Operation Sports Content
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
01:17 PM - October 13, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Franchise Hockey Manager didn’t have the best start last year. The hockey management text-simulation certainly showed promise -- and after a major update was much better -- but it ultimately fell short of its initial promise.
The game, developed by the same company which produces Out of the Park Baseball, decided to take a new look at several aspects of how it does things. Taking a cue from Out of the Park Baseball, much of the game will be familiar to veterans of that franchise.
The interface has been cleaned up (and it looks a lot more like the other OOTP text-sim), and more importantly, the game experience has been refined, which leads to a better overall experience over last year’s game.
Read More - Franchise Hockey Manager 2 Review (PC/Mac)
01:02 PM - October 13, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K16 patch 1.02 is available now for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2.2GB. Xbox One users will have to wait a little longer, but no estimated time or date has been given.
The patch should fix the Pro-Am connection issues, but no other details have been given.
Until we get patch notes, scheduled to be released soon, feel free to let us know what you are seeing.
LD2K mentions to say goodbye to DemiGods and hi to Pro-Am arenas.
UPDATE: Patch notes have arrived.
- Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
- Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
- Tuned player sweat so that its effects are much more visible when playing longer quarter lengths.
- Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
- Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
- Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
- Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
- Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
- Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
- Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
- Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.
- Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
- 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.
- Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
- Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
- Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
- Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
- Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
- Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
- Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
- Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
Monday, October 12, 2015
03:13 PM - October 12, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine will make its way to Rocket League, in the Back to the Future Car Pack for $1.99, on October 21. Check out the teaser trailer here.
For those of you that might have missed it, the Revenge of the Battle-Cars DLC is coming on October 13 for $3.99, along with free limited-time Halloween-themed items on October 18.
Source - PlayStation.Blog
12:02 PM - October 12, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports will be adding new free content for Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR, including new golfers, modes and courses. No specific dates have been given for the content, but they promise to release it between now and the end of March, 2016. Check out the details below.
Golfers: Dustin Johnson, Henrik Stenson
Fantasy Course: Treasure Island
Real-World Courses: Quail Hollow (North Carolina), TPC Stadium at PGA West (California), Oakmont Country Club (Pennsylvania)
New Play Now Modes: Skins, Four Ball, Alternate Shot and Best Ball
Source - EA Sports
10:13 AM - October 12, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahA new update to for MMA Manager is available now for iOS ($3.99) and Android ($1.99) devices. It’s largely a player driven update, adding new features and balance changes based on feedback from actual players. Check out the details below.
- Corner advice between rounds
- The Fighter's info screen now has more complete data. This includes their complete fight history (from this update). Also, the number of times they've failed PED tests or missed weight.
- Sharing screenshots via the new in-game camera button.
- Fighter stats gradually decay down to 40, if they're not training in that discipline. Gameplay wise this is to encourage players to more round their fighters training regimes and keep a closer eye on their training
- Happy fighters train more effectively so fighter happiness is more important
- Cross training now takes a little longer and only trains the specific Stat for that gym.
- Coach negotiations now only allow 2 attempts to recruit them. Also, coaches will never accept a pay cut.
- Training Dilemmas Changes: Giving your fighter the day off will mean they don’t train this month.
- Gameplan Techniques are now explained better.
- On changing Leagues your Fighter's new Rank takes their old Rank into account.
- The end of the month will now always show your monthly finances and will show any fights booked for the coming month.
- Miscellaneous fight system improvements.
- Various bug fixes, including a very rare crash and a small issue where you could get stuck in the Objectives screen.
- Lots more tweaks and improvements
09:05 AM - October 12, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
Guest Post By Robby Haught, Two Brothers Gaming
Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them!
Read More - NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews
Sunday, October 11, 2015
11:20 AM - October 11, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Xbox One LEGO Movie Bundle with NBA 2K16 on Sale For $349
- Official MLB 15 The Show Roster Update Details (10-5-15)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Review (PS4/XB1)
- WWE 2K16 Season Pass Includes 30 Additional Wrestlers, 30 New Moves & More
- FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Forza Motorsport 6 October Content Update and Logitech G Car Pack Arrive Today
- NBA Live 16 Pro-Am Can Be Quite Fun
- Free Limited-Time Halloween-Themed Items Coming to Rocket League
- Play WWE 2K16 Early at Select Walmart Stores, Starting Today
- Week 5: Operation Sports Fantasy Football Championship on FanDuel
- WWE 2K16 Season Pass and DLC Details Revealed, Trailer Included
- NBA 2K16 Patch Coming Soon to Fix Pro-Am Issues
- NBA 2K16: MyTeam's Best Bronze Players
- 2K Announces NHL SuperCard Featuring Minnesota Wild Left Wing Zach Parise
- NBA 2K16: How MyGM and MyLeague Are The Best Modes in the Game
- Madden NFL 16 Roster Update For Week 5 of the NFL Season Available Now
- Need For Speed EA Access Trial Arrives on October 29 For EA Access Subscribers
- OOTP 16: ALDS Simulation
- OOTP 16: NLDS Simulation
- NBA 2K16 Patch #1 Available Now For PC Users, Details Included
- Press Row Podcast - Sports Avalanche!
