A look at the process of reviewing tough to review games...
This year's Madden Ultimate Team is better than ever, why you should be giving it a shot.
How to stop the mesh route in Madden, in just about a minute.
Can the past-gen version offer any value to NHL fans?
Chris "LD2K" Manning and the NBA 2K15 developer team just sent us the full list and description of the NBA 2K15 badges. These badges are exclusive to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Read More - Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges
IRB Gamer has posted their hands-on impressions of NBA Live 15. Other than mentioning a new free throw mechanic and Game Face not being included, there isn't much else here.
There is no mention of an early demo, which looked like a possibility from an article back in July. NBA Live 15 is scheduled to arrive for EA Access subscribers five days before release, which would give users six hours of gameplay, starting on October 23rd. If there is no demo, PlayStation 4 users will have no way of trying the game out, prior to purchase.
Feel free to give it a read and post your thoughts.
The 101st episode of the Press Row Podcast run the gamut, from big-time AAA sports games to brand new mobile indie offerings. Up first, host Rich Grisham interviews NHL 15 producer Sean Ramjagsingh about the launch of EA’s pro hockey title – what went well, whether fan expectations were fair, reactions to the lack of modes that had been in previous generation versions of the game, and the future of the franchise. It’s an honest look at the extraordinary difficulties that surround making the leap from one generation to another. Up next, ESPN’s Gus Ramsey (and his new puppy Bronco!) joins Rich for his annual take on Madden 15. Lastly, Rich is joined by PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey to interview Mike Saperstein, the creative director of the new Tap Sports Baseball mobile game that many of our listeners have found to be a lot of fun. They discuss the ideas behind the game and how it came to life.
Joining us this week:
- Sean Ramjagsingh, EA Sports (@Rammer34)
- Gus Ramsey, ESPN (@GusRamsey)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- Michael Saperstein, Tap Sports Baseball
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 52 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
It looks like 2K Sports has picked up Jon Smith, AKA JaoSming, to work on the NBA 2K series.
Most of you know him for his PC modding work on the series... Sometimes here, but mostly over at NLSC. For those unfamiliar with his work, check out his YouTube channel.
Let's wish him the best of luck.
2K has just announced NBA2K TV, exclusively for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the video with sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita and cover athlete Kevin Durant and leave your thoughts.
Read the full press release below.
2K today introduced NBA2K TV, an innovative, player-focused, in-game broadcast program coming to the next-generation and PC versions of NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Hosted by sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita, NBA2K TV will be the source for NBA 2K community news by delivering compelling game-related programming and giving dedicated NBA 2K players a voice in the content of each show.
NBA 2KTV’s on-demand show format will also showcase content from the most popular gameplay features dictated by fans of NBA 2K15. Viewers can expect to see interviews with the game’s development team, gameplay highlights, game related events, basketball culture, NBA player interviews, basketball lifestyle and more.
Check out the new Forza Horizon 2 live action TV commercial titled, Leave Your Limits. It's a great video showcasing the massive wide-open world in the game.
Forza Horizon 2 is available on September 30th, exclusively on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Check out the complete list of stadiums in FIFA 15, featuring over 40 licensed stadiums, including every one of them in the Barclays Premier League.
- La Bombonera - Boca Juniors
- BC Place Stadium - Vancouver Whitecaps
- Anfield - Liverpool FC
- Boleyn Ground - West Ham United
- Britannia Stadium - Stoke City
- Emirates Stadium - Arsenal
- Etihad Stadium - Manchester City
- Goodison Park - Everton
- King Power Stadium - Leicester City
- Liberty Stadium - Swansea City
- Loftus Road - Queens Park Rangers
- Old Trafford - Manchester United
- Selhurst Park - Crystal Palace
- St. James' Park - Newcastle United
- St. Mary's Stadium - Southampton
- Stadium of Light - Sunderland
- Stamford Bridge - Chelsea FC
- The Hawthorns - West Bromwich Albion
- The KC Stadium - Hull City
- Turf Moor - Burnley
- Villa Park - Aston Villa
- Wembley Stadium - England
- White Hart Lane - Tottenham Hotspur
- Parc des Princes - Paris Saint-Germain
- Stade Gerland - Olympique Lyonnais
- Allianz Arena - Bayern München, TSV 1860 München
- Imtech Arena - Hamburger SV
- Olympiastadion - Hertha BSC
- Signal Iduna Park - Borussia Dortmund
- Veltins-Arena - FC Schalke 04
- Juventus Stadium - Juventus
- San Siro/Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - AC Milan, Inter
- Stadio Olimpico - Lazio, Roma
- Estadio Azteca - Club América, Mexico
- Amsterdam ArenA - Ajax, The Netherlands
- King Fahd International Stadium - Al Hial, Al Nassr, Al Shabab
- Camp Nou - FC Barcelona
- Estadio Vicente Calderon - Atlético de Madrid
- Mestalla - Valencia
- Santiago Bernabéu - Real Madrid
- Donbass Arena - Shakhtar Donetsk
- Available in Kick-Off, FIFA Ultimate Team, Career Mode and during skill games.
