A look at the process of reviewing tough to review games...
This year's Madden Ultimate Team is better than ever, why you should be giving it a shot.
How to stop the mesh route in Madden, in just about a minute.
Can the past-gen version offer any value to NHL fans?
It’s that time of year again. Fresh off a memorable World Cup, gamers across the globe can’t wait to get their hands on FIFA 15 with hopes of leading their club to glory. With the summer season over and squads finalized, it’s time to rejoice, set your DVRs, order the latest kit, and of course, play FIFA.
Now that the release is less than a week away let’s takes a look at five reasons why you should be excited for FIFA 15...
Read More - Five Reasons to be Excited for FIFA 15
EA Sports has released NBA Live 15 screenshots of every arena in the game. Which one is your favorite?
- Atlanta Hawks - Philips Arena
- Boston Celtics - TD Garden
- Brooklyn Nets - Barclays Center
- Charlotte Hornets - Time Warner Cable Arena
- Chicago Bulls - United Center
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Quicken Loans Arena
- Dallas Mavericks - American Airlines Center
- Denver Nuggets - Pepsi Center
- Detroit Pistons - The Palace of Auburn Hills
- Golden State Warriors - Oracle Arena
- Houston Rockets - Toyota Center
- Indiana Pacers - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Los Angeles Clippers - STAPLES Center
- Los Angeles Lakers - STAPLES Center
- Memphis Grizzlies - FedEx Forum
- Miami Heat - American Airlines Arena
- Milwaukee Bucks - BMO Harris Bradley Center
- Minnesota Timberwolves - Target Center
- New Orleans Pelicans - Smoothie King Center
- New York Knicks - Madison Square Garden
- Oklahoma City Thunder - Chesapeake Energy Arena
- Orlando Magic - Amway Center
- Philadelphia 76ers - Wells Fargo Center
- Phoenix Suns - US Airways Center
- Portland Trail Blazers - Moda Center
- Sacramento Kings - Sleep Train Arena
- San Antonio Spurs - AT&T Center
- Toronto Raptors - Air Canada Centre
- Utah Jazz - Energy Solutions Arena
- Washington Wizards - Verizon Center
EA Sports has released a tuner update for NHL 15 and included the details for it. They didn't specify which console(s) it is for, although users in the EA Forums have seen it pop up for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Try it out and let us know what you are seeing.
- The effectiveness of cross-body one timers has been reduced.
- Various goal scoring exploits have been addressed.
- Improved goalie positioning and reads for breakaways.
- Reduced the goalie’s bias to protect the forehand side slightly, as low far side slap shots are sometimes exposed.
- Lower hit assistance on the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.
- Offensive players are now easier to knock over during big stride dekes.
- Puck control has been tuned down when the puck carriers’ stick incidentally collides with an opposing players.
- Shot accuracy will decrease when a player has low puck control.
- Puck control will decrease slightly if you string together multiple dekes.
- Increased poke check effectiveness for the hardcore difficulty setting and online matches.
NHL 15 hasn't had the smoothest year up to this point.
Many reviews, including our own, gave the game very pedestrian scores. Of course, critic scoring of game titles is only one aspects of the post-release launch. Many fans have been quite unhappy with the game and its direction on our forums as well.
But yet in all of the pessimism there is a glimmer of hope. The gameplay within the new-gen version is actually rather good, and the presentation took giant leaps forward this year. So while this year's game was missing a lot of modes, there is still reason for hope with the future of the franchise.
So with all of that said, can NHL recover from this year's debacle and regain its status as one of the premiere titles in our genre?
Read More - Will NHL Recover From a Down Year? (Roundtable)
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In the seventh episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode discuss the breaking news about Jameis Winston having his suspension extended to the entire game against Clemson, and what it means for Winston and Florida State. The guys also look forward to Week 4's biggest games, including some intriguing local match-ups, and make predictions for the biggest games of the week, UNC at ECU, UVA at BYU, Florida at Alabama, Oklahoma at West Virginia, Mississippi State at LSU and Clemson at Florida State!
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys next Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
The NBA 2K15 player ratings have been revealed for the 101st overall rated player through 150.
The top 100 players will be revealed later, as the Twitter account builds more followers.
Post your thoughts!
Chris "LD2K" Manning and the NBA 2K15 developer team just sent us the full list and description of the NBA 2K15 badges. These badges are exclusive to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Read More - Full List and Description of NBA 2K15 Badges
IRB Gamer has posted their hands-on impressions of NBA Live 15. Other than mentioning a new free throw mechanic and Game Face not being included, there isn't much else here.
There is no mention of an early demo, which looked like a possibility from an article back in July. NBA Live 15 is scheduled to arrive for EA Access subscribers five days before release, which would give users six hours of gameplay, starting on October 23rd. If there is no demo, PlayStation 4 users will have no way of trying the game out, prior to purchase.
Feel free to give it a read and post your thoughts.