- MLB 15 The Show: Full Playoff Sim
- WWE 2K16 Video - Goldust vs. Stardust
- Project CARS Patch 5.0 Available Now For PC, Soon For PS4 & Xbox One
Saturday, October 10, 2015
10:30 AM - October 10, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Project CARS patch 5.0 is available now for PC users, check out the details below. The patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users is coming soon, but no exact date has been revealed.
- Enforce fixed (default) setups – fixed cases where enabling this would still allow players to use custom setups. Enabled the player's custom controller settings to still be used when using fixed setups.
- Mojave layouts – fixed an issue where, if the host were disqualified, it would force end-of-race for everyone.
- Fixed an issue with tyre choices being ignored during pit stops.
- Improved AI behaviour in pit lanes to further reduce cars hitting the pit walls when driving out of the garages.
- Fixed an issue where cars under AI control would struggle to drive correctly on tracks with high banking.
- Fixed an issue where some car parts that were dislodged during a collision would not be removed when the track is cleared.
- Fixed an issue where the maximum amount of contract and invitation emails could be exceeded with DLC installed, resulting in the player not being notified of newly unlocked contract offers and invitational events.
- Fixed a bug on the splash screen where the controller used to press the A Button to start was not selected as the current controller.
- Logitech G29/G920 – updated default controller map sets for the layouts to be consistent between wheels and across platforms.
- Logitech G920 – fixed an issue with the gearshift mapping.
- Removed default assignments for wipers and lights, as this was disabling the wipers/lights turning on automatically when it started raining or got dark.
- Nürburgring GP, Sprint, Sprint Short – fixed an issue that caused issues for cars pitting in the first pit spot.
- Nordschleife – fixed an issue that caused cars to get stuck against the pit wall when driving in the pit lane.
- Nürburgring Sprint Short – fixed a cut track issue at the NGK Chicane.
- Barcelona GP – fixed cut track issue when entering the pit lane.
- Watkins Glen – improved overall track performance to address frame rate drops in certain areas.
- Aston Martin Vantage GTE – tweaked cockpit exposure to work better with rainy conditions.
- Aston Martin DBR 1-2 – set the car up so that the steering wheel remains in a static state when the user chooses the ‘hide wheel’ option, so that the user can still read the vital info displayed on the wheel.
- Aston Martin DBR1 1959 – fixed an issue where the wrong helmet was displayed when using Helmet View, tweaked inertia and roll stiffness to improve collision behaviour.
- Audi 90 IMSA GTO, Audi R8 V10 plus, Ruf Rt 12R – fixed an issue where the KERS bar would appear on the HUD of these cars, even though they don’t have KERS.
- BMW 320 Turbo – fixed an issue where the car would start 'wandering' in straight lines after a few laps.
- Bentley Continental GT3 – updated engine and minimum ride height to match latest; mapped real world balance of performance; updated gearbox ratios to current FIA specifications, putting it more in line with the other GT3 cars.
- Ford Mustang GT – improve braking power to better match the car's weight.
- Ginetta G40 – partial fix for front tires overheating if pressure goes over 1.8bar.
- Historic Lotus Formula cars – improved the Helmet View exposure settings
- Lotus 98T – fixed an issue with missing bodywork in the cockpit
- Mercedes C Class DTM – adjusted steering wheel shift lights to better match the engine's power band.
- Ruf CTR – changed to a more durable brake pad for track use and added an optional brake duct to help control temperatures at slow tracks.
- Display correct message when trying to toggle assists when assists are disabled.
- Fixed an issue with the Leaderboards navigation that prevented the user from changing the vehicle or location.
- Changed the displayed values for Lateral and Longitudinal weight bias, to make it more intuitive.
- Fixed an issue with bad Text spacing on the Telemetry screen.
- Fixed various issues with the HUD gearshift indicator during replays.
- Fixed an issue where making real time changes to the stability control would display incorrect information.
- Fixed an issue where the in-game Standings screen ‘Lap time’ was cleared too soon.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Sync to Race’ option was unavailable when configuring Weather Progression.
- Fixed an issue where the Best Driving Line assist appeared in the rear view mirrors.
- Localisation – added ‘United Arab Emirates’ used by Lykan to non-English language sets.
- Fixed an issue with Quick Race Weekend, where running Qualifying and Race without a Practice session would cause the Qualifying session rules to not work correctly.
- Fixed a case where the ‘One more for the road’ achievement would not unlock correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the player could still toggle driving assists on via buttons, even when driving assists was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the external driving camera would clip through the track on steep banking.
- Fixed an issue with random cloud ‘popping’ in and out of view.
- Fixed an issue with clouds disappearing when using time acceleration.
- Fixed a render timing issue that would at times cause a black screen when the processor is under heavy load.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player’s view to switch from helmet camera to cockpit camera during pit stops.
