EASHL is back, so are many other old favorites.
A greatest hits of the 360/PS3 era?
How to make the Phillies a World Championship contender once again.
A collection of ideas which will improve the NBA 2K series.
Operation Sports Content
Friday, May 29, 2015
06:28 PM - May 29, 2015. Posted by droyjul. Written by Chris Sanner
2K Sports released a new episode of NBA 2KTV today, complete with some of the first details of this upcoming year's game. Here are some of the highlights:
- There will be more retro/classic teams in this year's game. Three teams were revealed: '99-'00 Raptors, '07-08 Celtics, '00-'01 Lakers. Based off of Scott's response, more teams will be revealed at a later date.
- Some new shoes have been confirmed for Dwyane Wade and Klay Thompson. They are currently trying to get BrandBlack and Jamal Crawford's shoe in the game. Shoes are getting 3D scanned, so they should look a lot more realistic this year.
- Reshot all of the crowd animations this year. A lot more exciting and pumped up animations to take the atmosphere to the next level as well.
- Mike Wang: Biggest and most challenging year with gameplay yet. They're working on something big, it'll make the game look significantly better than any game before it.
At the end of the Mike Wang segment of the 2K16 preview, he says two words which the editing cleverly covers up. The details in the video are certainly solid, but we're even more anxious now to hear what else the 2K crew has up their sleeve for this season.
Any guesses on the 'big thing' they're working on for this year?
04:19 PM - May 29, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
We learned a lot about the Tour Pro Mode in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour yesterday, including the inclusion of three potential backstories for your character. What we don't know is how big of an impact those back stories will play in your Golfer's career. The rest of the mode sounds pretty reasonable as well, but let's get some reactions from our writers.
What do you all think of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour's career mode?
Read More - Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: Tour Pro Mode Reactions (Roundtable)
02:23 PM - May 29, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
This week’s episode is a deep dive into the modifications and improvements in this fall’s upcoming Madden NFL 16. Host Rich Grisham is joined by two of the leading designers of Madden’s Connected Franchise Mode, including Creative Director Kolbe Launchbaugh and Designer John White. The three discuss a host of additions and changes to CFM, including the updated goals framework, new scouting and draft options, updated commissioner tools, and a host of other items.
Joining us this week:
- Koble Launchbaugh, EA Sports (@KolbeL)
- John White, EA Sports (@EAWhite)
- And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090, Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast) , and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom at https://audioboom.com/channel/press-row-podcast, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
Run Time: 54 minutes
11:10 AM - May 29, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
In case you were looking for a great deal on budget items for Franchise mode as well as Road to the Show, this is the weekend made for you. All of the Franchise and Road to the Show budget items in MLB 15 The Show are half off for this weekend only! This is a great way to kickstart either your RTTS or Franchise mode efforts if you are struggling with your budget. If you have been wanting to buy any of these items, this is most certainly the weekend to do it!
09:03 AM - May 29, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Phil Varckette
Pitching a no-no in MLB 15: The Show is a herculean task. To be honest with you I’ve never done it, although I have gotten close throwing a few one-hitters.
It’s something that can be done and many have done it, but for those who haven’t here are some tips that may help you...
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Some Tips on How to Throw A No-Hitter
08:53 AM - May 29, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Since always online has been such a raging success, with every game trying it having no issues whatsoever, EA has decided to make Need for Speed require an online connection in order to play. As was revealed on the official Twitter account for Need for Speed...
Of course, there is a single player component to the game, just you'll need to be connected to the EA servers to play it.
I guess we'll just wait and see. One of these days, a major 'always-online' game is going to launch and it's going to work amazingly well from the get go. Why not Need for Speed, right?
Thursday, May 28, 2015
05:59 PM - May 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Shady has checked in once again with a new NBA 2K15 video montage. This one focuses on the NBA Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors. Game 1 tips-off on Thursday, June 4 at 9 p.m. ET.
Post your thoughts on the video and who you think wins it all this year.
04:06 PM - May 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA Live 15 roster update has arrived this afternoon. It includes nearly 500 ratings changes and seven player accessory updates.
Below is a list of some of the changes you will see in the roster update. Some of the players on the list haven't played since the playoffs started. Download the Excel spreadsheet with all of the changes here.
- James Harden +1
- J.R. Smith +1
- Matthew Dellavedova -1
03:24 PM - May 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has just posted Tour Pro Mode details for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. The first thing you need to do is select a bio, which creates a little back story about your created player. Below is the list of bios with descriptions of each.
- Prodigy - Introduced to golf at the age of two, you showed very early promise in the sport, becoming known as a prodigy in the golf community. You are considered the most exciting young prospect in golf, and your sights are set on earning your tour card in 2015.
