Want a chance to win a next-gen console? We're partnering with FanDuel for an awesome Fantasy competition.
Our review of EA's latest work with Madden NFL 15...
Our initial impressions on the retail version of the game...
Sean confirms there will be no EASHL, OTP, GM Connected or Live the Life this year at launch in NHL 15 on XB1 or PS4.
2K Sports has released this new NBA 2K15 video (Instagram, very short clip), featuring some of the mascots in the game. Ronnie mentioned that he couldn't wait to see OS break it down, so let's hear it!
EA Sports has released a companion app for Madden NFL 15 owners which allows them to stay connected to their Ultimate Teams and CFM's via a smartphone app.
The app, built for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 owners, is a gateway to your Madden NFL experience on the go. You can stay up to date with your latest advancements in Connected Franchise and receive Ultimate Team updates as part of the iOS and Android app.
The app also enables CoachGlass for your Xbox One and PlayStation 4 experience.
The app is still listed as coming soon on the EA Sports website, but we'll let you know when it is available for gamers to use.
It appears there could be a nasty bug right now in Madden NFL 15, with user vs. user game results in online CFM not appearing to register upon completion. Its very possible this is a server side issue and could be fixed rather quickly, but if it's on the software side a patch will have to be developed and then released which could take a couple of weeks.
Thus far, a quick investigation and questionnaire of the community seems to indicate the problem is widespread, with no one actually reporting their results have counted at this point. It is entirely possible some results are being counted, just they appear to be sporadic at this point. For now, it's probably best to hold off on starting user vs. user online CFM's until we get official word the problem is fixed.
UPDATE: Just received official word from EA Sports.
"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin."
I'm not sure who came up with the quote (a quick bit of research also shows similar confusion on the source), but it seems some within the FIFA 15 Ultimate Team community have taken it completely to heart. This year, EA Sports is hoping to clamp down on the cheating going on in FUT by banning users who employ popular cheating tactics.
"Although they are a minority amongst FIFA fans, cheaters disrupt the gameplay experience and enjoyment for honest FIFA fans in a number of ways," EA said in a recent blog post on their website. "These include things like overloading servers, phishing and compromising other player accounts, and participating in the unauthorised exchange of virtual currency. It’s time for us to draw a clear and strong line against cheaters who negatively impact the FIFA experience for our millions of players online."
It appears as if many of the tactics employed in prior years will be watched and clamped down on this year by EA, which will almost certainly lead to a better experience for everyone...except the cheaters of course.
Be sure to read the full list of changes, and let us know what you think of them in the comments below!
The Forza Horizon 2 demo is scheduled to arrive on September 16th for Xbox One gamers. Check out the list of achievements here.
No official word on the 360 demo, so odds are there won't be one. The game launches on 360 and Xbox One on September 30th.
Pure Pool just got a lot better thanks to its Version 1.01 update which adds tons of new features and even a new game mode. Here is what changed:
• New Game Mode - UK Black-Ball added to roster.
• New ‘Master’ difficulty (no aim aids). Removed the circle that appeared on the target ball.
• 9-ball free table - If the player has 9-ball as their default game type, the 9-ball rack will be set up in free play mode rather than the current forced 8-ball.
• General AI Improvements.
• Challenge notification icon - This displays an icon next to the players ‘Games’ option to inform them that they have received a challenge form another player.
• Offline Player Challenge notification - sends a message direct to the player if they are not playing Pure Pool.
• Opponent player card accessible mid-game - Allows the player to see their opponent’s player card at any time during a match.
• Opponent able to view player’s table cam.
• Player online feed only for friends - Removed the constant player online pop-ups. Only displays friend who comes online.
• Diamonds on the table rails to help players when shooting doubles.
• Yellow aim line made more distinct to reduce confusion between the two lines.
• Potting the black from the break now re-racks the balls.
• Player is now asked if they want to play against a DNA opponent or wants to continue searching for another online player.
• DNA now displayed next to the user name to clearly mark it out as an AI Player.
• Server optimization.
• The opponents cue updates will now always be visible as they move it around.
• Removed extended AI Shot times.
• Bug fix for player’s games not timing out and the game being award to the absent player.
• Bug fix to stop the player changing their difficulty mid-challenge and posting their score/time on the incorrect leaderboard.
If you have Pure Pool, download the newest update and let us know what you think!
The NHL 15 demo arrived today for PS4 users, and yesterday for Xbox One users. With so much controversey surrounding this year's NHL's release, thanks in part to several key missing modes in the new-gen debut, the game will have to rely upon its presentation and gameplay to deliver an experience worth gamer's hard earned $60.
So with that, here are some extended thoughts from our staff on whether the game is shaping up to do just that.
Read More - NHL 15 Demo: Is the Gameplay Enough? (Roundtable)
Most of our staff have gotten just as much playtime as most of you at this point, so here are some initial thoughts from the guys who will be covering the game in the coming days and weeks...
Read More - Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)
Today's guest video post is from Brian Mazique at Franchise Play. If you are stuck at work or haven't checked out the demo, Brian plays a game in the demo and gives his thoughts on what he's playing. This should be a pretty good watch for you PS4 users waiting on your demo time.
If you like Brian's style, be sure to check him out on YouTube and subscribe to him.
Also follow Brian on Twitter.
EA Sports released a new trailer for NHL 15, showing off the 'Living Worlds' aspect of the game. Here are some highlights:
- Each arena has been brought to life like never before.
