PES 2015 arrives into next-generation better than ever...
Which game mode is getting the most playtime for you at this point?
Our staff discusses whether NBA 2K15's gameplay is truly the best in sports gaming...
And why you should care about it...
Operation Sports Content
Monday, October 20, 2014
10:27 AM - October 20, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS.
The PES 2015 demo dropped a couple of weeks ago, and our guys have spent a bit of time playing it. While there have been complaints about the series for a few years now, the on-pitch gameplay has typically been a strong suit of the game. With release a few weeks away still, here's a couple of sets of thoughts on the demo and what you can look forward to when PES 2015 releases on November 13.
Read More - The PES 2015 Demo Shows Solid Progress For the Series Into Next-Gen (Roundtable)
07:13 AM - October 20, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has announced FIFA 15 title update #2, coming right off the heels of the first title update released last week. It is available now on the PlayStation 4, checking on Xbox One.
UPDATE: Not seeing it yet on Xbox One. Will update when it is available.
Check out the details below, along with the screenshot above.
- Adjustments and improvements to shooting and goalkeepers.
- (PS4) Fix for fans experiencing stuttering during online and offline gameplay.
- Added ability to call out the keeper in Pro Clubs.
- Fix for instances where Player Instructions in Seasons mode were not carrying over into gameplay via Team Management.
- Further improvements to Player Search in Career Mode.
- Adjusted Legendary difficulty in gameplay.
- Improvements to Goal Line Technology.
- Fix for match length issues in FIFA Ultimate Team Single Player Seasons matches.
- Updated real-world injuries and suspensions in Match Day Live.
- Improvements to ‘Looking Ahead’ audio in Career.
- Fixes to Player selection in Team Management in multiplayer matches.
- Tuned player specific audio speech in all modes.
- (XB1) Improvements to motion blur effects.
- (XB1) Fix to the display of FIFA Ultimate Team Legend players in the EA SPORTS Football Club widget.
Sunday, October 19, 2014
11:37 AM - October 19, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Matthew Coe
Poll Results from this morning of users still having server related issues in NBA 2K15.
With the release of NBA 2K15, the team at 2K Sports and Visual Concepts promised a much improved experience when connecting online. After NBA 2K14 suffered with connectivity issues throughout most of the game's life cycle, we were told that 2K's top engineers had spent the entire NBA 2K15 development cycle working on network infrastructure. What has been delivered, at least so far, is nothing short of a disaster.
Attempts to connect to the 2K servers and to other users have been met with nothing but frustration through the first two weeks of the game's release. While the experience has been fraught with frustration, it has slowly began to improve over the last week.
However, major issues still persist.
Read More - The NBA 2K15 Online Experience Has Been an Avoidable Mess
11:23 AM - October 19, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K15 Server Issue Affecting Users, VC Lost and More
- NHL 15 Roster Update and New Tuner Available Now
- NBA Live 15 Podcast from NLSC Interviewing Sean O'Brien
- Defensive Improvements in NBA Live 15 with New Video
- Project CARS Delayed Until March 17, 2015
- Madden NFL 15 Week 7 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included
- NBA Live 15 Team Ratings For Both Conferences
- NBA 2K15 Patch Will Also Arrive For PC Gamers Soon
- NBA 2K15 Available Now For iOS and Amazon Fire Devices at $7.99 w/ Full MyCAREER Mode
- NBA Live 15 Demo Arrives on October 28th For PS4, EA Access Version on October 23rd
- NBA 2K15 Patch Submitted To Fix Players Being Booted off The Park & Other Things
- PES 2015 Menus, Settings, Faces, Stadiums, Master League, Gameplay Videos & More
- NBA Live 15 Soundtrack Revealed
- WWE 2K15 Downloadable Content and Season Pass Program Announced and Detailed
- FIFA 15 Title Update Available Now For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Details Included
- NBA Live 15 and Synergy Sports Promise To Deliver a Real-Time NBA Experience
- WWE 2K15 Soundtrack Revealed
- FIFA 15 Ultimate Team Mobile Review: A Decent Option on the Go
Videos and Screenshots
- WWE 2K15 Video - The Wyatt Family Entrance
- Defensive Improvements in NBA Live 15 with New Video
- The Making of WWE 2K15 Part 2 - The Game Has Changed (Video)
- F1 2014 Launch Trailer
Features & Blogs
- In NBA 2K15, What Game Mode is Getting The Most Time? (Roundtable
- Dual Threat Podcast - Season 3: Episode 13 - Week 8 Preview
- A Quick Guide to FIFA 15's Manager Mode
- Press Row Podcast - Fall Racing Roundtable
- NHL 15 Hasn't Updated Its Rosters Since September 3rd
- NBA 2K15 Fact or Fiction: Is NBA 2K15's Gameplay the Best in Sports Gaming?
- NBA 2K15's SimCast is its Most Underrated Feature
- NBA 2K15's MyGM Offers Robust Roster Management Options
- Dual Threat Podcast - Week 7 Review Show
- NBA 2K15 Forces You To Rethink Your Approach (Roundtable)
- NBA 2K15 Review: A Great Game on the Court Marred by Missteps Off Of It (PS4)
Saturday, October 18, 2014
05:26 PM - October 18, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS.
We're a couple of weeks into the NBA 2K15 experience, and while we still have some major issues going on within the game, many of you are no doubt playing several possible modes within the game.
We asked our staff which mode is their favorite and getting their most playtime up to this point, be sure to add your own response in the comments!