- Collegiate - You've recently graduated college where you were a standout performer and led your team to a national championship. Satisfied with your accomplishments at the amateur level, your focus has shifted to earning your tour card for 2015.
- Instructor - You dedicated your life to teaching the game of golf, becoming a PGA Professional 5 years ago. You've always competed in the local PGA competitions, but now your competitive itch has you wanting to really give it a shot at earning your tour card in 2015.
Below are some of the Tour Pro Mode details in Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, click here to read the entire blog.
START YOUR CAREER
Tour Pro Mode begins in the last tournament on the Web.com Tour. Place high enough at TPC Sawgrass to graduate to the PGA TOUR and embark on a 15-year career
New this year is a feature called Quick Rounds, which allows players to complete a four-round tournament in the same amount of time as one 18-hole round.
Players can progress deeper in Career Mode in half the time, without compromising Skill Level or XP.
Players earn XP throughout Tour Pro Mode, which increases golfer level and unlocks various gear, equipment, attribute upgrades and attribute bonuses.
Earn XP by finishing holes, making birdies, hitting shots using draw/fade, hitting greens and fairways in regulation, close approaches, etc.
Attribute Bonuses are a new way to set your golfer’s strengths and weaknesses. Players select one Attribute Bonus (Balanced, Power, Precision, Finesse) and have the ability to unlock space for up to three more. With everything unlocked, there are thousands of combinations to choose from.
Skills can be set up to match a play style, or edited to give players the best chance on a particular course.
Distance bonuses may come in handy on a long, wide-open course, while accuracy and shot-shaping abilities will be beneficial on a tighter, more technical track.
Shows current standings or skill level, and what unlockables are available at the next level.
TOUR PRO HUB
Once you’re finished here, you are taken to the Tour Pro hub, which is the hub for all things Tour Pro Mode.
Players can set up equipment, change outfits, edit skills and more.
Here’s a look at all the things possible in the Tour Pro Hub:
See what’s coming up next and head out to the course.
Easily find and equip newly unlocked equipment, or optimize everything with the press of a button.
IN THE BAG
Fully customize your clubs and bag. Players now have a completely mixed bag of goodies, and are not restricted by club types. Want three drivers in the bag? Go for it. Fully customize your club head, shaft and grip.
For the first time, players can set up different outfits to automatically rotate each round – Thursday through Sunday.
The most apparel ever, featuring more than 600 options to choose from.
Choose from a traditional 18-hole experience, or focus on the most important holes with the all-new Quick Rounds feature.
Highlights accomplishments throughout the mode, ranging from simply finishing tournaments to setting records and signing with sponsors.
Create a legacy in PGA TOUR Pro, and see what Golf Your Way is all about.
01:22 PM - May 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS.
Game Informer has posted 25 things to know about Madden NFL 16's Franchise Mode. Quite a few of them were not included in the official blog released earlier today. Below are a few items of interest, click here to read them all.
- Draft classes are randomized, and the development team has tweaked the process to try and ensure better and more realistic distribution of positions drafted and where they are drafted.
- Once your player is drafted, you'll immediately see their ratings and where they rank in the draft in terms of their overall rating.
- Madden 16 does not include major changes to signing free agents or the available contact options. Elements missing in previous years like restricted free agents and the fifth-year option are not in the game.
- Commissioners of online and offline leagues can apply wins or losses to other players' matches. This could come in handy if there was something that prevented a game that should have won, or if you want to advance the week to skip over a deadbeat player.
12:13 PM - May 28, 2015. Posted by CM Hooe. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has just released Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise details. Players can choose between offline and cloud saves. With cloud saves, you can advance weeks faster and access the league online and invite friends. The blog details confidence tuning, free practice, combine stats, scouting and much more.
Below are some of the new details in Madden NFL 16 Connected Franchise, click here to read the entire blog.
DYNAMIC DRIVE GOALS
Each new drive contains a Drive Goal that can be completed for bonus XP and/or Confidence.
Specific goals are tailored based on events in the current game to give players a unique challenge each and every game.
Dynamic Drive Goals truly influence the way you play. The more goals you complete, the faster your players improve.
POST-PLAY GOAL FEEDBACK
The team listened to fan feedback and made it easier for players to see which goals have been completed in-game. This year, players will now see goal feedback throughout the mode.
XP and Confidence updates appear next to your player at the end of each play. A new ticker at the bottom of the screen tracks goal progress and shows updates to all the goals influenced that play.
Players will also notice new broadcast interface elements that celebrate completing goals. This adds up to a groundbreaking broadcast experience for Connected Franchise.
