The mystery continues to deepen, with a game with more hype than details -- literally.
The leagues you aren't playing in but probably should be...
A few ways to keep this year's game fresh as we enter the offseason.
Some tips to improve the online versus play in NHL 16.
Last year's skateboarding sensation, OlliOlli, just lost its spot atop the podium, and stepped down to the silver medal in Sony's ongoing competition for the title of “most difficult game” on the PlayStation Network.
Developer Roll7's award-winning rookie run left a lasting imprint upon many gamers' thumbs during 2014. And if the original OlliOlli's blistering gameplay was the equivalent of slamming out speedy guitar rhythms on the bottom four strings for an angry thrash band, then executing OlliOlli 2's amped-up repertoire of tricks feels like playing lead guitar for a prog supergroup on a double-neck Stratocaster using two separate tunings.
Read More - OlliOlli2 Review (Written by Jayson Young)
During the latest MLB 15 The Show livestream the team showed the top rated players for each team. Check them out here and post your thoughts.
During the latest MLB 15 The Show livestream the team showed the top rated players at each position. Check them out here and post your thoughts.
When February started, what we knew about MLB 15: The Show was slim. Since then, we’ve been treated to a deluge of information, including weekly live feeds and frank discussions about the development process. As I wrote previously, this marketing strategy is a unique one in the industry — but certainly helps us set our expectations accurately.
Now that March -- and release month -- is here, here are my most anticipated changes and additions, as featured in the streams thus far.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show Anticipated Features (Written by Caley Roark)
Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video as the team reports to Spring Training for a month of content featuring Yasiel Puig, Eric Hosmer, Hunter Pence, Russell Martin, Andrew McCutchen, and Adam Jones.
We have also added some screenshots that were captured from the video.
MLB 15 The Show arrives on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita on March 31st.
NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.
Check out the changes for this mornings roster update below.
NOTE: If you have a roster update request, please post it in this thread (comments will be locked for individual roster updates from now on). The requests in this thread, should be exclusively in reference to inaccuracies in specific jersey team colors, player accessories, shoes, jersey numbers, player information, rotations, contracts, and missing players. The thread is NOT meant to discuss player attributes/tendencies/badges/art changes.
Sorry that there was not a roster update yesterday. There was an unforeseen issue that didn’t allow the roster to go out as planned. Here are the notes for today’s update:
All injuries/rotations/player movement updated
Los Angeles Lakers
- Jeremy Lin OVR 77 (+1)- Moving Three +2, Shot FT +2, Shot IQ +8
- Nick Young OVR 76 (-1)- Shot IQ -15
- Jordan Clarkson OVR 74 (+3)- Moving Three +2, Moving Mid Range +3, Shot IQ +20, Offensive Consistency +20, Pass Accuracy +6, Pass IQ +8
- Channing Frye OVR 75 (-2)- Standing Layup -10, Shot IQ -12
- Victor Oladipo OVR 81 (+1)- Standing Three -5, Moving Three -5, Shot IQ +6, Pass Accuracy +4, Pass IQ +6, Ball Control +4, Offensive Consistency +10
- Tobias Harris OVR 80 (-1)- Standing Three -4, Moving Three -5, Offensive Consistency -5
- Nikola Vucevic OVR 86 (+1)- Driving Layup +6, Offensive Consistency +5, Post Control +4, Moving Close +8, Moving Mid Range +5
- Dirk Nowitzki OVR 86 (-2)- Moving Close -12, Standing Close -8, Moving three -6, Offensive Consistency -4
- Devin Harris OVR 77 (+2)- Shot IQ +9, Offensive Consistency +10, Driving Layup +3, Standing Layup +7, Moving Close +5, Standing Close +3
- Brook Lopez OVR 81 (0)- Offensive Consistency +10
- Thaddeus Young OVR 76 (+1)- Standing Three, Shot IQ +8
- Russell Westbrook- Added Headband
- Jason Richardson- Changed shoes to Nike
-Mike Stauffer (@2Kstauff)
Another NBA Live 15 roster update has arrived today. It features the Noches Enebea jerseys for the Bulls, Rockets, Lakers, Knicks, Suns, Spurs and Wizards. The same Latin Nights jerseys can also be found in Ultimate Team. The roster update adds 12 accessory updates to players and 3,714 rating changes.
Below are a few notes from ProjectLeet.
Al Horford went up 1 OVR
- In his last 10 games his average rebounding has gone up to 11.1 from his season average 7.6
- He’s also stepped up his game in the offensive post
- LeBron has been hitting his stride and putting up big numbers, the cavs seem to finally hit their groove in the race to the post season.
- Rose playing on injury hasn’t performed as well as he should, but now that he got surgery the Bulls are hoping he comes back feeling better and playing more like his usual self.
Madden NFL 15 is available now in The Vault, free for EA Access subscribers.
As an Xbox One exclusive, EA Access gives subscribers ($4.99 a month/$29.99 a year) access to The Vault, which provides full digital downloadable games for NBA Live 15, EA Sports UFC, Need for Speed Rivals, Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2, Battlefield 4 and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. EA Access subscribers also receive 10% off EA digital purchases and trial versions (typically 6 hours) of EA games before they are released.
