Four things you'll want to try when you get this year's game.
Which teams are going to be a lot better next year?
Hockey could be changing, how will it affect NHL 16?
A flaw seems to have appeared in how NBA 2K15 handles shot forms.
Operation Sports Content
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
07:41 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K15 patch #4, which arrived on March 12th for PlayStation 4 users, is available now for Xbox One users. It weighs in at 2.5 GB.
The patch primarily addresses the shoe issues in the game, more specifically in MyCAREER mode. You can see the workaround here. Once the patch notes are finally released, we will update this post.
Let us know what you are seeing.
01:40 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by DustinT. Written by Dustin Toms
Last year, when SCEA announced year-to-year saves, gamers rejoiced. It's tough making it through an 82-game season in NBA 2K. But hell, try playing 162 games! Year-to-year saves allows games to never lose their invested time into the teams and players they love. And now that MLB 15 The Show is here, we can at long last enjoy the new feature. Will it live up to the hype?
Read More: MLB 15 The Show: Year-to-Year Saves
12:04 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by DustinT. Written by Robert Kollars
As good as Sony San Diego’s MLB franchise has been for the last decade, the one consistent struggle has been the online portion, specifically connecting to another player and trying to play a simple head-to-head game. While results will vary greatly depending on who you talk to, the one description that rarely changes when describing MLB The Show online is inconsistency. When asked about the struggles, the developers have offered up multiple reasons why different people have varying degrees of moderate success to simply complete failure when attempting to play online, but I have yet to hear one that credibly explains why one can connect to a person eight states away and have a decent experience, but when that same person attempts to connect to a friend eight blocks away, they get the dreaded “connection failed” message.
Read More: MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
11:21 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by DustinT. Written by Dustin Toms
Our writers have had nearly 24 hours of play time with MLB 15 The Show. Let's just say this is good news.
Read More: MLB 15 The Show: Day One Impressions (Roundtable)
04:45 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Ben Vollmer
There are only a few things I'm sure of in this world, and one of them is that every spring MLB: The Show is going to release as one of the best sports video games of the year. There is a certain comfort to it all. The game doesn't change much, new features don't even have to be used (which really should be a staple in all sports games), and the game isn't going to have a single bug in it that is going to ruin my experience.
But when does this comfort become apathy? Baseball, more so than almost any other sport, thrives on tradition. The Show, in return, seems to do the same. Reliably consistent, the series makes additions that don't really change anything, but rather enhance the experience. As other games evolve and devolve by taking chances, The Show seems so comfortable in its own skin that it seems uncomfortable with the idea of leaving it behind. Often times, this works in its favor. Other times, it makes me wonder when and if we'll ever see MLB: The Show take another big leap forward.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Reviewer Day One Impressions (Written by - Ben Vollmer)
03:06 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
R.B.I. Baseball 15 is available now for PlayStation 4 users and will be available for Xbox One users at around 8:00 PM ET. In case you missed it, read our interview with Jamie Leece (MLBAM VP, Games) to get more details about the game.
New game features and enhancements include:
- Authentic ballparks with unique characteristics from every Major League Baseball club
- Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball mode with 16 player rosters
- Stat tracking by team, player and season league leaders across multiple seasons
- Features over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes based on hundreds of millions of data points from the MLB.com database
- Master the art of hitting and fielding with 2-button retro controls. Optional fielding controls using face buttons.
- Own the pitch: Control the movement of your pitch from start to finish
- Multiple Game Modes:
- Online multiplayer includes friendly and ranked games
- Local 2P couch play
- Season, Postseason & Exhibition Mode
- Adjustable difficulty settings; Easy, Medium, Hard
03:00 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
MLB 15 The Show dropped today in stores, and many OS'ers have their hands on this year's flagship MLB title. I took some time to record some thoughts while I played through my first game this morning in The Show. You can watch the video above to hear some of my thoughts and see some gameplay, including my terrible hitting, hey it was my first game and my timing was off!