The above video is from our friends at GoMadden. If you like the video above, subscribe to GoMadden on YouTube and follow them on Twitter.
Madden 15 is all about thinking running first, passing second, which is why it’s incredibly important to make sure you are giving your runners the best opportunity to succeed. In our latest in Madden Tips, we’re going to show you a method to make those Wildcat runs all the more dangerous.
You may not realize it, but you can turn your Power runs from the Wildcat into dangerous option plays, simply by clicking a button. With this technique, you can maximize your efficiency when running the ball, and make it much more challenging for the defense to key in on you running lanes. It’s one of the more fun tips we’ve been using in recent days.
If you can't see the video above, click here to see it.
Check out the latest FIFA 15 video, showcasing the new skill and flair moves in the game, and how to pull them off.
The video features Chelsea and Belgium star, Eden Hazard.
EA Sports released the Madden NFL 15 week 3 roster update, along with an Excel spreadsheet showing all of the changes. These include updated ratings and/or position changes for 695 players. You will also notice player accessory updates as well.
Below are some of the rating adjustments.
- Philip Rivers +1 (92 Overall)
- Michael Bennett +2 (92 Overall)
- Ryan Kerrigan +3 (89 Overall)
- Chandler Jones +3 (89 Overall)
- Darren Sproles +3 (89 Overall)
- Antonio Gates +2 (88 Overall)
- Jay Cutler +2 (87 Overall)
- Julius Peppers +2 (84 Overall)
- Tashaun Gipson +4 (83 Overall)
- Rolando McClain +2 (80 Overall)
- Kyle Fuller +3 (78 Overall)
- Niles Paul +5 (75 Overall)
- Joseph Randle +3 (71 Overall)
- Brandon Fields -3 (93 Overall)
- Nate Solder -2 (88 Overall)
- Justin Tuck -2 (88 Overall)
- Linval Joseph -2 (85 Overall)
- Tarell Brown -2 (84 Overall)
- Greg Jennings -2 (82 Overall)
- Travis Frederick -2 (80 Overall)
- Matt Kalil -4, (76 Overall)
- Malcolm Smith -3 (78 Overall)
- Trent Richardson -2 (78 Overall)
- Riley Cooper -2 (78 Overall)
- Josh McCown -1 (80 Overall)
In light of the scores that NHL 15 received around the Internet, I started thinking about the concepts of review scoring and user expectation when it comes to sports games. To be sure, there have been a lot of vocal fans and consumers who are upset about what they feel happened with this year's version of NHL 15. You don’t have to throw a stone far to hit someone who is bothered by what they feel is an incomplete product that doesn't fit with the steady quality that NHL has enjoyed up until this point. I echoed a lot of these sentiments in my own review, where I described a "dissonance" in the way the game provided some enjoyment with its gameplay and presentation while at the same time disillusioning me with its missing features and paltry mode selection.
Read More - Expectations, Scores, and the Sports Gaming Review
The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 151st overall rated player through 200.
The top 150 players will be revealed later, as the Twitter account builds more followers.
Post your thoughts!
EA Sports has released a roster update for NBA Live 14. It includes the offseason moves, but none of the rookies were included. Based off of first glance, it doesn't appear as though any jersey numbers were updated. LeBron James is still wearing 6 and Kevin Love is wearing 42.
Big player names have been moved to their appropriate teams, even some of the most recent transactions are in.
- Leandro Barbosa with the Warriors.
- Shawn Marion with the Cavs.
- Not seeing Jared Dudley on the Bucks, he's still on the Clippers roster.
- Kendall Marshall with the Bucks.
- Cartier Martin with the Pistons.
- Quincy Acy and Travis Outlaw with the Knicks.
- Mike Miller with the Cavs.
- Mo Williams with the Wolves.
Polyphony has released a new update for Gran Turismo 6 featuring new cars and tracks, as well as other odds and ends on the PS3.
New to the game are two new cars. The Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo and the Nissan GT-R NISMO Edition. Also new is the first original long course called Circuito de la Sierra, which is modeled after the Ronda region of Spain. Players will attempt to complete a lap around the course within the allotted time. The time remaining can be extended by passing through checkpoints in the 12 different sectors of the course. During your drive you can raise your score and combo level by successfully overtaking vehicles and passing through speed traps along the way. Be careful, any impact to the barriers or other cars will cause your combo to be lost.
If you have the game, be sure to let us know how the new Sierra Time Rally mode is!