Four things you'll want to try when you get this year's game.
Which teams are going to be a lot better next year?
Hockey could be changing, how will it affect NHL 16?
A flaw seems to have appeared in how NBA 2K15 handles shot forms.
Operation Sports Content
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
02:20 PM - April 1, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
For anyone wondering if the simulation engine is up to par in MLB 15: The Show, here are the results of one simulated season and how the engine fared. Also, I simmed two other seasons (not in the video) which all ended up with strikingly different results. In one, the Astros and Brewers actually met in the World Series, with the Astros having the best record in all of baseball! In another, it was a battle of perennial contenders, with the Giants and Tigers facing off in the World Series.
In this particular sim, you can see the Red Sox and Nationals give it a go. The stat I Found most interesting is there wasn't a single 20 game winner in the pitchers, the last time that happened in the majors was 2009 with four players total at 19 wins.
Be sure to look through the league leaders and see if anything stands out to you as being unnatural -- also give the sample 'end of season' Radio Show a listen!
10:21 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Phil Varckette
This year there is a new hitting mechanic in MLB 15 The Show called Directional Hitting. The idea behind this system is rather simple. It's basically timing hitting with the ability to influence the directions of your hits by pushing the left stick in a certain direction.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Directional Hitting Impressions
08:03 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by 42. Written by Steve Noah
GameStop currently has Driveclub on sale for $19.99. Not sure how long this will last, so get it while you can. Make sure you click on the availability at a store near you.
07:41 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K15 patch #4, which arrived on March 12th for PlayStation 4 users, is available now for Xbox One users. It weighs in at 2.5 GB.
The patch primarily addresses the shoe issues in the game, more specifically in MyCAREER mode. You can see the workaround here. Once the patch notes are finally released, we will update this post.
Let us know what you are seeing.
UPDATE: The patch notes have been released.
- (XB1) Online games will no longer disconnect during gameplay when one or more users had minimized the title and returned while sitting on the Team Select screen prior to playing.
- Made a number of improvements to the player progression/regression systems that drive player ratings in MyGM/MyLEAGUE/MyCAREER.
- Fixed a rare case where the user team would trade for the upcoming pick mid-draft (MyGM/MyLEAGUE), but the team that traded away the pick would retain the rights to the player.
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to access specific Online Leagues.
- Removed “auto-hesitation” dribble animations that played when driving near defenders. Smoothed out the sprint to jog transition in the back court.
- Tuned shot percentages for a more obvious distinction between open and covered shots. Slight increase to contact dunk frequency for high level dunkers.
- Corrected an issue in MyTEAM where improved player badges were not appearing in the correct color when viewing a head-to-head game. The correct badge level with appropriate gameplay adjustments are now being made.
- The ‘Bruiser’ and ‘Hardened’ badges will now unlock properly in MyCAREER when the appropriate conditions are met.
- Fixed a rare case where some users would occasionally see the title hang during the series of legal screens at the start of the game.
- (XB1) Corrected an issue where Park Chat through the My NBA 2K15 app would not work for some users.
- (XB1) Fixed an issue where a user’s gamertag would not update in the Roster Creator interface when the gamertag was changed outside of the title.
01:40 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by DustinT. Written by Dustin Toms
Last year, when SCEA announced year-to-year saves, gamers rejoiced. It's tough making it through an 82-game season in NBA 2K. But hell, try playing 162 games! Year-to-year saves allows games to never lose their invested time into the teams and players they love. And now that MLB 15 The Show is here, we can at long last enjoy the new feature. Will it live up to the hype?
Read More: MLB 15 The Show: Year-to-Year Saves
12:04 AM - April 1, 2015. Posted by DustinT. Written by Robert Kollars
As good as Sony San Diego’s MLB franchise has been for the last decade, the one consistent struggle has been the online portion, specifically connecting to another player and trying to play a simple head-to-head game. While results will vary greatly depending on who you talk to, the one description that rarely changes when describing MLB The Show online is inconsistency. When asked about the struggles, the developers have offered up multiple reasons why different people have varying degrees of moderate success to simply complete failure when attempting to play online, but I have yet to hear one that credibly explains why one can connect to a person eight states away and have a decent experience, but when that same person attempts to connect to a friend eight blocks away, they get the dreaded “connection failed” message.