Watch the video and let us know what you think of The Show after your first few hours with the game!
09:40 AM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Millennium. Written by Steve Noah
Now that MLB 15 The Show is available for everyone, we would like to hear some early impressions from the OS community. Early impressions from the lucky OSers that found a copy early, can be seen here.
Please, only post impressions.
If you have questions, please use this thread.
If you want to see the beauty the game has, check out our member submitted Photography/Videography thread.
If you have bugs to report, please use this thread.
With that said, let's hear those impressions!
09:30 AM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The WWE 2K15 Path of the Warrior DLC is available now on Xbox One and is scheduled to arrive later this afternoon for PlayStation 4, check out the trailer here. This 2K Showcase is included for Season Pass subscribers, $9.99 to purchase separately.
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
- Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
- 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
Monday, March 30, 2015
06:18 PM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another GameStop MLB Monday has arrived. Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video, showing off the new features and improvements in the game.
If you missed it, click here to watch the first video focusing on the new digital economy system, their exclusive pre-order bonus and more. Click here to view the second video, showing off the graphical and stadium improvements in the game.
02:32 PM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K has just announced WWE 2K is scheduled to arrive this Spring on iOS and Android devices, for $7.99 (check out the screenshots here). It will feature authentic WWE action, including three match types, full WWE Superstar ring entrances and comprehensive move sets, Create-a-Superstar, Career Mode, Live Multiplayer Matches, Unlockable Rewards and more.
Read the full press release below.
2K Announces Development of First WWE Simulation Video Game for Mobile Devices with WWE® 2K
First WWE simulation-based experience for mobile set to deliver authentic in-ring action, Create-a-Superstar, Career Mode, live multiplayer matches, unlockable rewards and more
2K today announced the first simulation-based WWE video game for mobile platforms, WWE® 2K, is in development for iOS and Android and iOS devices. Currently scheduled for release in spring 2015 at a price point of $7.99, WWE 2K looks to offer authentic WWE gameplay in a mobile format through inspiration from several popular gameplay elements and modes from the WWE 2K flagship WWE video game franchise available on consoles.
Key features of WWE 2K currently include:
- Playable roster of many fan-favorite WWE Superstars, including John Cena®, Hulk Hogan®, Sting®, Triple H®, Undertaker®, Daniel Bryan®, Roman Reigns™, Seth Rollins™, Dean Ambrose™ and Bray Wyatt™;
- Authentic WWE action, including three match types, full WWE Superstar ring entrances and comprehensive move sets;
- Career Mode;
- Live Multiplayer Matches;
- Unlockable Rewards.
Developed by n-Space in conjunction with Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K will be available for $7.99 in Spring 2015 as a download on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®, as well as the Amazon Appstore for Android™ devices.
01:41 PM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
For those of you curious to see how MLB 15 The Show year-to-year saves work in RTTS, Franchise, or Season modes, check out the latest video, as Ramone Russell shows you how simple it is.
More details about year-to-year saves can be seen here, as quite a few people already have the game and testing it out. Ramone is there answering a few questions.
Below are some notes on year-to-year saves, specific to players no longer part of the MLBPA:
- We only remove players who are no longer a part of the Players Association. We update all the MLB players created by us.
- If players are no longer part of the MLBPA, their likeness will not be in the game.
01:09 PM - March 30, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
It's the final day of waiting, as MLB 15 The Show drops in stores tomorrow. Unless you are lucky and already own the game, you are probably at the point you've already made up your mind about what your buying decision is.
Let us know what you've decided by voting in the poll and leave a comment on what it is you decided in the comments below!
10:19 AM - March 30, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
With only a few hours to go, planning out your first moves with MLB: The Show 15 should be a priority. Everyone will have a personal preference, whether it's playing with your favorite team or immediately kicking off "Road to the Show," but there are four things that will be an absolute must to play around with come Tuesday.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Four Things You'll Want to Try
09:42 AM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
WWE 2K15 update 1.05 is available now on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles. Check out the details in the image above. When 2K releases more information about it, we will update this post. Thanks for the heads up vtcrb!
