A few tips on how to play the game better than you probably are right now...
The Golf Club's Season Mode is a worthy addition to the franchise...
A look at this year's newest edition of the F1 series.
The indie football game doesn't quite live up to its promise...at least initially.
FIFA's most popular mode is Ultimate Team, and now the mode is going to feel even more unique than ever with a brand-new specific broadcast presentation.
The commentators will now know about and talk about your FUT Club -- including the history and statistics of your players. For instance, if you have a player who scores a milestone goal, the commentators will be sure to mention that achievement.
Another cool new addition will be that matches will include more information about your players. Pre-match graphics and team line-up screens will feature FUT items and squad screens before kick-off.
It's a small touch, but one many FUT players are likely sure to enjoy. What do you think of the new additions to the broadcast package for FIFA 16?
Ultimate Team in FIFA 16 is getting one of its biggest makeovers since its introduction, with new player items and pack management features leading the way.
- New player items look, with a revamped pack management screen.
- The new 'tag' feature allows you to quickly deal with multiple items from your packs. You can tag multiple items and list them on the transfer list, quick cell, or you can send them directly to your club.
- New pack opening animation sequence which will be more dramatic and suspenseful.
- New draft tokens to be used for the FUT Draft Mode.
- You can now search for only in-form player items on the Transfer Market.
- Individual chemistry meters now help users better see the Chemistry rating of each player.
- FUT 16 will contextually detect and recommend consumables based off of the needs of your player.
- You can now swap your entire squad more efficiently using the new player swap screen.
FIFA 16 is getting several new enhancements to its presentation this year, with the most notable new addition being the inclusion of an authentic Bundesliga presentation package. The German Bundesliga will have its own authentic overlay package which will mirror broadcast matches.
Other Notable Feature Additions Include
- Over 450 new or update player starheads, the most ever for a FIFA title.
- In addition to Premier League players and Women's National Teams, many FUT legends were authentically scanned.
- Stadiums now support a much wider variety of weather options, with nine available: sunny, overcast, rain, snow, hazy, partly cloudy, foggy, random variable rain shows, and variable flurries.
- Over 900 new chants captured from grounds around the world. Some of the new chants include PSG's "Allez Paris," and Liverpool's "When the Reds Go Marching In."
- Vanishing spray from referees will be implemented during dead ball situations.
- You can now celebrate by running to the nearest cameraman for a close-up or make a dash to the subs bench and celebrate with off-field teammates.
- Commentators will remark on key storylines of your season -- including notable player or team performances, big player debuts, and transfer rumours. In-game graphics and commentary will also pick up on interesting team stats for matches, and reference the wider context of league standings.
- Commentary continues to expand in FIFA, with commentary options included in Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Latin American Spanish, Japanese, Polish, Dutch, and an all-new Russian commentary team.
In case you missed the Need for Speed trailer at Gamescom, here's a second look at both the Icons and Gamescom trailer.
If you can't see the video above, click here.
If you want to read more about what was revealed about the game, check out our details about the five new automobile icons appearing in the game, and how they tie in with the story mode.
Learn more about the five icons in Need for Speed.
To celebrate the new season, EA Sports has just released a new FIFA 16 trailer from Gamescom. Check it out and post your thoughts!
FIFA 16 is getting some new toys in Career mode, including two highly requested features: Pre-Season Tournaments as well as Player Training.
You'll no longer simply skip through the summer months, now you'll have the opportunity to play in three out of a possible nine tournaments played in Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America. Just as with real clubs, these matches will allow you to work on tactics and line-ups.
As an added bonus, each tournament has a prize purse you can win and add to your transfer budget. If you are a small squad, you can imagine how this can help.
You'll now be able to train your squad via mini-games to increase player attributes and boost player development. You'll be able to train up to five squad players each week.
Story of the Season
The story elements to your season will be highlighted this year -- including notable player or team performances, big player debuts, as well as transfer rumors. These will be presented in-game with commentary and graphical overlays.