Weekly goals have been refactored from the ground up by implementing a new quest-like system that chains goals together week to week. These goals are assigned based on performance, position, and career status and are both team-based and individual.
For example, a “Breakout Running Back” goal may be triggered for rookie running backs that are having a great season.
As goals are completed or missed, player confidence will fluctuate. Some focus on negative stats such as fumbles and interceptions, and are tied to regression.
GOAL LOADING SCREENS
New goal loading screens allow players to maximize goal completion. Completing these goals during the game will give you additional XP and/or Confidence that helps players perform better on the field.
THINGS TO DO
The Connected Franchise Hub is more streamlined, and players can find what they need faster than ever.
It all starts on the consolidated Things to Do screen, which brings all the information from last year’s Actions and Home to one convenient location. Players can see where they stand in the season timeline, and how far they are from the Playoffs.
VISUAL TEAM DEPTH CHART
One major overhaul this year is the all-new Visual Team Depth Chart, which allows players to easily see each side of the ball and make adjustments.
Your depth chart is the heart and soul of your team, which is why we brought it to the forefront with the Team Panel. Simply drag and drop players to reorder the depth chart.
Another big improvement is the new Player Card, which gives players an attribute breakdown without having to scroll left or right on a spreadsheet. This screen includes all the key position attributes for the player, and which attributes are being affected by Confidence.
Quickly perform key actions such as spending XP, viewing goals, adding to the trade block, and more.
Scouting has been reworked from the ground up in Madden NFL 16. Coaches and Owners will see a “Thing to Do” item in Week 3 that instructs how to Scout. The basic concept is that you’ll spend Scouting Points on a player, learn more about their abilities, and decide whether you want to select them in the upcoming NFL Draft.
Scouting Points unlock a player’s top three attributes, with the third unlock providing their true draft value. This true draft value will help teams find “Diamonds” and “Overvalued” players in the draft class.
Will you take a projected fifth-round pick with second-round skills in round two, or wait until later hoping that others don’t realize his potential? These are the types of decisions that come to life with the new true talent rating.
Players can now access Combine Reports during NFL Combine Week, which includes a Combine Grade and results from six Combine events: 40-yard Dash, Vertical Jump, Broad Jump, 3 Cone, 20-yard Shuttle, and Bench Press. These results can be seen without spending any Scouting Points.
Combine Reports not only include results, but also how players stack up compared to others at their position. Will you draft the fastest running back in the class, or look for a well-rounded player?
The Draft screen itself has received a visual overhaul, and now provides much-needed feedback right after selecting a player. You’ll immediately be able to see the player’s attributes and where he was ranked, which provides immediate feedback on whether or not you made a good pick.
New Members panels allow players to quickly interact with fellow league members in a Cloud Franchise. You can see their game status and whether they’re online.
Commissioners can toggle Auto Pilot, clear cap penalties, and remove them from the league.
League commissioners can influence wins by using the League Schedule. Sim-a-Win allows you to set the winning team for any game that has not been played.
This tool allows players to craft the season of their dreams, and also helps facilitate large multiplayer leagues.
Players voiced a desire to practice with their Franchise team, so the team went ahead and added Free Practice to Game Prep this year.
Coaches or Owners can take their team on the field to experiment by using Free Practice. When Game Prep is available during the week, Free Practice can also be used at no additional cost.
Free Practice is a great way to a look at how a team plays, and lets players stay ahead of the curve.
Confidence has been greatly tuned in Madden NFL 16. We’ve decreased the amount that confidence changes for every player, and also adjusted the ratings per position that can go up or down, and how confidence impacts them.
A new Game Prep activity has been added to the preseason, which allows teams to improve their low confidence before the season begins. We’ve also increased the amount of time each team has in Game Prep every week.
OWNER MODE FINANCE TUNING
Small-market teams in older stadiums now have more money to spend into the offseason every year.
10:10 AM - May 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Project CARS game update 1.3 has been released for Xbox One users, weighing in at 370MB. Check out the patch notes below.
- Added ABS brake rumble to Xbox One triggers, so that the impulse triggers will rumble on losing traction when braking. The amount of trigger rumble is controlled together with Force Feedback strength via the Force Feedback slider.
- Improved the efficiency of the controller rumble effect, to help make the steering more responsive
- Fixed an issue where moving the sticks from one extreme to the other would sometimes result in the steering getting stuck.
- Reworked the Xbox One analogue sticks range and axis dead zones, providing much improved steering control.
- Fanatec wheels – Fixed the issue with steering jolts that some users experience.
- Fixed an occasional crash when advancing from Qualifying to Race.
- Fixed an occasional crash when returning from a race to the Race Central.
