A look at some features we'd love to see in this year's game...
Are they a concern to you? Simulation realism?
Taking a look at the game modes in The Show.
Looking at the top three in each category...
Operation Sports Content
Thursday, May 5, 2016
01:27 PM - May 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA Live 16 is coming to The Vault for EA Access members on May 25. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
Good detective work Fiddy!!
10:04 AM - May 5, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Danny Webster
For instance, the draft has two potential superstar players in Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram. There is a lack of star power after that, but at least two teams are going to come out happy in the end.
There's also this matter of a huge salary cap increase. The likes of Kevin Durant and (maybe) Dwight Howard are going to get these bank-breaking contracts from any team that has the necessary space to get a deal done. With the cap explosion, this means roughly 26 teams can offer a max contract. The upcoming free-agent class is not the strongest, but there's still lots of money to spend. We will probably never have this many teams with max money to spend again, which could mean some wild trades also happen to fill those cap sheets.
But look, I know you're all still looking at me funny. You're saying, "why don't we wait to talk about this once teams have new faces and are settled come August?" Well, what would be the fun in that? The mystery is the best part of the NBA offseason, so let's indulge and try to figure out what teams will be the most intriguing come next season.
Read More - Predicting the Most Intriguing Teams in NBA 2K17
06:36 AM - May 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, we've listed some of the changes below.
- Kawhi Leonard +1 (94)
- Kiay Thompson +1 (90)
- LaMarcus Aldridge +2 (89)
- Kyrie Irving +2 (88)
- Paul Millsap +2 (87)
- Goran Dragic +1 (80)
- Luol Deng +1 (80)
- Al-Farouq Aminu +3 (79)
- Dennis Schroder +2 (79)
- J.R. Smith +1 (77)
- Hassan Whiteside -1 (86)
- Kyle Lowry -2 (86)
- C.J. McCollum -1 (83)
- Al Horford -3 (80)
- Jeff Teague -1 (79)
- Tony Parker -3 (79)
- Harrison Barnes -1 (78)
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
Let us know what you are seeing!
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
09:52 PM - May 4, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
OOTP 17 patch #5 (version number 17.7.53) is available for users that purchased the game directly from the OOTP website or from official resellers. For those of you that purchased on Steam or the AppStore, it should be available in the next few days. Check out the details of the patch below.
- Fixed error where international complex got cleared if playing with scouting discoveries on but international amateur FA off
- Fixed errors in 3d movement
- Fixed case where the delete players who never reached majors flag would get checked by accident
- Fixed signing bonus not always being counted properly
- Fixed online league released player export finances
- Fixed award names in BB cards
Source - OOTP
05:20 PM - May 4, 2016. Posted by Brian SCEA. Written by Steve Noah
The following bullpen details were also added to the latest MLB The Show 16 1.04 patch.
- CPU managers will let starters pitch slightly longer in various situations. They're less likely to pull starters over individual runners on base.
- In simulated games, CPU managers will pull starters slightly sooner. I.e. games you sim on the front end and fast forward (both RTTS and manual).
- When a closer hasn't played in 3 or more days, the CPU may make them play regardless of the save situation to give them work.
- As a result of the two previous changes, starters will pitch fewer total IP (and IP/G), while relievers and closers will play more games.
- Other changes to how CPU managers manage relief pitchers in certain situations. These are all tuning changes.
09:23 AM - May 4, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS.
The Warriors had a magical run of 73-9 in the regular season and now they're dominating equally as thoroughly in the post-season. In many ways, its almost as if Golden State is playing on a difficulty level setting which is a hair too low.
Or perhaps maybe Golden State needs to adjust some sliders -- especially for Curry who just seems to make everything.
Let's face it, regardless of what you think, the Warriors run has simply been not sim. Maybe we can take it all up with Adam Silver soon.
If you had a season like the Warriors in NBA 2K16, what would you do? Would you assume you need to bump up the difficulty? Adjust sliders? Sound off by voting in our poll and respond with a comment!
07:22 AM - May 4, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Hot Wheels Car Pack is available now for Forza Motorsport 6. Check out the trailer here.
The car pack costs $6.99. Gamers can also purchase cars from the pack individually.
Below is the list of cars available in the pack.
- 2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker
- 2005 Ford Hot Wheels Mustang
- 2017 Ford Focus RS
- 2015 McLaren P1 GTR
- 1990 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 641
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
- 2015 BMW X6M
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
05:11 PM - May 3, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah[center]
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.
