Want a chance to win a next-gen console? We're partnering with FanDuel for an awesome Fantasy competition.
Our review of EA's latest work with Madden NFL 15...
Our initial impressions on the retail version of the game...
Sean confirms there will be no EASHL, OTP, GM Connected or Live the Life this year at launch in NHL 15 on XB1 or PS4.
While these two rivalries will provide a decent arc to play through come October, it's fun to think about what other rivalries might be included as post-launch DLC. There will likely be new wrestlers added to the roster as DLC, but you'd have to believe that only characters on the launch roster will be considered for actual rivalries. Since there is also likely a good deal of effort required to stitch together all of the archival content and context for these modes, it's probable that we'll only see two or three “feuds” available for purchase.
Which rivalries make the most sense?
Read More - Five Possible DLC Rivalries for WWE 2K15
2K Sports has released this new NBA 2K15 video (Instagram, very short clip), featuring some of the mascots in the game. Ronnie mentioned that he couldn't wait to see OS break it down, so let's hear it!
Check out the latest NBA Live 15 screenshot, featuring the Philips Arena, home of the Atlanta Hawks.
- Quicken Loans Arena
- Amway Center
- Chesapeake Energy Arena
- United Center
- AT&T Center
- Madison Square Garden & Barclays Center
- BMO Harris Bradley Center
EA Sports has released a companion app for Madden NFL 15 owners which allows them to stay connected to their Ultimate Teams and CFM's via a smartphone app.
The app, built for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 owners, is a gateway to your Madden NFL experience on the go. You can stay up to date with your latest advancements in Connected Franchise and receive Ultimate Team updates as part of the iOS and Android app.
The app also enables CoachGlass for your Xbox One and PlayStation 4 experience.
The app is still listed as coming soon on the EA Sports website, but we'll let you know when it is available for gamers to use.
It appears there could be a nasty bug right now in Madden NFL 15, with user vs. user game results in online CFM not appearing to register upon completion. Its very possible this is a server side issue and could be fixed rather quickly, but if it's on the software side a patch will have to be developed and then released which could take a couple of weeks.
Thus far, a quick investigation and questionnaire of the community seems to indicate the problem is widespread, with no one actually reporting their results have counted at this point. It is entirely possible some results are being counted, just they appear to be sporadic at this point. For now, it's probably best to hold off on starting user vs. user online CFM's until we get official word the problem is fixed.
UPDATE: Just received official word from EA Sports.
"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin."
I'm not sure who came up with the quote (a quick bit of research also shows similar confusion on the source), but it seems some within the FIFA 15 Ultimate Team community have taken it completely to heart. This year, EA Sports is hoping to clamp down on the cheating going on in FUT by banning users who employ popular cheating tactics.
"Although they are a minority amongst FIFA fans, cheaters disrupt the gameplay experience and enjoyment for honest FIFA fans in a number of ways," EA said in a recent blog post on their website. "These include things like overloading servers, phishing and compromising other player accounts, and participating in the unauthorised exchange of virtual currency. It’s time for us to draw a clear and strong line against cheaters who negatively impact the FIFA experience for our millions of players online."
It appears as if many of the tactics employed in prior years will be watched and clamped down on this year by EA, which will almost certainly lead to a better experience for everyone...except the cheaters of course.
Be sure to read the full list of changes, and let us know what you think of them in the comments below!
The Forza Horizon 2 demo is scheduled to arrive on September 16th for Xbox One gamers. Check out the list of achievements here.
No official word on the 360 demo, so odds are there won't be one. The game launches on 360 and Xbox One on September 30th.
Pure Pool just got a lot better thanks to its Version 1.01 update which adds tons of new features and even a new game mode. Here is what changed:
• New Game Mode - UK Black-Ball added to roster.
• New ‘Master’ difficulty (no aim aids). Removed the circle that appeared on the target ball.
• 9-ball free table - If the player has 9-ball as their default game type, the 9-ball rack will be set up in free play mode rather than the current forced 8-ball.
• General AI Improvements.
• Challenge notification icon - This displays an icon next to the players ‘Games’ option to inform them that they have received a challenge form another player.
• Offline Player Challenge notification - sends a message direct to the player if they are not playing Pure Pool.
• Opponent player card accessible mid-game - Allows the player to see their opponent’s player card at any time during a match.
• Opponent able to view player’s table cam.
• Player online feed only for friends - Removed the constant player online pop-ups. Only displays friend who comes online.
• Diamonds on the table rails to help players when shooting doubles.
• Yellow aim line made more distinct to reduce confusion between the two lines.
• Potting the black from the break now re-racks the balls.
• Player is now asked if they want to play against a DNA opponent or wants to continue searching for another online player.
• DNA now displayed next to the user name to clearly mark it out as an AI Player.
• Server optimization.
• The opponents cue updates will now always be visible as they move it around.
• Removed extended AI Shot times.
• Bug fix for player’s games not timing out and the game being award to the absent player.
• Bug fix to stop the player changing their difficulty mid-challenge and posting their score/time on the incorrect leaderboard.
If you have Pure Pool, download the newest update and let us know what you think!
The NHL 15 demo arrived today for PS4 users, and yesterday for Xbox One users. With so much controversey surrounding this year's NHL's release, thanks in part to several key missing modes in the new-gen debut, the game will have to rely upon its presentation and gameplay to deliver an experience worth gamer's hard earned $60.
So with that, here are some extended thoughts from our staff on whether the game is shaping up to do just that.
Read More - NHL 15 Demo: Is the Gameplay Enough? (Roundtable)
Most of our staff have gotten just as much playtime as most of you at this point, so here are some initial thoughts from the guys who will be covering the game in the coming days and weeks...
Read More - Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)
Today's guest video post is from Brian Mazique at Franchise Play. If you are stuck at work or haven't checked out the demo, Brian plays a game in the demo and gives his thoughts on what he's playing. This should be a pretty good watch for you PS4 users waiting on your demo time.
If you like Brian's style, be sure to check him out on YouTube and subscribe to him.
Also follow Brian on Twitter.
EA Sports released a new trailer for NHL 15, showing off the 'Living Worlds' aspect of the game. Here are some highlights:
- Each arena has been brought to life like never before.
- Lighting from the arena lights reflect off of the ice. The ice also shows incremental wear throughout the game.
- Each arena is scaled uniquely, with precise seating charts and details, including championship banners.
- 9000 individual crowd models in the arena.
- The fans have real behaviors, including banging on the glass during fights or big hits or anticipating big plays. Each fan has a different behavior, such as superfans being more active.
It's officially release day for Madden NFL 15!
As with any major release, the OS Community is alive and well today talking about the game in our Madden forum, so you should not hesitate to venture in and get any questions you have answered!
Here are some more pertinent links for you to explore today:
- Our official Madden NFL 15 review for XB1 and PS4. We call the game good, but ultimately held back by some pretty big issues which need addressing.
- Want to let the world know what you think of Madden? Check into our impressions thread!
- If you are already looking for the perfect slider set, check out our sliders forum for Madden.
- Online issues? We have a forum for that.
- MUT Heads unite! We have a community dedicated to this aspect of the game, which is better than ever.
More new cars were revealed today for Forza Horizon 2, adding to the (eventual) fully revealed list of 200-plus cars in the game.
Today's cars include:
- 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
- 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400
- 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo
- 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
- 1995 Ferrari F50
- 1992 Honda NSX-R
- 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex
- 1985 Ford RS200 Evolution
- 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
- 1994 Nissan 240SX SE
- 1968 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
- 2012 Caterham Superlight R500
- 2009 Honda S2000 CR