Talking about the Madden Live Challenge tournament.
It seriously was a bit of a letdown...
The sports are everywhere, so let's discuss the games...
Operation Sports Content
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
06:41 PM - December 1, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.
Let’s get into it:
1998 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
Kobe’s sophomore season was his first All-Star appearance despite only starting one game, but he began the progression that defined him as a player during this season. This card is comparable to the Moments Michael Jordan that we have—extremely quick and athletic, with the ability to finish at the rim. This was also a season that saw him shoot 34% from three point land, earning him a solid enough Staning Shot 3 rating to be useful to many My Team players. Don’t overpay for him thinking he’ll be vintage Kobe, but if you get him at a solid price, he can be useful.
2010 Gerald Wallace, Charlotte Bobcats
Wallace is the Swiss Army knife of My Team cards. He does a bit of everything on the court, though this year he’s hurt by a lack of badges compared to prior years. The 2010 season was his lone All-Star campaign, and it was well-deserved, with averages of 18 points, 10 rebounds, and over a steal and block per game on 48% field goal shooting and 37% three point shooting. He’s a good guy to stash on the bench and use in all sorts of situations, but he won’t be OUTSTANDING at a particular thing.
2012 Jerryd Bayless, Toronto Raptors
Bayless actually shot better from the three point line than inside it during this season at 42.3% versus 42.2%. Other than that, there’s not a lot of value here. Bayless scored 10 points per game off the bench for Toronto and is a solid real-life player, but won’t find footing with a lot of My Team squads due to better options being available.
2011 Samuel Dalembert, Sacramento Kings
Dalembert has always played well in fits and starts, and the 2011 season represented his only campaign in Sacramento. Dalembert posted 8 points and 8 rebounds per game to go with a block and a half. There isn’t much to say about this card—it’s average, and probably won’t be used much.
2008 Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
Yes, the Truth is here! If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on Paul Pierce’s 2008 card, remember his efficiency. His scoring average was 19.6, but he did so on 46% from the field and 40% from the three point line, as well as his usual stellar free throw shooting. Pierce can shoot the midrange, he can shoot the trey, and he can win you games down the stretch. His My Team card is no different, just don’t play him like he’s Lebron James – He’s a shooter moreso than a posterizer.
That’s it for this week. If you’d like to see the players in-game, be on the lookout for more videos, and if you have any questions I can be reached on Twitter @twobrosgaming.
05:05 PM - December 1, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
2K has just added the Golden State Warriors "The City" alternate floor to NBA 2K16. To see it, simply equip the Warriors Hardwood Classics uniform.
No official word on a new court for the Milwaukee Bucks, or color tweaks for other floors, like the blue for the New York Knicks. If we hear anything, we'll let you know.
04:48 PM - December 1, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Announced a few weeks ago, the Rocket League Chaos Run DLC has arrived today for $3.99. It arrives with patch 1.10, check out the details below.
- Added “Wasteland”
- (DLC) Added “Grog”
- (DLC) Added “Ripper”
- (DLC) Grog: Added “Bomber”
- (DLC) Grog: Added “Cyclops”
- (DLC) Grog: Added “Lepus”
- (DLC) Grog: Added “Stripes”
- (DLC) Grog: Added “Tagged”
- (DLC) Grog: Added “Tribal”
- (DLC) Ripper: Added “Bomber”
- (DLC) Ripper: Added “Flames”
- (DLC) Ripper: Added “Ockie”
- (DLC) Ripper: Added “Shot Fox”
- (DLC) Ripper: Added “Spikes”
- (DLC) Ripper: Added “Tribal”
- (DLC) “Camo”
- (DLC) “Sun-Damaged”
- (DLC) Added “Grog”
- (DLC) Added “Ripper”
- (DLC) Added “Nuts & Bolts”
- (DLC) Added “Sandstorm”
- “Portal – Repulsion Gel”
- “Portal – Propulsion Gel”
- “Portal – Conversion Gel”
- (DLC) Added “Boombox”
- (DLC) Added “Cow Skull”
- (DLC) Added “Mohawk”
- “Portal – Cake”
- (DLC) Added “Bomb Pole”
- (DLC) Added “Radioactive”
- (DLC) Added “Retro Ball – Wasteland”
- Added “Video Games”
- “Portal – Aperture Laboratories”
- “Portal – Cake Sticker”
- “Portal – Companion Cube”
- “Portal – Personality Core”
- “Portal – PotatOS”
- “Portal – Wheatley”
- (DLC) Added five new DLC-specific Trophies/ Achievements
- Main Menu is now set in the Wasteland
- Main Menu Theme has changed to “Scorched Earth (Chaos Run Theme)”
- Timewarp and Beach Ball have been removed from the “Mutator Mashup” Playlist
- (PS4) Improved overall performance for PS4 users
- Improved rendering performance on grass in all stadiums
- “Breathing Underwater (Ether Remix)” has returned to the main menu soundtrack
- (PC) Slo-Mo text appears correctly in the Mutator Settings menu
10:52 AM - December 1, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
This is guest content written by Marc Price. You can follow Marc on Twitter, listen to his Post Game Podcast, and read his work on Medium.