Read More: MLB 15 The Show Online Impressions
Tuesday, March 31, 2015
11:21 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by DustinT. Written by Dustin Toms
Our writers have had nearly 24 hours of play time with MLB 15 The Show. Let's just say this is good news.
Read More: MLB 15 The Show: Day One Impressions (Roundtable)
06:40 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
After being leaked a few weeks ago, along with some video footage, Driveclub has released the MotorStorm Wombat Typhoon. Check out the reveal trailer here.
There are no driver level or club level restrictions for the car, simply purchase the add-on from the PlayStation Store.
04:45 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Ben Vollmer
There are only a few things I'm sure of in this world, and one of them is that every spring MLB: The Show is going to release as one of the best sports video games of the year. There is a certain comfort to it all. The game doesn't change much, new features don't even have to be used (which really should be a staple in all sports games), and the game isn't going to have a single bug in it that is going to ruin my experience.
But when does this comfort become apathy? Baseball, more so than almost any other sport, thrives on tradition. The Show, in return, seems to do the same. Reliably consistent, the series makes additions that don't really change anything, but rather enhance the experience. As other games evolve and devolve by taking chances, The Show seems so comfortable in its own skin that it seems uncomfortable with the idea of leaving it behind. Often times, this works in its favor. Other times, it makes me wonder when and if we'll ever see MLB: The Show take another big leap forward.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Reviewer Day One Impressions (Written by - Ben Vollmer)
03:06 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
R.B.I. Baseball 15 is available now for PlayStation 4 users and will be available for Xbox One users at around 8:00 PM ET. In case you missed it, read our interview with Jamie Leece (MLBAM VP, Games) to get more details about the game.
UPDATE: It is now available on Xbox One.
New game features and enhancements include:
- Authentic ballparks with unique characteristics from every Major League Baseball club
- Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I. Baseball mode with 16 player rosters
- Stat tracking by team, player and season league leaders across multiple seasons
- Features over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes based on hundreds of millions of data points from the MLB.com database
- Master the art of hitting and fielding with 2-button retro controls. Optional fielding controls using face buttons.
- Own the pitch: Control the movement of your pitch from start to finish
- Multiple Game Modes:
- Online multiplayer includes friendly and ranked games
- Local 2P couch play
- Season, Postseason & Exhibition Mode
- Adjustable difficulty settings; Easy, Medium, Hard
03:00 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
MLB 15 The Show dropped today in stores, and many OS'ers have their hands on this year's flagship MLB title. I took some time to record some thoughts while I played through my first game this morning in The Show. You can watch the video above to hear some of my thoughts and see some gameplay, including my terrible hitting, hey it was my first game and my timing was off!
Watch the video and let us know what you think of The Show after your first few hours with the game!
02:13 PM - March 31, 2015. Posted by HustlinOwl. Written by Steve Noah
After announcing that the MLB 14 The Show online servers would be closing on June 18th, the team has decided to keep them online for a longer period of time. A new date will be announced soon.
09:40 AM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Millennium. Written by Steve Noah
Now that MLB 15 The Show is available for everyone, we would like to hear some early impressions from the OS community. Early impressions from the lucky OSers that found a copy early, can be seen here.
Please, only post impressions.
If you have questions, please use this thread.
If you want to see the beauty the game has, check out our member submitted Photography/Videography thread.
If you have bugs to report, please use this thread.
With that said, let's hear those impressions!
09:30 AM - March 31, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The WWE 2K15 Path of the Warrior DLC is available now on Xbox One and is scheduled to arrive later this afternoon for PlayStation 4, check out the trailer here. This 2K Showcase is included for Season Pass subscribers, $9.99 to purchase separately.
UPDATE: It is available now for all consoles.
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
- Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
- 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
Monday, March 30, 2015
06:18 PM - March 30, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another GameStop MLB Monday has arrived. Check out the latest MLB 15 The Show video, showing off the new features and improvements in the game.
If you missed it, click here to watch the first video focusing on the new digital economy system, their exclusive pre-order bonus and more. Click here to view the second video, showing off the graphical and stadium improvements in the game.