And the game which looks and sounds the prettiest is...
The best Card Collecting mode of 2015 was...
The best new feature of 2015 is...
Which game had the best post-launch support of 2015?
Operation Sports Content
Thursday, February 11, 2016
06:37 PM - February 11, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The final Madden NFL 16 roster update of the season has just arrived, check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.
- Derek Wolfe +1 (91)
- C.J. Anderson +1 (85)
- Jared Allen +1 (83)
- Kony Ealy +1 (80)
- Sylvester Williams +1 (77)
- Kawann Short -1 (95)
- Ted Ginn Jr. -1 (81)
- Michael Oher -1 (76)
- Mike Remmers -1 (75)
05:06 PM - February 11, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The MLB The Show 16 Twitch stream has begun, as the team talks about The Little Things, including the return of Sounds of the Show.
UPDATE: For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archive here.
02:18 PM - February 11, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Need For Speed is scheduled to arrive for PC users on March 17, complete with wheel support from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec (Thrustmaster TX, Thrustmaster T500, Thrustmaster T300, Thrustmaster T150, Logitech G920, Logitech G29 were shown in the trailer), 4K resolution, unlocked framerate, manual transmission and more. Check out the trailer here.
For users hoping to see manual transmission added to the console version of Need For Speed, the team mentioned on Twitter that it will be added in an upcoming update, but no date has been revealed.
If you are an Origin Access subscriber, you can start playing Need For Speed on March 10, for a limited time.
Source - Need For Speed
08:38 AM - February 11, 2016. Posted by cujomatty. Written by Steve Noah
NBA Live 16 game update 1.06 is available now, adding the All-Star court in Toronto, new All-Star uniforms and updated rosters for the big game on Sunday.
In addition to the All-Star updates, the team has added over 250 new LIVE Season Challenges, as well as various improvements to presentation and Online H2H.
05:50 AM - February 11, 2016. Posted by GetThePuckOut. Written by Steve Noah
NHL 16 patch title update #5 is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. Full details can be seen in the image above.
The patch notes mention new jerseys are available, but nobody can see them yet, for some reason. We will update this post when we hear anything. Otherwise, let us know what you are seeing.
UPDATE: Download the latest roster update to see the new jerseys. Here are some more details on the patch.
- Increased attribute effect range to create more player separation.
- Increased range of attribute effects for goalies so that the weaker goalies are further separated from the best ones.
- Increased goalies ability to save slower low shots and passes towards the net.
- Increased referee strictness when teams were already shorthanded so that penalties no longer go uncalled.
- Increased pokecheck success when in proper positions.
- Increased penalties from stick lift at wrong angles.
- Removed the effect protecting the puck has in resistance to being hit (either with protect puck or holding the puck out away from your opponent). Note: Being in a controlled glide with full balance and/or limiting the relative speed of the hit will still be advantageous over skating, performing an action or higher relative speed hits when trying to stay in control.
- Addressed issue where players would occasionally stay in the penalty box for the rest of the game after the end of their penalty.
- Addressed issue where players would not line up correctly when using the aggressive faceoff style during an offensive zone faceoff.
- Added the 2015-16 Boston Bruins Winter Classic jersey
- Added the 2015-16 Montreal Canadian’s Winter Classic jersey
- Added the 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks Stadium Series jersey
- Added the 2015-16 Minnesota Wild Stadium Series jersey
- Added the 2015-16 Colorado Avalanche Stadium Series jersey
- Added the 2015-16 Detroit Red Wings Stadium Series jersey
- Added the San Antonio Rampage 3rd jersey
- Added the Charlottetown Islanders 3rd jersey
- Added the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 3rd jersey
- Added the Hamilton Bulldogs 3rd jersey
- Made network performance improvements in EA SPORTS Hockey League and Online Team Play.
- Added "Dangler" player class in EASHL.
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
09:35 PM - February 10, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Rocket League patch 1.11 has arrived for PC and PlayStation 4 users. As mentioned earlier this month, we have our own community flag, so make sure you download and represent!
