And the game which looks and sounds the prettiest is...
The best Card Collecting mode of 2015 was...
The best new feature of 2015 is...
Which game had the best post-launch support of 2015?
Operation Sports Content
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
06:59 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Rocket League is scheduled to arrive on the Xbox One on February 17, check out the trailer here. The game will cost $19.99.
Three of their previously-released DLC Packs will come bundled into the game:
- “Supersonic Fury” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 5 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels
- “Revenge of the Battle-Cars” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 3 Paint types, 2 Rocket Trails, 2 Wheels, 4 Toppers, 2 Antennas
- “Chaos Run” – Two Premium Battle-Cars, 12 Decals, 2 Wheels, 2 Rocket Trails, 3 Toppers, 3 Antennas
Source - Xbox
04:54 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS.
The MLB The Show 16 Gameplay Twitch stream began at 5pm ET, and new details about what has changed in this year's game will be revealed throughout. Watch it here and be sure to comment on your favorite new features announced!
For those of you that missed the stream, you can watch the archives below.
03:04 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by 8KB24. Written by Steve Noah
Complex recently interviewed Mike Wang, Gameplay Director of the NBA 2K series, as he explains the art of perfecting your jumper in NBA 2K16. Definitely worth a quick read.
12:55 PM - February 9, 2016. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
A pet peeve in a video game is just a little thing that drives you crazy. It’s not really a “game killer” or anything like that to me, it’s just that one thing you wish was better. It can be something small like a player's signature shot being slightly off, or it can even be a bit bigger like an inability to import a draft class.
The point is this pet peeve gnaws at you even though you actively try to ignore it. It’s that big brother who pokes you in that spot between your chest and shoulder (come on, you know the spot). He just keeps doing it over and over trying to get a rise out of you. You try to pretend it doesn’t bother you, but inside your own head you’re screaming. Finally, you snap and check him through the wall. From there, you have a moment of jubilation, only to then realize you’ve sealed your own fate and the pummeling of a lifetime. So you immediately sprint out of the house and plan to hide in the small wooded area until your mom gets home from work. Only you realize your mom is going to be pissed about the brother-sized hole in the living room wall, so you do the math on how long you need to stay out before she’s just happy you’re home and totally forgets about the wall. However, somewhere along the line you realize you’re a 10-year-old kid who's totally not cool with being in the woods when it gets dark. This realization ends with a sad slink home as you accept your doomed fate.
...Oh, uh yeah sorry, got a bit off track there I guess.
The point is we all have these pet peeves in our video games. I’m going to highlight just a couple of my own in NBA 2K16, and then maybe you all will have some to share as well. Let’s do it.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Biggest Pet Peeve
07:51 AM - February 9, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR title update 1.07 is available now, adding turn-based stroke play for unranked online head to head matches.
More details on the patch below:
- Added Turn-Based Stroke Play to Unranked Online H2H.
- Updated attributes of licensed golfers based on real world performance.
- Various PGA West course fixes.
- Various PGA West audio fixes.
- Various Matchmaking stability fixes.
- Fixed a camera issue with Big Hit Moments.
- Fixed a transition camera issue in PGA TOUR Pro mode when using Quick Rounds.
- Fixed some clipping cameras when at address in edge case scenarios.
Monday, February 8, 2016
11:13 AM - February 8, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
The MLB The Show team in San Diego released their first Twitch stream last week, focusing on the improved Road to the Show mode and new Showtime feature. Here are some initial thoughts on these additions based on what I saw during the stream.
Read More - MLB The Show 16: Breaking Down the First Twitch Stream
Read More - MLB The Show 16: Breaking Down the First Twitch Stream
Sunday, February 7, 2016
12:55 PM - February 7, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K Joins the Competitive Gaming Landscape with NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals
- Madden NFL 16 Simulates Super Bowl 50, What's Your Prediction?