- Set Time Trials starting time to 11am to match the PC platform. This ensures consistent track temperatures across all platforms, as track temperatures affect lap times.
- Enabled saving of community event ghosts. These ghosts are automatically stored online, and you can then download ghosts of other players’ laps for these events.
- Fixed an issue where at times the miles driven on a particular track or with a particular car would be logged under the wrong car or track. This improves the accuracy of the player’s Affinity ratings.
- Sakitto and Summerton variations - Corrected track info regarding number of turns and track length.
- Sakitto Sprint - Fixed a crash that would at times occur when using time acceleration.
- Cadwell variations - Fixed draw distance issues on various objects.
- Oschersleben variations - Fixed odd lights around track and colour issues with the horizon.
- Zolder - Fixed an issue where the player car would sometimes start in a closed garage.
- Fixed an issue where AI vehicles were sometimes sent to the pits due to low fuel on races where refueling is not allowed.
- Pitstop strategy will now use the actual bar value for tyre pressures.
- Fixed an issue where the Pit engineer would repeatedly inform the player that a pit crew member has lost a wheel nut during pit stops.
- Fixed an issue where the Pit Engineer would call the player to stop for fuel when fuel consumption was disabled in options.
- Improved the smoothness of the sun, moon, stars, and shadow motion when rewinding replays of a race that had a high time acceleration.
09:09 AM - May 28, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
Reading into producers Sean Ramjagsingh's and Andy Agostini's statements on why GM Connected wasn't included in the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NHL 15 or NHL 16, the underlying message coming out of EA Canada seems to be, You (the fans) asked for it. We (the developers) built it. But you didn't play it. So we axed it.
Read More - GM Connected's Failure Wasn't NHL Fan's Fault
07:35 AM - May 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
FIFA 16 will feature 12 Women’s National Teams, check out the trailer here and a few screenshots here. Those 12 teams include Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States of America. Gamers can use them in Kick Off, Offline Tournament and online Friendly matches.
EA Sports mo-capped the player movement from Sydney Leroux, Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe. You will see new in-game animations, including new walks, runs and sprints. Facial scans, facial features and hairstyles were also completed at various tournaments and events.
FIFA 16 is scheduled to release on September 22nd for North America on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PC.
UPDATE: EA Sports has added their FAQ for the Women's National Teams in FIFA 16. Below are a few of them, click here to view them all.
Read the full press release below.
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 16 will feature 12 Women’s National Teams for the first time in franchise history when it launches starting on September 22, 2015 in North America. Women’s National Teams from Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Sweden, and the United States of America will all represent their respective federations in several FIFA 16 game modes including Kick Off, an Offline Tournament, as well as Online* Friendly Matches.
“Bringing some of the best women’s players and teams in the world to our franchise is a massive event for EA SPORTS, and we are equally excited about bringing millions of fans a new way to play,” said David Rutter, VP and GM, EA SPORTS FIFA. “We’re making sure fans get an authentic experience when playing with Women’s National Teams thanks to our innovative player capture and reference tools, as well as the sophisticated gameplay platform which we will continue to innovate on in FIFA 16.”
From all new player movement and likeness, to realistic animations and attributes, the FIFA development team have authentically recreated 12 of the top-ranked teams in the world. Capturing all new player movement was done with meticulous detail and supported by a motion capture session at EA Canada with four top players from United States Women’s National Team: Sydney Leroux, Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe. The players’ movements helped to build new locomotion for women in FIFA 16 including new walks, runs, sprints, and horizontal movement. Soccer Canada also visited EA to provide full-player references captured using the 360 degree body scanning rig – the references were then used to develop new player models. And the mobile headscanning unit travelled to a variety of tournaments and events around the world to capture facial features including hairstyles to ensure players look as realistic as possible in FIFA 16. Players in the game will look and move in game like they do on the pitch when representing their country.
“I honestly can’t believe all of the science and technology behind the game itself, let alone getting us into the motion capture suits and eventually into the game,” said Abby Wambach, world record holder for International goals scored and forward, United States Women’s National Team. “We’re all excited to see ourselves in the game, but even more excited to see the reaction from all of the fans, including the fans of our team that maybe wouldn’t be expecting something like this from EA SPORTS.”
FIFA 16 with Women’s National Teams** will be available when the game launches on Origin™ on PC, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
05:12 PM - May 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports continues to slowly reveal the roster for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR. Today they have released a quick video showcasing Jonas Blixt.
So far EA Sports has confirmed Rickie Fowler, winner of The Players Championship, Masters Champion, Jordan Spieth and the cover athlete Rory McIlroy, with plans to reveal more of the roster in the coming weeks.
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is scheduled to release on July 14th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.