- Fixed an issue with Enhanced Mirror, where enabling it could at times cause occasional drop-outs of mirror content
- Improved support for Oculus Rift rendering to desktop and headset simultaneously.
- Added command line option -vrfullscreen for use when using second screen, to use whole screen instead of windowed mode.
- Amended driver head offset when in Oculus Rift mode – defaults to 0.0 but can be set using command line -vreyeoffset amount.
- Added HUD position editing control keys to the existing HUD editing setup: AD – left/right, WS – up/down, ZE – in/out. (Note that this doesn't save yet between game restarts. We have this working internally now but it missed this patch, so will be coming your way very soon)
- HUD and Menu system is now located in world and car space instead of attached to the player’s head.
- Updated to Oculus SDK 0.7.0.0.
Source - Project CARS Forum
Friday, October 9, 2015
08:26 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Cowboy008. Written by Steve Noah
The WWE 2K16 development team continue to reveal nuggets about their game. Today they show off a quick clip featuring Goldust vs. Stardust. Post your thoughts!
For more news, details and media on WWE 2K16, check out this page.
01:58 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
With the MLB Playoffs starting in earnest, its time for our somewhat-annual non-scientific simulation, using the latest version of MLB: The Show.
For this simulation, we used the latest roster update from SCEA and the ever-enjoyable Post Season mode. We also ensured that the Wildcard games ended as they actually did, with Houston and Chicago advancing.
Read More - MLB 15 The Show: Full Playoff Sim
01:51 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 152nd episode of the Press Row Podcast lets us catch our breath and look around the jammed sports game landscape now that all of the major titles have been released. Our panel revisits aspects of NBA 2K16, Madden 16, MLB 15 The Show, FIFA, Rocket League, and others. Which games are staying in our current rotations, and which ones have fallen out? What do we expect to change or stay the same for the rest of the fall? Enjoy the show!
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre and Hit The Pass (@pastapadre)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- Ryan Lewis, Hit The Pass (@RyanTheLou)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, Hit The Pass (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 19 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
01:15 PM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS.
NBA 2K16 patch #1 is available now for PC users. For those of you curious about the console patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, it is 2 to 3 weeks away. The fixes below are PC specific.
The team is aware of the dropped commentary during gameplay and will look into fixing it on the next patch.
- Added support for 21:9 UltraWide monitors, multiple monitor displays, and other non-16:9 aspect ratios.
- Fixed an issue where frame rate could stutter (even on higher end graphics cards) in either or both of gameplay and MyPARK.
- Fixed a bug where playcalling icons were not appearing for some users.
- Resolved a driver crash on below min spec DirectX 10.0 cards, such as the NVidia 9800 GT.
- Optimized crowd rendering, resulting in slightly improved performance on many configurations.
- Fixed ‘black rectangle’ artifact.
- Removed super sample configuration option due to driver instability.
This guest content provided by Out of the Park Developments.
The Chicago Cubs were seeking the first step toward ending a 100-year-plus championship drought. The Pittsburgh Pirates were hoping to win their first playoff game since 1992, after two Wild Card play-in game losses in 2013 and 2014. Chicago prevailed on the road, shutting down Pittsburgh in a 4-0 win that sent them to the NLDS against the St. Louis Cardinals.
(Did we mention that the NL Central had the top three records in Major League Baseball this year? Only one of those teams will make it to the NLCS. Wow.)
Meanwhile, the New York Mets and Los Angeles Dodgers knew they would be matched up once the regular season ended, and they’re ready to get started in their NLDS on Friday. New York hasn’t been to the postseason since 2006, while LA has been there the past two years and six times since 2004 but hasn’t played in a World Series since they won it all in 1988.
Read More - OOTP 16: NLDS Simulation
This guest content provided by Out of the Park Developments.
The Houston Astros’ 3-0 victory over the New York Yankees on Tuesday night punched their ticket to an American League Division Series against reigning AL champs the Kansas City Royals. Meanwhile, the Texas Rangers and Toronto Blue Jays have known since the end of the regular season that they would meet in the other ALDS match-up.
Who will prevail in both series? As with our NL and AL Wild Card play-in game write-ups, we simmed each series five times and created a composite of the results to arrive at our prediction. We were helped by a handy option that was added to a special internal build of Out of the Park Baseball 16: a Game Importance dropdown that tells the AI if it should treat the sims as if they’re regular games or do-or-die affairs.
Read More - OOTP 16: ALDS Simulation
08:00 AM - October 9, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Need For Speed EA Access trial is scheduled to arrive on October 29 for EA Access subscribers. All of the recently released trial games have given subscribers 10 hours of gameplay, so that seems to be the standard.
Also of note, EA Access trial games have recently arrived a day early at 5:00 PM ET. So it is very likely that subscribers will see the trial on October 28. Whichever the case, we will announce it, when it becomes available.
Need For Speed is scheduled to release on November 3 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PC version has been delayed until Spring of 2016.