The second DLC showcase for WWE 2K15 is now available, and it’s centred on Mark Henry, the WWE’s long-tenured “World’s Strongest Man.” Henry is kind of a funny story, as the WWE signed him way back when during the death throes of the big-man era of wrestling. The problem was that they paid a lot of money to Henry, and he struggled to really materialize into anything remotely marketable. His 10-year contract was rumored to be in the neighbourhood of $1 million a year, which was a lot to shell out for an unproven commodity. Only in recent years has Henry managed to create some type of return on investment for the company, but even that is dubious.
Read More - WWE 2K15: "Hall of Pain" Showcase Review (Written by: Glenn Wigmore)
Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV with the Senior A.I. Programmer and more. Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button to view the embedded stream.
For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.
UPDATE: The archive is available now, it starts at roughly the 9:09 mark (spoiler button updated).
For mobile viewers, check it out here. Thanks HozAndMoose!
Monday's MLB 15: The Show stream was the longest so far, totaling almost three hours, but despite its length, there wasn't a whole lot of new information shared. Here are all of the details that were discussed:
Uniforms, Head Scans, & Equipment
- Each MLB team has 10 different jersey slots. There are around 430 uniforms in the game.
- The Mariners' and Giants' new alternate jerseys will not be in MLB 15: The Show, because there wasn't an available slot to put them into. The developers would have had to replace those teams' throwback uniforms, and Sony San Diego's telemetry shows that gamers are selecting throwbacks too often to justify getting rid of them.
- In Franchise mode, teams will wear their alternate/throwback uniforms according to their real-life tendencies and schedules.
- Uniform and face scans files have become so large in size that Sony San Diego is unable to patch new ones into the game after it releases. What you get on the MLB 15 disc is what you'll have all year.
- There are around 1,500 unique player heads in the game. One head can take a couple of hours to get right, depending on how complicated the hair is.
- The developers travel to spring training sites to capture minor leaguers' faces before they are called up to the majors.
- The cameras that were used to scan player faces were also used to scan most of the equipment in MLB 15, though some items had to be modeled from scratch.
- The degree of horizontal/vertical pitch break will be unique for every MLB pitcher and is based on real data from last season.
- If you decide to use an injured player, his attribute ratings will be negatively impacted, depending on the location and severity of the injury.
- Every MLB stadium has been improved for MLB 15. There will be a stream later in the month showing off all the ballparks.
- Historic stadiums are not in the PlayStation 4 version of MLB 15. Sony San Diego believes their return on investment would not be significant enough to make it worth their effort.
- You can now warm-up pitchers and access your bullpen by pressing up on the d-pad.
- Fielding "quick shifts" can now be made by pressing down on the d-pad.
- Road to the Show won't have any new fielding cameras, but the baserunning camera will be less jittery.
- The MLB's new "pace of play" rules were announced too late to include in MLB 15: The Show.
- There are about 70 new "third out" animations.
- Pitchers, batters, and fielders will each have their own unique sets of emotion animations after big plays.
- Athletes who don't have signature home run celebrations will use a random one from a pool of generic animations.
- Fans can catch any balls that end up in the stands.
- George Springer's pre-game dance is in the game.
- Jason Heyward's batting stance has been updated.
The Forza Horizon 2 Rockstar Energy car pack featuring Tanner Foust's 2014 Volkswagen Beetle GRC is available today for $5.
Hear more about Tanner's career and success as a stunt driver, professional racer, world-record holder, TV host and ambassador for Xbox and Forza in the video here.
Here is the list of cars available in the pack.
- 2014 Volkswagen Beetle GRC
- 2015 Subaru WRX STI
- 1996 BMW 850CSi
- 2015 Jaguar XFR-S
- 1970 Volkswagen #1107 Desert Dingo Racing Stock Bug
- 2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2K has just posted details about their 2K Tournament of Champions WrestleMania 31 Contest.
If you are selected the winner, 2K will fly you out to WrestleMania so that you can participate in the 2K Tournament of Champions and meet the Superstar or Diva that you're representing in the tournament.
How do you enter? It seems simple enough:
- Shoot a video telling us WHY you should represent Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, Xavier Woods, or Paige at the 2K Tournament of Champions at WrestleMania Axxess at WrestleMania 31!
- Upload it and TWEET it using the hashtag: #2KWrestleManiaContest
OlliOlli2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita subscribers, free for the month of March for all PlayStation Plus subscribers ($14.99 for non-subscribers). Purchasing the game entitles you to both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita versions.
See the full list of free games for March here.
Try it out and share your thoughts!
2K Sports has released a few more uniforms today. They include the Phoenix Suns (Phoenix Rising) uniforms, as well as the Latin Nights unis for the Washington Wizards and Houston Rockets.
NOTE: These uniforms are all tied to the official 2K Sports roster update (which arrived earlier today). They are available now for NBA Today and Quick Games, but you have to start over to see them in other modes.