Read More - In NBA 2K15, What Game Mode is Getting The Most Time? (Roundtable)
12:09 PM - October 18, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NBA 2K15 servers are apparently online and working, according to the official page, but many PlayStation 4 (some Xbox One) users in the OS community and Twitter, including myself, have been having issues connecting to them, some have had this same issue since Monday.
On the PlayStation 4, you can hit the "Triangle" button to manage your files, by hovering over the MyCAREER tab. While that does resolve the issue for some users, it doesn't work for everyone. If you can't connect to the servers, you have no access to MyTEAM.
While this is a major concern for those that are affected, there are others that have lost VC and 2K Support hasn't exactly been helpful. Maybe the upcoming patch will fix these issues, maybe not. The only real details that have been revealed deal with users getting booted out of The Park.
Here are just a few comments on Twitter, please post what you are seeing.
10:43 AM - October 18, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In the thirteenth episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode discuss the unbelievable college football season for the state of Mississippi thus far, the upcoming debut of the College Football Playoff Committee's rankings, plus Drab and Bode breakdown and make predictions for the big games of the day; Baylor-West Virginia, Georgia-Arkansas, Kansas State-Oklahoma, Texas A&M-Alabama, Oklahoma-TCU, Washington-Oregon, Stanford-Arizona State and Notre Dame-Florida State!
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys every Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
Friday, October 17, 2014
09:49 PM - October 17, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has finally released another NHL 15 roster update. The last update was way back on September 3rd. They also released a new tuner update, details below.
- Overall tuning pass for goal scoring balance.
- Goalies will be weaker when forced to move more and/or when they end up in desperation saves. (goalie reaction/awareness tuning)
- Puck carriers are now more accountable for being in control before shooting for better accuracy. (puck control/shot accuracy tuning)
- High percentage scoring areas will be more advantageous to shoot from than when forced to shoot from bad angles. (shot accuracy and goalie reaction tuning)
07:16 PM - October 17, 2014. Posted by 22cedric. Written by Guest Post
Editors Note: The following is text prepared by the folks at NLSC and posted in our forums about a new podcast available on their website.
We’re excited to present you with another special episode of the NLSC Podcast this week, featuring our highly anticipated second interview with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer, Sean O’Brien! Our community submitted lots of questions for Sean and we did our best to ask as many of them as possible, as once again he was very open and candid in his responses. Some of the topics we discussed include:
- The decision to push back NBA Live 15’s release, and the work that’s been done in the additional weeks of development time.
- The demo/early access dates, and what those trial versions will entail.
- Key improvements in this year’s game, at both ends of the court.
- What features are on the cards for next year, and why certain features couldn’t be included this year (such as sliders).
- Some of the community’s most commonly asked questions about NBA Live 15.
- And much more!
06:51 PM - October 17, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K has released a new WWE 2K15 video, this one features the entrance from the Wyatt Family. We should expect to see quite a bit more from the game since it releases on October 28th for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions will follow next month, on the 18th.
04:01 PM - October 17, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Groves
While Manager Mode remains relatively unchanged from FIFA 14, it still remains a popular mode offering enough depth to provide hours upon hours of enjoyment in FIFA 15. Let’s take a brief refresher course and revisit why this mode is still a solid offline experience. This brief guide will highlight a few notable areas which are detrimental to your success as a skipper.
Read More - A Quick Guide to FIFA 15's Manager Mode
03:18 PM - October 17, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 105th episode of the Press Row Podcast welcomes two good friends back to the show as it pits this fall’s two big racing games against each other – Forza Horizon 2 vs DriveClub. Greg Sewart from the Player One Podcast and Pete Dodd from Dodd Scientifics join host Rich Grisham in an extended conversation that looks at what’s great and not-so-great about both titles. In addition, the community weighs in on their thoughts. Finally, the panelists examine the other next-gen racing games coming soon and the overall, ever-changing racing game landscape. Whether you’re a huge fan of the genre or just casually into racing games, chances are you’ll get a kick out of this episode.
Joining us this week:
- Greg Sewart, Player One Podcast and Generation-16 (@Sewart))
- Pete Dodd, Dodd Scientifics (@atPeteDodd)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 47 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
03:06 PM - October 17, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has posted another NBA Live 15 video today showing off the defensive improvements in the game. They also posted some additional details a new blog. It doesn't appear as though many changes were made at all to the defensive adjustments at first glance, I'd have to pull up NBA Live 14 to be sure, but the video does show improvement.
UPDATE: All of the defensive adjustments are the same as NBA Live 14, I just pulled it up to be sure. With that said, you can see some improvements from the defense in the video, just wished they would have showed some real 5 on 5 gameplay.
If you missed the offensive improvements video, you can view it here.
Watch the video, read the blog and post your thoughts.
10:19 AM - October 17, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
New week, new Operation Sports FanDuel fantasy football league. It's $5 to enter again in week 7, and first place wins $75. Click here to join.
OperationSports Member Chucklesbiscotti cruised to a 7 point win in week 6, thanks to a very solid lineup that included some of the day's best picks. Matt Forte, Brandon Oliver, and Mohammed Sanu had standout performances for him. Had Chuckles entered this team into the Sunday $1.75 Million tournament, he would've finished in 630th out of 82,000 teams, good for a $300 payday.
Sweettouch finished in 2nd place, carried by a strong day by an off-the-radar selection, Cam Newton.
Here's the week 6 champ Chuckles' lineup, which was good for a cool $75 first place prize.
Here's the link for week 7's league. Good luck!
09:43 AM - October 17, 2014. Posted by MrZone. Written by Steve Noah
IGN has posted part 2 of their making of WWE 2K15 series, as they show off some of the motion capturing and more.
If you missed part 1, click here.