This year's Madden Ultimate Team is better than ever, why you should be giving it a shot.
How to stop the mesh route in Madden, in just about a minute.
Can the past-gen version offer any value to NHL fans?
A look at whether Madden NFL 15 is truly a smarter game...
Week 2 was another big success with 93 Operationsports members playing in our championship league! It’s not too late to join, since each league lasts just one week. Week 3’s league is just $5 to enter, pays out $500 in total cash prizes, and the winner gets to compete for the championship and a free Playstation 4 or Xbox One in the week 5 final!
Here’s the link for week 3’s league. All lineups lock and the league starts on Sunday at 1:00 PM ET.
Congratulations to Ertlt, who won the week 2 league behind 80 combined points from a trio of Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson and Randal Cobb combined for 80 of his 149 points!
Here’s Ertlt's full team, which was good for a nice $75 payout in week 2! For his win, Ertlt also earns a chance to win a PS4 in the week 5 championship league.
Click here to join the week 3 league. Good luck!
DarkAlextesteur (Dark_Alex) has posted over 30 minutes of Driveclub gameplay video. FYI, it's in French...
There's a new baseball game coming to town by the name of Super Mega Baseball. Super Mega Baseball promises to bring a fresh and fun new experience for PlayStation gamers, with a graphical style that's a bit over the top -- but with quite realistic baseball on the field.
Created by Metalhead Software, the game seeks to begin to fill the void left by big publishers who vacated the non-licensed but more lighthearted area within world of sports video games.
In a blog on PlayStation.com, co-founder of Metalhead Studios Scott Drader said this about the vision behind the game, "I’ll acknowledge that there’s some nostalgia in my words. The reality is that games have improved, and so have expectations. There are reasons we see fewer sports games now. There are reasons that indie developers haven’t penetrated the sports genre in the same way they have other genres. I could talk all day about how these things came to be, but let’s just say that we decided it was absolutely necessary that we make a new couch-coop/competitive baseball game."
Here are some relevant details on the game:
- 2-4 player couch co-op/competitive: This can be head-to-head, 2v1, 2v2, or co-op vs the CPU. When you’ve got a teammate, you’ll be alternating batting/running each at-bat, and alternating pitching/fielding each inning. This means everyone’s involved and you’ll have to be on your toes. There’s per-user, sliding difficulty settings, meaning you’ll be able to easily setup a close game between friends of any skill levels.
- Ultra responsive, blazing fast gameplay: In a nutshell, you’re going to spend most of your time telling your players what to do. All the cinematic stuff is skippable and you’ll be able to cut through 9-innings in 20 minutes. The basic controls are ultra-easy to learn, but you’ll need to master jumping, diving, wall-catches, power-swings, and cut-off plays to properly dominate your friends.
- Full batting/pitching stats: There’s not much to say here other than that the information you expect to see is all there.
- Realistic simulation and physics: Don’t be fooled by the light-hearted/comical presentation; the fundamentals of the sport of baseball are here.
- Leveling System: You’ll tally up Starpoints for hits/strikeouts/catches during each game, Level Up once you have enough, and then hire staff to train and coach your players, boosting their abilities. Use that jacked up team to win at higher difficulties (and post higher leaderboard scores than your friends!).
- Team customizations: Customize the look of your squad to your hearts delight. You can make as many aesthetic adjustments as you want. Laaaaadies… are in the house (and the game).
Added two brand-new game features and a variety of prizes. Climb your way to the top of “The Ladder” or pick sides in real life WWE matchups with the “People's Champion Challenge!”
- New “People's Champion Challenge” Mode: WWE SuperCard will take real life WWE matchups and let you pick a side. Earn wins for your side to increase your rank, win the matchup, and acquire exclusive cards based on your performance!
- “The Ladder:” Every game counts towards gaining ground in your climb to get to the top of “The Ladder.” The higher you ascend, the more rewards you’ll unlock. Track your progress and see how many games left until your next big prize!
- Added WWE Diva Paige cards. NOTE: Only available as prizes in “The Ladder.”
- New Ultra Rare Card Pack added in store.
As mentioned earlier this morning, NBA 2K15 will allow Xbox One (with Kinect) and PlayStation 4 (with PlayStation 4 camera) gamers to scan their faces into the game. These can be used in MyCAREER and MyGM modes.
Check out the video to see how it works.
UPDATE: You can re-face scan at any point as you wish. Grow a beard? Have a nice goatee? Get a shiner? All up to you. Will update on spot.
If you are looking for a PlayStation 4 camera, they are on sale for $40.21.
Check out the official press release below.
2K today revealed all-new, in-game face scan technology for next gen consoles that enables NBA 2K15 players to put themselves into the game like never before. Players can scan their face into NBA 2K15 directly through native, first-party camera hardware, allowing them to take customization to a new level for their MyPlayer. Now players can see themselves live the life of an NBA athlete in MyCareer mode and play alongside familiar faces online in multiplayer gameplay modes. With 2K’s facial scanning technology, NBA 2K15 will be the first game on next gen consoles to allow players to create a true, 3D representation of their face.
Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.
The PES 2015 demo is now scheduled to arrive in the USA on September 23rd for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Users can try creating a non-USA account to download it. (Google)
Let us know if you are having any luck and assist others.