For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
- Fixed: Can change Device type during game
- Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
- Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
- Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
- Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
- Fixed Two Balls on Tee
- Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
- Various Chat fixes
- Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
- Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
- Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby
With the NFL Draft concluding this past weekend, our staff gathered around the OS Roundtable to discuss how we thought the draft went this weekend. In this edition of the OS Roundtable we talk about which pick changes Madden the most, which teams had the best and worst drafts, and finally we round the corner to home by talking about which pick will be the biggest steal when we look back on the 2016 Draft.
Read More - Reviewing the NFL Draft (Madden Edition)
01:22 PM - May 3, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NHL 17 cover vote, which began last week with 8 superstars, is now down to 4. The NHL and EA Sports have dropped the puck on round 2 with the following match-ups.
- Vladimir Tarasenko vs. Jamie Benn
- Connor McDavid vs. Joe Pavelski
Voting in round 2 ends on May 9th at 3:00 pm EST.
Who do you see advancing?
12:01 PM - May 3, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
With Madden NFL 17 still months away, and the NFL offseason continuing to churn forward -- there is still a chance some pretty huge impact players could find themselves playing for a different franchise by the time the new season dawns on us.
ESPN recently published an article with eight players which could find themselves with a new uniform in 2016...
The players ESPN has pegged to possibly be targets to move in the coming months?
- Sam Bradford, QB, Eagles
- Colin Kaepernick, QB, 49ers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Free Agent (ahem Jets)
- Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Jets
- Mike Glennon, QB, Buccaneers
- Nick Foles, QB, Rams
- Eugene Monroe, OT, Ravens,
- Luke Joeckel, OT, Jaguars
09:39 AM - May 3, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
If you've played at least one of developer Supergiant Games' previous titles (2011's Bastion or 2014's Transistor), then you probably wouldn't expect them to be making a sports RPG for their third game.
Pyre promises plenty of story (presented in text boxes), some voiced-over cutscenes, and lots of Dead Can Dance-inspired music. But instead of the genre's usual fight-'til-death battles, enemy encounters involve squads of three casting spells and firing energy beams while trying to gain control of a glowing orb that you then try to transport to the opposing team's pyre.
The PAX East demo allows only one character per side to move at any given time, with the other teammates standing in a defensive position waiting for the player to press a button and switch onto them. Supergiant's creative director Greg Kasavin says that multiplayer action scenes are something they're "looking into," even though single-player is "very much [their] focus."
Pyre challenges your party to escape purgatory by rolling a wagon across its dangerous, detour-filled overworld, while defeating any competing exiles who cross your path. Basically, it's a mystical, supernatural Oregon Trail with a much bigger backstory and Quidditch competitions replacing the buffalo hunts.
Supergiant's team of 12 people has been working on Pyre since July 2014, and they plan to release the title on PC and PlayStation 4 sometime in 2017.
08:24 AM - May 3, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
There’s been a heavy focus with recent episodes of the Press Row Podcast on the two big games that released in March, but now attention turns to some news relating to titles that are still off in the future and a favorite that has just been updated. The trio this week discuss the first features to have been revealed for NHL 17, how EA Sports is considering adding Virtual Reality to the next UFCgame and what that might mean for others out before then, and how a basketball mode is the latest success from Rocket League.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey (@pastapadre) Pastapadre/Sporting News/Hit The Pass
- Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) Out of the Park Developments/Hit The Pass
- Kat Bailey (@The_Katbot) USgamer
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Run Time: 1 Hour, 7 Minutes
Don’t forget about your chance to own Out of the Park Baseball 17 for 10% off! Just go to ootpdevelopments.com, click on the OOTP 17 banner, then enter the promotional code "PRESS17" at checkout to take another 10% off the price.
Monday, May 2, 2016
06:00 PM - May 2, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.
Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.
UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
- Updated player portraits for a number of players.
- Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
- Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
- Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
- Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
- Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
04:51 PM - May 2, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahThe official weekly MLB The Show 16 roster update is available now. The update adds 14 players and includes 145 player movements.
Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Bryce Harper +2 (99), Noah Syndergaard +4 (93), Dellin Betances +3 (90), Max Scherzer -2 (93), Andrew Miller +1 (92), Stephen Strasburg +5 (92), Zack Greinke -4 (91), Matt Harvey -3 (91) and more.
Check out all of the other details below. (Click the images for a better resolution)
There is also a new Challenge of the Week, featuring Kansas City Royals' Eric Hosmer vs. 2013 Cy Young Winner, Max Scherzer. Check out the details and prizes below.