A Few Other Big Additions
- You can now sign free agents outside of the transfer window.
- Scouting reports are now available for an entire year.
- Transfer budgets are more realistic, and any overages transfer to your next year.
- Short loans are now six months instead of three, and there's also an option for two-year loans.
- Unlimited subs during friendlies.
- More realistic number of 'high-profile' moves in the transfer window.
- Improved transfer market player values.
See more screenshots from FIFA 16's Career Mode.
EA pulled the curtain back a little bit more on Need for Speed at E3, with some big news hitting during their GamesCom Press Conference.
Need for Speed introduces five real world automotive icons: Magnus Walker, Ken Block, Nakai-san, Risky Devil, and Morohoshi-san.
Each icon is inspired by one of the five ways you play in the game: Speed, style, build, crew, and outlaw. The game will feature seamless live-action storytelling using real-time compositing. This will allow you go from live action sequences directly into gameplay without any delay.
The goal of the story mode will be to play to increase reputation in each of the five areas to get the attention of one of the five icons. This is the heartbeat driving the story mode, and it will allow you to branch within the gameplay as you work to build a reputation in each area.
Also announced is that the BMW M3 E46 returns to the series, with owners of the digital deluxe edition gaining instant access to it.
Need for Speed launches on November 3 on PS4, XB1, and PC.
We just uploaded several new Need for Speed screenshots here.
Konami has just released their PES 2016 Gamescom trailer, check it out and post your thoughts!
For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.
- PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Juventus F.C. vs. A.C. Milan
- PES 2016 Demo Scheduled to Arrive Worldwide on August 13 For PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360
- Neymar Jr. Face Scan For PES 2016, Includes Neck Tattoos
- PES 2016 Will Run at 1080p on Both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- PES 2016 Could Have the Ability to Share Option Files on PlayStation 4
- Breaking Down the PES 2016 Features List
Discover a brand new way to play FIFA 16 Ultimate Team with FUT Draft. In the video above, you can watch two football icons, Manchester United's Gary Neville and Liverpool's Jamie Carragher try and pick a squad together.
FUIT Draft has a lot of Draft Champions overtones from Madden, with you picking the best fits for your squad from a draw of five players. You draft your squad and then play a series of up to four games against other players to win big rewards in Ultimate Team.
You start your FUT Draft by picking a between one of five formations (4-3-2-1, 4-3-3 Defend, 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2 Wide, 4-2-3-1 Wide) and your captain. You fill out the rest of your 23-man squad by picking players for each position by a random draw of five players.
During the draft you'll be challenged with deciding if you want the highest rated team or the team with the highest chemistry. Once you get your squad picked, you will take to the pitch and challenge opponents to compete in a four-match series either single-player or online. As you win games, you'll earn better rewards, including coins, packs, and more.
A FUT Draft has an entry feee of 15,000 coins, 300 FIFA Points, or 1 Draft Token. No matter how many games you win, you'll still receive a reward that matches the value of the entrance fee. The further you progress, obviously the better the rewards you get.
2K has just released the first in-game screenshots for NBA 2K16 showcasing the cover athletes Steph Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis.
To see the images in 4K, just click on them.
Check out the latest NBA Live 16 screenshot, featuring DeMar Derozan in the new Toronto Raptors uniform. More screenshots from the game can be seen here.
Visual Concepts' Community Managers, Chris Manning and Ronnie Singh, just finished their regular Tuesday Twitch stream. This week, the duo discussed NBA 2K16's plans for Germany's upcoming Gamescom convention, plus they answered several community questions about the recently revealed 2K Pro-Am mode.
If you don't want to watch the entire 47-minute broadcast, here is a summary of the stream:
- The 2K Pro-Am mode will have "eSports elements," which will be discussed in more detail at a later date.
- There won't be any "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am mode, even in the 40-person arena. Ronnie said that all the player icons moving around NBA 2K15's Rec Center were causing the lag in that mode, not the 40-person player load.
- The developers are making sure that the fill-in AI players on 2K Pro-Am mode will be "mediocre," so that lineups with more human players will always have a competitive advantage.
