names that will be popping up in free agency next summer: Paul Millsap, Rajon Rando, Greg Monroe and LaMarcus Aldridge.
2. Cut, Cut, Cut: A lot of guys on the Knicks are not tradable (we are looking at you, Amar'e) and it's up to you to make sure they are out of a job. Do whatever you can to free up some cash to follow up on the above advice. Another possibility is to swap bad contracts with another team in hopes that a change of scenery spurs something.
3. Find Early's Game: Cleanthony Early was regarded as one of the most underrated draft picks of 2014. Do everything you can to make sure that he becomes a consistent piece of the machine, because the Knicks could use the youth and low-cost.
01:12 PM - December 19, 2014. Posted by DustinT. Written by Kevin Groves
Achieving success in FIFA 15's Manager Mode can be challenging, even for the most experienced player. Building your ideal squad takes a mixture of skill, patience and a little bit of luck. With tools such as the Transfer/Loan Market and Youth Academy at your disposal, finding the right combination of experienced players mixed in with some promising youngsters can lead to sustained success. In this article we'll take a look at a few approaches centered around building a squad capable of winning trophies give some fairly common scenarios.
READ MORE - Achieving Your Ideal Squad Balance