Looking for a team for this year's MLB 14: The Show franchise mode? Here's a few ideas to get you started.
PWX is back on Kickstarter and this time it's not only met but exceeded its goals.
Which teams will have the most stacked lineups when the game launches near opening day?
A look at each point of emphasis and what it does for you.
Which of the following titles has you most excited this Spring? Is it The Golf Club? MLB 14 The Show? EA Sports UFC? Or is it FIFA World Cup 14?
Sound off by voting in the poll! If you are seeing this on the frontpage, the poll is to the right on the sidebar!
The Golf Club will feature wildlife throughout the course.
Check out the screenshots.
Gran Turismo 6 update 1.05 is available now, introducing multi-monitor compatibility and much more. Check out the details below.
Additional Features in the Open Lobby
- [Time Trial], [Drift Trial], and [Free Run] have been added to the [Race Type] option within [Room Settings] of the Event Settings screen.
- It is now possible to also [Filter by Performance] even when [Car Selection Method] is set to [Filter by Make] or [Filter by Category].
- It is now possible to select Karts in one make races held on weather enabled tracks.
- It is now possible to check regulation settings in the confirmation popup dialog before entering a room.
- In the [Race Alone] mode for the Qualifier, cars other than yours (when only spectating, cars other than the one in focus) will appear as lines.
- [Multi-Monitor Settings] has been added to the [Start Button]>[Options]>[Display] options.
- A [Car Search] feature has been added to the [CARS] section in My Home. You can specify the desired parameters to search for a particular car in the Car Dealerships.
- The sale of Racing Gear has been changed from full color sets to individual colors. Some of the pricing for racing gear have changed accordingly.
- [Traction Control] is now available to adjust in the [Driving Options]. [Skid Recovery Force] is also now available.
- [Brake Balance] is now available to adjust in [Machine Settings]. Only the rear can be adjusted in Normal Karts, while both the front and rear can be adjusted in Shifter Karts.
- An icon that shows the login bonus stage (1-5 days in succession) has been added to the top of the [My Home] screen and the prize receiving dialog.
- The increments of the [Front/Rear Torque Split] in [Car Settings] has been changed from 5 to 1.
Check out the latest Project CARS trailer, created by ExpressionOfNothing. The game is still in pre-alpha, but looks great. What do you think?
He's not a household superstar name, but he may become the new trend in the life of NFL players.
Rashard Mendenhall -- at the ripe age of 26 -- has decided to hang up his cleats and retire from the NFL. Citing a desire to pursue other passions in life as well as a distaste for the image-driven league, Mendenhall articulated his stance well through an article on Huffingtonpost.com:
|"My older brother coaches football at the high-school and youth level. One day he called me and said, "These kids don't want to work hard. All they wanna do is look cool, celebrate after plays, and get more followers on Instagram!" I told him that they might actually have it figured out."|
Sound Off: Do you relate with Rashard Mendenhall? Has the image-oriented and commercialized aspect of the NFL damaged your love of football?
- Ever wonder what it feels like to be an archery target? [YouTube]
- DYK? Former MLB pitcher Randy Johnson has become a professional photographer in retirement.
- Seven overtimes later, an Ohio high school state championship hockey match ends in a tie.
- Check it out! A 3-D printed baseball bat.
- Have you seen? Masato Akamatsu's incredible wall-scaling catch?! [Animated Gif]
With the additions of online franchise and quicker games, MLB 14: The Show is making it more appealing than ever to jump into its deep franchise mode. However, for some, the question then becomes: Which team should I pick?
For most, the answer is simple: their favorite team. But what if you are want a more specific challenge than getting the home nine to the World Series?
Here are some good (and tough) places to start...
Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges
Milestone Studios has announced MotoGP 14, arriving in June 2014 for 360, PC, PS3, Vita and PS4. From the looks of it, we won't see the game on Xbox One. Check out the new trailer here and the press release below.
Milestone, one of the most recognized racing videogame developers and publishers for consoles and Windows PC®, is glad to announce MotoGP™14. The brand new videogame based on the MotoGP World Championship will be available from June 2014 on Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC®, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita and on PlayStation®4.
The Italian studios of Milestone are thrilled. The MotoGP™ season 2014 is about to start and with it, the development of the MotoGP™ Videogame as well. Much news is on its way including lots of technical and social improvements that the new console generation has brought into Milestone. A completely redesigned engine will see its maximum appearance not only on PlayStation ® 4 but also on the past gen platforms; a new audio engine, new real time lighting effects, graphic details that have never seen before on a two wheeled game and, finally, with a richer and evolved Multiplayer experience.