UPDATE: Full details on the patch have been released.
- Superstars now recover stamina while standing on the turnbuckle, which should increase opportunities to use top rope signatures and finishers.
- Improved issues related to move selling and opponents not staying down compared to the previous patch.
- AI teammates will no longer break up their own partner’s submission attempts during an elimination tag team match.
- Fixed an issue in which top rope and ladder dives were consistently missing downed opponents outside the ring despite being in range.
- Addressed an issue with the Texas Cloverleaf submission hold.
- Addressed an issue with the Running Knee Lift Finisher.
- Irish whipping a Diva or female manager into an environmental hazard as a Superstar will now result in disqualification.
- Fixed an issue with blood appearing consistently on a Superstar who has been “busted open” during victory scenes (if the blood option is turned on).
- Tag Team nameplates should now display correctly if one of the teams has a manager in a Tag Team match.
- Addressed issues with the pre-match introduction in Championship matches featuring Bray Wyatt with a manager assigned.
- The title splash screen now correctly appears during the first title match in MyCareer.
- Players can no longer use WWE Superstars with modified stats saved as alternate attires in online matches with the “Fair Fight” option on.
- Addressed an issue in which Superstars with custom alternate attires were appearing in their default attire online.
- Addressed an issue with transitioning to the private match lobby when receiving consecutive invites on the main menu.
- The player is now able to create private matches when background matchmaking is set to ‘on.’ (Xbox One issue only)
- Addressed an issue in which the game could become unresponsive for several minutes if the player disconnected a wired internet connection and switched profiles on the main menu. (Xbox One issue only)
- Fixed a desync issue in Ranked One-on-One matches if users performed certain abilities simultaneously.
- Addressed a presentation issue with roster images on Tag Team match cards.
- An edited Diva can now properly defend a title assigned to her.
- Tag Team Champions are now announced as such during tag team entrances. In singles matches, Tag Team Champions will be announced as “one half of” the tag team champions in question.
- Addressed an issue related to an incorrect announcement occurring during entrances in matches with a player-created tag team.
- Addressed an issue related to an incorrect announcement occurring if a title holder successfully defended the title while using a manger.
- The announce table now reacts with more appropriate commentary to the Ring Breaker OMG! move.
- Randy Orton is now announced properly during his entrance while a title holder.
- Path of the Warrior - Made a number of fixes and updates related to functionality and presentation.
- Hulk Hogan Pack – Addressed an issue in which using Hulk Hogan’s Running Leg Drop 4 Finisher could cause the game to crash (PS4 issue only)
- NXT ArRIVAL - Addressed certain issues occurring with Emma’s moveset, including better move selling for opponents after being locked in the Dil-Emma.
- Addressed a major issue affecting certain users caused by installing NXT ArRIVAL prior to installing the previous patch. Affected players who installed NXT ArRIVAL should now have access to Viktor and be able to access Superstar Threads normally with their existing save file.
- Randy Orton ’04 is now editable in Superstar Threads once unlocked!
- Addressed an issue in which the player couldn’t attack Damien Sandow during one of his taunts.
- Addressed an issue that occurred when attempting to join an Xbox Live game session from the Xbox 360 Dashboard (Xbox 360 issue only)
- Divas will now display their Championship in their victory cutscene after winning a title match
- Brie Bella is now properly announced
- SFX should now trigger properly when the player reverses multiple grapples from behind
- SFX should now trigger properly when the player performs the “Springboard Knee Strike” to any Superstar on the ground.
- Path of the Warrior - Made a number of fixes and updates related to functionality and presentation.
- NXT ArRIVAL – The move preview for Emma Sandwich should now show the correct animation in Create-a-Moveset
- NXT ArRIVAL – In WWE Universe, tag team rivalries now properly reset when the titles are removed from the current champions involved in a rivalry and given to Viktor and Konnor.