- NBA 2K16 Road to the Finals Qualification System Rewards Best Cheesers, Not Best Team
- Operation Sports Community Flag Coming to Rocket League in February Update For Free
- WWE 2K16 Patch 1.05 Available, Includes Future Stars Pack Fix and Much More
- Take-Two Interactive & Visual Concepts Sued By Tattoo Artists
- Sebastien Loeb Rally EVO Available Now on Steam, Coming to PS4 & Xbox on March 15
- DiRT Rally New Content Trailer, Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed & More
- Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2016 Developer Diary - New Player Categories
- Madden NFL 16 Super Bowl Edition Available For $19.79, Includes 2,200 Madden Points
- Need For Speed Game Update Arrives Today, Adds Snapshot Pro & Much More
- Plenty of EA Sports Games on Sale This Week on the PlayStation and Xbox Stores
- Another F1 2015 Patch Available For Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC
- Will You Be Playing Ultimate Team on EA Sports UFC 2? (Poll)
- UPDATE: NBA 2K16 Adds 2016 NBA All-Star Uniforms, Court & All-Star Team Rosters
- NBA 2K16: Two-Man Interactions You Hate
- MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Showtime & Road to the Show (Archive Available)
- PES 2016 Game Update 1.05 Available Now, Details Included
- First Look at the New MyPARK For the NBA 2K16 MyPARK Champion
- Press Row Podcast - EA Sports UFC 2 Impressions
- Free to Play PES 2016 Available For PC
- Here is the New MyPARK For Rivet City in NBA 2K16 (Available Now)
- NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (2/5/16)
- Bruce Lee Returns to EA Sports UFC 2, Three Ways to Get Him For Free
- Details From Angel Stadium in MLB The Show 16 vs. MLB 15 The Show
- Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2016 Review (PC)
Saturday, February 6, 2016
07:36 PM - February 6, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
The 2015-16 NFL season ends on Sunday, but that does not mean you have to go without realistic professional football until August. Draft Day Sports: Pro Football is a new text sim that allows you to create a league, fill it with teams and guide one of them to a championship. While the text-sim market is pretty small (but fierce), is DDS: Pro Football good enough to rise above the rest and keep your football itch satisfied until the fall?
Read More - Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2016 Review (PC)
Friday, February 5, 2016
06:06 PM - February 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Ramone posted this MLB The Show 16 image (work in progress) on Twitter, so I did the best I could with it, comparing the artificial rocks behind the left-center field fence at Angel Stadium, in MLB 15 The Show.
MLB The Show 16 on top, MLB 15 The Show on the bottom.
05:05 PM - February 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Bruce Lee will be making his way back into the Octagon again for EA Sports UFC 2 and there are three ways to get him for free.
- If you own EA Sports UFC and purchase EA Sports UFC 2, you will get Day 1 access to him.
- Completing Career mode and getting inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame will unlock him as well. (Beating career mode also unlocks legends Mike Tyson, Bas Rutten, and Kazushi Sakuraba.)
- If you subscribe to EA Access, download EA Sports UFC from The Vault and log into the online servers, you will qualify to unlock him.
Source - EA Sports
03:20 PM - February 5, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.
Let’s get into it...
Read More - NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (2/5/16)
06:11 AM - February 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The new MyPARK for Rivet City, which was teased yesterday, is available now. Check out the new screenshots here.
05:42 AM - February 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Previously available for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, the free to play version of PES 2016 is available now for PC users. Fans can download and play the game on Steam here.
05:31 AM - February 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
There was a LOT to dig into with the one-week beta for EA Sports’ UFC 2, including updated gameplay and graphics and new Practice, Skills Challenges, and Ultimate Team modes. How has the sequel improved from the 2014 effort and what remains a concern? What new has been learned about UFC 2? Will it be more welcoming to novices given its inherent complicated nature? Host Bryan Wiedey is joined by Dylan Favorite and T.J. Lauerman in the 166th episode of the Press Row Podcast.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre/Hit The Pass (@pastapadre)
- Dylan Favorite, Hit The Pass (@jerkfacefave)
- T.J. Lauerman, Hit The Pass/Out of the Park Developments (@ThatSportsGamer)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
08:02 PM - February 4, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Ronnie has tweeted the first look at the new MyPARK for the new NBA 2K16 MyPARK champion, which will be announced tomorrow.