For those of you that might have missed it, Rocket League is scheduled to release for Xbox One users on February 17, for $19.99.
- Ranked play Season 1 has ended and rewards will be given to all ranked participants bronze or above
- Ranked Season 2 play has begun (renamed to “Competitive Season 2″)
- The “Rocket Labs” experimental playlist is now available for casual Online play
- New Item Rarity system introduced, “Common” and “Uncommon” items can now be found after Online matches
- “Wasteland” arena has been added to Competitive Playlists
- “Snow Day” can now be played in Private Matches
- Performance has been improved in multiple Arenas
- (BETA) Player Reporting feature has been added
- “Quick Chat Only” filter has been added to Text Chat options
- Russian and Turkish language support has been added
- Multiple outstanding bugs have been fixed
02:27 PM - February 10, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
MLB The Show 16 information is now rolling out fast and heavy as we head into Spring Training season. The most recent Twitch stream focused exclusively on gameplay. Below are some of my quick reactions as I watched the feed.
Read More - MLB The Show 16: Gameplay Taking Steps Forward
12:51 PM - February 10, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The February update for Driveclub is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, bringing 6 new "Scotland - Old Town" tracks to the game for free, along with Hardcore handling, new Elite, Driver and Club Levels and many more improvements. Check out the trailer here.
UPDATE: Driveclub game update 1.26 is available now. If you are having a hard time finding the "Hardcore Handling" option, click here.
The update also prepares the game for the addition of the "No Limits" and "Suzuki" Expansions, coming to PlayStation Store on Feb 23rd.
Check out all of the details on the Driveclub 1.26 game update below.
- The newest track “Scotland – Old Town” is here, offering 6 track variants to play across all DRIVECLUB & DRIVECLUB BIKES game modes.
- A new “Hardcore Handling” option is now available, turning off traction control, stability control & other assists. Enable this in Gameplay Settings for a more realistic driving experience.
- Multiplayer Private lobbies have a new 'Photo mode' setting to help you choreograph photos and videos with friends. This disables ghosting, wrong way timers and automated reset to track scenarios.
- Photo mode screen filters can now be enabled outside of photo mode, while you race.
- Photo mode now offers extended Zoom and Exposure settings, plus all settings persist between photo captures during an event.
- Replays have a new option to toggle player tags on and off at any time during the replay when you use the L1 Button.» The Dynamic Precipitation option has been improved to reduce the likelihood of persistent rain.
- 10 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 35).
- 10 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 95) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- 25 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 85) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB and DRIVECLUB BIKES now show off 2 awesome new #PS4share community photos.
- Fixed the 'Weekend Warrior' Trophy for DRIVECLUB BIKES. Ranking up the KTM 1290 Super Duke R to Bike Level 15 is now no longer a requirement.
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
- “No Limits” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new cars: Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec II & Honda Civic Type-R.
- “Suzuki” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new Bikes: Suzuki GSX-R1000 & Suzuki GSX-S1000 ABS.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
06:59 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Rocket League is scheduled to arrive on the Xbox One on February 17, check out the trailer here. The game will cost $19.99.
Three of their previously-released DLC Packs will come bundled into the game:
- “Supersonic Fury” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 5 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels
- “Revenge of the Battle-Cars” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 3 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels, 4 Toppers, 2 Antennas
- “Chaos Run” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 2 Wheels, 2 Rocket Trails, 3 Toppers, 3 Antennas
Source - Xbox
04:54 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS.
The MLB The Show 16 Gameplay Twitch stream began at 5pm ET, and new details about what has changed in this year's game will be revealed throughout. Watch it here and be sure to comment on your favorite new features announced!
For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archives below.
03:04 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by 8KB24. Written by Steve Noah
Complex recently interviewed Mike Wang, Gameplay Director of the NBA 2K series, as he explains the art of perfecting your jumper in NBA 2K16. Definitely worth a quick read.
