WWE 2K23: How to Get Injuries in WWE Universe Mode
Learn how to get Injuries in WWE 2K23’s Universe Mode!
Injuries are common in pro wrestling. As such, whether kayfabe or real, they are also included in WWE 2K23‘s Universe mode. There are multiple ways to create injuries in WWE Universe mode, and we’ll discuss them in this article.
WWE 2K23: How To Get Injuries In WWE Universe Mode
Most injuries are part of storylines to push rivalries between superstars. Here’s how to set up these injury scenarios:
- In the Universe menu, select a match of your choosing.
- Press R3 to bring up the Rivalry Actions screen.
- Select the attacking wrestler and select either Attack or Ambush.
- Select from these options, such as Post-Match Torso Injury, Targeted Leg Ambush, Targeted Arm Ambush, etc. All of these options are new to WWE 2K23‘s Universe mode.
- Play the match with or without controlling any superstars, and you should get a cutscene.
In our case, we played a match with AJ Styles and Finn Balor. We chose Ambush and Targeted Leg Ambush. As a result, Finn Balor assaulted AJ Styles during his entrance. Moreover, we let Finn Balor win the match, in which he continued to target AJ Styles’ leg, causing a Minor Leg Injury for a few weeks. If AJ had won the match, a different scenario would have played out (but AJ would still have an injury).
That is only one example of what you can create to make a rivalry intense and exciting. You can choose to have the victim have a payback moment later on in the rivalry so that you can rally up the crowd. It would be best to consider these attacks when starting a rivalry to further cement who the heel is between the two superstars.
Lastly, remember that injuries can only happen depending on the criteria of the attack. Usually, this involves having the attacking superstar win the match afterward. Make sure to read the conditions of the actions to ensure that you get the desired results in WWE 2K23.