2K delivered a bunch of WWE 2K22 goodies today including a new trailer, features, screenshots, pre-order bonuses, cover athlete, release dates and much more. Rey Mysterio is the cover athlete for WWE 2K22, but there is also the nWo 4-Life Digital Edition as seen below.
- VISUALS & GAMEPLAY – Throw down with the biggest and most realistic-looking WWE Superstars and Legends like The Rock, Sasha Banks, Brock Lesnar, and more. WWE2K22 hits different – including an all new visual effects engine, never seen before camera angles, rescanned and realistic Superstars, unique environments and more!
- 2K SHOWCASE – 619 your way to Superstardom and celebrate pivotal moments in Rey Mysterio’s iconic career in 2K Showcase. Booyaka!
- MyFACTION – In a franchise-first, the all-new MyFACTION lets you build a faction that rivals the nWo. Collect, manage and upgrade WWE Superstars, with weekly events and regular updates!
- MyRISE – Start your career and finish the competition by taking on not one, but two MyRISE adventures. Featuring unique male and female storylines, MyRISE lets you choose your journey like never before.
- Creation Suite – Build for Yourself, Share with the World! The Creation Suite is back and better than ever. Be yourself or someone else. Then step in the ring anytime, anywhere in the world.
WWE 2K22 will release on March 11 in four Editions:
- Standard Edition – ($59.99) PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC – ($69.99) on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S
- Cross-Gen Digital Bundle – ($79.99) Includes digital Standard Edition and the Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack across previous and current-gen within the same PlayStation and Xbox consoles
- Deluxe Edition – ($99.99) PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S in both physical and digital formats, and on PC in digital format. The Deluxe Edition includes the Standard Edition plus the Undertaker Immortal Pack; a Season Pass to all five post-launch DLC content packs; the MyRISE Mega-Boost andSuperCharger packs; limited edition WWE SuperCard content** (included in-box for physical copies only). The Deluxe Edition will be available from March 8, 2022 – three days early. Players who purchase the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X|S edition will also receive the Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack
- nWo 4-Life Digital Edition – ($119.99) PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Celebrating 25 years of the faction that turned the sports entertainment world on its head, in addition to the Standard Edition, and all bonus content included in the Deluxe Edition, the nWo 4-Life Edition comes with MyFACTION EVO Cards and alternate nWo attires for Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Syxx plus a playable Eric Bischoff character, WCW Souled Out 1997 and WCW Bash at the Beach 1996 arenas, and the nWo Wolfpac Championship. The nWo 4-Life Edition will also be available from March 8, 2022 – three days early.
From the redesigned gameplay engine to new controls and upgraded visuals, WWE 2K22 is set to look, feel, play, and “Hit Different.” The engine, coupled with WWE 2K’s most stunning graphics to date, ensures an unprecedented level of realism for the franchise. Alongside an updated and intuitive control scheme, as well as an immersive presentation and varied camera angles, players will feel the pressure and reward of every punch, kick, and slam.
Popular game modes including the returning 2K Showcase – starring Rey Mysterio – incorporate new features and updates, allowing players to relive the iconic moments behind Mysterio’s most famous matches. In MyRISE, players chart their own paths to superstardom. With Universe Mode and the upgraded Creation Suite, WWE 2K22 offers players the ability to fully customize their WWE experience down to the smallest details. From taking control over brands, premium live events, match results, rivalries, and more – or creating the ultimate custom Superstar personas, arenas, and championships – players can share all their creations with the global WWE 2K22 community with first-time-ever, cross-platform sharing.
In addition, WWE 2K22 will introduce new modes to the WWE 2K experience: MyGM and MyFACTION. In MyGM, players step into the role of a WWE General Manager and call the shots on their way to building the biggest brand in the WWE Universe. From drafting the ultimate roster of WWE Superstars and Legends to developing iconic rivalries and championship showdowns, players will get the chance to take the reins and prove themselves on sports entertainment’s biggest stages. With the franchise-first MyFACTION mode, players can collect and manage their dream faction with weekly events and regular updates, providing tremendous challenges and replay value.