In case you haven't heard, WWE 2K15's PS4/XB1 release is being delayed by a few weeks to November 18. The past-gen version (PS3/360) is still on tap for a late-October launch. Delays aren't usually the greatest things for titles, but they also sometimes mean the game simply needed a bit more time to polish up.
So which camp are you in? Are you worried about the status of WWE 2K15 on the XB1/PS4? Do you think the game is fine? Sound off in our poll!
Here are a few more NBA Live 15 screenshots of John Wall, Dwight Howard, and Victor Oladipo. Thanks Jellychen23!
More than four years ago, I had the opportunity to review Blood Bowl on the Xbox 360. Since then, multiple versions of this digital board game have been released on numerous platforms, from Nintendo DS to the PC. Now the franchsie arrives on yet another platform: mobile devices.
Read More - Blood Bowl Is a Compelling But Also Very Familiar Mobile Experience (Review)
The NHL 2K series is making a return on iOS and Android devices (screenshots here). Find out more details about the game and whether or not they have plans for a console return, in our interview with Chris Snyder, VP of Marketing at 2K.
Check out the full press release below.
NHL 2K Coming Soon to the App Store & Google Play
2K today announced the hard-hitting action of the NHL is returning to mobile devices with NHL® 2K. Co-developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, and Virtuos Games, NHL 2K will arrive this fall for iOS and Android devices as a premium mobile game for $7.99.
NHL fans and mobile game enthusiasts will enjoy NHL 2K’s enhanced graphics and compelling new features, including a detailed My Career mode; fast-paced, three-on-three mini-game; and first-ever multiplayer options, allowing fans to play in a turn-based shootout against their friends. In addition, the NHL 2K universe will continually expand with roster updates, enabling players to routinely add new talent to their teams as they compete to win the highly coveted Stanley Cup® Championship.
A complete list of NHL 2K features includes:
- Classic game modes, including NHL Winter Classic®, Free Skate and Shootout;
- New immersive My Career mode;
- New three-on-three competitive Mini-Rink game;
- New multiplayer options;
- Live roster updates;
- MFi Controller compatibility, NHL GameCenter LIVE™ connectivity and iCloud support (for iOS only).
NHL 2K will be available for download later this fall from the App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for $7.99.
NLSC has posted episode 95 of their podcast, this week features the return of Leftos to the show with a goldmine of information! In depth info on MyGM and MyLEAGUE as well as insights on what it's been like to work on the NBA 2K development team.
Some key points within the podcast include:
- New pro scouting feature.
- How the progression system has been changed.
- A new in-season training system in MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
- No more CPU Position Stacking.
- Storylines for draft picks in MyLEAGUE and MyGM.
- A number of legacy issues related to free agency fixed.
The podcast is a weighty 2.5 hour listen, but it's definitely worth it if you want in-depth info on this year's game.
Listen to the podcast at the NLSC.
It looks like 2K Sports will have a face scanning solution similar to EA's Game Face technology. Users will be able to scan their face into the game with their Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles.
Users can play NBA 2K15 with a player face that looks just like them. Check out the video at KTVU.
UPDATE: Ronnie has chimed in on Twitter. Looks like we'll see more soon.
Ronnie2K and LD2K hosted another Twitch stream last night (you can watch the archive here), as they discussed the new badge system and some other things mixed in. The team has decided to go away from Signature Skills.
LD2K pointed out quite a few details from the stream on Twitter and we have listed some of them below. A blog will arrive soon with more details.
- NBA 2K15: 77 total badges. 28 of them are categorized as "personality badges" effecting hot/cold streaks, ambient animations & facial exp's.
- The rest are categorized as "Skill Badges" which have 3 tiers - Bronze, Silver, Gold.
- These are categorized as outside scoring, inside scoring, athleticism, playmaking, and rebounding.
- NBA players can have up to 70 badges and skill badges are not limited to one tier. LeBron currently has the most with 47 total badges.
- In MyCAREER, badges are EARNED based on your play, how you respond to situations in scenes and how good your regular attributes are.
- NBA Players can't have all 77 badges because some conflict (ie: a player can't have both ALPHA Dog and BETA Dog).
- 6,000 new animations, deep defensive settings, new shot system & streamlined gameplay w/ legacy issues addressed...
- Defense is also categorized in the skill badges.
- This will highlight role players better than ever! Paired with the game play improvements &ratings system, badges are phenomenal in NBA 2K15
- The crowd will erupt during big plays and 4th quarter games are absolutely bananas. One of my fav. thing about NBA 2K15. Adrenaline rush!
- The crowd will empty out of the arena during blowouts... Empty seats means you need to step your game up!
The sneakers in NBA Live 15 look amazing. Check out the blog and new screenshots of just some of the kicks you will see in the game. These include many shoes from the Jordan Brand, Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour.
NBA Live 15 is set to release on October 28th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
NBA 2K15 - Offensive Gameplay Pros & Cons Part 1 - Spacing, Plays, Gathers, Passing & Floaters (Video #2 HERE)
NBA 2K15 - Community Team Up - RoundUp 1: My Thoughts Gameplay, Graphics & Presentation 1st Face-Cam (Video #2 HERE)
NBA 2K15 Gameplay Impressions - General Gameplay Thoughts from 2K15 Community Team Up!
NBA 2K15 Team Up - GAMEPLAY BREAKDOWN / New Controls, Badges, Dribbling Animations etc.