12:55 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
A pet peeve in a video game is just a little thing that drives you crazy. It’s not really a “game killer” or anything like that to me, it’s just that one thing you wish was better. It can be something small like a player's signature shot being slightly off, or it can even be a bit bigger like an inability to import a draft class.
The point is this pet peeve gnaws at you even though you actively try to ignore it. It’s that big brother who pokes you in that spot between your chest and shoulder (come on, you know the spot). He just keeps doing it over and over trying to get a rise out of you. You try to pretend it doesn’t bother you, but inside your own head you’re screaming. Finally, you snap and check him through the wall. From there, you have a moment of jubilation, only to then realize you’ve sealed your own fate and the pummeling of a lifetime. So you immediately sprint out of the house and plan to hide in the small wooded area until your mom gets home from work. Only you realize your mom is going to be pissed about the brother-sized hole in the living room wall, so you do the math on how long you need to stay out before she’s just happy you’re home and totally forgets about the wall. However, somewhere along the line you realize you’re a 10-year-old kid who's totally not cool with being in the woods when it gets dark. This realization ends with a sad slink home as you accept your doomed fate.
...Oh, uh yeah sorry, got a bit off track there I guess.
The point is we all have these pet peeves in our video games. I’m going to highlight just a couple of my own in NBA 2K16, and then maybe you all will have some to share as well. Let’s do it.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve
07:51 AM - February 9, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR title update 1.07 is available now, adding turn-based stroke play for unranked online head to head matches.
More details on the patch below:
- Added Turn-Based Stroke Play to Unranked Online H2H.
- Updated attributes of licensed golfers based on real world performance.
- Various PGA West course fixes.
- Various PGA West audio fixes.
- Various Matchmaking stability fixes.
- Fixed a camera issue with Big Hit Moments.
- Fixed a transition camera issue in PGA TOUR Pro mode when using Quick Rounds.
- Fixed some clipping cameras when at address in edge case scenarios.
Monday, February 8, 2016
11:13 AM - February 8, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
The MLB The Show team in San Diego released their first Twitch stream last week, focusing on the improved Road to the Show mode and new Showtime feature. Here are some initial thoughts on these additions based on what I saw during the stream.
Read More - MLB The Show 16: Breaking Down the First Twitch Stream
Read More - MLB The Show 16: Breaking Down the First Twitch Stream
Sunday, February 7, 2016
12:55 PM - February 7, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K Joins the Competitive Gaming Landscape with NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals
- Madden NFL 16 Simulates Super Bowl 50, What's Your Prediction?
- NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best Team
- Operation Sports Community Flag Coming to Rocket League in February Update For Free
- WWE 2K16 Patch 1.05 Available, Includes Future Stars Pack Fix and Much More
- Take-Two Interactive & Visual Concepts Sued By Tattoo Artists
- Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Available Now on Steam, Coming to PS4 & Xbox on March 15
- DiRT Rally New Content Trailer, Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed & More
- Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2016 Developer Diary - New Player Categories
- Madden NFL 16 Super Bowl Edition Available For $19.79, Includes 2,200 Madden Points
- Need For Speed Game Update Arrives Today, Adds Snapshot Pro & Much More
- Plenty of EA Sports Games on Sale This Week on the PlayStation and Xbox Stores
- Another F1 2015 Patch Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC
- Will You Be Playing Ultimate Team on EA Sports UFC 2? (Poll)
- UPDATE: NBA 2K16 Adds 2016 NBA All-Star Uniforms, Court & All-Star Team Rosters
- NBA 2K16: Two-Man Interactions You Hate
- MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)
- PES 2016 Game Update 1.05 Available Now, Details Included
- First Look at the New MyPARK For the NBA 2K16 MyPARK Champion
- Press Row Podcast - EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions
- Free to Play PES 2016 Available For PC
- Here is the New MyPARK For Rivet City in NBA 2K16 (Available Now)
- NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (2/5/16)
- Bruce Lee Returns to EA Sports UFC 2, Three Ways to Get Him For Free
- Details From Angel Stadium in MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB 15 The Show
- Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2016 Review (PC)