The 101st episode of the Press Row Podcast run the gamut, from big-time AAA sports games to brand new mobile indie offerings. Up first, host Rich Grisham interviews NHL 15 producer Sean Ramjagsingh about the launch of EA’s pro hockey title – what went well, whether fan expectations were fair, reactions to the lack of modes that had been in previous generation versions of the game, and the future of the franchise. It’s an honest look at the extraordinary difficulties that surround making the leap from one generation to another. Up next, ESPN’s Gus Ramsey (and his new puppy Bronco!) joins Rich for his annual take on Madden 15. Lastly, Rich is joined by PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey to interview Mike Saperstein, the creative director of the new Tap Sports Baseball mobile game that many of our listeners have found to be a lot of fun. They discuss the ideas behind the game and how it came to life.
Joining us this week:
- Sean Ramjagsingh, EA Sports (@Rammer34)
- Gus Ramsey, ESPN (@GusRamsey)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- Michael Saperstein, Tap Sports Baseball
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 52 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
It looks like 2K Sports has picked up Jon Smith, AKA JaoSming, to work on the NBA 2K series.
Most of you know him for his PC modding work on the series... Sometimes here, but mostly over at NLSC. For those unfamiliar with his work, check out his YouTube channel.
Let's wish him the best of luck.
FIFA 15 is available now for EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You can play the full game until release date, which is September 23rd.
Play a few matches and post your impressions.
2K has just announced NBA2K TV, exclusively for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Check out the video with sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita and cover athlete Kevin Durant and leave your thoughts.
Read the full press release below.
2K today introduced NBA2K TV, an innovative, player-focused, in-game broadcast program coming to the next-generation and PC versions of NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. Hosted by sports broadcast personality Rachel A DeMita, NBA2K TV will be the source for NBA 2K community news by delivering compelling game-related programming and giving dedicated NBA 2K players a voice in the content of each show.
NBA 2KTV’s on-demand show format will also showcase content from the most popular gameplay features dictated by fans of NBA 2K15. Viewers can expect to see interviews with the game’s development team, gameplay highlights, game related events, basketball culture, NBA player interviews, basketball lifestyle and more.
Check out the new Forza Horizon 2 live action TV commercial titled, Leave Your Limits. It's a great video showcasing the massive wide-open world in the game.
Forza Horizon 2 is available on September 30th, exclusively on Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Check out the complete list of stadiums in FIFA 15, featuring over 40 licensed stadiums, including every one of them in the Barclays Premier League.
- La Bombonera - Boca Juniors
- BC Place Stadium - Vancouver Whitecaps
- Anfield - Liverpool FC
- Boleyn Ground - West Ham United
- Britannia Stadium - Stoke City
- Emirates Stadium - Arsenal
- Etihad Stadium - Manchester City
- Goodison Park - Everton
- King Power Stadium - Leicester City
- Liberty Stadium - Swansea City
- Loftus Road - Queens Park Rangers
- Old Trafford - Manchester United
- Selhurst Park - Crystal Palace
- St. James' Park - Newcastle United
- St. Mary's Stadium - Southampton
- Stadium of Light - Sunderland
- Stamford Bridge - Chelsea FC
- The Hawthorns - West Bromwich Albion
- The KC Stadium - Hull City
- Turf Moor - Burnley
- Villa Park - Aston Villa
- Wembley Stadium - England
- White Hart Lane - Tottenham Hotspur
- Parc des Princes - Paris Saint-Germain
- Stade Gerland - Olympique Lyonnais
- Allianz Arena - Bayern München, TSV 1860 München
- Imtech Arena - Hamburger SV
- Olympiastadion - Hertha BSC
- Signal Iduna Park - Borussia Dortmund
- Veltins-Arena - FC Schalke 04
- Juventus Stadium - Juventus
- San Siro/Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - AC Milan, Inter
- Stadio Olimpico - Lazio, Roma
- Estadio Azteca - Club América, Mexico
- Amsterdam ArenA - Ajax, The Netherlands
- King Fahd International Stadium - Al Hial, Al Nassr, Al Shabab
- Camp Nou - FC Barcelona
- Estadio Vicente Calderon - Atlético de Madrid
- Mestalla - Valencia
- Santiago Bernabéu - Real Madrid
- Donbass Arena - Shakhtar Donetsk
- Available in Kick-Off, FIFA Ultimate Team, Career Mode and during skill games.
The above video is from our friends at GoMadden. If you like the video above, subscribe to GoMadden on YouTube and follow them on Twitter.
Madden 15 is all about thinking running first, passing second, which is why it’s incredibly important to make sure you are giving your runners the best opportunity to succeed. In our latest in Madden Tips, we’re going to show you a method to make those Wildcat runs all the more dangerous.
You may not realize it, but you can turn your Power runs from the Wildcat into dangerous option plays, simply by clicking a button. With this technique, you can maximize your efficiency when running the ball, and make it much more challenging for the defense to key in on you running lanes. It’s one of the more fun tips we’ve been using in recent days.
If you can't see the video above, click here to see it.