Today in our whirlwind tour of the NBA, we are taking a look at the NBA's Pacific Division. This year, there are not many divisions in basketball with the star power that resides on the West Coast. Blake Griffin and Chris Paul for the Clippers, Kobe's swan song with the Lakers, not to mention Steph Curry and the formidable warriors.
In these guides we will look at the strategy for the first year as well as the first three years. Through this, we hope you get an idea of how you should approach managing and building each team in the game.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Pacific Division Team Breakdowns
06:27 AM - December 1, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
FIFA 16 title update #4, which was released for PC users a few days ago, is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users. Details below.
FIFA Ultimate Team
- The ability to quickly change price values when listing items on the transfer market.
- Adjusted the likelihood of foggy weather during online matches.
- Added the ability to search your club items by Nationality.
- Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
- Improved pass receiver selection.
- Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.
Monday, November 30, 2015
03:14 PM - November 30, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
I have never played hockey in my life.
When I first picked up the controller to play NHL 16, it was a nerve-racking experience. I am a sports buff who follows everything from football to golf and from baseball to soccer, but the NHL? It was a foreign concept to me. So imagine my surprise when I played my first game and had an absolute blast.
Read More - NHL 16 Through the Eyes of a Noob
02:09 PM - November 30, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
Mario Tennis has been a staple of Nintendo's Sports Gaming lineup for years now, with each iteration being an almost guaranteed hit with quality gameplay and modes. However, Nintendo moved this year's Mario Tennis release up a few months, and it sadly shows with a game that wasn't quite ready for prime time.
Read More - Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Review (Wii U)
Sunday, November 29, 2015
11:54 AM - November 29, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K16: Southwest Division Team Breakdowns
- WWE 2K16 Patch 1.02 Arrives Today For PS3/360, Details Included
- Need for Speed Patch Scheduled to Arrive on November 25, Details Included
- Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.05 Available Now
- NBA Live 16 Game Update 1.04 Available Now, Details Included
- NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One
- Why I Love to Play NBA Live 16
- Need For Speed Patch Available Now
- NBA 2K16: Northwest Division Team Breakdowns
- Hockey Mode and More Coming to Rocket League on December 14
- R.B.I. Baseball 15 on Sale For $5 on Xbox One (Gold Subscribers), $0.99 on Mobile
- PES 2016 Data Pack #2 Arrives on December 3, Plenty of Details Revealed
- Madden NFL 16 Roster Update Available Now (11-26-15)
- NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (11-26-15)
- FIFA 16 Title Update #4 Available For PC, Soon For Xbox One & PS4 - Details Included
- Week 12: Operation Sports Fantasy Football Championship on FanDuel
- Free to Play PES 2016 Announced, Scheduled to Arrive on December 8 (PS3, PS4)
- I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16
- Press Row Podcast - Madden Jumps Into eSports
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included
- NBA 2K16: It's Time to Give MyTeam a Chance
- PES 2016 and the Idea of Unmitigated Joy
Saturday, November 28, 2015
07:40 PM - November 28, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Kevin Groves
In a day and age where video games are supposed to mimic what we see on television, there's still a fine line between fun and realism that can make or break a sports title. At its core, PES 2016 achieves what it was set out to accomplish, a blend of realism (unique player ID, team styles, etc.) and fun (fast-paced action, highlights galore, etc.).