“MotoGP ™ 14 and the development on the new PS4 platform represent an important step in the two wheel videogame world. With MotoGP ™ 13 we have established the bases of the gameplay and the physics exploring – together with the community –the players’ needs. This new chapter introduces many new features which will be unveiled during the upcoming months and which we are sure will satisfy picky’s ‘pads’’”, affirms Andrea Basilio, Game Director Milestone.
MotoGP™14 features tracks and riders from the official MotoGP™ 2014 season, the riders from MotoGP™ 2013 class and Champions from the past. Plus more than 100 riders, all the official manufacturers and 18 tracks.
Developed by Italian Milestone Studio, MotoGP™14 will be available from June 2014 on Xbox 360®, Windows PC®, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita and on PlayStation®4.
- NHL 14 Trade Deadline Roster Update Available Now
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Achievement List
- NBA 2K14 Adds St. Patrick Day's, Nets & Latin Nights Alternates
- NBA Live 14 Updates Rosters, Over 500 Player Ratings and Adds More Jerseys
- MXGP The Official Motocross Game Video - Learn to Control the Bike
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Release Date is April 10th For PS3, 360 - No Word on PS4, Xbox One
- EA Sports UFC Screenshots - Rousey, Melendez, Lawler & Henderson
- NASCAR '14 Patch Coming Soon, Details Included
- Get a Digital Copy of Forza Motorsport 5 with a Purchase of an Xbox One at $499.99
- More 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Screenshots
- MLB 14 The Show Blog - Online Franchise
- Need for Speed Rivals Koenigsegg Agera One:1 DLC Available Now
- Forza Motorsport 5 Alpinestars Car Pack Available Now - Trailer and Screenshots
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 February Data Pack Update For PS3
- More 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Details - Hands-On Previews, Screenshots & Cover Art
- New Uniform Design For Tampa Bay Buccaneers Revealed
Features & Blogs
- OS Roundtable: If You Could Add Just One Feature to NBA 2K15...
- Operation Sports - Dual Threat Podcast: Season 2 - Episode 28: Road Trip Week
- Press Row Podcast - Hands-on with MLB 14 The Show and More
- MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups
- Finally, Pro Wrestling X Has Come Back to Kickstarter
- Sound Off: Your Favorite Ballpark to Play In?
- NHL 15: Three Keys to Success
- If You Could Have One Sports Game Series Back...
- NBA 2K14: Points of Emphasis Guide
- MLB 14 The Show: A History of Left-Handed Infielders
- MLB 14 The Show New Universal Profile, Stubs Deep Dive (Dev Blog)
Brian Hayes, creative director on EA Sports UFC, recently held a AMA (ask me anything) session at Reddit and answered quite a few questions about the game. Below are some of key items of interest, read the full Q&A here.
When will we see a gameplay vid that's longer than 10 seconds?
Maybe in a couple weeks.
Will we be able to make Ronda fight Cain in a simulated match?
haha... no. There were a lot of people that really weren't cool with that idea.
So does this mean we can't do a super fight between divisions?? That seems really silly. It should just be gender specific
We're putting some fighters in multiple divisions where it makes sense. But you won't be able to do Mighty Mouse vs. Cain or anything like that.
why the hell not? such a silly thing to not include given how easy it would be and how many people want it.
We understand some people would want it, but it's actually not very easy to simulate a 5'3" 125lb character grappling with a 6'2" 240lb character and sort out all the physics, animation, and collision issues.
How will flash Knockouts work in this game? In UFC 3 (yeah i understand by different people), the flash KOs were like one in a million. It felt like the game was just a duel to who did enough damage to finally ko the opponent.
We'll be taking some cues/learnings for how we did them on Fight Night and going from there.
Will Nick Diaz be in the game?
release date? release month at least?
There was rumor started that it was in May. I can tell you for sure that it is not in May.
Then April? Since its been announced as spring 2014
Holy crap definitely not April. Bite your tongue.
will there be a create-a-fighter option?
yes there will be
We are trying to get a lot of variety in fighter movement and stances. - There is no "run" button. - We will be releasing a demo (I'm pretty sure). - The game does look amazing, but there is still alot of animation tuning and polish to be done. Plus, I think there is always the uncanny valley effect. The more realistic the characters look, the more the imperfect blends and transitions in the individual animation will stand out to some people. But, like I said, we're still tuning that stuff also.