- The "ELO" leaderboard system is designed to reward teams who are beating other highly ranked teams. Wins against low-ranked teams won't count as much.
- 2K's marketing schedule is "really, really close" to releasing NBA 2K16's first gameplay videos. Some screenshots of the cover athletes (James Harden, Stephen Curry, and Anthony Davis) will appear on Facebook tonight at 9:00 PM PST.
- More of the new historic teams that have been added to NBA 2K16 will be announced later this week. The 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors, 2000-2001 Los Angeles Lakers, and 2007-2008 Boston Celtics have already been revealed.
- There is no playable NBA 2K16 demo at Gamescom this year. Ronnie's reasoning for this decision was that the gamers attending this conference generally are not NBA fans.
IGN has posted some PES 2016 gameplay footage between Juventus F.C. and A.C. Milan. Andre Bronzoni and Gustavo Petro are speaking in Portuguese, so keep that in mind before hitting that play button.
In a rumor based initially from a pretty credible Twitter source, it looks like Euro 2016 could be coming to PES 2016 via DLC on an exclusive basis.
With Konami already wrapping up licensing for the Champions League, Europa League and Super Cup -- this is another license in Pro Evolution's arsenal.
The UEFA Euro 2016 Tournament will be held in the summer of 2016 in France, with 24 total national teams being featured for the first time ever. At the present time, 53 national teams are vying to secure the 23 available slots with France getting an automatic bid already.
News Tip: Only Pro Evolutions
EA Sports has released Madden NFL 16 team ratings for the AFC North today, along with a few more player ratings.
Baltimore Ravens (85 OVR)
- Breshad Perriman (73 OVR)
- Maxx Williams (74 OVR)
- Justin Forsett (87 OVR)
- Marshall Yanda (98 OVR)
- Kelechi Osemele (90 OVR)
- Terrell Suggs (93 OVR)
- Daryl Smith (90 OVR)
- C. J. Mosely (88 OVR)
- Elvis Dumervil (88 OVR)
- Will Hill (88 OVR)
- Jeremy Hill (86 OVR)
- Andrew Whitworth (95 OVR)
- Kevin Zeitler (89 OVR)
- A. J. Green (92 OVR)
- Mohamed Sanu (79 OVR)
- Marvin Jones (78 OVR)
- Tyler Eifert (81 OVR)
- Geno Atkins (89 OVR)
- Carlos Dunlap (88 OVR)
- Michael Johnson (81 OVR)
- Vontaze Burfict (86 OVR)
- Rey Maualuga (83 OVR)
- Dre Kirkpatrick (77 OVR)
- Ben Roethlisberger (95 OVR)
- Antonio Brown (97 OVR)
- Le’Veon Bell (94 OVR)
- Martavis Bryant (80 OVR)
- Markus Wheaton (75 OVR)
- Stephon Tuitt (73 OVR)
- Cameron Heyward (88 OVR)
- James Harrison (84 OVR)
- Arthur Moats (80 OVR)
- Shamarko Thomas (76 OVR)
- Josh McCown (72 OVR)
- Johnny Manziel (71 OVR)
- Dwayne Bowe (83 OVR)
- Andrew Hawkins (80 OVR)
- Brian Hartline (78 OVR)
- Isaiah Crowell (74 OVR)
- Terrance West (73 OVR)
- Duke Johnson (73 OVR)
- Danny Shelton (75 OVR)
- Desmond Bryant (79 OVR)
- Randy Starks (79 OVR).
- Karlos Dansby (90 OVR)
- CB Joe Haden (90 OVR)
- Donte Whitner (90 OVR)
- Madden NFL 16 AFC East Team Ratings, Along with a Few More Player Ratings
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Punters
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Kickers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Safeties
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Cornerbacks
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Defensive Tackles
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Defensive Ends
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Outside Linebackers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Middle Linebackers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Offensive Linemen
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 6 Quarterbacks
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs
- Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed - Top 10