Trying to cram 90 minutes into a 10-25 minute experience can be challenging, especially in a sport where a good majority of the play is focused in the center of the field, ways away from either goal. Sure, PES 2016 suffers from inconsistent referees and animations that could be improved, but when it shines, it illuminates the screen.
Read More - PES 2016 and the Idea of Unmitigated Joy (Written by: Kevin Groves)
Friday, November 27, 2015
10:07 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
Ever since its introduction on the Dreamcast, NBA 2K has been my favorite sports video game franchise by far. Its bread and butter is, without question, the gameplay. Basketball purists appreciate the realism and extreme attention to detail. This game is quite possibly the most authentic representation of its sport when compared to other franchises. And 2K’s continued focus on improving various gameplay mechanics keeps players coming back year after year.
With gameplay as fun and realistic as 2K’s, it’s easy to get caught up playing exhibition games, ignoring the variety of gameplay modes offered in the 2K series. In fact, my favorite mode to play is exhibition, as I have a yearly series of games with a good friend of mine. We track the final scores from each game and keep track of who’s in the lead. The gameplay mechanics are so diverse that each game feels fresh and exciting.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Its Time to Give MyTeam a Chance
06:12 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by oneamongthefence. Written by Steve Noah
Activision and Robomodo have released Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 patch 1.03, weighing in at a whopping 7.8GB. Check out the details below.
- Additional levels have been added (Underground, Wild West)
- Additional character campaigns have been added (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tyler the Creator)
- Lighting and visuals have been improved for several levels
- Ability to regain Special Meter during a single combo has been added
- Per-Mission Leaderboards have been added
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while in a Mission or Mode
- Added option to "Return to Freeskate" while search for the other player for Co-op Missions or Modes
- Tutorial has been updated
- Many Pro Skaters' Textures have been updated
- Several Pro Skaters have recived Sponsor update
- Create-a-Park Levels have been updated
- Increased the total number of Stat points a Campaign can earn from 128 to 150
- Several gameplay mechanics within the levels have been updated
- Grinds were updated in several of the levels
- The User Generated Content Rating System has been updated
- Added Likes/Dislikes to the User Generated Levels
- New Challenge UI Flow for matching during FreeSkate has been added
- Leaderboard functionality was updated
- Several multiplayer modes have been added and updated
- Modes added include "Daily Grind," "Skate Hoarding" and "Manual Mayhem"
- More options for user preference have been added including:
- Double tapping grind button to activate slam
- Opt in/out of Global Voice Chat
- Several UI audio effects have been added
- Misc - minor UI fixes and improvements have been made
05:17 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
In the 159th episode of the Press Row Podcast, Madden’s eSports Producer Matt Marcou joins host Rich Grisham to talk about all the details related to Madden’s brand new foray into the explosively popular world of eSports. Marcou discusses why eSports overall has gotten so big, where Madden hopes to fit into that equation, the elements that have led him and the Madden team to craft Draft Champions Ranked to fuel their eSports initiative, and much more.
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 37 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
04:35 PM - November 27, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Groves
Make no mistake about it, FIFA's stranglehold on exclusive licenses is a major reason why the series has enjoyed so much success since the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3. The ability to pick it up and play as nearly all of your favorite clubs makes it a day-one purchase for so many of us footy enthusiasts. Combine that with stable online servers and modes galore, and it's no wonder why EA Canada has been the most praised EA development team over the last few years. Despite this stronghold, FIFA has still found a way to grow by expanding into the all-important US soccer market.
Read More - I Never Want to Quit You FIFA 16
10:48 AM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Konami has just announced a free to play version of PES 2016, exclusively for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. The entry level version will feature Exhibition Mode complete with the choice of 7 teams including Bayern Munich, Juventus, AS Roma, Brazil and France. There is also a full Training section and the popular myClub feature. Users will be able to play both online and offline with unlimited access to the myClub mode.
Source - Konami
07:22 AM - November 27, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Operation Sports Fantasy Football League is back for Week 12, a docket that features 13 games.
Can the Seahawks steady the ship against Big Ben, Antonio Brown and the Steelers (4:25 p.m. EST)? Saving the best for last, the undefeated Patriots travel to Mile High to square off against Brock Osweiler and the Broncos (8:30 p.m. EST).
With football comes FanDuel. Head over to the contest lobby to get started. It’s only $5 to enter, with $60 to first place. Click here to enter! We'll see you there!