Are you making online multiplayer a priority? The online matchmaking engine on all three of the Undisputed games was so awful that you could rarely find an opponent and actually fight.
For sure. The Fight Night games generally had really solid online play and we want to make sure we keep that going.
is the grappling system more like EA MMA or UFC 3?
The grappling is on the RS, so its more like UFC 3 in that sense.
In terms of Career mode how similar will it be to EA MMA? Also will there be much improvement when it comes to character customization?
Tough for me to answer because I haven't created a character in EA MMA for a long time. I can only say it will be similar because you can create a character. There is a lot of options to choose from and the created characters look really high-quality.
Will we see a KO celebration where the fighter runs out of the cage and into the crowd a la Jose Aldo?
Into the crowd. No.
I am a big fan of Fight Night Champion so I know EA has the ability to make a good fighting game but how closely will the stand up resemble Fight Night Champion and how will you implement all the other stand up elements like kicks, elbows etc. and how will it differ from previous UFC games?
Well, like you say, you're going to be able to kick and elbow the other guy in the face. So it's drastically different from FNC in that regard . But we are using animation and physics technology that has evolved from the Fight Night lineage, so to speak. From a performance perspective, is should be similar in feel to FNC.
Any Pride functionality?
No. We need to get the basics in place before expanding to stuff like that. It didn't show up until the 3rd version for the previous developers.
The NHL 14 trade deadline roster update is available now. If you don't know how to download them, follow the steps below.
- In the NHL®14 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster Management)
- In the Roster Management section, select (Download Rosters)
- In the Download Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’
XBOXAchievements have posted the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil achievement list. Below are a few of them, take a look at the full list here.
Boyhood Dream - 50
Win the FIFA World Cup™ as the Captain in Captain Your Country
Conqueror - 50
Complete all scenarios (major objectives) in all 6 FIFA regions in Story of Qualifying
The English Invented It… - 50
Win the FIFA World Cup™ 5 times to match the all time record set by Brazil
We Actually Did It! - 50
Win the FIFA World Cup™ in Road to Rio de Janeiro mode
2K Sports and NBA 2K14 have added St. Patrick Day's, Nets and Latin Nights alternates. They are available in-game an MyTEAM.
If you could add one feature to NBA 2K15, what would it be?
James Kerti: I'd most like to see a new, revamped "Player DNA." Too often in the NBA 2K series, it feels like AI-controlled teams and players don't play to their real-life strengths. Nailing that aspect of the game would increase the realism factor while also leading each game to take on its own unique strategic importance. I feel that in NBA 2K14, as a general rule, the same principles and strategies work in every game. Having to gameplan separately for each team and superstar you go against would add significantly more depth to the experience.
Read More - OS Roundtable: If You Could Add Just One Feature to NBA 2K15...
EA Sports and the NBA Live 14 team have completed all of the trades throughout the league, updated more than 500 player ratings and added Noche Enebea (Bulls, Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Suns, Spurs) and St. Patrick’s Day jerseys (Celtics, Bulls).
With the release of title update #2, about a month ago, the team can now update in a more timely fashion with the Live Update system.
They have also explained the differences between synergy sports and ratings updates:
Source - EA Sports
The 2013 college football season has come to an end, as the Florida State Seminoles have been crowned National Champions, but there is still plenty of college football to discuss on Dual Threat! Operation Sports’ Dual Threat Podcast is a college football podcast hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In the twenty-eighth episode of Dual Threat: Season 2, Drab and Bode brainstorm the best road trip games for the 2014 season. Can they see multiple games in the south or do they make a full trip out to the west coast for a weekend? Also, how can the spring games improve? Is there any way to play a real game against another program? They wrap up the show by giving their theories on why students are no longer going to games. It might surprise you.
So give Dual Threat a listen! Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...at/id700583947) or Stitcher (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ast?refid=stpr), listen in the embedded player below or click here, and if you are in the DC area tune into CBS Sports Radio 1580-AM or listen on the stream here (http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/the-big-talker-1580/) at 8am EST this Sunday, February 23rd! Follow them here on Twitter (@DualThreatCFB), and be sure to listen in every week this season right here on OperationSports.com! Thanks for listening!