- Lighting from the arena lights reflect off of the ice. The ice also shows incremental wear throughout the game.
- Each arena is scaled uniquely, with precise seating charts and details, including championship banners.
- 9000 individual crowd models in the arena.
- The fans have real behaviors, including banging on the glass during fights or big hits or anticipating big plays. Each fan has a different behavior, such as superfans being more active.
It's officially release day for Madden NFL 15!
As with any major release, the OS Community is alive and well today talking about the game in our Madden forum, so you should not hesitate to venture in and get any questions you have answered!
Here are some more pertinent links for you to explore today:
- Our official Madden NFL 15 review for XB1 and PS4. We call the game good, but ultimately held back by some pretty big issues which need addressing.
- Want to let the world know what you think of Madden? Check into our impressions thread!
- If you are already looking for the perfect slider set, check out our sliders forum for Madden.
- Online issues? We have a forum for that.
- MUT Heads unite! We have a community dedicated to this aspect of the game, which is better than ever.
More new cars were revealed today for Forza Horizon 2, adding to the (eventual) fully revealed list of 200-plus cars in the game.
Today's cars include:
- 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
- 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
- 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo
- 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
- 1995 Ferrari F50
- 1992 Honda NSX-R
- 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
- 1985 Ford RS200 Evolution
- 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
- 1994 Nissan 240SX SE
- 1968 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
- 2012 Caterham Superlight R500
- 2009 Honda S2000 CR
Operation Sports has teamed up with FanDuel to run a fantasy football championship to kick off the season. The winner takes home cash, bragging rights, and a new PlayStation 4 or Xbox One courtesy of FanDuel. FanDuel is the leader in one-week fantasy football leagues, where you can play for real money.
The week 1 Operation Sports league starts on opening Sunday. It costs $10 to enter and pays the winner $150. If you’re new to FanDuel, sign up with promo code OS100 to receive a 100% deposit bonus, which is FanDuel’s biggest offer. Click here to go to the week 1 league on FanDuel.
FanDuel will run Operation Sports leagues for four consecutive weeks. The four league winners advance to the final round, where the top score wins the PS4 and all the bragging rights.
Here’s a little introduction to the host site FanDuel. FanDuel was featured on ESPN’s Outside the Lines last Sunday and announced a major sponsorship of the Orlando Magic on Wednesday. They’ll pay out $10 million every week this football season and are changing the way people think about fantasy sports.
There are a few great things about FanDuel’s one-week league format. There’s no long-term commitment, cash payouts are instant each week, and a bad injury won’t ruin your year. It’s a salary cap game, so you can pick any player you want for your team as long as you stay under the cap. There’s no waiting around for a draft. You do your research and fill out your team on your own time.
Click here to join the opening week Operation Sports Fantasy Football league!
EA Sports has released another patch for EA Sports UFC, which includes a second free content update (see video here), containing three new fighters and plenty of updates. Check out the details below. Currently the patch is available for Xbox One users, PS4 gamers should get it later this afternoon.
UPDATE: It is available for PS4 users now.
New and Updated Content
- Addition of 3 new fighters. 2 in Welterweight: Matt Brown, Mike Pyle and 1 at Heavyweight: Stipe Miocic
- Updates to fighter records
- Gameplay – Added Referee TKO stoppage if dominant fighter throws too many blocked strikes without the submissive fighter trying to improve his position
- Gameplay – Added the ability to catch kicks on parries if the attacking fighter has low stamina or high leg damage when throwing a kick. If Parry button is held, a takedown will be initiated.
- Gameplay – Added new defensive standup transitions from Full Guard. Moved Sweep to Advanced Transition
- Gameplay – Added Back Mount escape for submissive fighter
- Gameplay – Added manual taunts. Press Left or Right Directional buttons to taunt
- Gameplay – Successful Basic Single Leg Takedowns will now end in Half Guard
- Online – Added Coins to Championships. Watch partner videos from the Home Panel and earn Coins to trade in for Season Points.
- Fixed issue where dominant fighter could stall transitions
- Fixed an exploit where fighters could sneak in a free hammer fist during Posture up and down animations
- Fixed exploit in Side Control where users could land a free shot after transitioning to Side Control.
- Fixed an issue with Cage Clinch Break denial inputs.
- Tuning – Increased base punch speed of all weight classes
- Tuning – AI tuned to be less aggressive. AI is more aware of stamina and fight pacing.
- Tuning – Duration and probability of Health Events has been tuned
- Tuning – Stamina loss on strikes landed has been adjusted
- Tuning – Tuned denial windows for various ground transitions, getups and submission attempts
- Tuning – Animation speeds adjusted for strikes that were being abused Online
- Added delay on submission attempts after a failed submission.
- Submissions cannot be attempted when attacker has minimal Stamina
- Fighters can change stances while blocking
- Adjusted Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s and Robbie Lawler’s Hand Power and Speed attributes
- Fixed issue where Crucifix was unavailable in career. Will now be available on new Career save files after purchasing transition.
- Allow users to view Fighter Stats and Abilities in Online Championships Fighter Select Screen
- Disabled Online Pause in all Online modes. User can still access the Pause menu, however it does not pause gameplay.
- Tuned White Belt promotion and division belt thresholds.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect video for ‘GSP Switch Kick’ move.
- Fixed a crash when adjusting Walk out music
- Fixed an issue with Mat damage
- Changed Antônio Rogério Nogueira’s stance to southpaw
- Various replay fixes
Source - EA Forums